Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students (18864 Views)

Who Recommended This Textbook To Students - PHOTO / Okonjo-iweala: ASUU Distributes Insulting Pamphlets About Me In Mosques / Ekiti Distributes Free Laptops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by mapet: 11:55am On Mar 21, 2013
1. It is either ignorance on your part or selective prejudice to equate an isolated picture as the basis of your arguement that e-tablet initiative was not thoroughly thought through
2. The extract below show that the e-tablet is part of a holistic education strategy to address the deficit in the education system. First off, the current approach of the State of Osun is borne out of the recommendation of the committees of the summit. These are ideas collectively arrived at by the stakeholders

During this period, the state of Osun was not an exception; the quality of infrastructure in public schools nosedived, including the state-owned tertiary institution. Most of the schools were turned into kangaroo certificate- awarding centres. Osun, which used to be a pride among its peers in education, became one of the least performing states, as only 3 percent of its candidates in the 2010 West African Examination Council (WAEC) secondary school certificate exams had five credits, including English Language and Mathematics.

However, immediately the government of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola was inaugurated in November 2010, his first assignment was to convey an education summit, the first ever in the state, to look into ways of revolutionising the sector. It was chaired by the renowned Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka with other stakeholders in the sector, with a view to making education a major contributor to the development of individuals and the society as a whole.

Determined to implement the recommendation of the summit, the governor is committing N30 billion to building 170 new model schools across the state to replace the dilapidated buildings with modern facilities.

Okija_juju:

From the picture posted by Evanscjmac, its obvious that Osun has just put the cart before the horse. If you notice, the one question we have been asking is if Tablets are the immediate need of Osun public schools. The cost implication of such a project can also not be ignored especially as there are other more important fundamental & cost-effective projects that need to be done in these schools that have not been done. These Tablets are good, infact I am sure some students have not let theirs out of their sight since they received it. However, this is a case of doing the right thing at the wrong time.

Looking at it from the perspective of a student, this is the best thing the government has ever done for them in their lives. Atleast now they get to own a sophisticated gadget. I am very happy for them.
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by emiye(m): 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]You see, I just brushed through the previous posts on this threads and it seems the one great misconception here is that Tablets for Secondary school pupils are bad, and its not what myself and many others are trying to say..

I have been searching for the pictures of Public schools in Imo State that I took a while back as part of a research for a job that a colleague was trying to do in Imo State. What we saw there was an eyesore. Infact in the report we drafted and handed back, some of the schools were tagged #writeoffs. Moving on from Imo State to Cross River State. Any Corp member here that served in Cross River would be familiar with Obubra orientation Camp. There is a school in front of the camp as well, not even cows can be kept in side there a barn. The public schools (especially those in the rural areas) are in dire need of a total overhaul.

Lets take Rivers State which is currently holding the flame in Public school rehabilitation. I visited one of the schools that was rebuilt. It had everything from Proper boards to deaks, fully stocked & air conditioned libraries, playground, basketball court, well laid out tracks, swings, laboratory and a mini farm for agric projects. Then their computer labs would make many cybercafes look like rubbish as they all had their own Vsat systems. Then to add to it, the government also gave out free school uniforms and books to the pupils of these schools. Even I a grown ass man was stunned. The only problems he is currently facing is the verification of teachers which has been black-balled by the Teachers Union.

From the picture posted by Evanscjmac, its obvious that Osun has just put the cart before the horse. If you notice, the one question we have been asking is if Tablets are the immediate need of Osun public schools. The cost implication of such a project can also not be ignored especially as there are other more important fundamental & cost-effective projects that need to be done in these schools that have not been done. These Tablets are good, infact I am sure some students have not let theirs out of their sight since they received it. However, this is a case of doing the right thing at the wrong time.

Looking at it from the perspective of a student, this is the best thing the government has ever done for them in their lives. Atleast now they get to own a sophisticated gadget. I am very happy for them. [/b]

Your cart before the horse analogy does not seem to hold water, you have failed to prove that renovating the classrooms must be completed, before the OSSG can start handing out the tablets to the students.I opined that the two can be done simultaneously, since they are independent of each other.

The tablets is an educational aid useful for the "kids" anywhere they find themselves e.g at home, outside the state, out of the country, in the jungle, in the shrine, in a no network area, in the toilet and bathroom grin ... Now i will implore you to use this different lens to look at the initiative.

It is actually a street smart initiative, why will the government wait till they renovate all the schools, that may take over 4 years(Remember Osun state earns less than 25% of Rivers state) and renovation and school upgrade might take a longer time. The State Government has commited 30 billion naira to build 170 model schools to cater for all rungs on the secondary school class ladder, i am aware work is in progress.

1 Like

Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 22, 2013
rman: I have seen and held this device and I can boldly say it is the best thing to happen to secondary school education since democracy started.

The key points and features :

It contains waec And jamb questions past ten years.

It contains 17 secondary school subjects and practice questions after each chapter.

Dictionary, bible and quran installed.

Two games loaded ( scramble nd chess)

It shows assigned students name when powered.

You don't need Internet to use it

Videos for practicals will be loaded on it very soon.

These are just a few.

Mind you. Every students gets one in senior secondary school.

Learnt Oyo and Ekiti will soon follow suit.

I give Aregbe kudos for this.

OMG
This is perhaps the single most intelligent thing a leader has ever done in Nigeria
I am in awe
I pray thieves won't dispossess kids of the tablets
They should advertise this on TV So the hoodlums know this is purely educational
I'm hoping Ndi agbero watch TV
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 22, 2013
emiye:

Your cart before the horse analogy does not seem to hold water, you have failed to prove that renovating the classrooms must be completed, before the OSSG can start handing out the tablets to the students.I opined that the two can be done simultaneously, since they are independent of each other.

The tablets is an educational aid useful for the "kids" anywhere they find themselves e.g at home, outside the state, out of the country, in the jungle, in the shrine, in a no network area, in the toilet and bathroom grin ... Now i will implore you to use this different lens to look at the initiative.

It is actually a street smart initiative, why will the government wait till they renovate all the schools, that may take over 4 years(Remember Osun state earns less than 25% of Rivers state) and renovation and school upgrade might take a longer time. The State Government has commited 30 billion naira to build 170 model schools to cater for all rungs on the secondary school class ladder, i am aware work is in progress.

Thank you
Even if the kids should sit on the floor to learn while the classrooms are being renovated,so be it
The tablets here are indispensable
Re: Osun Distributes Free Tablet-Computers To Students by awule: 11:42am On Nov 22, 2017
Student E-Learning Application & Tablet @ N30,000
Quality e-Learning Experience
on the Go!

Nigeria company develops an e-learning App that enables Students pass their JSCE, SSCE, JAMB exams with flying colours

AN INNOVATIVE E-LEARNING TABLET SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREPARATION FOR JAMB,JSCE,BECE WAEC AND NECO ETC & MORE

Contains the following

· Over 2,000 video tutorials in the app teaching Mathematics, Use of English, Physics, Chemistry, Commerce, Biology, Government, Financial Accounting, Economics, Geography and Literature in English.
· Over 100,000 practice problems from JAMB, WAEC, GCE and Aptitude Tests
· No internet required
· Educational games in the app to keep you engaged at all times.
· A personalized learning dashboard
· A personalized learning engine to help you track what you have learned and recommend what you can do next.
· Progress reports via SMS
· Automated exercises and remote examinations with continuous assessments.
· Self-paced, provides consistent content, fast and works anywhere and anytime.
· A chat like WhatsApp to help you share knowledge.
· Special private tutorials for you
The Secondary School E-learning Tablet + App comes in 2 variants: SSCE, JSCE,

FEATURES OF THE SSCE E-LEARNING TABLET +APP.

Over 99,000 revision past questions and answers covering WAEC, NECO, SSCE &JAMB exams for the past 25 years
Over 2,000 key video tutorials on WAEC curriculum approved subjects
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

Features of the JSCE E-Learning Tablet + App

Revision past questions and answers covering Junior Secondary Exams
Video class tutorials on the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science, Introductory Technology, Civic Education, Agricultural Science, Computer science & Social Studies
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

RE SELLERS WANTED NATIONWIDE.

How to Make 500K Monthly Profit as a Reseller of the E-learning Tablet + App.
The market potential for the Student E-learning Tablet + App. is enormous! Every secondary school student in Nigeria needs this Tab + App. As a reseller, you can sell to students, parents, Secondary schools, cyber cafes, Tutorial centres ,education support NGOs , Government agencies etc This is a moneymaking opportunity you can?t afford to miss!
.TO BECOME A RESELLER CALL/ WHATSAPP: 08036911296, 08033264815,
LAGOS OFFICE
Bethelmndels Int?l Ltd
27, Atunikeolabanji street, off John Olugbo street, Through unity Road, Ikeja Lagos, 08180065490
http://mendelsedutablets.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Ways Candidates Cheat During Exams / English Word With Three Different Consecutive Repeated Letters? / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.