Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? (1202 Views)

My Mom Is Missing / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? / Living As A Single Mom/dad... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by luvissweet2f(f): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2013
Just want to know. But in my opinion, it should be the dad. Women have enough to do in the house already.
What do u think?
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by TableLeg(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2013
Both.... Both parents should make every effort to be actively involved and physically available in guiding thier kids and bringing them up!
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by koolet: 10:03am On Mar 18, 2013
D child wuld learn 2 do it itself when both parent re illitrates jor when i was little i do it maself nd now grown old 2 teach ma younger siblings bt on a good day its da mothers duty ..nt after when the father returns from work nau...
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by Ponel: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2013
The one that is more brilliant should help the child with the home.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by greatgod2012(f): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2013
Both!!
Whoever is less busy at the point in time.
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by greatgod2012(f): 10:13am On Mar 18, 2013
koolet: D child wuld learn 2 do it itself when both parent re illitrates jor when i was little i do it maself nd now grown old 2 teach ma younger siblings bt on a good day its da mothers duty ..nt after when the father returns from work nau...

and who said the mother do not have a place of work to return from, except, the woman is a full house wife, your last statement is an insult to a working class wife/mother.
To me, anyone that is less busy at the point in time can help the kid wit it, its a pleasurable and proud thing to do.
May God help us all.
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by koolet: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2013
greatgod2012:

and who said the mother do not have a place of work to return from, except, the woman is a full house wife, your last statement is an insult to a working class wife/mother.
To me, anyone that is less busy at the point in time can help the kid wit it, its a pleasurable and proud thing to do.
May God help us all.
Mynd U... for a well organised family, d husband should be the last person 2 return from work nt d wife

1 Like

Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by greatgod2012(f): 10:32am On Mar 18, 2013
koolet: Mynd U... for a well organised family, d husband should be the last person 2 return from work nt d wife

and mind you too.......not in all cases, no two marriages are the same. Thank you!
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by Geomac: 10:50am On Mar 18, 2013
koolet: Mynd U... for a well organised family, d husband should be the last person 2 return from work nt d wife

If a man closes from work by 4:00pm and the wife closes by 6:00pm you expect the man to stay behind till 7:00 - 8:00pm before returning home, right? Pls can you tell us more about an organized family?
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 18, 2013
Geomac:

If a man closes from work by 4:00pm and the wife closes by 6:00pm you expect the man to stay behind till 7:00 - 8:00pm before returning home, right? Pls can you tell us more about an organized family?
LMAO!! I was baffled too..what an insane comment

1 Like

Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by luvme2(f): 11:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Both parents should help their kids with the homework. But the dad needs to do more of the helping cos he might not really have time to bond with the kids as the mother does. Except if the mom is more intelligent than d dad; then d dad has to look 4 some other way to bond with his children. That is very important.
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by koolet: 11:40am On Mar 18, 2013
The main point iz any available parent myt work it out, bt in most cases the duty seldoms fall on the father... Dnt gt me wrong undecided
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by Ndipe(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
Question Question: So, if the father is not great at the subject, the mother shouldnt help out because she is tired from doing household chores?
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by baby124: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
Whoever is best at the subject. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by coogar: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
luvissweet2(f):
Just want to know. But in my opinion, it should be the dad. Women have enough to do in the house already.
What do u think?

it should be the dad. kids are more likely to sit up listening to the baritone voice of the dad than the mum who can be sometimes soft. i am good at math and english so the wife should be in the kitchen - making a bowl of steamy beans.... cool
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by olisavicto(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2013
I don't think the issue of who will help out the kids with their home work is a big thing, either the mother or the father could help out depending on who has the flair to handle children. Children will respond more to the person that understand their psychology.

www.blissful-union.com
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by TableLeg(m): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2013
baby_123: Whoever is best at the subject. grin cheesy
A very daft and dimwitted response to the thread!!!
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by AjanleKoko: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
We both do. Depends on who gets home earlier.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by JudgeDredd: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
Both! However @ that age, (I'm assuming they're kids prolly in Pry sch) the mother has the wile to get their attention better than a man.
Re: Who Should Help The Children With Homework, Mom/dad? by Ndipe(m): 12:46am On Mar 20, 2013
Table Leg :

A very daft and dimwitted response to the thread!!!

I disagree.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Boy: Do You Love Me More Than Ur Family? Girl Said: / Unwanted Pregnancy / 22 Year Old Nigerian Dies After Trying To Sell Playstation 4 Online!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.