Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators (3711 Views)

Only For Real Investors Who Understands The Investment Language / A Message To The Moderators Of Business And Investment Section Of This Forum / Investment Section Rules And Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
Fellow Investors,

We need passionate investors or investment professionals to serve as moderators of this section. Someone who really cares about investor issues (stocks, bonds, tbills, REIT) and also cares about keeping this section clean and getting investment topics to the home page regularly. People who can create topics and also facilitate other people's topics. People who will go the extra mile to try to make this section popular and useful to every Nairaland member.

If you think you are a good candidate for this role, please indicate your interest on this thread.

Thanks!!
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
Just passing with my bajaj and helmet cool

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Afam4eva(m): 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
How about contacting those that have contributed a great deal to this relatively new section to become moderators.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Caracta(f): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
Wow wow wow
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
i am interested
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by maclatunji: 1:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
I nominate Jarus. He seems to like money enough... #Joking

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by olushowunm(m): 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
ITS OKAY IF YOU WILL MAKE ME A MODERATOR IN THIS SECTION!
I'M AN ENTREPRENEUR, FARMER AND AN INVESTOR AND I HAVE SOME GREAT PLANS FOR THIS FORUM... I WILL BE GLAD TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE AND TIME TO MODERATE THIS FORUM... THANKS.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Seun(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
olushowunm: ITS OKAY IF YOU WILL MAKE ME A MODERATOR IN THIS SECTION!
I'M AN ENTREPRENEUR, FARMER AND AN INVESTOR AND I HAVE SOME GREAT PLANS FOR THIS FORUM... I WILL BE GLAD TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE AND TIME TO MODERATE THIS FORUM... THANKS.
I appreciate that, but typing in all caps is against forum etiquette...

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by jaybee3(m): 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
Naijababe

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by olushowunm(m): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ok, but thats my style... check all my posts...
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Orpelin: 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Pls Mr Seun, U may need to consider having even more than two mods in this section and their personalities should cut across different biz interest
Thanks.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Seun(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
We're yet to get a single volunteer.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Jarus(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
maclatunji: I nominate Jarus. He seems to like money enough... #Joking

O serious cheesy

We need money for the dawah nah cool
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
I wouldn't mind, but I'm so routing for start-up businesses against established and Blue chips that are more emphasised here. Nigeria's economy needs more SME's to help solve the employment problem. Not everyone can be like Dangote.
So I'll like to volunteer.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by ngnetbiz: 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
I am in.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manny4life(m): 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
Let me bury my anger for a second and give you my real opinion,

First, you need to change the term "investment" to something more subtle, like "entrepreneurship" or "Business", or something. That word "investment" is intimidating to some and should I say it's is very complex because it deals with a broad range of products and service. Since NL cannot define the range it's looking to attribute, then..... GO FIGURE

Second, identify what niche. You just said "Someone who really cares about investment" , you know this is ambiguous, define what niche you'd like to focus on. This is exactly same thing that kills businesses, when they have broad range without defining what the focus is. Is the focus on Business, Financial Planning, Retirement, Treasury Ops, etc Like someone suggested, SMEs should be the driving force, having a session on collaboration, researching, financial roundtable, help drafting financials etc. Then again, this is just my own, nothing else.

Finally, you as the owner, since you're committed to this section, if you quit your itchy fingerness and show some commitment..

4 Likes

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by coronaprof(m): 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Seun: Fellow Investors,

We need passionate investors or investment professionals to serve as moderators of this section. Someone who really cares about investment and also cares about keeping this section clean and getting investment topics to the home page regularly. People who can create topics and also facilitate other people's topics. People who will go the extra mile to try to make this section popular and useful to every Nairaland member.

If you think you are a good candidate for this role, please indicate your interest on this thread.

Thanks!!
I SANU OLU HEREBY NOMINATE MYSELF BY THE POWERS CONFERRED ON ME BY MOTHER NATURE.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manie(m): 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
Seun: Fellow Investors,

We need passionate investors or investment professionals to serve as moderators of this section. Someone who really cares about investment and also cares about keeping this section clean and getting investment topics to the home page regularly. People who can create topics and also facilitate other people's topics. People who will go the extra mile to try to make this section popular and useful to every Nairaland member.

Thanks!!
]

Stock-bull is a good candidate for the job.

4 Likes

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manie(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
Brand_new: I wouldn't mind, but I'm so routing for start-up businesses against established and Blue chips that are more emphasised here. Nigeria's economy needs more SME's to help solve the employment problem. Not everyone can be like Dangote.
So I'll like to volunteer.

I think that is taken cars of in the Business section.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
manie:

I think that is taken cars of in the Business section.
I don't get you.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manie(m): 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Brand_new:
I don't get you.

If I am not mistaken, this section is tilted towards capital market than small and medium scale businesses or entrepreneurship.

The business section is the preferred section for ideas and opportunities in trading, entrepreneurship and small businesses.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manny4life(m): 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
manie:

If I am not mistaken, this section is tilted towards capital market than small and medium scale businesses or entrepreneurship.

The business section is the preferred section for ideas and opportunities in trading, entrepreneurship and small businesses.

Capital markets on NL? And capital markets doesn't cut across SME's right?

Now I understand why Seun needs a moderator "who cares about investment"...

Good luck to you guys.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
manie:

So you mean SME's don't need investors.
Why do you think show's like dragon's den(uk) is a big hit.
Besides, the Nigerian economic system doesn't provide easy access to funds for would be entrepreneurs unlike other countries where you can easily max out up to 4 credit cards.

Are you saying investing is only for the capital market? Maybe you have been misinformed by the trend in this section or I just don't get your drift.

*Edit*
In countries like the US, the even have community investment groups where start-up submit proposals and appoint advisory board members from. We just haven't developed a good investment culture here and so most people think investing is only about stock markets and bonds where your money doesn't have much impact except you are bringing in bullions of cash.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by olushowunm(m): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
@Seun... In order to satisfy all interests, i think it will be better to divide investments forum into four, namely;
SME/Start-ups
Equity,Derivatives and spots(Forex)
Fixed-income Assets
Real Estate Investment

With this we will be able to balance all interests and create a platform where we can understand the scope of the forum!

3 Likes

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Frosti(m): 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
What exactly is required of the mod of this section?

Am interested, by the way.

2 Likes

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
Okay, I'm interested.

If it meets any consideration.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manny4life(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Deleted.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by dagr8(m): 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
I nominate Feelamong or tanimola, if they will be interested and if they are not too busy

Jarus not a bad idea too....

2 Likes

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by bambuzz88: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
real estate , forex/indices/commodities/oil , equity (foreign/local), and mutual funds,......it should all be subdivided because i dont feel only one sane person can be a guru in all this financial instrument at the same time except a psyche fund manager,and let us not forget it can magnet potential scammers so care need be done with the scrutiny
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by valdubem(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2013
I am interested in moderating this section.

Mr seun, give me the chance, and you will be happy you did.

3 Likes

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by ichommy(m): 11:53am On Mar 20, 2013
Am intrested

(1) (2) (3)

Is It Possible To Survive On Only Profits From Forex And Crypto Trading? / Binary Account Management Service. Let Your Money Grow Daily. Matured Minds Only / Why Piuni Telecom Biz Is A Life Investment Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.