Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587309 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 10:24am On Jun 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

My question was that is there any dates by the side of your uploaded documents?
No, no dates. pls this is for a frnd, what are the documents required for him to have strong home tie, he has full scholarshp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olutimi1: 11:23am On Jun 05, 2013
Congrats to all who have received med call-ups..Baba God me sef dey ur hands oo..7weeks today..so tired of tracking!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
i_am_saheed:

2-4 to get d TRV ryt?...."n" r u also waitin on ur TRV?

under normal circumstances..yeah 2-4 wks.. no sir..got my TRV..but took well over 2 months after medicals..but then circumstances wasnt normal as at tht time..from recent happenings, seems they have improved significantly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
Copiousworld: Pls house i hope this is on track with the discussions here. I just came back from the U.S and was told its easy to get a Canadian visitors visa inside the U.S via agent. Can anybody confirm this? I have a 2yrs B1/B2 visa and intend to visit again before the end of the year.

You don't need an agent however, I am not sure about the part of you getting it easily from the US since you cannot live more than 6months in the US per time. All I can say is you stand a high chance of getting the visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
sampitts: No, no dates. pls this is for a frnd, what are the documents required for him to have strong home tie, he has full scholarshp

I truly don't know however, I would suggest he uses the online platform and turn in the documentations required of him.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

I truly don't know however, I would suggest he uses the online platform and turn in the documentations required of him.
Yeah I also told him so but it seems most people are scared of the online route. thanks though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
sampitts: Yeah I also told him so but it seems most people are scared of the online route. thanks though.

Oga sampitts! Any luck for you yet? Have you heard anything from the embassy? Have they granted you your TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by harmony940(m): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
Thanks my bro pls can u help me in finding some one or better still my mail is darelovejah@yahoo.com,i will appreciate ur assistance please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by harmony940(m): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
@siga thanks for your concern please i will need ur help on that please and please,better still we can still communicate via e..mail please what is your e..mail mine is darelovejah@yahoo.com.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hello Forumites: Has there been anyone here whose application is up to 2 months through online platform and have heard from info regarding medicals? I submited on May 2nd online platform but majority of paper application tend to get calls for medical in two months.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Copiousworld: Pls house i hope this is on track with the discussions here. I just came back from the U.S and was told its easy to get a Canadian visitors visa inside the U.S via agent. Can anybody confirm this? I have a 2yrs B1/B2 visa and intend to visit again before the end of the year.
.....lailai....u can't apply for Canadian visa or anywhere as a visitor man....u go need apply from Naija or anywhere u hold either a work permit, study permit or permanent residency....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
harmony940: @siga thanks for your concern please i will need ur help on that please and please,better still we can still communicate via e..mail please what is your e..mail mine is darelovejah@yahoo.com.
....as per ur questions about Manitoba...contact the guy I gave u...I already told him someone needs his help...let me know how it goes...the guy will help....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kolaide(m): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hello house,i am new on this forum and i need some info concerning my application.I submit via vfs global some weeks ago and i want to know if my application is going to be process due to time frame.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Copiousworld: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
Siga: .....lailai....u can't apply for Canadian visa or anywhere as a visitor man....u go need apply from Naija or anywhere u hold either a work permit, study permit or permanent residency....

Thks much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Copiousworld: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
GboyegaD:

You don't need an agent however, I am not sure about the part of you getting it easily from the US since you cannot live more than 6months in the US per time. All I can say is you stand a high chance of getting the visa.
Thanks and well noted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
nobleman01:
Go to vfs asap and get futher instructions,do your medicals asap after that.
Bro good afternoon pleas I need ur help I want to do my nutrias of document, and I don't know where to get it done ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by djay1: 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
dommakavelli:

Congrats on ur medic @ gbesunboke n D jay

Which sch r u heading to?

Thanks DOm , would be heading for algonquin college in Ottawa(pgd)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
teapea8484:
Bro good afternoon pleas I need ur help I want to do my nutrias of document, and I don't know where to get it done ?

notorise.... Go to State high Court, Ikeja....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by djay1: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
gbesunboke: @d jay whats up got the same message asper medical.love to chat you concerning the process .kindly mail me on gbengaoke3@gmail.com pls. i don't knw if i need wait for vfs tracking tin

Emailed u already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
As of the dates below, citizens of these countries and territory will have to give their biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when they apply for a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit.

September 4, 2013:

* Colombia
* Haiti
* Jamaica

October 23, 2013:

* Albania
* Algeria
* Democratic Republic of Congo
* Eritrea
* Libya
* Nigeria
* Saudi Arabia
* Somalia
* South Sudan
* Sudan
* Tunisia

December 11, 2013:

* Afghanistan
* Bangladesh
* Burma (Myanmar)
* Cambodia
* Egypt
* Iran
* Iraq
* Jordan
* Laos
* Lebanon
* Pakistan
* Sri Lanka
* Syria
* Vietnam
* Yemen
* Palestinian Authority

Pay the biometric fee

If you apply for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit, you will have to pay an application fee. You will also need to pay a biometric fee of $85 CAD per person. Families applying together for a visitor visa will pay a maximum biometric fee of up to $170 CAD.

You can pay both your application fee and the biometric fee the same way. The website of the visa office that serves the country or region you are applying from will have more information on fees, including how to pay them.

Make sure you pay all the correct fees when you submit your application to avoid any delays in processing.

Visa application centre (VAC) application services included in the biometric fee:

If you apply in person at a visa application centre (VAC), the biometric fee covers the cost of collecting your biometrics and handling your application. This includes making sure your application is complete, sending it to the visa office and telling you when your passport or travel documents have been sent back.
Go to a visa application centre (VAC)

If you apply online:

* CIC will send you a biometric instruction letter by email when we receive your application. Read this letter, print a copy and bring it, along with your passport or other travel document, to a visa application centre (VAC) to give your biometrics.

If you submit a paper application by mail or in person to a visa application centre (VAC):

* You must give your biometrics at the same VAC where you apply. VAC staff will check that your application is complete and will confirm that you have paid the correct fees before you can give your biometrics.
* The VAC will also send your paper application to the visa office. See the types of services VACs offer.

If you submit a paper application to a visa office (VO):

* When the visa office gets your application, it will send you a biometric instruction letter. Read this letter and then bring it, along with your passport or other travel document, to a visa application centre (VAC) to give your biometrics.

Give your fingerprints and photograph

Giving your fingerprints and photograph is a safe, fast, and clean process that only takes about five minutes to complete. An operator will take a digital photograph of your face and ask you to put your fingers on a glass screen to be scanned.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
earthgreeners: As of the dates below, citizens of these countries and territory will have to give their biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when they apply for a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit.

September 4, 2013:

* Colombia
* Haiti
* Jamaica

October 23, 2013:

* Albania
* Algeria
* Democratic Republic of Congo
* Eritrea
* Libya
* Nigeria
* Saudi Arabia
* Somalia
* South Sudan
* Sudan
* Tunisia

December 11, 2013:

* Afghanistan
* Bangladesh
* Burma (Myanmar)
* Cambodia
* Egypt
* Iran
* Iraq
* Jordan
* Laos
* Lebanon
* Pakistan
* Sri Lanka
* Syria
* Vietnam
* Yemen
* Palestinian Authority

Pay the biometric fee

If you apply for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit, you will have to pay an application fee. You will also need to pay a biometric fee of $85 CAD per person. Families applying together for a visitor visa will pay a maximum biometric fee of up to $170 CAD.

You can pay both your application fee and the biometric fee the same way. The website of the visa office that serves the country or region you are applying from will have more information on fees, including how to pay them.

Make sure you pay all the correct fees when you submit your application to avoid any delays in processing.

Visa application centre (VAC) application services included in the biometric fee:

If you apply in person at a visa application centre (VAC), the biometric fee covers the cost of collecting your biometrics and handling your application. This includes making sure your application is complete, sending it to the visa office and telling you when your passport or travel documents have been sent back.
Go to a visa application centre (VAC)

If you apply online:

* CIC will send you a biometric instruction letter by email when we receive your application. Read this letter, print a copy and bring it, along with your passport or other travel document, to a visa application centre (VAC) to give your biometrics.

If you submit a paper application by mail or in person to a visa application centre (VAC):

* You must give your biometrics at the same VAC where you apply. VAC staff will check that your application is complete and will confirm that you have paid the correct fees before you can give your biometrics.
* The VAC will also send your paper application to the visa office. See the types of services VACs offer.

If you submit a paper application to a visa office (VO):

* When the visa office gets your application, it will send you a biometric instruction letter. Read this letter and then bring it, along with your passport or other travel document, to a visa application centre (VAC) to give your biometrics.

Give your fingerprints and photograph

Giving your fingerprints and photograph is a safe, fast, and clean process that only takes about five minutes to complete. An operator will take a digital photograph of your face and ask you to put your fingers on a glass screen to be scanned.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Pls dey shld not send all of us to Lagos as per biometric ooo! Dey shld also use vfs abuja.lol

No one has answered my questionn on d pregnancu issue. Will dey giv a 6month old preg woman study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
imadebaby: Pls dey shld not send all of us to Lagos as per biometric ooo! Dey shld also use vfs abuja.lol

No one has answered my questionn on d pregnancu issue. Will dey giv a 6month old preg woman study permit?

Are you Pregnant?
Aso kale ayo oooo!!.....

You wan go born Afro-Canadian abi.... CDHC!!!.. The ante natal / post natal go affect ur studies naw....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
@all, finally,i received my first medical call after 3 denials in 2yrs.i submitted on 5th april.i give kudos to each member of this house,especially to oga Siga whose contructive critisms and input made my letter of intent outstanding;thats the only doc that was absent in all my previous applications.
where is mercylicious,xtus, et al who has been denied twice or more,u can still get it.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
bullstriker: @all, finally,i received my first medical call after 3 denials in 2yrs.i submitted on 5th april.i give kudos to each member of this house,especially to oga Siga whose contructive critisms and input made my letter of intent outstanding;thats the only doc that was absent in all my previous applications.
where is mercylicious,xtus, et al who has been denied twice or more,u can still get it.

Wow! Biggest news! am so happy for you.Congrats man!
Your faith & persistence has been rewarded ke!
This is the sweet to ear, heart and spirit. God who started this in your life will complete it o! I pray for others awaiting too. Don't loose faith.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
2-chains:

Oga sampitts! Any luck for you yet? Have you heard anything from the embassy? Have they granted you your TRV?
Nothing yet o oga 2chains, planin to go and check my status though. wat abt u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
bullstriker: @all, finally,i received my first medical call after 3 denials in 2yrs.i submitted on 5th april.i give kudos to each member of this house,especially to oga Siga whose contructive critisms and input made my letter of intent outstanding;thats the only doc that was absent in all my previous applications.

Bull STRIKER!!!

U are indeed a real striker....u kept shooting at goal (Canada) until you finally dribbled the keeper (CDHC)..its now up to u to score the goal (Medicals and Conditions)....

VERY HAPPY ooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
I advise those who applied in April to start tracking and checking their emails (Spam and inbox).....

My application is 90% set for submission on Monday 10th June....Better late then never

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tanks man@Robbie 37.Same God will see u through.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
@earthgreeners grin tanks man.That's what cdhc needs ooo.just God's mercies and favor did it.my application has many loopholes.Wishing u God's favour in Yours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Congrats Bullstriker.. !! You're Half Way There.. !!God's time is the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tanks Man@ Goldie20

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pauloman(m): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: FOR ALL PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS HEADING TO ONTARIO. MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE A PUBLIC COLLEGE AS YOUR PLACE OF STUDY TO AID OR GUARANTEE YOUR YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENCY APPLICATION AT IMMIGRATION ONTARIO. AS STUDENT WITH THE ABOVE PROFILE ARE ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THEIR PR AFTER ONE YEAR OF STUDY. THANKS

www.ontario.ca/studyworkstay.

https://www.facebook.com/studyworkstay/app_160430850678443

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.