Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria (1629 Views)

Zimbabwe VISA Application Enquiry / Zimbabwe Visas From Nigeria / Harare Gallery (zimbabwe): Have A Look, Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 28, 2008
wot do u think bout the recent move of some of zimbabwe farmers whom were deprived of their farms moving into nigeria?
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2008
thanks they are not in my village .
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2008
The whites? Which Zimbabwe farmers are you referring to
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2008
i
Blackcat:

The whites? Which Zimbabwe farmers are you referring to

I mean the whites , i think that cool, u know why? cuz food stuffs gon be cheap wen em dude enlarge
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 8:38am On Apr 04, 2008
What is cool about whites coming to Nigeria. Those people do not give a damn about anybody or the people of the country they live in. The care more about themselves and other whites. History never lies.

THEY ARE NOT WELCOME PERIOD!!! angry
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2008
bigmodo:

i
I mean the whites , i think that cool, u know why? because food stuffs gon be cheap when em dude enlarge

long throat, wait until time tells you what they are here for, so you think that Mugabe removed them to raise the price of food articles in Zimbabwe.No, time will vindicate Mugabe.most of us blacks are always very short sighted to see the light at the end of the tunnel, put your two hands under your legs, comb your hair and iron your shirt every morning, then sit at home, dont work, the white farmers are coming to rescue you.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2008
Racism is stupid. Are we not the ones who are going to eat the food they are producing?
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
Seun:

Racism is stupid. Are we not the ones who are going to eat the food they are producing?

This is not racism. Are you saying out of the 140million Nigerians there is no one that can produce food for Nigerians except whites? angry. Are you saying we are so hopeless that we need whites to produce food for us? Are you saying without the whites Nigerians will not have food?

This is Racism. Try and go to their country and see if they will buy the food produced by a black man or even allow you to buy such big lands to farm with.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by waleab: 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2008
Blackcat:

This is not racism. Are you saying out of the 140million Nigerians there is no one that can produce food for Nigerians except whites? angry. Are you saying we are so hopeless that we need whites to produce food for us? Are you saying without the whites Nigerians will not have food?

This is Racism. Try and go to their country and see if they will buy the food produced by a black man or even allow you to buy such big lands to farm with.

sadly you need them more than they need you. what farming will nigerians do with the land in the first place. why do u see everything in color. why not throw away all the nike and DG you are using. if the white man had yam and egusi they would have perfected how to stop it getting spoint quickly.

stop racism. black man can farm but not on an industrial scale.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by EloSela(f): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Blackcat

You are being silly.

It is attitudes like this that have led to the destruction of the Zimbabwean economy.

Nigeria has a lot of land that has been laying untouched since the beginning of time and and these farmers can use their skills to farm on a large scale while also contributing to the economy. After all it is not only oil that will soon run dry that Nigerians will eat.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2008
The white farmers are not preventing Nigerian farmers from doing their work. Whoever wants to farm, let them.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2008
waleab:

sadly you need them more than they need you. what farming will nigerians do with the land in the first place. why do u see everything in color. why not throw away all the nike and DG you are using. if the white man had yam and egusi they would have perfected how to stop it getting spoint quickly.

stop racism. black man can farm but not on an industrial scale.

Point of correction maybe you waleab need them more than they need you but not Blackcat or other loyal Nigerians. Give them your father's land when they come
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2008
EloSela:

@Blackcat

You are being silly.

It is attitudes like this that have led to the destruction of the Zimbabwean economy.

Nigeria has a lot of land that has been laying untouched since the beginning of time and and these farmers can use their skills to farm on a large scale while also contributing to the economy. After all it is not only oil that will soon run dry that Nigerians will eat.

You are the one that is being silly.

Thank GOD the decision is not in your hands, Nigeria would have been sold a long time ago.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by waleab: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
did you forget your medication this afternoon?
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2008
waleab:

did you forget your medication this afternoon?

Point of correction, maybe you forgot yours this afternoon
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by waleab: 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2008
i bet u are wearing some second hand oyinbo knicker and t shirt today and you are here talking non sence about their farmers go sit down jare
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2008
waleab:

i bet u are wearing some second hand oyinbo knicker and t shirt today and you are here talking non sence about their farmers go sit down jare

I can see where this is heading to, unfortunately I do not have time for people who try to turn every topic into an insult arena. Hisses and walks away
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by waleab: 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2008
Blackcat:

Point of correction maybe you waleab need them more than they need you but not Blackcat or other loyal Nigerians. Give them your father's land when they come

thought you had 2 heads when i saw your stupidity as above. you dont want to start insulting people because you are full of yourself. this is an open forum. make your point and stop insulting someone's dad.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2008
THEY ARE NOT WELCOME PERIOD!!!

so do u support nigeria importing food. why didn't u become a farmer if u are so concerned about who produces food for nigerians.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by ty4real(m): 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2008
Whats teh big deal sef?Let them come and farm for me,I will give them a Parcel of land and I will eat the produce till I grwo old.Didnt they use balcks for their plantation back then!abeg leav eall that talk that they are not welcome!

Infact,they are MOST WELCOME grin
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2008
when they come

theyve been here for about three years now! with proper tractors, modern farming skills, employing the people of the state-(kwara)

in turn the govt is providing better roads linking the village to the farms so the locals now have access to the city

by the way, part of the agreement was that they will only accept the land if people wont be relocated.  cool

what do you say about the indians,chinese and the foreigners in the oil sector too? they should go?

there are some farmers in nigeria that don't even know how to market their product

about 70% of farm produce in nigeria rot before getting to the market-napep dude
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by deor03(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2008
We are shouting about joblessness and some people are shouting blue murder over thing that will create jobs. Go to the the job thread of this forum and you will appreciate that there are so many jobless, educated and knowledgeable guys. Agriculture on a large scale is a BIG business and could employs thousand of guys roaming about in VI carrying brown envelopes full of different versions of CVs.

There are hundreds of thousands of graduate of Agric science, Agric engineering, Agric business etc and there are still more hoping and praying to pass jamb to study this course. What future do you hope for them if large scale farming is not welcome.

No wonder we are still where we are. I don't know why we can't take advantage of the guys ( whatever there colour is) but just gaurd against the zimbabwe issues to crop up here.

Remember almost all the BIG guys you know that work in Nigeria, except for the bank boys, work for the WHITE man one way or the other
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 9:03am On Apr 12, 2008
waleab:

thought you had 2 heads when i saw your stupidity as above. you don't want to start insulting people because you are full of yourself. this is an open forum. make your point and stop insulting someone's dad.

I can see you have 2 heads and i can see your stupidity written all over this topic cheesy.
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 11:14am On Apr 12, 2008
Those of you who are supporting the white farmers to come here,
I dont blame you for that, But we must first believe in ourselves,
How Many people have you heard that hunger killed in Nigeria ?,
Forget about food being Cheap,
I visisted somewhere in Lagos( ALONG ABEOKUTA EXP WAY, after oshodi bridge) where they sell fruits.
I was amazed at the amount of fruits being thrown away there,
Tons of them, Who said there is no food here,
What we need from them is technology to preserve this foods not to produce them,
No 2. I have visited many super markets in Germany, ALDI, EUROSPAR , KAUFMARKT,PUS, NETTO,REAL and so on,
Ask me how many products from continental Africa i have seen there,
None,only one Brand of wine from South Africa which they manufacture by themselves.This is what i call racism,
You come down to Nigeria and we are selling their products every where,
We will be better off with our products if we begin to value them,
Now they will come here to do the farming, and sell it to us at their own prices,
What do we call economy growth?
, They import all kinds of fruits from South America , while we throw our own away in Lagos,
Lagos is closer to Europe than all the South american countries, They said Nigeria is not secured.
The only secured place is where there is oil, hmm,
People, forget the fact that Mugabe TOOK THEIR LANDS FROM THEM, Time shall justify his actions.
Mark my word,
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2008
@sam milla
i dont realli know much about the kwara white farmers so im not commenting on it,but saw your last comment and thought ill contribute,the dearth of agriculture in africa has been due to the agricultural rebate,giving unfair advantage to european farmers and an unequal playing field,there was a time in the 1980s when british farms and european farms were producing way too much because the higher the produce the more rebate they got so while people are dieing of hunger in africa,there were pictures of farmers pouring milk away and discarding fresh farm produce,in a bbc documentary,they went to ghana and for a country that exports a large amount of cocoa,almost all the people from the cocoa producing areas in ghananian villages have not seen a bar of chocolate before, this link ll explain more about the rebate. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2005/jun/19/g8.hearafrica051
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:56pm On Apr 12, 2008
SAM MILLA:

Those of you who are supporting the white farmers to come here,
I don't blame you for that, But we must first believe in ourselves,
How Many people have you heard that hunger killed in Nigeria ?,
Forget about food being Cheap,
I visisted somewhere in Lagos( ALONG ABEOKUTA EXP WAY, after oshodi bridge) where they sell fruits.
I was amazed at the amount of fruits being thrown away there,
Tons of them, Who said there is no food here,
What we need from them is technology to preserve this foods not to produce them,
No 2. I have visited many super markets in Germany, ALDI, EUROSPAR , KAUFMARKT,PUS, NETTO,REAL and so on,
Ask me how many products from continental Africa i have seen there,
None,only one Brand of wine from South Africa which they manufacture by themselves.This is what i call racism,
You come down to Nigeria and we are selling their products every where,
We will be better off with our products if we begin to value them,
Now they will come here to do the farming, and sell it to us at their own prices,
What do we call economy growth?
, They import all kinds of fruits from South America , while we throw our own away in Lagos,
[b]Lagos is closer to Europe than all the South american countries, They said Nigeria is not secured.

The only secured place is where there is oil, hmm,
People, forget the fact that Mugabe TOOK THEIR LANDS FROM THEM, Time shall justify his actions.
Mark my word, [/b]

they cant sell it to us attheir own price, our price is their price-except if their quality is better than ours
its the same economy plus they are mainly into export so they are not bothering us that much except showing our farmers how to do it not literally

Lagos is closer but most farm produce are not stored properly, the fertilisers used are not registered or stored for records, so buyers cannot confirm if it meets their ethical or quality standards by the way, Kenya a fellow African country supply up to 80% of some fruits to M&S, tesco, sainsburys and co and they get to have partner farms in the UK visiting their partner farms to maintain quality- so if we get our acts together, focus on agriculture and improve quality we might just be make big money!
Re: Zimbabwe Farmers In Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 1:38am On Apr 13, 2008
understood but still, i believe Mugabe will be vindicated someday.

(1) (Reply)

Visiting Abuja Next Week / Going To Ghana, Is Certificate Of Immunization Against Yellow Fever A Neccessity / Indians Kill Nigerian In Malaysia Yesterday(nigerians In Malaysia To React)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.