Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586248 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
I guess one might still need to. Don't forget the dollar mastercard you're talking about is denominated in US dollars and currency in Canada is the Canadian dollar. The same 'very bad' conversion rate will still be used. Also, the Naira mastercard also gets accepted in virtually any payment points displaying the mastercard logo, though I don't know about Canada but sure for some European countries. I'm at a loss as to how to get some cash with me to Canada pending when one will open a bank account .
Chatters:

If you have a dollar credit card you don't need to worry about the exchange rate. Which ever card you are getting should be in dollars. This way your card doesn't get rejected at some outlets. Please avoid naira credit /debit card. Go for dollars.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
Chatters:

If you have a dollar credit card you don't need to worry about the exchange rate. Which ever card you are getting should be in dollars. This way your card doesn't get rejected at some outlets. Please avoid naira credit /debit card. Go for dollars.

Thanks for the info.

Please, since dollar cards are USD specific, how does it work with Canadian dollar (I think both are not same; correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
kjbobo:
Sorry. ..if dat sounds offensive. ..but I can remember telling you and earthgreeners about this? I wont be surprised if earthgreeners did his meds today!
What happened to two of my peeps last year was painful and won't like to c it happen again (they got their meds Aug 14 last year but was told to resume this year!)
Try go back to my posts abeg!
Sorry...I no be your grand pa ooo.Just concerned about you catching up!
Did medicals on 10th of Aug...without passport!

Now u're sounding like a friend, do u advise I scope my school now to extend d start date maybe the grace of 2-3weeks more... Follow me talk sire, now I'm ready to listen like a grandson.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
honourableseyi: @Kunle-Akogun, check out this page on NBCC website.

Metals Processing

Learn how to build industrial products by acquiring the skills to manage the manufacturing process. Our grads are welders, industrial mechanics and machinists with the tool belts to prove it.

Programs available
For more detail on any of the courses below, click on the course name.

Program Name Campus Duration
CNC Machining Moncton The requirements for this diploma program may be achieved within two years of full-time study.

his course is a diploma course for two years.

http://www.nbcc.ca/en/home/programs_and_courses/fulltimestudy/MetalsProcessing.aspx

Checked it already..I can not cut it on that course o,d curriculum too heavy for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
PlayPays:

Now u're sounding like a friend, do u advise I scope my school now to extend d start date maybe the grace of 2-3weeks more... Follow me talk sire, now I'm ready to listen like a grandson.
grin...Lol..funny dude...Most definitely yes...try scope them abeg...My start date is 26th Aug...was able to get Sept 10 extension.
When is your start date? If the date on your letter is passed before you are called...you will most likely be told to get a letter from school.
You might not be able to negotiate the number of weeks if aint well acquainted with your school's calendar. ...for instance, I doubt if any school will give more than two weeks after start date...and I hope you dont have extra instructions? If you do..you've got to do "usain bolt" like Chrigo will say!
You can p.m me...I can forward the mail I sent to my school to get them to gimme the extension letter!
Kind regards,
Grandpa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
yung_sage100: @Kunle-akogun

I think you should do some research on the rate at which int'l students are given study permits for technical courses. I stand to be corrected but must technical courses have an apprenticeship program which takes a long time to be completed. This might contradict the notion that you will return to your home country after your studies.

Very good point bro,where do I start researching..nt many pple on here r on d technical line

I hve had abt 2 years of part time appretinceship wiv my previous employer,so I want to further on it academically n improve on it

Do advise pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
....Link below shows Canadian Schools and their respective tuition... hope this helps...

http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/facts-and-stats/tuition-fees-by-university/

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
smile13: I guess one might still need to. Don't forget the dollar mastercard you're talking about is denominated in US dollars and currency in Canada is the Canadian dollar. The same 'very bad' conversion rate will still be used. Also, the Naira mastercard also gets accepted in virtually any payment points displaying the mastercard logo, though I don't know about Canada but sure for some European countries. I'm at a loss as to how to get some cash with me to Canada pending when one will open a bank account .

Bro,
Make I add my lil opinion though say I never cross Atlantic ocean before ooo...

As Faith would have it,being a medical hopeful, I've already applied for a VISA GOLD CARD @ 1st BANK of Nigeria Plc,waiting to collect it any moment from now. It is a stand alone a/c and is operated in dollars...opening balance $100...min bal $19...charge per withdrawal anywhere in the world $1.5...yearly charge $15...
NOTE: Some hotels and supermakets round globe offer discounts on purchases/reservations made with visa gold card ßuђ this is not applicable to VISA prepaid...

They also issue VISA PREPAID card(also a stand alone a/c ßuђ operated in Naira) and pays you in the currency used anywhere you wanna withdraw(just like mastercard)...charge per withdrawal #240...opening balance #3000 or thereabout...no annual charge...

I believe this can do a gud job...

PLEASE ooo, My papa/mama or none of my family members dey work for 1st bank...just advertising a product I feel might solve our challenges.

Besides that,1st Bank na MASTER...anytime anyday...

Other banks might as well have similar products,just walk in and inquire about VISA GOLD OR VISA PREPAID card...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
Lol @ grandpa

kjbobo:
grin...Lol..funny dude...Most definitely yes...try scope them abeg...My start date is 26th Aug...was able to get Sept 10 extension.
When is your start date? If the date on your letter is passed before you are called...you will most likely be told to get a letter from school.
You might not be able to negotiate the number of weeks if aint well acquainted with your school's calendar. ...for instance, I doubt if any school will give more than two weeks after start date...and I hope you dont have extra instructions? If you do..you've got to do "usain bolt" like Chrigo will say!
You can p.m me...I can forward the mail I sent to my school to get them to gimme the extension letter!
Kind regards,
Grandpa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Seconded.I know about d visa gold card too.

Onye oma:

Bro,

As Faith would have it,being a medical hopeful, I've already applied for a VISA GOLD CARD @ 1st BANK of Nigeria Plc,waiting to collect it any moment from now. It is a stand alone a/c and is operated in dollars...opening balance $100...min bal $19...charge per withdrawal anywhere in the world $1.5...yearly charge $15...
NOTE: Some hotels and supermakets round globe offer discounts on purchases/reservations made with visa gold card ßuђ this is not applicable to VISA prepaid...

They also issue VISA PREPAID card(also a stand alone a/c ßuђ operated in Naira) and pays you in the currency used anywhere you wanna withdraw(just like mastercard)...charge per withdrawal #240...opening balance #3000 or thereabout...no annual charge...

PLEASE ooo, My papa/mama or none of my family members dey work for 1st bank...just advertising a product I feel might solve our challenges.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
These people should just do and give us our trv's biko.the wait is crazy mehn!...Thank God MTN don't send mails.its just really annoying when my phone blinks and think it's one correct thing just to realize it's Mtn per minute message about caller tunez or this

'Congrats! A special gift of 7 FREE "Live Well Tips" has your name on it! To claim it, text StartWell to 35075 NOW! SMS is free!Offer expires 11:59pm 16th Aug.13'

I never knew I would be this anxious .God dey

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bros, thank for the info. I appreciate.

I've used something almost similar to that too from GTBank and still, when used for purchases from a merchant whether online or offline where the primary denomination is not the US dollars, the rates they use are always excessively on the high side. Just yesterday when I made payment with my GTBank Naira mastercard for my university hostel committal fee, GTBank used a rate of =N182 to $1CAD!

This tin tire me bro, I no go lie.
Onye oma:

Bro,

Other banks might as well have similar products,just walk in and inquire about VISA GOLD OR VISA PREPAID card...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
laureek: These people should just do and give us our trv's biko.the wait is crazy mehn!...Thank God MTN don't send mails.its just really annoying when my phone blinks and think it's one correct thing just to realize it's Mtn per minute message about caller tunez or this

'Congrats! A special gift of 7 FREE "Live Well Tips" has your name on it! To claim it, text StartWell to 35075 NOW! SMS is free!Offer expires 11:59pm 16th Aug.13'

I never knew I would be this anxious .God dey
Wow..thought I was the only one getting irritated by MTN's messages (can't wait to drop the sim grin)
Bros...we gonna get there very soon.."Our salvation is nearer than when we first believed!"
Guess you don't watch ball? Man city is currently playing Newcastle. ..a good distraction! This week is already loaded with great games...
So CDHC ,bring it on!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
honourableseyi:

I have checked it, it is still the same amount $6000. Thanks for your observation.

http://www.nbcc.ca/en/home/futurestudents/internationalstudents/faqforinternationalstudyatnbcc.aspx

You are always welcome bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
Onye oma:

Bro,

U r correct....I have the visa gold card...it is denominated in US dollar and I used it to pay for my application fees in canada and it works perfectly well...you can equally use it to withdraw naira here in our atm machine.
It has an atm pin and I pin....it is multipose and highly accepted anywhere in the world.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks, 'll try and check it out.
nicemax:

U r correct....I have the visa gold card...it is denominated in US dollar and I used it to pay for my application fees in canada and it works perfectly well...you can equally use it to withdraw naira here in our atm machine.
It has an atm pin and I pin....it is multipose and highly accepted anywhere in the world.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
Onye oma:

Bro,

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
No instructions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
I guess its time 4 u to hate me again!!!.....watching out for gud news....my tapping is near 4 sure grin grin grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
PlayPays: Vfs tho
Left their office now but still chilling around. I was told they're yet to receive my pkg(medical instruction) from cdch that I should chill till I get their own(Vfs) mail. Actually I saw ups brought in new packages but it aidy close hour.
No time abge someone should tell Vfs.
Abeg where Earthgreener... How ur side??
I got my passport at VFS today, had to wait till 3:00pm. No further instructions. wld be going for med tomorrow morning... Thanks to everyone .... Gat till 18th September to resume....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
Please i really wana keep track of who hates me on this Thread.....Click like if you really hate me and wants me to stop all this smiley shitt grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....yep those smileys are to know how passionately you do....am just gonna stop and do the helping tinz alone....If i dont get any likes then i assume we're cul...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
@all,

Chrigo, can never please all nairaland members. As a result of this, if you don't like his post, u better keep ur mouth shut than to talk in an indecorous and impetuous manner.

Regards,
Nicemax.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
ChriGo: Please i really wana keep track of who hates me on this Thread.....Click like if you really hate me and wants me to stop all this smiley shitt grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....yep those smileys are to know how passionately you do....am just gonna stop and do the helping tinz alone....If i dont get any likes then i assume we're cul...thanks

Chrigo, u did it your way, That's cool, u can put smiley how u want,every body can not b pretty, If you hating, you just need some smiley but pls Respect all, fear none, just keep it real,

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonisvg(m): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ ChriGo, tanx alot for the mails...i wan call u abeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
Just got a mail from CDHC. ..that they are yet to get my medicals. ..That it will take 3-4 wks to get to them!
This was in response to the mail I sent to them with respect to the resumption date-AUGUST 26TH.
I guess I still have more premiership games to watch in Nigeria!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
If u dey travel go canny,y not buy a traveler's cheque?$4k max n hold abt $1500 cash

When u enta,open an acct n deposit d cheque..shud clear within 14 days so I read n u can manage d cash @ hand till then...hopefully

Datz my 20 kobo abt dat

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
kjbobo: Just got a mail from CDHC. ..that they are yet to get my medicals. ..That it will take 3-4 wks to get to them!
This was in response to the mail I sent to them with respect to the resumption date-AUGUST 26TH.
I guess I still have more premiership games to watch in Nigeria!

when you do medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
kjbobo:
Kind regards,
Grandpa

I swear now u sounding like God sent, just what I've been thinking all this long but u've been able to help, I do appreciate. Be expecting my massage.
Yours sincerely
Grandson
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
nas-jay:

Chrigo, u did it your way, That's cool, u can put smiley how u want,every body can not b pretty, but pls Respect all, fear none, just keep it real,
my oga nas-jay tanx!!! Just wana know noni....i respect all...but some peeps sumtimes just have dis natural hating tendency...instead of been nice and tell me to stop d smileys dey say it rudely...anyways still waiting 4 d likes 4rm hating peeps....wana keep track nd knw wat nd wat to post on here....tanx sir ur trv na sure banka!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
adonisvg: @ ChriGo, tanx alot for the mails...i wan call u abeg.
i go call u sir...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
nas-jay:

when you do medicals?
10th of August. ..guess you did yours 25th?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Now it hink its time i comment on the chrigo issue.

1. i think u have been a very entertaining dude, i also appreciate you enlivening the house
2. This house wouldn't be lively without some jokes and chill pill statements / gala tins here and there

BUT

This forum is a very serious place where major issues are tackled by means of sharing information. What particularly attracted me to this forum besides just wanting to know about canadian visa is the maturity of the house . this is the basic difference between FACEBOOK , TWITTER and this forum.

Imagine after the long schedule of the day, someone opens this forum which he stopped the previous day at page 200 and all of a sudden he sees page 210. Now naturally, this would make him/her excited and make such a person want to go page by page in anticipation of good news, progress report or relevant information. Now imagine the disappointment (and sometimes irritation) to find out that page 200- 210 is 80% jokes and smileys or replies to "hating".......THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE OF RECENT and if am not mistaken ,it discourages people who have serious info to participate because such info or questions get overshadowed by comedy.....

So my broda, i ave just 1 word : MODERATION .
Wish you success in your medicals.....
Safe man..

#Pls i didn't read through. I typed from the heart. Pardon if any errors.

ChriGo: my oga nas-jay tanx!!! Just wana know noni....i respect all...but some peeps sumtimes just have dis natural hating tendency...instead of been nice and tell me to stop d smileys dey say it rudely...anyways still waiting 4 d likes 4rm hating peeps....wana keep track nd knw wat nd wat to post on here....tanx sir ur trv na sure banka!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.