Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587409 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 11:56am On May 04, 2013
GboyegaD:

Yes please. Even at that, you could use the online platform to generate the items you need to submit with your application so that you don't miss out on any important thing.

@Gboyega. Many thanks. I will write the letter of interest now. But please, kindly permit one more inquiry. They want me to include an nysc certificate, if "applicable". How does one judge "applicability"? Is the nysc cert needed for a doctorate application? Then, instead of submitting original copies, could I submit certified copies from a notary public?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 11:57am On May 04, 2013
Nuendo:

LETTER OF INTENT
1. Start off with a very very short description of who u are and your basic interests
2. Your qualifications , degree , etc
3. Work experience relevant to your first degree etc.
4. why you want to do a masters and how doing such would benefit you in your life aspirations
5. why you want to study in in Canada instead of Nigeria or another country e.g USA, UK etc
6. The u have to somehow try to convince the visa officer that your study would be beneficial back home thereby reinforcing your intent to come back home after studies.

LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP:

1. Sponsor should introduce himself, occupation, address
2. Explain his relationship to you.
3. Explain why he wants to sponsor you ( if he isn't blood related.)
4. Assure that he has the financial means to be responsible for all your expenses

DISCLAIMER : This isn't a perfect guide but going by most of what i have seen online, this could be a starting point.
my 2 cents.

Odinwa:
Thanks but am not going for masters, am going for a 2nd degree in a different course. Should I use the same format?

You can always modify the format. Relate your second degree to your aspirations and why u feel u need to do that second degree. DONT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE U ARE JUST DOING ANY COURSE FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING INTO CANADA.

There must be some form of tie to the course, your aspirations, and coming back to your home country.

hope that helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 12:17pm On May 04, 2013
Hello house!
I wanna know if 3 semesters prog is equivalent to a year or 2.. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2013
richard4ssky:

yes you right. Is lik you have an ideal about the school. Is just an 8 month program. So how much do you advice me to be in my statement of account
The first term school fees should be written/given on ur acceptance letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 12:45pm On May 04, 2013
earthgreeners: Sigh!!!... After a very long battle...
I'm pleased to inform this great house that I have been offered admission for Masters in Natural Resources Management at the University of Manitoba. I have accepted the offer and waiting for a formal admission acceptance letter... I have changed my mailing address to a Canadian address.

#Running late

Dude we've all been praying you get this! Congrats!!! Running late ke? With God you can never run late, the race is not to the swift... I wish you the best for the rest of the journey.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2013
Nuendo:

You can always modify the format. Relate your second degree to your aspirations and why u feel u need to do that second degree. DONT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE U ARE JUST DOING ANY COURSE FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING INTO CANADA.

There must be some form of tie to the course, your aspirations, and coming back to your home country.

hope that helps
Yeah! It helped a lot. I will start drafting my letter now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 12:56pm On May 04, 2013
Odinwa:
Yeah! It helped a lot. I will start drafting my letter now

In drafting the letter, my brother. Do not forget to relate your personality strengths and your first degree to the new one you seek. Let the reader get a feel of your passion, competence, and commitment to return to Nigeria to help society with newly acquired knowledge. Wishing you all the best! God no de sleep!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 1:19pm On May 04, 2013
Hello house!

I wanna know if 3 semesters prog is equivalent to a year or 2..

Can i also use my GTB Master card to pay for my application fee on ontariocolleges.ca

Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 2:23pm On May 04, 2013
earthgreeners: @xtus, vooz, luckydon, teexzle, freshdude and all Fall 2013 applicants...where @ thou?...
Whatz up with admission et study permit application?
boss i dey oo..still packaging my application. congratz on ur admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 2:53pm On May 04, 2013
movein: Hello house!

I wanna know if 3 semesters prog is equivalent to a year or 2..

Can i also use my GTB Master card to pay for my application fee on ontariocolleges.ca

Thank you!
Depends on the school curriculum
YES u can pay with master card to the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 2:57pm On May 04, 2013
Shadams:

In drafting the letter, my brother. Do not forget to relate your personality strengths and your first degree to the new one you seek. Let the reader get a feel of your passion, competence, and commitment to return to Nigeria to help society with newly acquired knowledge. Wishing you all the best! God no de sleep!
Thanks bro! I will keep that in mind.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 3:42pm On May 04, 2013
Thanks Huszzie..already looking in that direction too, bt ths tym my mind's made up, am using an agent(cetenical college, nt sure of d spelling)
2. I don't tink having 2.1 does mean u must go 4 msc direct, u may just want to do a short course-certificate course(8months) or pgd if u wanna major in somethn diff frm ur first degree #justsayn
Bt rily I wud v preferd goin in 4 a msc directly tho

3. Boss siga pls share hw we can extend our stay with an 8mths course,wudnt mind if u share wat exactly u did afta ur course @ humber..thanks
Huzzie: My good peeps in d house,wats good?cool. I jst tot I shud update d house wit my UNBC admission, I wasn't admitted because of unavailability of supervisor to match my research interest,though, I was said to be qualified for d prog.
I am looking at Jan start date in Humber college and I have sent my docx, hopefully by June I shud send my docx to CDHC for processing once I get my admission letter..I want 2 blief dt CDHC won't ponder on my decision to go for PG wiv a 2.1 CGPA.
@Zionspecie...wots happening, u ought to resume on Monday May 6.
@Teexzle..u cud also try looking out ds lovely colleges,jst a suggestion sis kiss http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/ontcol/home.html
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:51pm On May 04, 2013
teexzle: Thanks Huszzie..already looking in that direction too, bt ths tym my mind's made up, am using an agent(cetenical college, nt sure of d spelling)
2. I don't tink having 2.1 does mean u must go 4 msc direct, u may just want to do a short course-certificate course(8months) or pgd if u wanna major in somethn diff frm ur first degree #justsayn
Bt rily I wud v preferd goin in 4 a msc directly tho

3. Boss siga pls share hw we can extend our stay with an 8mths course,wudnt mind if u share wat exactly u did afta ur course @ humber..thanks
....I was lucky I got a job 1 month after my program...so...I got a Postgraduate work permit of 1yr...then after 6months of work...I applied for PR...PR came 4months after work permit don die...called immigration to notify them my work permit don die...I was advise no worry...continue working as you are legal since u already put in ur PR apps....so..na so so prayer say make dem approve am ...and luckily...I was granted....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2013
Odinwa:
Thanks but am not going for masters, am going for a 2nd degree in a different course. Should I use the same format?

Yes please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2013
Shadams:

@Gboyega. Many thanks. I will write the letter of interest now. But please, kindly permit one more inquiry. They want me to include an nysc certificate, if "applicable". How does one judge "applicability"? Is the nysc cert needed for a doctorate application? Then, instead of submitting original copies, could I submit certified copies from a notary public?

If it is based on the questionaire you filled then, I would suggest you give them all that is required of you however, if you are scared of the giving out the originals, I think you should be able to submit a certified copy although, I am not too sure of this.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 4:02pm On May 04, 2013
earthgreeners: Sigh!!!... After a very long battle...
I'm pleased to inform this great house that I have been offered admission for Masters in Natural Resources Management at the University of Manitoba. I have accepted the offer and waiting for a formal admission acceptance letter... I have changed my mailing address to a Canadian address.

#Running late
Congrats bro. Unto the next...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:04pm On May 04, 2013
GboyegaD:

If it is based on the questionaire you filled then, I would suggest you give them all that is required of you however, if you are scared of the giving out the originals, I think you should be able to submit a certified copy although, I am not too sure of this.
....I dont know why you guys are scared or worried to submit originals of ur docs....the checklist clearly states they require original and copies....make una no dey play with fire ooo

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On May 04, 2013
richard4ssky:

well in my acceptance letter my george brow college it was noted that i must pay my tution fees befor my adminsion can be offer a place in the college. In this case what should i do

Since you know you wanna go for teh program, then, pay and make things happen . . . . Good luck, note that according to what you have said, your acceptance fully is based on your tuition payment (reference to your statement)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On May 04, 2013
Siga: ....I dont know why you guys are scared or worried to submit originals of ur docs....the checklist clearly states they require original and copies....make una no dey play with fire ooo

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng

I think it is mostly because some people are scared of getting back their document just in case they are rejected, and i see those as feeling defeated already before the game.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:09pm On May 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I think it is mostly because some people are scared of getting back their document just in case they are rejected, and i see those as feeling defeated already before the game.
..then I would advise u go submit at the embassy urself...cos...these CDHC people, na small thing dey vex them oo...make man no give devil shovel to help am finish the job ooo...everyone wey I advise on dem process...na original dem all submit and nothing was missing when they got it back.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On May 04, 2013
GboyegaD:

I will advice that if the dude is asked to submit the original of the document, it is better to do just that, cos if i am a visa officer and you think you are qualified to come to Canada to come and study and i am asking you for your original doc, if you are worried about giving them, i MIGHT dig more on you. . . just my own personal opinion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:13pm On May 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I will advice that if the dude is asked to submit the original of the document, it is better to do just that, cos if i am a visa officer and you think you are qualified to come to Canada to come and study and i am asking you for your original doc, if you are worried about giving them, i MIGHT dig more on you. . . just my own personal opinion.
...Dig more ke...abi outright DENIAL....why waste time digging when VO get hundreds of other applicants wey follow the rules to process...the line is long now...no one has time to dey dig Oga Fhemmmmy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:20pm On May 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I support him sending in the original but like I said, incase he is scared because I think most people have fears due to their experience with the way some people do things in Nigeria. That is why I provided the alternative which I also stated I am not too sure about.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 4:54pm On May 04, 2013
I call that being blessd nt lucky, can u explain any oda route, if 1 doesn't get a job easily(just wanna b sure of my chances so I can sell to my sponsor)
2. Hw long must 1 stay in canada b4 d person can apply 4 PR(judgn frm ur story u used on 2yrs)
3. My Dad's friend is in ontario bt he advsed that if I don't c schools in ontario I shd apply to other provinces cos one can apply 4 PR immediately after a year grad course bt its nt d case for ontario, hw tru is ds..

4.Wich province r u @
Siga: ....I was lucky I got a job 1 month after my program...so...I got a Postgraduate work permit of 1yr...then after 6months of work...I applied for PR...PR came 4months after work permit don die...called immigration to notify them my work permit don die...I was advise no worry...continue working as you are legal since u already put in ur PR apps....so..na so so prayer say make dem approve am ...and luckily...I was granted....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 4:57pm On May 04, 2013
Odinwa:
The first term school fees should be written/given on ur acceptance letter

i mean when i pay the school fess which is about $6k balance $6k so how much is going to be in my sponsour statement of account for the embassy to issue visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:03pm On May 04, 2013
teexzle: I call that being blessd nt lucky, can u explain any oda route, if 1 doesn't get a job easily(just wanna b sure of my chances so I can sell to my sponsor)
2. Hw long must 1 stay in canada b4 d person can apply 4 PR(judgn frm ur story u used on 2yrs)
3. My Dad's friend is in ontario bt he advsed that if I don't c schools in ontario I shd apply to other provinces cos one can apply 4 PR immediately after a year grad course bt its nt d case for ontario, hw tru is ds..

4.Wich province r u @
...My bad...correction...It was a huge blessing...

1. Some people go for other programs that they can use to extend their stay....
2. If u have prior work experience from Naija or anywhere u applying from, which is within the last 5yrs u are applying for PR...u can use that...I used mine as well....
3.That one na wrong info bro...Ontario has Provincial Nominee prog as well...I believe that is wat he is referring to...the number of apps accepted maybe more in other provinces than Ontario ...cos last yr...Ontario only accepted 1000 applicants...so...chances are bigger in other Province than Ontario...Ontario is pretty much has biggest population
4. I'm pimpin' Ontario...Tdot bro...never left since I came off the plane...

Started from the bottom, Now I'm here.... wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 5:13pm On May 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Since you know you wanna go for teh program, then, pay and make things happen . . . . Good luck, note that according to what you have said, your acceptance fully is based on your tuition payment (reference to your statement)

thanks for the advice the tution is about $6k balance $6k. So if i pay the fees how much is going to be on my sponsour statement of account which i'm going to surmite to the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2013
Siga: ...My bad...correction...It was a huge blessing...

2. If u have prior work experience from Naija or anywhere u applying from, which is within the last 5yrs u are applying for PR...u can use that...I used mine as well....
3.That one na wrong info bro...Ontario has Provincial Nominee prog as well...I believe that is wat he is referring to...the number of apps accepted maybe more in other provinces than Ontario ...cos last yr...Ontario only accepted 1000 applicants...so...chances are bigger in other Province than Ontario...Ontario is pretty much has biggest population

@siga Omo me sef go like get your kind story oh! I'm hoping that after I fnsh from my PGD at seneca den I go for a masters in a related program, then from there work permit. Do you think this can work out for me? Bcuz I fnshd wiv a two two so I cnt enter uni direct.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:22pm On May 04, 2013
2-chains:

@siga Omo me sef go like get your kind story oh! I'm hoping that after I fnsh from my PGD at seneca den I go for a masters in a related program, then from there work permit. Do you think this can work out for me? Bcuz I fnshd wiv a two two so I cnt enter uni direct.
...of cos why not....just make sure u get close to ur profs at Seneca...most of them have friends as Coordinators for Masters programs in the field...so, they can recommend u...and with ur PGD, u stand a better chance...ensure u come out with excellent grades...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:34pm On May 04, 2013
*smiles* thanks so much for the enlightmt, sincerely appreciate, op u still have enuf coffee.

Now the big ?, a jan start or a may start...

Siga: ...My bad...correction...It was a huge blessing...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:40pm On May 04, 2013
teexzle: *smiles* thanks so much for the enlightmt, sincerely appreciate, op u still have enuf coffee.

Now the big ?, a jan start or a may start...

...If u have all ur docs ready Jan is still far away....even if u wan build bank statement...U can still run a solid acct for the next 6months...thats all its required...Anyone is ok bro..its ur choice..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 5:59pm On May 04, 2013
Siga: ...of cos why not....just make sure u get close to ur profs at Seneca...most of them have friends as Coordinators for Masters programs in the field...so, they can recommend u...and with ur PGD, u stand a better chance...ensure u come out with excellent grades...

Thanx alot! One last question. Hope I would be able to get admission to a masters program before my study visa expires so I don't have to go bck to naija to apply for study visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.