Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,802 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Odemwingie Fined N18 Million For His Latest Twitter Outburst - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Fined N18 Million For His Latest Twitter Outburst (530 Views)

Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst / NFF Set To Sack Siasia Over Unpaid Salaries Outburst / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odemwingie Fined N18 Million For His Latest Twitter Outburst by DTalented(m): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
The Nigerian
international has now been fined over
£170,000 for various
outbursts on a social
media site Nigerian striker, Peter
Odemwingie has been
punished with another fine for his latest Twitter where he insinuated that
West Brom are trying to ruin his career.
The latest outburst could have gotten Odemwingie sacked but the club will
not be going that way
though it is now almost sure that he will be sold in the summer with one
year left on his contract.
He said on Twitter: “If they like they shouldn’t even
give me 10 mins to play.
Threatening to ruin my career? Career I closed already last summer? No
harm to me. “Want to treat me like an
average player. The abuse and praise I get is it average? So get some extra from me too.”
The 31-year-old had
ridden to Queens Park Rangers during January's transfer deadline to push
through a transfer but he was snubbed at the gate and fined £75,000 for a Twitter outburst afterwards.
West Brom issued a
statement which read:
“The club is aware of
comments made by Peter Odemwingie which will be dealt with internally.”
He has also been involved in a fierce clash with Steven Reid in the medical
room at the club’s training ground.
Odemwingie was signed for £2 million from Lokomotiv Moscow in August 2010 and has
played just 22 times in the league this season with five goals. Though he
scored 10 and 15 goals in the last two seasons to emerge as the Baggies’
highest goals scorer.

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/03/19/3837335/odemwingie-fined-n18-million-for-his-latest-twitter-outburst
Re: Odemwingie Fined N18 Million For His Latest Twitter Outburst by Engineer1985(m): 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
This guy should be accorded some respect.....he's a star player and one of the best players in England

(1) (Reply)

NFF Say Kenya Responsible For Their Troubles / Don’t Disunite Eagles, Chukwu Tells Yobo, Keshi / New Fifa Ranking Does Favour The Eagles; Dropped One Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.