Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community (10405 Views)

The Mayor Of Dorval In Quebec, Canada Responded To The Muslim Community There Wh / The Mayor Of Dorval In Quebec, Canada Responded To The Muslim Community / CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
I hope they are watching them like hawks
Those people cannot be trusted
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by ParisLove2(f): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
maclatunji: Nigerians have a problem- see positive news about religious tolerance, little interest. However, post X group kills 100 in Attack and you have people queuing to post in their hundreds.

#Distasteful
You have a problem. Were you not the one that told me Christians are not allowed to practice their religion freely in islamic states? Now you want us to start jumping up and down because of this?

At topic, good gesture by the church. Let's hope they return the favor in kind.

1 Like

Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by damola311: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
slysinzu: Islam is a religion of peace,u can see that saudi arabia is very peaceful or have you seen them in any war or violence? I wonder why dose terrorist call dem selfs soldiers of allah....

Lol........you're funny. Saudi arabia peaceful gan ni,as if you no get TV for uur house and if you get na those local stations wey dey do local programs una dey watch......watch press tv, bbc ,al jazeera cnn and others and listen to news for you to know there is violence there(Riyad and odas). No dy talk thing wey you no knw oo abeg.......and pls go for dstv or strong for better news
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by sherif4owo(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
the_ripper: Hw does dis negate the fact dat ..............

We know Christainity preaches peace and love, can we say same for the Mohammedans

We know Christainity preaches peace and love, can we say same for the Mohammedans

we are not mohammedans, we are muslims.

1 Like

Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by akpanbaba: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Christians are fond of dancing with deadly snakes.Will this stop them from being attacked when the spirit of violence associated with this religion wakes up?.We were living in Badarawa,Kaduna when a christian tenant who spent his money to renovate the house of the muslim landlord was attacked by the son of the landlord.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=14pt]I can understand the fact that these people want to be seen as liberal and receptive to other religious fate but i think it's wrong. It's one thing to be receptive to people from other religious fate and to be encouraging something that you don't believe in. They should also extend their benevolence to Amdioha and Sango worshipers.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
akpanbaba: Christians are fond of dancing with deadly snakes.Will this stop them from being attacked when the spirit of violence associated with this religion wakes up?.We were living in Badarawa,Kaduna when a christian tenant who spent his money to renovate the house of the muslim landlord was attacked by the son of the landlord.

It is our kindness that is continually our undoing
Predominantly Christian nations welcomed these people with open arms,what do they get in return?
Threats of violence and actual violence but their quarters are uninhabitable for people of other faiths
They can't even live peaceably with themselves and are clogging the embassies to run away from their homestead into the same infidel lands they condemn.
Let them keep opening up churches for them
Tomorrow we will read how the imam stabbed the pastor and his family to death

There was a Muslim cable TV owner in New York State who spent his time after 911 preaching Islamic peace and trying to convince all that Islam was being misunderstood
That Muslims were peaceful people
A few years later the same man slashed the throat of his own wife in that same TV station because she wanted a divorce
That is how the peaceful ones act
It is in their blood to kill

2 Likes

Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Burger01(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
maclatunji: Nigerians have a problem- see positive news about religious tolerance, little interest. However, post X group kills 100 in Attack and you have people queuing to post in their hundreds.

#Distasteful
Not surprised such rant is coming from you. What positive thing would you ever have to say?.... sad
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Afam4eva(m): 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
nwando:

It is our kindness that is continually our undoing
Predominantly Christian nations welcomed these people with open arms,what do they get in return?
Threats of violence and actual violence but their quarters are uninhabitable for people of other faiths
They can't even live peaceably with themselves and are clogging the embassies to run away from their homestead into the same infidel lands they condemn.
Let them keep opening up churches for them
Tomorrow we will read how the imam stabbed the pastor and his family to death

There was a Muslim cable TV owner in New York State who spent his time after 911 preaching Islamic peace and trying to convince all that Islam was being misunderstood
That Muslims were peaceful people
A few years later the same man slashed the throat of his own wife in that same TV station because she wanted a divorce
That is how the peaceful ones act
It is in their blood to kill
This can't be true.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by maclatunji: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
Burger01:
Not surprised such rant is coming from you. What positive thing would you ever have to say?.... sad

About? I just called the news positive, is there anything more positive as describing something as positive? I laugh in Latin. Religious tolerance is the key. Each person should respect other people's religious beliefs and boundaries.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by pauladonis(m): 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
why should christians be this foolish. muslims anywhere in d world will never ever allow a christian or group of christians worship in their mosque.
You should try to convert them, not to tolerate their religion. do u think islam recognize tolerance or civilization? I wont be surprised if sooner or later, those muslims chase the christians away from d church or community. and I am sure the christians will still be tolerant in d name of peace. I am not against any religion .....but it is high time we started preaching to them of The savior than just allowing them do what they want. CHRISTIANS WAKE UP.

1 Like

Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Then it is not a true house of God!. The temple of God should be kept holy and devoid of unbelievers, terrorists and bombers. :-/ undecided
remember in the bible when Jesus chased away those people using the temple of God as a market place.
So as far as i'm concerned that is not a church, but a place of deceit.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by JIMPAUL: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
I love that, I alway get courage to go on with my muslim fiance any time i hear something like this
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
now why on earth did they do that?... If it was the other religions they would NOT offer prayer space for Christians!
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by ehispapa(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2013

#Distasteful

Tunji most of them here are kids....sometimes i just to see whats happening back home. nothing more..if this is Nigerian future, my brother the country is doomed
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by tarryT(m): 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
Smart church. Good secuirity strategy.. Just in case the boko rats want to misbehave they might consider their unmuslim islamic brothers, that refuse to take part in Allah's bomb a church for virgins promo.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Afritop(m): 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
AT LEAST WHEN TERRORIST WANT TO THROW BOMB, THEY WILL THINK TWICE AND NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF KILLING THEIR RELATIVES ALONG WITH THE TRUE WORSHIPPERS
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
jmoore: can they offer the space for pagans too? smh

They will never give us space. discrimination against us is in their blood.

Its ok. we dont need their charity. We Pagans can pray anywhere we like.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
This can't be true.

I kid you not.

Here is that story

The founder of an upstate New York TV station aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has been arrested on suspicion of killing his wife, who was beheaded, authorities said.

Muzzammil Hassan was charged with second-degree murder after police found the decapitated body of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, at the Bridges TV station in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, said Andrew Benz, Orchard Park's police chief.

Hassan was arrested Thursday.

His wife filed for divorce February 6, and police had responded to several domestic violence calls at the couple's home, Benz said.

On Monday, Benz told CNN that Hassan went directly to the police station after his wife's death Thursday and confessed to killing her. However, Benz on Tuesday denied that he'd said Hassan confessed.

Hassan told Orchard Park police his wife was dead, led officers to her body and was arrested Thursday, Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita III told CNN on Tuesday. Hassan is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.

Attempts to reach an attorney for Hassan were unsuccessful Monday, and his family didn't return calls from CNN.

He had two children, 4 and 6, with his wife. He had two other children, 17 and 18, from his previous marriage.

[size=18pt]He launched Bridges TV, billed as the first English-language cable channel targeting Muslims inside the United States, in 2004. At the time, Hassan said he hoped the network would balance negative portrayals of Muslims following the attacks of September 11, 2001.[/size]

The station's staff is "deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya Hassan and the subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan," a statement from Bridges TV said.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Lero15(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
slysinzu: Islam is a religion of peace,u can see that saudi arabia is very peaceful or have you seen them in any war or violence? I wonder why dose terrorist call dem selfs soldiers of allah....
hw many church dey s/arabia?
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
A jury in western New York convicted a Muslim television executive on Monday of beheading his wife in 2009.

Muzzammil "Mo" Hassan, who never denied killing his spouse, was found guilty of second-degree murder after one hour of deliberation.

The 40-year-old is the founder of Bridges TV, a television station in Buffalo that was established to counter negative stereotypes of Muslims.

Hassan, who served as his own lawyer, claimed he was justified in killing his wife since he was a long-time victim of domestic abuse - an argument jurors ultimately rejected.

"Think of Aasiya's hurt and pain in years of marriage and the final 30 or 40 seconds, trying desperately to fend off his two knives with her hands and possibly being conscious as he began to behead her," prosecutor Colleen Curtin Gablesaid during a closing statement.

The Pakistan-born Muslim had been served divorce papers one week before police found the body of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, at the tv station. [size=18pt]She was stabbed more than 40 times and decapitated, prompting speculation her death was an honor killing.[/size]

"He separated the mind, which he saw as worthless, and kicked it," said attorney Nadia Shahram, who lectures on the effects of religion and culture on family law at the University at Buffalo.

Hassan faces up to 25 years to life in prison for the murder. He will be sentenced by a judge March 9.

That is what so called moderate Muslims are capable of doing
Stabbing their own wife 40 times,decapitating her and then justifying it
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by gudmind: 3:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hmmmmmm I sense danger!!! Muslims can't be trusted o . I hope dat pastor nd those christians knw wat they doing . Dis mulsems r vampires o . Becareful o.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by IYANGBALI: 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
seunblack: Christians are peaceful and loving people,I hope our muslim brothers can learn from this
they won't especially those malo from the north,their brand of islam is something else
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
victorazy:

Who told u "No religion preach evil"?
Any religion that does not have its faith based on Jesus Christ is not to be trusted, even 4 He came, Christians were involved in violence "Crusaders". Dats Y Peter was following Jesus with a sword.
This just shows how ignorant you are..How can there be Christians before Jesus was born..This just shows that u are a christian just because its the religion ur parents practice.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by Iykeponti(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
THEY'RE PEACEFUL because 90% OF THEY'RE RICH.....OIL MONEY IS FLOWING AROUND.... TOURISM BOOMING.... AND THE MAIN REASON Y THEY'RE SOMEHOW PEACEFUL IS DAT THEY'RE 98% MUSLIMS...... ASSUMING THERE RE CHRISTIANS OR OTHER RELIGIONS AMONG DEM.... CHAIII ,NA THERE U 4SEE TRUE SAUDI....
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by stankezzy: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
religion is a spiritual exercise,any religion that is not strong spiritually is a social club or gathering litenning to motivational speaker.both the christian sect nd the muslem sect are not strong spiritually.they are like yoruba muslems that will celebrate christmass nd still celebrate their own.they do not have bases.
light nd darkness cannt stay together.
it is like telling me one mosc in the north inviting reedem ,choosen ,dipeer life or winners to hold services in their mosc.
what will happen will be too deadly because two opposeing forces cannot co-habit.
go nd check what happened in kano when renherd bonkee the german evangelist visited.it was too deadly ,there was big riot,even the ones that siezed one of his belonging all died,the house they kept it is deserted,up till know.because any body that enters there dies.two opposing forces can never stay together,except if they are powerless in their various capacities,like one yoruba mosc that is staying in the same compound with cele(white germent church )in lagos.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by inosend: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
booqee: Then it is not a true house of God!. The temple of God should be kept holy and devoid of unbelievers, terrorists and bombers. :-/ undecided
remember in the bible when Jesus chased away those people using the temple of God as a market place.
So as far as i'm concerned that is not a church, but a place of deceit.
I agree with you all the way. It may also interest u that such complicity by king Solomon led to his downfall.
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by inosend: 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=pauladonis]why should christians be this foolish....
You should try to convert them, not to tolerate. I wont be surprised if sooner or later, those muslims chase the christians away from d church or community. and I am sure the christians will still be tolerant in d name of peace.quote]THAT was exactly what happened in Medina(known then as Yathrib, a Christian/Jewish community) immediately after hijra(holy flight of Mohamed)
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by aurenflani: 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Arysexy: Meanwhile d towel head are on jihad cause in Nigeria, decimating churches. As at last count 50 catholic churches out of 52 has been burnt down by the barbarians.

May God have mercy on u ppl.
cheesy grin tongue undecided
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by BetaThings: 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
nwando:

That is what so called moderate Muslims are capable of doing
Stabbing their own wife 40 times,decapitating her and then justifying it

Can you prove to me FROM ANY SOURCE THAT HONOUR KILLING IS AN ISLAMIC PRACTICE?

Below is what lawful Christians also do! We also know The predominantly-Christian SE of Nigeria i snot the most peaceful
Rev King murdered members of his church
You want to enlighten on the reason

You are never happy whenever anything positive is reported about Islam; you must comb the internet for stories that denigrate Islam
If "moderate" Muslims don't exist, how come you guys go around in peace in the South?
And why is it that moderate Christians (who are in the majority) are always so intolerant

On 21 August 2008, Wiens and El-Sherbini met at a public playground in Dresden's Johannstadt district, where Wiens's niece and El- Sherbini's son were playing. During a quarrel over whose child should be using the playground's swing, Wiens began shouting verbal abuse at El-Sherbini.[7] El-Sherbini who was wearing an Islamic headscarf, was called "Islamist", "terrorist" and (according to one report) "slut".[note 3] Other people present tried to intervene, but Wiens vehemently continued the verbal abuse for several minutes, directing epithets in Russian and German at the Russian-speaking bystanders who attempted to reason with him. El-Sherbini called the police on a bystander's mobile phone and within a few minutes four police officers arrived in two vehicles at the scene. El-Sherbini and Wiens were questioned; El-Sherbini was subsequently driven away in one of the police vehicles.[11]

Wiens was charged with criminal defamation and given a penalty order to pay a fine of €330.[note 4] After formally objecting and refusing to pay the fine, Wiens was tried at the district court of Dresden. He was found guilty by the court and fined €780 in November 2008.[7] However, during the trial Wiens claimed mitigating circumstances for the act of insulting El-Sherbini, suggesting that "people like her" were not really human beings and therefore incapable of being insulted.[10] The public prosecutor appealed the verdict, aiming at a custodial sentence,[7] due to the openly xenophobic character of the incident.[10][12] Wiens also appealed the verdict and was subsequently granted a court-appointed defence counsel. His counsel intended to withdraw the appeal before the scheduled hearing at the regional court, but Wiens objected to this.[7]

The question was rejected by the judge; Wiens responded with a further question to which the defence counsel motioned for recess.[7] El-Sherbini was not intending to wait until the end of the hearing and tried to leave. When she, her husband, and their three-year-old son were at the door, Wiens suddenly attacked El-Sherbini with a kitchen knife with 18 cm (7.1 in) long blade, which he apparently had taken into the courtroom in a backpack.[7] El-Sherbini received more than 15 stab wounds to the upper body and arm;[15] the attack was carried out in such a forceful and sudden manner that it resulted in a notable absence of defence wounds.[16] While trying to protect his wife, El-Sherbini's husband Okaz was stabbed at least 16 times to the head, neck, upper body and arm.[15] Wiens's defence counsel tried to help El-Sherbini by obstructing Wiens with chairs and a table. The victim's three-year-old son was injured while being ushered to safety.[7]
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by UjSizzle(f): 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
While you're all debating on the better religion, did anyone else notice the line about people coming out to watch them pray?
Re: Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community by trekkie: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2013
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / 8 Important Ways We Can Be Delivered Totally From Sins / Here’s How Much Judas’ 30 Pieces Of Silver Worth In Today’s Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.