Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST (17778 Views)

This Post Is Sure Gonna Make You Angry. That's Your Problem!! / Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community / Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by TanishaN: 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
I have received some comments for more details. I am working on it now and will post soonest.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by ukotmi: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
What is the point?Pointing fingers abi?
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by Chnges(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
Let the fight begin___ Girim! Girim!! Girim!!! Post according 2 who yhu believe(Prt.T.B.Joshua or Pst. Adeboye)
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by kizito96(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
Prophet TB Joshua has been helping the needy despite all the criticism he has gone through. How many penticostal Jerry Curl pastors have ever lent a helping hand to the poor. Churches should open vocational centers for their congregation to learn a trade, but they go about showing their wealth with private jets and schools while the poor that contributed the money cannot afford to send their children to such schools. Its unfortunate
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by sovpounds(m): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
This made the front page even when no one had made a comment. Why?
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by Wendy80(f): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
A Stupid Post
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by Acidosis(m): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
I'm a fan of Prophet T.B Joshua, but Pastor Adeboye is never in anyway indepted to those lasgidi hoodlums, the man of God is not the cause of their misfortune. Fo.olish people, where they not the same people who voted him in, or where they under an anointin to go and vote.
people would neva seize to shift cause o their low life and misfortune on wealthy men. its so sad that some even blame the banks, ceos, business moguls lyk dangote as a reason for their piatable life. The only sector indepted to all NIGERIANS is the GOVERNMENT, not pastors. abi your pastor use gun collect money frm u? ? ? ?
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by segunjowo(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
Just passing by. SMH. shocked
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by SisiKill1: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
TanishaN:

It was a day of protests and Nigerians were on the streets protesting the fuel subsidy removal. I knew I would face traffic but I needed to reach the church that particular day for prayer. So, I made my way from Ikeja towards Ikotun-Egbe to The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations to meet with their prayer warriors. As I reached a certain place, I saw young people carrying placards, stopping cars along the way and fights were breaking out with the drivers.

Four protesters reached my vehicle. “Who gave you this fuel to travel?” “Where are you going?” “I’m going to church”, I replied the young man. “Church! If you dare say you are going to Redeemed, we will break your head!” They tried to open the door of my car. “You are the one that installed Badluck!” The shout circulated around the area and my vehicle was flooded with dozens of protestors, blowing my car and pressing their placards on my glass. “We saw the photo! Adeboye appointed GEJ! You caused this badluck! Go and ask Adeboye why he cursed our country?” “We will break your car!” I remembered that I had also seen the photo of Jonathan kneeling down in front of Adeboye while the pastor prayed a blessing over him. And I had also seen Jonathan attend his church again sometime late last year. “Adeboye prayed for badluck” “Send back to sender!” “Nigeria no be Egypt! Jonathan no be Pharaoh! Make he listen to the people!”

“Please o, I’m on my way to Synagogue.” “I’m going for prayers at the Synagogue.” “Synagogue? You are going to Synagogue? TB Joshua? The man that’s feeding our country? Na true president be this o! Please o, make you pass!” their leader said. “Leave the road”. “We go leave road for you but we’ll monitor you so you don’t pass Redeemed side.” “Hey! Make you go ask T.B. Joshua to pray to remove this man! Or ask him to prophesy. We know if he says it, it will come to pass!” Then, the protestors cleared the way and allowed me to pass smoothly. As I was passing, the previous shouts of anger turned to shouts of “Emmanuel!”

Surprised with what had just happened, I drove quietly through the protestors without any further trouble. My mind was racing. The country is protesting fuel prices and the name of RCCG is mentioned as the cause of the problem? Why should this be? Why has a house of God been named in a political dispute? True president be this? Truly, as I passed the Murtala Muhammed Airport, I remember that TB Joshua’s people were there even then, as he had been sending food there every day of the strike to take care of passengers stranded because of the strike. And he just sent rice to the North, to the South, to the East, as I had watched on Emmanuel TV. In fact, the whole country has been fed through his work of service to God. How many people in this country escaped hunger today because of bags of Emmanuel TV rice? And any time there is a problem, he is there to bring solution. I remember the Ikeja Bomb blast when he opened the doors of the church and he and his workers fed, clothed and housed thousands of people for weeks until they were well and could make their way home again. When the community transformer blew at Christmas time, he purchased and installed 2 new transformers and paid for the light himself! And when it comes to politics, it is from his altar he will call us to pray, come to God in humility and sincerity and come to each other in love.

In summary, I have learned that it is always better to spend more on others and less on ourselves. Giving is the beginning of blessing and peace. Was I not protected because of this pastor’s acts of giving? Let us therefore reach out in compassion and generosity to our fellow man and do the good we can to change the bad we see. It is not through political association but through giving we can accomplish peace for our nation. Emmanuel! God is with us.

I hope they paid that copywriter well. .coz this has got to be one of the most brilliant promotional works ever written by a Nigerian for a Nigerian organization. . . Very impressive. Usually Nigerian adverts and commercials read like they were written by a 5yrs old.

The key to a good copywritten concept is visualization, when the images jump right at you as you read the words. The writer obviously knows his onions. . .I mean you can already see it all play out. . .the disenchanted agbero boys on the street, the middleclass guy in his car. . .most likely a Toyota Camry, you can feel the agbero boys' anger when they hear Adegboye's name, tension heightens and then, *gen gen *  the cornered victim mentions TB Joshua and all is well with the world.

I hope they don't screw it all up during casting sha, I'd advice them to go with people who have the acting chops rather the usual nepotistic casting.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by ukotmi: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
To tell u how short minded peeps are. The same Pastor Adeboye hosted Buhari and Bakare.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by ochukoccna: 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
And the essence of this post is, ?
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by ARareGem(f): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I hope they paid that copywriter well. .coz this has got to be one of the most brilliant promotional works ever written by a Nigerian for a Nigerian organization. . . Very impressive. Usually Nigerian adverts and commercials read like they were written by a 5yrs old.

The key to a good copywritten concept is visualization, when the images jump right at you as you read the words. The writer obviously knows his onions. . .I mean you can already see it all play out. . .the disenchanted agbero boys on the street, the middleclass guy in his car. . .most likely a Toyota Candy, you can feel the agbero boys' anger when they hear Adegboye's name, tension heightens and then, *gen gen *  the cornered victim mentions TB Joshua and all is well with the world.

I hope they don't screw it all up during casting sha, I'd advice them to go with people who have the acting chops rather the usual nepotistic casting.

Funny post.

But what's the point of this thread? OP, is your aim to get people to start debating over who is and is not a real man of God? Absolute nonsense.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by Natasha2(f): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nice post
TanishaN:

In summary, I have learned that it is always better to spend more on others and less on ourselves. Giving is the beginning of blessing and peace. Was I not protected because of this pastor’s acts of giving? Let us therefore reach out in compassion and generosity to our fellow man and do the good we can to change the bad we see.
So true
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by guttentag(m): 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2012
So Nairaland don dey post trash?,
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by alienkind: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
Is Archbishop Adeboye their brain?Besides the man is very generous.I have seen his
philantropic works on tv.Did he not give over 40million naira to one university, bought
cars for many church members and killed over a thousand cows for his members?
People just want everything to be free without working for it.
Did not Samuel anoint King Saul,who later turned his back against GOD?It is left for GEJ to
fulfill his part as a chosen King,no fault of Adeboye.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by ukotmi: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
And TB Joshua has been hosting several African presidents. Not a member of the two churches but listens to them. I like the two pastors.Adeboye for his humulity and Joshua for generousity and teachings on love. So the post is not necessary at all.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by stagger: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
alienkind:

Is Archbishop Adeboye their brain?Besides the man is very generous.I have seen his
philantropic works on tv.Did he not give over 40million naira to one university, bought
Did not Samuel anoint King Saul,who later turned his back against GOD?It is left for GEJ to

You should not even waste time to answer stupid goats in human skin like the OP.

Those shouting that Adeboye installed GEJ; did Adeboye go to thumbprint the millions of votes he got in several states?
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by hbrednic: 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
another trash on NL
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by DrummaBoy(m): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
This new found sympathy all around 4 Joshua is disturbing
Not their fault; Our Pastors have given ever1 reasons 2 talk
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by kramer: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

The key to a good copywritten concept is visualization, when the images jump right at you as you read the words. The writer obviously knows his onions. . .I mean you can already see it all play out. . .the disenchanted agbero boys on the street, the middleclass guy in his car. . .most likely a Toyota Candy, you can feel the agbero boys' anger when they hear Adegboye's name, tension heightens and then, *gen gen *  the cornered victim mentions TB Joshua and all is well with the world.

GBAM Exactly what i was thinking, It's quite obvious this story has been concocted, EPIC FAIL
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by skullbaba: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2012
well, i believe most church are business center. they have lost the message of the bible
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by PHIPEX(m): 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
alienkind:

How come the Isrealites did not accuse Samuel of treachery? This almajiri mentality will finish this country, give them free food and they will hail you as a messiah
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by francis247(m): 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
@poster wetin you dey talk sef? why you wan spoil "Man of God" business nau? no b only Jonothon Daddy GO pray for nau. wat of Buhari and the rest wey collect pastor anointing yet still fail? but wait o! how com dem just dey mute about this subsidy Brouhaha sef? how long dem wan kip up wit the 'no matter how hard things are, you'll never trek' syndrome, yet, na as "kongrigashun" trek com dem trek go bak. anyways sha business na business; anyhow, anointing must flow.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by francis247(m): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2012
@poster wetin you dey talk sef? why you wan spoil "Man of God" business nau? no b only Jonothon Daddy GO pray for nau. wat of Buhari and the rest wey collect pastor anointing yet still fail? but wait o! how com dem just dey mute about this subsidy Brouhaha sef? how long dem wan kip up wit the 'no matter how hard things are, you'll never trek' syndrome, yet, na as "kongrigashun" trek com dem trek go wik after wik. anyways sha business na business; anyhow, anointing must flow.
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by kramer: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
sovpounds:

This made the front page even when no one had made a comment. Why?

Because someone just got paid wink
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by PHIPEX(m): 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
For the Poster and any other person that cares

Satan called a worldwide convention of demons.

In his opening address he said,
“We can’t keep Christians from going to church. We can’t keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can’t even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their Savior.
“Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken.
“So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered dish dinners, BUT steal their time, so they don’t have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.”
The devil continued, “This is what I want you to do:
“Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!”
“How shall we do this?” his demons shouted.
“Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds,” he answered.
“Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow.”
“Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles.”
“Keep them from spending time with their children. As their families fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work!”
“Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice.”
“Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive; to keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-biblical music constantly.”
“This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ.”
“Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers.”
“Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day.”
“Invade their driving moments with billboards.”
“Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services and false hopes.”
“Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what’s important, and they’ll become dissatisfied with their wives.”
“Keep the wives too tired to love their husbands at night. Give them headaches, too! If they don’t give their husbands the love they need, they will begin to look elsewhere.”
“That will fragment their families quickly!”
“Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Christmas.”
“Give them an Easter bunny so they won’t talk about his resurrection and power over sin and death.”
“Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted.”
“Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God’s creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead.”
“Keep them busy, busy, busy!”
“And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences.”
“Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Jesus.”
“Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause.”
“It will work! It will work!”
It was quite a plan!
The demons went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busier and more rushed, going here and there. Having little time for their God or their families. Having no time to tell others about the power of Jesus to change lives.
I guess the question is, has the devil been successful in his schemes?
You be the judge!!!!!
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by Pinoralia: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
True talk
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by tlops(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
True Talk^^
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by Skii(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2012
Wow, shocked shocked shocked

Men!! These were the schemes the bible warned us to be careful about

So very true

(post has induced a serious state of reflection embarassed embarassed)

1 Like

Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by jiz: 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
Why all of u are given up on GEJ ? A nation deserved kind of leaders they get!
Don't u know if u curse him u curse ur urself and d nation indirectly. Wen king david sinned (by killing uriah indirectly and taken his wife) and God choose to punish him 4 dat, do u know dat none of house of david and even david himself died during d purnishment but d isrealite! Are dey d one sin against GOD? God is unquestionable.
Be spiritual sensitive about dis GEJ. I know he will still suceed and dose of u dat are saying Pastor Adeboye pray 4 badluck we be surprise by God.
Our God is mostly interested how a man finish not how he started. A man dat complain, critized, abuse can never become great!
Pray 4 GEJ daily!
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by sholatech(m): 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2012
Please let them not draw Men of God into this, Many of us remember clearly that T.B Joshua publicly prayed for Atta Mills and the Ghana President also listened to IMF and removed the fuel subsidy in Ghana. Does that make TB a bad pastor? TB said he saw Nigeria not qualifying for Nations Cup and even though many soccer-loving Nigerians though angry about this, will not crucify him for not praying that Nigeria should qualify for Nations Cup. Please, none of these makes any of them 'fake pastors'. Please!
Re: CHECK THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THIS POST by Jeel: 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Any one campaigning 4 Tuberclosis Joshua is simply ignorant of the END TIME MANIFESTATIONS,

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.