Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Seed Of Horror - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seed Of Horror (1593 Views)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / The Seed Of Honesty(a Must Read) / 13 Masters Of Horror: Can You Name Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
"You,yes,you,come here!" That was a senior student,calling on a junior who was attempting to run back having come late to school. The junior student did not appear to have heard his senior,who had then move closer to the boy. "Kneel down there", he shouted,at the same time slapping the boy. He dragged the boy to where fifteen others were kneeling down. "All of you,hands up and close your eyes! You will learn a lesson after today not to come late to school again. Stupid set of people.
The senior was the punctuality prefect of the only secondary school in Ayele village,was annoyed with the junior student who,despite the strictness of the teachers and the school prefects,had been coming late to school. He was much more annoyed today,being a Monday,and he could not understand why some student had to be late. He wondered why some parent were not like his! You dare not wake up after 5:30am in our own house,he thought; then you had better not wake up at all and pretend you were ill,else,you would never forget that day in your life. That was the degree with which Wale's parent handled their children. As he was thinking, Wale saw another female student,hiding,almost buried into the wall. The student appeared to be sleeping,because she did not know when Wale move to her.
Hey,you, what are you doing here? Wale shouted at the student who jumped up and started shaking. Wale looked at the girl. Her uniform was almost as dirty as a mechanic work cloth. He wondered why some parent allowed their children to wear such old,worn-out and dirty clothes to school.
What is your name? Wale asked
B-B-B" the girl stammered
Wale held the girl by the almost torn collar of her blouse. The girl,realising the danger she was in started crying,for she knew that it was only the divine intervention of God that could save her from this prefect who, as a result of his no-nonsense manner,was nicknamed Fadeyi Oloro after a notorious actor in Yoruba drama. It was one of the city dwelling student that nickmamed Wale, Fadeyi Oloro. Though had never beeen to the city,and so did not know who Fadeyi was,the inclusion of Oloro,meaning the brutal one,was enough to let him know that the man who he was nicknamed after was not, to say the least gentleman. So anybody caught calling Wale, Fadeyi was in real trouble.
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
"Bim-bboo Ajayi",the girl finally answered
"What are you doing here? Dont you know that you are late? Why is your dress so dirty? Why are you not answering my questions? Why?" Wale asked so many question at the same time, Bimbo did not know which of the question to answer first hence she kept on sobbing as she strove to meet up with the pace of Wale who was dragging her to her to where the other student are supposed to be kneeling down. Akin became more furious when he discovered that there was no student kneeling down there,no sooner had he gone to apprehend Bimbo than the student fled thanking their stars from saving them from Fadeyi Oloro. Although it was not unknown to them that any student caught shall bear the punishment of all the run-aways.
"You see, I am asking you,do you know what you have done? Today,you will know that this school is not for a lazy student like you. By the way what class are you? Wale asked
Class 3B, Bimbo answered surprisingly bolder,having stopped weeping.
"Go and wait for me in my class", Wale barked an order. "And as soon as you enter,just face the board,kneel down,raise your hands up.okay?" he said and moved towards the assembly ground,where other prefects were conducting the morning mass for the students.
"This girl will smell pepper today,Wale vowed.
Olawale Ojo,simply called Wale was a form five student of the only school in his village. His parent who had married about twenty-five years ago,can only point to Wale as the only child. Not that it was only Wale they give birth to,but all their other four children had died at a very young age. Wale was suppposed to be their third child,had others not died. His parent were farmers. Because their farm was located far away from the village,they woke up very early in the morning and at times,the second crow met them on their way to the farm.
That Wale was their only surviving child did not give him the excuse to misbehave. Wale aws aware of this and he was used to it.
Re: Seed Of Horror by repogirl(f): 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
What next? ....following
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 11:54am On Mar 21, 2013
Though he did not go to the farm on weekdays,he however woke up at the same time with his parents. While they went to farm,he remained at home doing domestic chores until it was time for school. That was the routine from his primary school days.Immediately he returned from school,he took his hawking tray,arrange some farm produce on it and off he went to hawking. He dare not alter that routine. Wale was a handsome,fair-skinned boy. He neither smoke nor drank like his age mates. He did not even interact with girls in the school. This attitude has earn him a lot of mockery from his mate,but that was not enough for Wale to change his way of life.
As he walked leisurely to the assembly ground,he was thinking of how to lead his life,after secondary school. He knew that there would be no more schooling after school certificate,but that did not bother him. Wale was infact,full of praises for his parents,who despite their condition still struggled to send him to school. However there was a certain thought that was not clear enough for him to comprehend. He was still trying to track down his vague thought when he was interrupted by the principal.
Ojo,how are you?" the principal asked
"Good morning sir" Wale replied and moved towards the principal.
"Get some student to scrub the floor of my office"the principal instructed
"Alright sir,i will do so", Wale replied and remember the run-away late comers and he became more angry with Bimbo. Instead of going to the assembly ground,he ran back to his class.
Bimbo was still closing her eyes. Despite the fact that there was nobody in the class,Bimbo did as she was told by Wale. She was not even aware of Wale's entrance. Wale was full of pity for the girl.This time,he looked at her with interest and discovered that Bimbo,despite her tattered clothes was a beautiful girl. She had very light skin with dark curly hair. She looked more mature than her age.
"open your eyes and come here" Wale commanded, As soon as Bimbo moved closer,he told her to get some other late comers who are girls to meet him in the principal's office
"Sorry senior,please dont take us to the principal" Bimbo pleaded,thinking that Wale was going to report them to the principal.
"Will you get up and do as you are told!? Wale shouted in annoyance and almost collided with his mate,who by then had started to enter the class.
Wale saw the look of mockery on the faces of his classmate. He knew they would have read various meaning to his interaction with Bimbo. He noted their jeers as he walked out of the class and moved towards the principal's office.
Re: Seed Of Horror by repogirl(f): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
okay, i like... smiley, please update as soon as you can.
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
"Senior Wale,we are ready" Bimbo said
"Wait, i am coming" Wale said and walked into the principal's office
"Yes,Ojo any problem?" The principal who had forgotten what he told Wale to do,asked
"Sir, we are ready to scrub the floor of your office but there are some people waiting to see you sir" Wale said
"Okay,okay,okay, you may forget about the floor meanwhile, the principal said
As soon as Wale got out of the principal's office, he similarly dismissed other student except Bimbo. He told her to see him at breaktime and left for his class. For the rest of the morning, Wale was uncordinated. He kept pondering: What am i going to tell this girl,this afternoon?
Wale was in this state of mind through out the morning periods. He was jarred out of his reverie when the bell for break rang! To heighten his tension, he spotted Bimbo standing by the window. Has this girl been there all along or how else could she have come so soon? wale wondered. Some members of the class exchanged mocking glances as they all went out,one after the other to observe their break.
Wale summoned enough courage and beckoned to Bimbo to enter. Except for a student at the extreme end of the class, Bimbo would have been the only person in class with Wale. Bimbo,hands by her side,stood rigid in front of Wale,who whispered to her that he was busy and that she should wait for him after the school hours. Bimbo nodded in acceptance and walked out of the class. As soon as Bimbo left, Wale glanced at the boy in the class, to know if he had been listening to them. He discovered that he was fast asleep.Quickly, Wale took a piece of paper,scribbled something on it,read it and destroyed it. He repeated the exercise almost five times before he finally smiled at his last attempt and put the paper in his breast pocket.
The day ran out so fast that Wale could not not believe it. At the assembly ground,he saw Bimbo at the end of the line for class 3B. He tried as much as he could to avoid looking at her, but the more he tried, the more he realised he was looking at Bimbo,who seemed not to notice.
Finally, the senior prefect dismissed the student after the grace had been recited. Wale saw Bimbo waiting and walked up to her. He brought out the piece of paper in his pocket and handed it over to Bimbo like a robot without uttering a word.
Bimbo collected the note. She waited for Wale to talk,but he did not. She saw Wale walking away and thought she was to follow and started trailing behind him. He was surprised to see Bimbo following him. He waited until Bimbo caught up with him and told her that his message was inside the note giving to her and that she could go home. Bimbo turned to go home. On her way, she decided to know what message was in the note. She went into an empty class with shaking hands,she opened the note an read:
BIMBO,
I LOVE YOU. I WANT YOU TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND
THANK YOU.
YOURS IN LOVE
WALE OJO.
Re: Seed Of Horror by Kwinhapi(f): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
wow,following
Re: Seed Of Horror by repogirl(f): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Did not see that one coming
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Bimbo read the note again and she was confused, she did not know what to say or how to react to the message. She was new in this kind of game,really green. She had no idea what her role should be so she tried to avoid Wale as much as she could but Wale was a hardnut to crack. He sought Bimbo out,also as much as he could and succeeded to be with her as often as they could.
Bimbo began to loosen up and even enjoyed being with Wale and the secret relationship grew deeper. Then the incident that was to change their life happened. It was on a Friday afternoon after school hours in Wale's parents home. Wale had asked Bimbo to meet him at home and Bimbo had agreed only after she had been assured that Wale's parent were not around. By the time Bimbo arrived at Wale's home,she was wet from the drizzle of the rain. Bimbo therefore had no strong reason to refuse Wale's suggestion for her to remove her wet clothes as she was already shivering. Bimbo did as Wale had suggested and when Wale suddenly took her into his arms,she could only wriggle briefly in resistance but Wale was insistent and persuasive. It did not take long before Bimbo gave in to the desire that Wale's handling had aroused in her. One thing lead to another and they ended up fucking each other.
A few minutes later,it was over. Bimbo saw the white bedspread and screamed terrified. The blood had come as a result of his disvirginity of Bimbo. Wale comforted Bimbo,he quickly removed the blood stained bedsheet and led her out of his room and the house. Not too long after that initial encounter,Bimbo told Wale that she was yet to see her period,even though its time was over due. Wale told his more experienced friends who reason with him on what they tought could have happened. He was told of what they thought should be done.
Secretly,they arranged to get some drugs from the city to be used in terminating the pregnancy,the drugs were bought but Bimbo refused to take them.
Wale pleaded with Bimbo to reason with her,but all his pleas fell on deaf ears. Wale threatened to disown the pregnancy. He was mindful that his decision was inhuman. He also realised that Bimbo loved him and he loved her just as much,yet in his view,the only way out was to stay off Bimbo. The most painful thing was that,Bimbo would have to suffer the more if she refused to terminate the pregnancy. One thing was certain,she would be expelled from school
As for Wale, he had already written his final paper before the incident occurred, But Bimbo was only in form three. Bimbo appeared to be the most affected. Though she was already eighteen years and fully grown,she was still a village girl and could not have the courage to be on her own if she was thrown out. Wale had no problem as such,he was twenty-two and awaiting the school certificate result which he was so sure would be favourable. It was because of Bimbo that Wale was bent on terminating the pregnancy. Not that Bimbo was willing to become a mother so early in life either,but she was afraid;afraid that she might not be able to bear children again or worse still die! That was why she decided to bear her cross no matter the suffering she might encounter. As for Wale,he had made up his mind. It was either she aborted the pregnancy or they put an end to the whole immoral affair and the pregnancy.
Re: Seed Of Horror by repogirl(f): 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
Uh-oh, thought Wale was a good guy, this is bad bad. In your own words 'moooooooore'
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
"Baba bimbo, haven't you noticed some changes in Bimbo's behaviour these days?" said Bimbo's mother. She was discussing her obsrevations about Bimbo with her husband.
"Changes? What changes? I have not noticed anything o"
"Haa, Baba Bimbo! Why are you behaving like a kid? Would you tell me that you haven't noticed that Bimbo's skin is beginning to turn white,and that,she now spit un-usually?
'Huh,and what is that supposed to mean?' Bimbo's father asked and turn his back to his wife
"I am beginning to suspect that Bimbo is pregnant" Bimbo's mother said.
Bimbo's Father raised himself on his elbow. Preg-what? Look, if that should happen,then i am going to deal with both of you. What are you saying? Bimbo pregnant? No,no,no call her for me immediately!"
"Please let the day break,besides,its too late. Mama pleaded.
"You see what i mean? You are the one indulging the girl. Call her for me jhoor.
Mama Bimbo left the room and came back with Bimbo. As they came in, Baba Bimbo shouted "Gbo,what is the problem with you?
N-n-n nothing sir, Bimbo, who had sensed the problem in which she was,,quibbled. As far as Bimbo was concerned, the cat was already out of the bag,but she still pretended as if nothing happened.
"Dont you hear me?" the father shouted again. What is the problem with you? And if i should ask you again,you will regret the day you were born.
Neither Bimbo nor her mother said a word. But had Bimbo started sobbing.
Cant you talk,enh? Cant you talk? Look, I am warning you o,dont let the spirit of my ancestors descend on me,else you will never understand what hit you after i might have dealt with you.
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
Still,Bimbo did not speak.
In a flash,her father sprang from the bed and slapped her. Bimbo fell down but she surprisingly did not do more than sob. As, expected of a woman,Bimbo's mother had joined her daughter in sobbing. That angered Bimbo's father the more,and for the first time in their marital life slapped his wife.
"You slapped me? Bimbo's mother screamed as she tried to get up from where she had fallen when her husband hit her.
"You and your bastard daughter this house as soon as the day breaks,okay? the father said. Are you now accusing me of being unfaithful,eh? Her hysterics did not move her husband an inch. He was about to go out when he discovered that Bimbo was no longer in the room. Without saying a word,he went out and headed towards Bimbo's room. Bimbo was neither in her room either. The father became worried but did not want to show it. He was about going out back into the sitting room when his wife who had also discovered that Bimbo was not in the living room met him at the entrance.
She rushed past her husband and entered Bimbo's room. Discovering that Bimbo was not there,she ran about,searching everywhere in the compound,but to no avail.
Where is Bimbo? she asked,concluding that Bimbo had run away. Be coming more worried,Bimbo's father did not say anything and he pretended not to bother about the missing girl.
Where is Bimbo? the woman asked again,at the same time rushing at her husband and clutching the loin cloth tied around his waist. Where my daughter o,she cried dragging her husband up from the sitting position.
Will you stop that nonsense? Bimbo's father shouted in defence. She can go to hell,if she wishes" he wrested the loin cloth off the grip of his wife.
I know you wouldn't care, i know,i know. Men,men,who knows,i might be deceiving myself that Bimbo is our only daughter,maybe you even have some children by some other women outside,oh,yes,who knows,yeh....yeh.....i am finished o.
Bimbo;s father had gone inside and changed into his farm clothes. With a gun and a cutlass,he went out into the dark night in search of Bimbo. Hus wife ran after him and they both search every nook and cranny of the village. They did not say a word to each other all through their search. They were both engrossed in their thought. They search the village and went as far as the neighbouring village,but Bimbo could not be found. The day had almost broken by the time they got back home.
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Back home, Bimbo's father pacified his wife and they both apologised for their unguarded utterances and actions. They went inside and got prepared for the search,in a more extensive manner,having agreed that nobody should be told about the matter until they both thought it fit. Meanwhile, while the parents were going eastward,Bimbo was facing west to an unknown destination. On that dark,lonely and cold night, Bimbo started her journey into an unknown destination. She was no longer afraid of anything, she even prayed for wild animal to emerge from the bush and devour her,that would at least save her from the wrath of her parents.
She was determine to face whatever difficulty might come her way. She vowed that if she did not die,she would fend for herself,the baby in her womb and would never return to her parent for help. She also resolved that if she succeeded in life,she would in future,return to her parent to beg for forgiveness. She failed to realise that the future might be too late to beg for forgivness from anybody. In her childish mind,she couldn't expect that her action could cause the death of her parents,or at least,one of them. Even if she tought about that,she did not seem to bother,the only thought in her mind was that of escape. So,alone in the dark,she traced her way and move as fast as she could out of the village.
Re: Seed Of Horror by repogirl(f): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2013
am still following...
Re: Seed Of Horror by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 27, 2013
Ama follow follow
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 10:49am On Mar 29, 2013
She did not find it difficult to locate the path,for she was familiar with the environment. When she got to her primary school,a thought crossed her mind to hide in one of the classrooms till day break,but she reckoned that some body might come around early and discover her or she might fall asleep and not wake up until pupils started coming to school and she would be discovered. She did not want to take any chance,so she continued. She walked throught the night and by daybreak,she was two villages from her village.
By the time her parent were returning home after a long night search, Bimbo was in the centre of the next village and she was beginning to feel pains all over her. She was thinking of were to rest when she heard the Muezzin calling the moslem faithful to prayers. At the end of the prayers,when one of the faithful refuse to leave the mosque,she became worried. She was about to curse her luck when a thought crossed her mind. If she entered the mosque and slept,there was a chance that some late risers might want to come and pray and she would be discovered sleeping in the mosque. Suspicion would creep in,but since she was sure nobody would recognise her,she felt safe. But she wouldn't want to be seen as a begger either. She knew that people would read meaning to her prescence in the mosque and she did not want to be a topic of debate. Because of this,Bimbo resolved to continue her journey.
She moved closer to the mosque,took one of the cans,got some water,washed her face rinsed her mouth,and she felt a bit better. She got up and started moving again. By this time,it was broad daylight and people had started moving about. She kept on moving. The village was bigger than her village,she saw group of grownup pupils and she approached them. When she got closer,she beckoned to the oldest in the group,who hesitated a bit before she came to her
"Good morning" Bimbo greeted
"Good morning" the girl answered
"Please which town is close to this village? Bimbo asked
"Where are you going? the girl queried
"Nowhere, i just want to know which big town is close to the village.
Are you a stranger here? the girl said
Sort of" Bimbo answered,having sensed that any attempt to conceal her identity might not help the matter.
Re: Seed Of Horror by alfablondy: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2013
following......................
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
Am sorry for nt updating dis story,its due to one or two tins. But am finally back nw. Stay tuned
Re: Seed Of Horror by johnwizey: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
It was den dat the girl told her the name of the only big town around the area. She also described how Bimbo could get dere. The girl informed Bimbo dat the day was dere market day, and if she moved fast, she could still board the only lorry going to the town at the village square. Bimbo thanked the girl and moved as fast as she could. Though hungry,she knew she could endure for sumtime. She got to the square in time to join the lorry which was abt to move.
Witout a single kobo, she entered the lorry and continue her journey to a strange land amidst strange people. As soon as the lorry moved out of the park,she fell asleep. She was woken by the conductor who was asking for transport fare. As soon as she was awake, she knew she was in trouble.
She had no money and she did nt knw hw to tell the conductor witout incurring his wrath. She knew that any plea witout money would nt be entertained by the conductor, who by his look could be very nasty. She winked at the conductor to attract his attention but he was nt looking at her face.
An ederly woman sitting beside her had been watching her in silence. She bcame concerned at the suddeness with which d girl fell asleep after entering the lorry. The woman's assumption was that Bimbo was a housemaid who had been abused by her master.
Bimbo's beauty also attracted the woman, who had no child of her own and thus formed the habit of admiring other people's children. She guessed her dilemma and paid her fare. Yet, that did not save Bimbo from the conductor's wrath.
''God save you today, you for knw the kin person wey i be. Dem no go get money and dem no go wan trek, Ashawo bastard'', the conductor hissed at Bimbo.
Bimco did nt respond, although she was close to tears. She had never been insulted all her life. The woman who paid for her cautioned the conductor and he immediately left Bimbo alone. Bimbo thanked the woman and in return she told Bimbo not to worry. However, the woman made up her mind to interrogate Bimbo when dey alight.
As soon as everybody came down frm the lorry, Bimbo's confusion became more visible.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Dudes Season 2 Episode 1 / They Are Coming(a Short Horror Story) / How To Publish With Parresia Publishers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.