Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. (4603 Views)

Android TV Tuner Dvb-t / How To Download Youtube Video To Mobile Phone / Nokia Dstv Receiver. The Nokia Su 33w Dvb-h Receiver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2008
News has it that Digital Video Broadcast-Handheld (alias DVB-H) Service has officially been launched in Nigeria by Dstv in partnership with MTN since August last year with a bouquet of 12 specially compiled Dstv stations including CNN, NTA, AFRICA MAGIC, M-NET, SUPER SPORT (3&9) and Update, etc. Though service is said to officially kick off from Abuja, almost 8 months since this official release date MTN has not said a word concerning this, so is it a fact or fiction? If this is real then they had better roll it out pretty quick. I must also commend NBC because even UK or South Africa does not have DVB-H yet. On a side note, if you want to be part of the fun when it hits Lagos better get an N77 or pretty still save for the ULTIMATE "General" N96 which is due for release 4Q this year. Have fun fellas.
PS: If u got any gist about this note this thread.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2008
Heard the rate stands at N1500-2000 per month, i was thinking of upgrading my N70 to N95 so should i chill for the N96?
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by hayprof(m): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2008
Mobile phone manufacturers will sell more batteries.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by dragnet: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2008
Opticians would get more patients grin
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2008
Why y'all seeing d -ves? what about d ease of watching d premiership in ur car, watching ur favourite movies without fear of PHCN, the unlimited power of ur little smartphone, guys lets face it thats d world brought right to ur palms.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by texazzpete(m): 11:36pm On Mar 28, 2008
bimbor:

Why y'all seeing d -ves? what about d ease of watching d premiership in your car, watching your favourite movies without fear of PHCN, the unlimited power of your little smartphone, guys lets face it thats d world brought right to your palms.
always keep an eye out for the -ves in this life.

Not sure I believe there's a dvb-h network in Nigeria.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by NoStress: 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2008
i'm a kind of lost here, undecided
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by skipo87(m): 12:32am On Mar 29, 2008
up phcn!
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 3:21am On Mar 29, 2008
NoStress:

i'm a kind of lost here, undecided
@NoStress, dvb-h is an over the air transmission of tv signals to your mobile phone it lets u view UHF as well as VHF stations on the handheld devices just like a conventional TV set and don't go confusing it with 3G, they are two different worlds because not all countries running 3G got this service. Here u just subscribe and watch realtime programmes all day.
texazzpete:

There is but only in abuja 4 now but what wont stop to baffle me is why MTN has not said a thing as rgds the service because they are the network chosen to handle it here in naija.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by ceejay80s(m): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2008
@ bimbor, why are u wasting ur time as u can see nobody wants to hear anything about tv on phone,u sef know say i don talk am tire but dey dont give a sh1t about .Other countries dey enjoy new development,we na as we go hack 4 free na him full our brain.Dnt stress ur self again my guy,dem no go listen unless u fit hack free 4 dem.Like george bush would always say" the way foward"
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by ceejay80s(m): 10:50am On Mar 29, 2008
Less i 4get, if u dey look 4 phones that DVB-H facilities go to www.gsmarena.com some smaller nokia phones get am. As bimbor call n95 and n77 some people don fear,go to that website and check out other phone specifications.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by dragnet: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2008
Who said anything about h@!<¡ng?? undecided

welcome bk from village grin
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by texazzpete(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2008
bimbor:

Here u just subscribe and watch realtime programmes all day.There is but only in abuja 4 now but what wont stop to baffle me is why MTN has not said a thing as rgds the service because they are the network chosen to handle it here in naija.

And the fact that MTN, a company fond of blowing its own trumpet, has said nothing about this rings no bell in your head?
Also why would they choose to launch such a service in Abuja, as against Lagos with a vastly superior population?

Finally, why would you think MTN and DSTV would charge a mere N1500 - N2000 monthly? that's just plain silly.

Put this rumor to the test of logic and it falls flat on its face. No offense meant, mate, but you didnt put a lot of thought into this.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2008
Your words are driven by emotions but y not keep your calm a l'il, first d major terrestrial Dstv package goes 4 9,000 a month n i heard theres a customised package of about 25 stations where u pay 2,500 a month to watch Dstv in your home so what is wrong with 2,000 per month mobile subscription with just 10 stations oh u wan make them charge 10,000 abi, well maybe u should set up your own paytv. NBC says service shd commence in Abuja so who are u to question that. i would refer u to do a good research before coming to talk gibberish here, maybe u need to know that that same service is in full spring in Kenya with 10 stations at Ksh1,000, do d math yourself and convert that to naira. The ignorance of some folks here don tire me, well as c.j said all u want to hear is free browsing settings. So peace y'all.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by texazzpete(m): 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2008
bimbor:

Your words are driven by emotions but y not keep your calm a l'il, first d major terrestrial Dstv package goes 4 9,000 a month n i heard theres a customised package of about 25 stations where u pay 2,500 a month to watch Dstv in your home so what is wrong with 2,000 per month mobile subscription with just 10 stations oh u wan make them charge 10,000 abi, well maybe u should set up your own paytv. NBC says service should commence in Abuja so who are u to question that. i would refer u to do a good research before coming to talk gibberish here, maybe u need to know that that same service is in full spring in Kenya with 10 stations at Ksh1,000, do d math yourself and convert that to naira. The ignorance of some folks here don tire me, well as c.j said all u want to hear is free browsing settings. So peace y'all.

Check out MTN and Glo's pricing for TV streaming via 3G and tell me if it's any way near N2000 per month for unlimited use.
Now it's clear you possess little or no capacity for logical reasonin, so let me walk you gently through the holes in your logic, with emphasis on flags that should have made you actually think.

Flag 1: First off, Even if DSTV offers a bare bones service for N2500, the operative word is DSTV. Not MTN. According to your story the N2000 will have to be shared between MTN and DSTV, with the infrastructural costs being borne by MTN. apart from the fact that this financial model is unworkable, it is immediately apparent to anyone with a brain that this will erode DSTV's already sagging market in Nigeria.

Flag 2: There's been no DVB-H auction. it's a digital transmission standard and hence you'd expect to see a round of auctions for the rights. there's been none.

flag 3: MTN and Glo are in a pissing match to prove their ahead technologically, hence words like 3.5G and 3G + are bandied about to impress Nigerians. You'd think a service that had been started in abuja since last year would have been touted to the roof tops, eh?

flag 4: Supersport?! In a N2000 per month package?! are you fucking nuts?

flag 5: I have friends in Abuja. Most of us do. So why the radio silence till now about DVB-H if it exists? Why did it take yourself, a low-tech, obscure member on a forum to bring it to the notice of nigerians? What happened to (at the very least) Wednesday guardian?

There are loads more, but i just can't be arsed to list them for you.

PS: What a pathetic troll you really are. Have you EVER seen me ask here for free browsing settings? All i've ever asked is for Celtel to fix their GPRS in PH, i'm ready, willing and able to pay for GPRS data with ease, unlike you.
i'm waiting for you to show where i've ever requested for free Browsing settings on Nairaland. The fact you ally yourself with ceejay shows you up as just another clown in his stable of buffoons.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by dragnet: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2008
. . . . . .Eish!. . . . .that hurt !!
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2008
You're one of d low morale attn seekers here n it pains me dt at your age your grey matter is all eaten up that u don't even grasp plain english.,.pathetic aint it, well im not surprised becos ur old folks didnt train u (o leko) Your emotions r already making u go crazy when no one is fighting u,i'll give u links as proof but thats after u learn good manners. im not an emotional Arrow like u,who is touching u why r u barking, maybe u need dogfood be4 u bite someone. I gat biz to tend to. go sharpen your ignorance u know nothing.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2008
Criticism is d father of backwardness,later u will start troubling God.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by dragnet: 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2008
I dnt knw wht u guys do best . . .dissing each other or constructive contributions
*thinking*
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2008
@dragnet dont be surprised while some peeps are here to build some are here to display their deranged talents as destroyers, hopeless fools that cant contribute anything but to criticize healthy discussions,people who struggle to get last position in school cuming here to run their mouth, i dont know whr the idiot emerged from n has d guts to intrude my thread, stupid fellow with no manners left in him, instead of helping ur mama hawk her bananas u r there stealing her money n wasting it in a cybercafé attacking ur superiors, ure lucky i aint in d mood to xchange words with u u'd have rather be unborn. Olosi.texapit in d pit u'll rot.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by texazzpete(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2008
bimbor:

@dragnet don't be surprised while some peeps are here to build some are here to display their deranged talents as destroyers, hopeless fools that can't contribute anything but to criticize healthy discussions,people who struggle to get last position in school cuming here to run their mouth, i don't know whr the idiot emerged from n has d guts to intrude my thread, stupid fellow with no manners left in him, instead of helping your mama hawk her bananas you're there stealing her money n wasting it in a cybercafé attacking your superiors, ure lucky i aint in d mood to xchange words with u u'd have rather be unborn. Olosi.texapit in d pit u'll rot.
What a terminal bore you are. Last place in school, eh? Yet my diction is far more polished than the drivel you spew.

Back on topic, i find it amusing that you claim to have links for proof, whereas in the original post you use words like 'if this is real'. Naturally, in keeping with you idiocy you neglected to place any of such links in your original post.

Why would you use a phrase like 'intrude my thread'? it's a public forum, dumbass, and i merely made a sensible contribution to it. If all you wanted was praise and comments in agreement with your lacklustre reasoning, open a blog.
your comments on my position in class and my mum's 'occupation' were amusing, if only for the fact that they expose your childishness and stupidity. the words themselves do not matter; i remain unaffected by your retarded gibbering.

We've both learnt from this discussion. you (despite all your childish tantrums) have learnt something about the application of logic. I myself have learnt that apart from overt cretins like vowiski, ceejay and a few others, covert idiots like yourself lurk in the woodwork, waiting for the right moment to erupt, to taint the rest of us with their stupidity.

And it isn't a cybercafe. More like Sheraton Wifi.

dragnet:

I dnt knw wht u guys do best . . .dissing each other or constructive contributions
*thinking*

I resent any comparison with this lunatic called Bimbor!! grin
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by naijafan(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2008
bimbor:

You're one of d low morale attn seekers here n it pains me dt at your age your grey matter is all eaten up that u don't even grasp plain english.,.pathetic aint it, well im not surprised because your old folks didnt train u (o leko) Your emotions r already making u go crazy when no one is fighting u,i'll give u links as proof but thats after u learn good manners. im not an emotional Arrow like u,who is touching u why r u barking, maybe u need dogfood be4 u bite someone. I gat biz to tend to. go sharpen your ignorance u know nothing.

Bimbor, you're taking this too far. You cant just walk into a forum and make an announcement without a valid source or reference. Now, cos someone decided to challenge you, you first tried reducing him to someone concerned with freebies only. Next thing, you're insulting his folks. That aint right.

To the best of my knowledge dawg, DVB-H isnt in Nigeria.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2008
naijafan:

Bimbor, you're taking this too far.
really why not check d tone of d other guys statement, his first n subsequent posts, so im d one taking things too far now eh, n who says i was referring to him liking freeby i only reechoed what ceejay said n that was a general 'you'. You see i really don't have time 4 retards like ds entity here ok. If u want links i can post ten but just check this out www.dvb-h.org/services.htm
www.dvb-h.org/Services/services-nigeria-details.htm
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by naijafan(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2008
bimbor:

If u want links i can post ten but just check this out www.dvb-h.org/Services/services-nigeria-details.htm
One valid link is enough.

This is more like a medicine after death. You could have just posted the link before resorting to insults.

This was texazzpete's first response to you

the logical thing to do after that was to post a link. He had nothing more than logic to judge with. Same with me. you didnt have to come down as low as following ceejay's insultive cue.

Attimes, i argue a lot on this forum as well. but its childish to resort to cooking up stories and directing them at your opponent. I dont know who you are, and likewise, you dont know who i am. I can attack your posts, but not your personality. The argument took the wrong bend wen it attributed that people are after free things only. WTF?! Of course it was directed at anyone who disagrees with you.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2008
Some people just think they know stuff when in actual sense they should be good listeners, so that was all u saw in his first criticism rite? Anyway lets rest this case i aint game.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by 4peace(m): 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2008
TO DO FIRST THING LAST.
HMMMMMMMMMMMM, MMMM
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by hayprof(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2008
@4peace, wat do u knw. .?
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by Middylek(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2008
Hey guys,its a fact, if u can check out d Broad street journal,edition 39,sept 24,2007,d whole scenario is illustrated on pages 41 and 42, d actual company dat is handlin it is Details nigeria ltd,dis company applied 4 paytv licence in 1992,after which Nbc granted their request, abuja been d 1st target,d service was supposed (am not in abuja) 2b free til dec 2007,dat is when d company schedule 4 its official launch.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by Middylek(m): 11:43pm On Mar 29, 2008
Aside fr this,the chairman of d company-Adewunmi ogunsanya didnt mention d cost of this service,he said dat d project cost dem abt $68 million,so fellow nigerians,lets hope dis is not another Genesis of , abeg help me complete am.
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by bimbor(m): 12:46am On Mar 30, 2008
I've given them d link, let d doubting Thomases check it out themselves, me i no fit shout. I base my figures on nothing but facts.I said 12 stations i repeat Supersport 3 and M-net inclusive. I'm chilling for the President of all N-Series devices, d all powerful N96 to hit d shelf in september. This phone is everything, 32GB memory n we r just warming up!!
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by naijafan(m): 3:02am On Mar 30, 2008
bimbor:

Some people just think they know stuff when in actual sense they should be good listeners, so that was all u saw in his first criticism rite? Anyway lets rest this case i aint game.
I was referring to his first response. It wasnt an attack at all. You simply let ceejay ruin the tone of your responses.

bimbor:

I've given them d link, let d doubting Thomases check it out themselves
Links are not for doubting Thomases. They only make your post verifyable. This follows standard practices.

bimbor:

me i no fit shout. I base my figures on nothing but facts.I said 12 stations i repeat Supersport 3 and M-net inclusive.
OK OK. . . We've heard!

bimbor:

I'm chilling for the President of all N-Series devices, d all powerful N96 to hit d shelf in september. This phone is everything, 32GB memory n we r just warming up!!
Did you mean 16GB?
Re: DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. by ceejay80s(m): 5:08am On Mar 30, 2008
Wetin i do again wey una just dey include my name 4 here.Bimbor dey talk sensible talk here,una wan swallow now una wan put the blame on me abi? U guyz know me dawm well,i go erupt o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S3 With Full Pack -price Slash / Tecno Q1 The First Android Phone With A Touch Screen And A Qwerty Keypad! / Does TECNO P3 Compatible Wit Whatsapp Nd Can It Ping Like Bb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.