Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? (3199 Views)

Innjoo Smartphones Now Becoming Popular / Downloading Youtube Videos On Your Smartphones Now Made Easy / This Is Free And Better That Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
ibietela2:

Dude whatsapp is not free for ALL not just android so get your facts right. Why do you always behave ....... When you are giving facts. iApple iphone SUCKS

When did I say Whatsapp was free for other platforms apart from Android?

Let's assume the iPhone sucks...does that make your life happier? Does that make your chinko phone thrill you more?
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Hotdiamond(m): 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
i just love iphones. Though Its way too pricey for my pocket. Anywhere i come across any apple products especially their iphones, the difference is always clear, always very clear. No matter the android phone you are using.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Olumidzti(m): 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
Segun agagu: cry embarassed cry wat of blackberry na...y are people nt talking of blackberry. Yet its a very very good smartphone. #crying#
I think next year 'll b d best time to come for more heartbreak or... never lol
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ibietela2(m): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
texazzpete:

This is why i hate arguing with you imbecilic m0r0ns...you know so little yet make the most noise.

[b]Whatsapp is free only for the first year on Android[\b]. After that it's a 99 cent/year payment. On iOS, the one-time payment for the app comes from Whatsapp themselves and has nothing to do with Apple. Whatsapp have even confirmed that they will change this to the same subscription model as on other platforms.

If you were smart, you'd realise it saves you more money when you make a onetime payment of 99 cents and pay nothing else for life than having the first year free and then paying 99 cents per year non-stop.

If you really think Google Play has 40 million apps, you're more dense than I thought. Currently both iOS and Android stores are about even with app count, but Apple IS still the first point of call for app developers. They make more money on the iOS platform.

I can't believe you went on a rant for N150. Smh

and who told you its only free for the first year for android users??
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ibietela2(m): 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
texazzpete:

When did I say Whatsapp was free for other platforms apart from Android?

Let's assume the iPhone sucks...does that make your life happier? Does that make your chinko phone thrill you more?

yeah better... atleast its chinco and i can share files with my peeps, use sd card, extra ba3
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Olumidzti(m): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
ibietela2:

yeah better... atleast its chinco and i can share files with my peeps, use sd card, extra ba3
to put it in another way, there's flexibility while apple is fish skeleton...
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Olumidzti(m): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
ibietela2:

to put it in another way, there's flexibility while apple is fish skeleton...
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 11:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
ibietela2:

I can do all that with my Galaxy Note 2...which is exponentially more powerful than your 'china phone'. Your point?
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by 9jagobetter: 1:02am On Mar 27, 2013
texazzpete:

I can do all that with my Galaxy Note 2...which is exponentially more powerful than your 'china phone'. Your point?
you've been the one advocating for apple & iOS, & now you mention galaxy note 2. The last time I checked, galaxy note 2 is a Samsung (& android) device, no? I think u need 2 stick with ur apple.

1 Like

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by KazaaUpload: 2:09am On Mar 27, 2013
ewizard1:

Sir.. Whatsapp is free for the first year of download. Even if its N50. Its FREE for all other platforms, why should dy give a charge for what's suppose to be free. 2. in terms of apps, Not all apps wld be made for all platforms. There are apps that are availabĺe for apple and not for others and vice versa. But talking bout who got the most stunning app? Android! why? cos its an open platform. if you think you can do something for it. FEEL FREE! Should u havnt heard, android got the HIGHEST number of apps. Pls google. twas 40million the last time i checked. And developers havnt stopped.
Lets do something. Make researches... Name mad stunning app apple got. Would let you knw what the GREEN ROBOT got in its box. *winks*

Android has MOST apps but not the BEST app. I challenge any android user to suggest just ONE decent app that came to android before coming to iPhone. I can't think of any. Viber, Temple Run, BBC, CNN; even whatsapp, Instagram, you name it. Its a known fact thag developers will always create an iphone app first, and if successful then move tp android. At worse, they will develop both together. Now for the sake of paying $1 a year for whatsapp, I would rather have the benefit of knowing tht my phone will get the next good app first. (And ps; most people would rather avoid the hassle of 'rooting' their phone just to save $1).
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 7:17am On Mar 27, 2013
9ja_go_better: you've been the one advocating for apple & iOS, & now you mention galaxy note 2. The last time I checked, galaxy note 2 is a Samsung (& android) device, no? I think u need 2 stick with ur apple.

I have numerous gadgets and all have their pros and cons. I currently use an iOs device (iPad mini) in conjuction with my Note 2. My job here is just to stop ignorant folks like yourself from spreading FUD.

Some of you are so insecure that when you pick a side, you desperately try to rubbish the other side so you'll feel better about your purchase.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by jaymichael(m): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2013
KazaaUpload: The statistics tell us that anybody on here that says the iPhone is crap vs the Samsung, is in the minority, because despite everything, the iPhone 5 is still the biggest selling phone with just three models, despite the fact that Samsung are bringing out a new device like almost every week.
My opinion why iPhone is better;
- the biggest apps ALWAYS come to iPhone first. Check history and you will see
- android is the most insecure OS there is today. Buggy and not secure.
- iTunes still has largest media collection
- easy to back up into the cloud with iCloud built in
- if my iPhone breaks or I need ANY support whatsoever, I can walk into any Apple store in The world an it gets sorted (I appreciate that this doesn't happen in Naija tho)
- video compression over email
- updates to OS are quicker and more frequent
- classier phone (glass, vs the plastic on the S3 and S4)
- thinner and lighter. If I need a massive screen I will buy a tablet, not a phone
- better speaker
- iTunes U: free app with one of the largest collection of free education tools on the web

These are just opinions, and are my opinions. But again, judging by sales alone most people still prefer te iPhone over The galaxy, even though galaxy is cheaper. That says something
let me tell you just ONE thing the iphone doesnt have that even the cheapest galaxy phones have? they MULTITASK. The Iphone dont. you ll have to exit one app before using another. That is why RIM CEO said the iphone and the IOS is obsolete. it belongs to the past.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 9:13am On Mar 27, 2013
texazzpete:

Fine! You got both devices and you havnt discovered which heads the other? I guess you havnt xplored android enuff.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2013
ewizard1:

Fine! You got both devices and you havnt discovered which heads the other? I guess you havnt xplored android enuff.

I was using an Android phone before you and probably everyone else even dreamt of using one. I had the original G1, got the HTC MyTouch for my wife. In 2008/2009!

I have 'explored' Android much more than you have...you people think it's by following tutorials on rooting and then downloading pirated games on your phones? Smh.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides of the divide. You know how I solve the problem? Getting both. Simple and short.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2013
jaymichael: let me tell you just ONE thing the iphone doesnt have that even the cheapest galaxy phones have? they MULTITASK. The Iphone dont. you ll have to exit one app before using another. That is why RIM CEO said the iphone and the IOS is obsolete. it belongs to the past.

If you think the iPhone doesn't multitask, you're more ignorant than I thought.

Unless you're talking about the split screen mode on the newer, high end Galaxy phones, Android phones handle multitasking the same way that you're complaining about.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
texazzpete:

I was using an Android phone before you and probably everyone else even dreamt of using one. I had the original G1, got the HTC MyTouch for my wife. In 2008/2009!

I have 'explored' Android much more than you have...you people think it's by following tutorials on rooting and then downloading pirated games on your phones? Smh.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides of the divide. You know how I solve the problem? Getting both. Simple and short.

Meditate on this.
EMPTY VESSELS MAKES THE LOUDEST NOISE
Do you know me in person? Your answer is NO!
Then how do you knw i didnt get an Android phone before u or not. smh.
You said you had explored android than i did?
The only way i wld agree is upload an app with you username as the title.
Just opening your mouth and ranting trash!
Pls go grow up. I'm sure you had share with android sef.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
NOTICE ERR'ONE.
I never said i used an android phone before anyone here and neither did i boast of exploring the device than anyone. Cos some GOOGLE PARTNERS has started telling us They used the android before anyone.
All i'm saying!!!
If you had OR can explore an ANDROID devîce like i have done. You would reveal its power .
SOME PEEPS NEEDS TO SHED THEIR OLD BRAINS AND DEVELOPE NEW ONES. Thanks for. reading.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by 9jagobetter: 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
texazzpete:

I have numerous gadgets and all have their pros and cons. I currently use an iOs device (iPad mini) in conjuction with my Note 2. My job here is just to stop ignorant folks like yourself from spreading FUD.

Some of you are so insecure that when you pick a side, you desperately try to rubbish the other side so you'll feel better about your purchase.
no one is trying to rubbish any side. The main point pple r making is that apple is overhyped & now we hv phones dt can beat iphones comfortably. & do you know the meaning of ignorance? Clear Facts hv been presented about the products, where's d ignorance?
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
ewizard1: NOTICE ERR'ONE.
I never said i used an android phone before anyone here and neither did i boast of exploring the device than anyone. Cos some GOOGLE PARTNERS has started telling us They used the android before anyone.
All i'm saying!!!
If you had OR can explore an ANDROID devîce like i have done. You would reveal its power .
SOME PEEPS NEEDS TO SHED THEIR OLD BRAINS AND DEVELOPE NEW ONES. Thanks for. reading.

So it's ok to assume I haven't 'explored Android enough' yet when I tell you that I most likely started using Android devices before you, you freak out?

Oya tell us how you've 'explored Android' in ways others haven't . Nonsense.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by SAFO(m): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
solidbroda: Where are u that you didn't hear about d release of samsung S4?
D phone has a 1.9 gigaharz processor with 8 Cores. The screen is HD super Amoled. 2 gig of ram. And much more with crazy battery life.. Now tell me, which iphone beats that with their overpriced pieces of sh*t?

Technically it's not 8 cores, it's really only 2 quad cores (1 heavy duty quad core for the heavy lifting and another lower spec'd quad core to assist with other functions).
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Leopantro: 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
Funny your use of words for this topic. Read this
10 Ways Samsung's Galaxy
S4 Is Better Than The
iPhone 5

by Kevin Smith Mar. 24,
2013, 9:23 AM |
Samsung
announced
its latest
flagship
phone, the
Galaxy S 4 earlier this month
in New York.
Critics have been going wild
because the Galaxy S 4 is
real competition to Apple's
iPhone 5 .

The Galaxy S 4 is packed
with the latest hardware and
software features like a 13
megapixel camera, eye
tracking technology, and
even a way to use the phone
without touching the screen.
While the iPhone 5 is still an
impressive smartphone, it
doesn't hold a candle to the
Galaxy S 4.
The Galaxy S 4 is
faster than the
iPhone 5.

Samsung's Galaxy S 4
has a quad-core
processor compared
the the iPhone 5's
dual core processor.
Primate Labs ran a
benchmark test pitting
the Galaxy S 4 against
other top tier
smartphones including
the iPhone 5.
The results show that
the Galaxy S 4 is
almost two times
faster than the iPhone

The Galaxy S 4's
screen is bigger.

The Galaxy S 4's
screen measures a
whopping 5-inches.
That's a full inch more
screen real estate than
the Phone 5. A bigger
screen means more
apps on one page,
more space for videos,
and higher quality.

The Galaxy S 4 has
better camera
software.

Software aside, the
Galaxy S 4 packs a
whopping 13
megapixel camera,
compared to the
iPhone 5's eight
megapixel camera.
The Galaxy S 4's
camera has a bunch of
software features that
will make any amateur
look like a
professional. It's easier
to take pictures and
edit them on the go.
Pictures stand out with
features like, photo
blur, which allows you
to erase people or
things from a photo
and Share Shot, which
lets you sync your
friends' Galaxy S
phones together to
share photos.
There are many more
camera features that
you can read about
here.

The Galaxy S 4 is
more versatile.

The Galaxy S 4 has the
latest version of
Android, which by
nature is a more
customizable operating
system than Apple's
iOS.
But besides making
phone calls and
downloading apps, the
Galaxy S 4 can be
used as a remote for
your compatible
Samsung TV.
Forbes Haydn
Shaughnessy of Forbes
points out, "on the S4
microsite Samsung
says the phone
'suggests different
programs based on
your preferences,
provides program
schedules, and does
the channel surfing for
you. The Samsung
GALAXY S4 even
allows you to remotely
control the TV or setup
boxes.'"

The Galaxy S 4 is
available on all
major carriers
including T-Mobile.

The iPhone has yet to
make its debut on T-
Mobile, leaving some
customers out in the
dark.
The Galaxy S 4 has a
sharper screen.
The iPhone 5's Retina
Display pushes out an
astounding 1136x640-
pixel resolution at 326
pixels per inch.
But, Samsung used an
HD Super AMOLED
screen and beefed up
the resolution on the
Galaxy S 4 to a
impressive 1920x1080
at 441 pixels per inch.

Google Now is light-
years better than
Siri.

This is an Android
feature but is still
counts as a reason the
Galaxy S 4 is better
that the iPhone 5.
Google Now is a
personal assistant that
comes included with
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
It uses all the
information available
in your smartphone to
provide you with
relevant information.
For example, your
phone knows the
route you take home
and if there is traffic it
will prompt you to go
a faster way.
If you're about to take
a flight, Google Now
prompts you to check
in and even gives you
weather in the
destination city.
Siri just can't compete.

The Galaxy S 4 has
more memory
contributing to the
overall quickness of
the phone.

The Galaxy S 4 is
packed with 2 GB of
RAM. That means you
can run more apps at
once, have more tabs
open in your browser,
and it just contributes
to the overall
quickness of the
smartphone.
The iPhone 5 runs on
half of that, only using
1 GB.

The Galaxy S 4 has a
removable battery!

A removable battery
means that when your
phone is running low
you don't have to stay
tethered to a plug.
Samsung even sells an
extra battery kit
allowing you to get
some extra juice in a
hurry.
Users can expand the
Galaxy S 4's storage.
If you don't want to
shell out the extra
money for a 64 GB
Galaxy S 4, you can
expand the smaller
sizes (16GB and 32GB)
with a MicroSD card.
You can also save data
to the MicroSD instead
of your actual phone's
memory.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 1:07am On Mar 28, 2013
texazzpete:

So it's ok to assume I haven't 'explored Android enough' yet when I tell you that I most likely started using Android devices before you, you freak out?

Oya tell us how you've 'explored Android' in ways others haven't . Nonsense.

Freak out? Sorry!!! Only playing the bigger and more sensible one of us both. So you want me to start posting when i started using mobile fones here? No nah! i get sense nah! Bro. Lets just trash this talk n move on! You knw they say filled up vessel would make less noise, unlike the empty ones (in which category i think you fall in) that would make the loudest noise.
Peace!
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 1:16am On Mar 28, 2013
You think watching a product ads today and buying the device the next d@y means You know beta? smh!!!
Some peeps would pay a tech savvy thousands of naira for something that requires codes and tricks.
Would come here,hiding behind texts and yarning rubbish like 'they tested the new device for a comp'
Get a life joor!
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 1:30am On Mar 28, 2013
Leopantro: Funny your use of words for this topic. Read this
10 Ways Samsung's Galaxy
S4 Is Better Than The
iPhone 5

by Kevin Smith Mar. 24,
Samsung
announced
its latest
flagship
phone, the
in New York.
iPhone 5 .

The Galaxy S 4 is packed
megapixel camera, eye
tracking technology, and
Galaxy S 4.
The Galaxy S 4 is
faster than the
iPhone 5.

Samsung's Galaxy S 4
has a quad-core
processor compared
the the iPhone 5's
dual core processor.
Primate Labs ran a
benchmark test pitting
the Galaxy S 4 against
other top tier
smartphones including
the iPhone 5.
The results show that
the Galaxy S 4 is
almost two times
faster than the iPhone

The Galaxy S 4's
screen is bigger.

The Galaxy S 4's
screen measures a
whopping 5-inches.
That's a full inch more
screen real estate than
the Phone 5. A bigger
screen means more
apps on one page,
more space for videos,
and higher quality.

The Galaxy S 4 has
better camera
software.

Software aside, the
Galaxy S 4 packs a
whopping 13
megapixel camera,
compared to the
iPhone 5's eight
megapixel camera.
The Galaxy S 4's
camera has a bunch of
software features that
will make any amateur
look like a
to take pictures and
edit them on the go.
Pictures stand out with
features like, photo
blur, which allows you
to erase people or
things from a photo
and Share Shot, which
lets you sync your
friends' Galaxy S
phones together to
share photos.
There are many more
camera features that
you can read about
here.

The Galaxy S 4 is
more versatile.

The Galaxy S 4 has the
latest version of
Android, which by
nature is a more
customizable operating
system than Apple's
iOS.
But besides making
phone calls and
downloading apps, the
Galaxy S 4 can be
used as a remote for
your compatible
Samsung TV.
Forbes Haydn
Shaughnessy of Forbes
points out, "on the S4
microsite Samsung
says the phone
'suggests different
programs based on
your preferences,
provides program
schedules, and does
the channel surfing for
you. The Samsung
GALAXY S4 even
allows you to remotely
control the TV or setup
boxes.'"

The Galaxy S 4 is
available on all
major carriers
including T-Mobile.

The iPhone has yet to
make its debut on T-
Mobile, leaving some
customers out in the
dark.
The Galaxy S 4 has a
sharper screen.
The iPhone 5's Retina
Display pushes out an
astounding 1136x640-
pixel resolution at 326
pixels per inch.
But, Samsung used an
HD Super AMOLED
screen and beefed up
the resolution on the
Galaxy S 4 to a
impressive 1920x1080
at 441 pixels per inch.

Google Now is light-
years better than
Siri.

This is an Android
feature but is still
counts as a reason the
Galaxy S 4 is better
that the iPhone 5.
Google Now is a
personal assistant that
comes included with
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
It uses all the
information available
in your smartphone to
provide you with
relevant information.
For example, your
phone knows the
route you take home
will prompt you to go
a faster way.
If you're about to take
a flight, Google Now
prompts you to check
in and even gives you
weather in the
destination city.
Siri just can't compete.

The Galaxy S 4 has
more memory
contributing to the
overall quickness of
the phone.

The Galaxy S 4 is
packed with 2 GB of
RAM. That means you
can run more apps at
once, have more tabs
open in your browser,
and it just contributes
to the overall
quickness of the
smartphone.
The iPhone 5 runs on
half of that, only using
1 GB.

The Galaxy S 4 has a
removable battery!

A removable battery
means that when your
phone is running low
you don't have to stay
tethered to a plug.
Samsung even sells an
extra battery kit
allowing you to get
some extra juice in a
hurry.
Users can expand the
Galaxy S 4's storage.
If you don't want to
shell out the extra
money for a 64 GB
Galaxy S 4, you can
expand the smaller
sizes (16GB and 32GB)
with a MicroSD card.
You can also save data
to the MicroSD instead
of your actual phone's
memory.

I hope and pray some iFanboys can see this, make xtra research and stop coming here to yahn opat. PLS READ. Dont be an iSlave. Get freedom.
Theres google, use it. Its FREE!!! Be informed, Be enlightened. Dont come here and brag. We learn new things everyday! Learn!!!
I'm talking to you... lmao!!!
Yes you!!!
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 1:30am On Mar 28, 2013
10 Ways Samsung's Galaxy
S4 Is Better Than The
iPhone 5

by Kevin Smith Mar. 24,
Samsung
announced
its latest
flagship
phone, the
in New York.
iPhone 5 .

The Galaxy S 4 is packed
megapixel camera, eye
tracking technology, and
Galaxy S 4.
The Galaxy S 4 is
faster than the
iPhone 5.

Samsung's Galaxy S 4
has a quad-core
processor compared
the the iPhone 5's
dual core processor.
Primate Labs ran a
benchmark test pitting
the Galaxy S 4 against
other top tier
smartphones including
the iPhone 5.
The results show that
the Galaxy S 4 is
almost two times
faster than the iPhone

The Galaxy S 4's
screen is bigger.

The Galaxy S 4's
screen measures a
whopping 5-inches.
That's a full inch more
screen real estate than
the Phone 5. A bigger
screen means more
apps on one page,
more space for videos,
and higher quality.

The Galaxy S 4 has
better camera
software.

Software aside, the
Galaxy S 4 packs a
whopping 13
megapixel camera,
compared to the
iPhone 5's eight
megapixel camera.
The Galaxy S 4's
camera has a bunch of
software features that
will make any amateur
look like a
to take pictures and
edit them on the go.
Pictures stand out with
features like, photo
blur, which allows you
to erase people or
things from a photo
and Share Shot, which
lets you sync your
friends' Galaxy S
phones together to
share photos.
There are many more
camera features that
you can read about
here.

The Galaxy S 4 is
more versatile.

The Galaxy S 4 has the
latest version of
Android, which by
nature is a more
customizable operating
system than Apple's
iOS.
But besides making
phone calls and
downloading apps, the
Galaxy S 4 can be
used as a remote for
your compatible
Samsung TV.
Forbes Haydn
Shaughnessy of Forbes
points out, "on the S4
microsite Samsung
says the phone
'suggests different
programs based on
your preferences,
provides program
schedules, and does
the channel surfing for
you. The Samsung
GALAXY S4 even
allows you to remotely
control the TV or setup
boxes.'"

The Galaxy S 4 is
available on all
major carriers
including T-Mobile.

The iPhone has yet to
make its debut on T-
Mobile, leaving some
customers out in the
dark.
The Galaxy S 4 has a
sharper screen.
The iPhone 5's Retina
Display pushes out an
astounding 1136x640-
pixel resolution at 326
pixels per inch.
But, Samsung used an
HD Super AMOLED
screen and beefed up
the resolution on the
Galaxy S 4 to a
impressive 1920x1080
at 441 pixels per inch.

Google Now is light-
years better than
Siri.

This is an Android
feature but is still
counts as a reason the
Galaxy S 4 is better
that the iPhone 5.
Google Now is a
personal assistant that
comes included with
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
It uses all the
information available
in your smartphone to
provide you with
relevant information.
For example, your
phone knows the
route you take home
will prompt you to go
a faster way.
If you're about to take
a flight, Google Now
prompts you to check
in and even gives you
weather in the
destination city.
Siri just can't compete.

The Galaxy S 4 has
more memory
contributing to the
overall quickness of
the phone.

The Galaxy S 4 is
packed with 2 GB of
RAM. That means you
can run more apps at
once, have more tabs
open in your browser,
and it just contributes
to the overall
quickness of the
smartphone.
The iPhone 5 runs on
half of that, only using
1 GB.

The Galaxy S 4 has a
removable battery!

A removable battery
means that when your
phone is running low
you don't have to stay
tethered to a plug.
Samsung even sells an
extra battery kit
allowing you to get
some extra juice in a
hurry.
Users can expand the
Galaxy S 4's storage.
If you don't want to
shell out the extra
money for a 64 GB
Galaxy S 4, you can
expand the smaller
sizes (16GB and 32GB)
with a MicroSD card.
You can also save data
to the MicroSD instead
of your actual phone's
memory.

I hope and pray some iFanboys can see this, make xtra research and stop coming here to yahn opat. PLS READ. Dont be an iSlave. Get freedom.
Theres google, use it. Its FREE!!! Be informed, Be enlightened. Dont come here and brag. We learn new things everyday! Learn!!!
Yes you!!!
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by KazaaUpload: 3:08am On Mar 28, 2013
Congrats; you've shown tht you know how to Google. Why not test things for yourself instead of relying on just one tech site reporter. For that article you've published, there are ten others that will tell you that iOS is better than android, or Windows phone is better than BB, etc.
I will say my own once again and that's it;
- I choose iOS cos I want the est apps first, not to wait months
- I want an OS that is stable, not one where I'm scared each time I download a freaking app
- most of the best google apps I can already get on iOS without using android (Google Maps, Google voice, etc). It's. proven fact that Google makes more money from iOS than they do from android!
- I love the smooth integration of FaceTime, iMessage, etc.
- I am a researcher, and having iTunes U built in with several resources is massive for me
iCloud works beautifully without any effort from me

I can go on and on. I have a nexus 7 that runs android but it barely sees light of day. And like I said before, iPhone sales remain higher than Galaxy and the iPhone is still the single highest selling phone in the world, to this day even. So iFanboy or not, it's silly for anybody to say that all these people are just buying crap.

10 Ways Samsung's Galaxy
S4 Is Better Than The
iPhone 5

by Kevin Smith Mar. 24,
Samsung
announced
its latest
flagship
phone, the
in New York.
iPhone 5 .

The Galaxy S 4 is packed
megapixel camera, eye
tracking technology, and
Galaxy S 4.
The Galaxy S 4 is
faster than the
iPhone 5.

Samsung's Galaxy S 4
has a quad-core
processor compared
the the iPhone 5's
dual core processor.
Primate Labs ran a
benchmark test pitting
the Galaxy S 4 against
other top tier
smartphones including
the iPhone 5.
The results show that
the Galaxy S 4 is
almost two times
faster than the iPhone

The Galaxy S 4's
screen is bigger.

The Galaxy S 4's
screen measures a
whopping 5-inches.
That's a full inch more
screen real estate than
the Phone 5. A bigger
screen means more
apps on one page,
more space for videos,
and higher quality.

The Galaxy S 4 has
better camera
software.

Software aside, the
Galaxy S 4 packs a
whopping 13
megapixel camera,
compared to the
iPhone 5's eight
megapixel camera.
The Galaxy S 4's
camera has a bunch of
software features that
will make any amateur
look like a
to take pictures and
edit them on the go.
Pictures stand out with
features like, photo
blur, which allows you
to erase people or
things from a photo
and Share Shot, which
lets you sync your
friends' Galaxy S
phones together to
share photos.
There are many more
camera features that
you can read about
here.

The Galaxy S 4 is
more versatile.

The Galaxy S 4 has the
latest version of
Android, which by
nature is a more
customizable operating
system than Apple's
iOS.
But besides making
phone calls and
downloading apps, the
Galaxy S 4 can be
used as a remote for
your compatible
Samsung TV.
Forbes Haydn
Shaughnessy of Forbes
points out, "on the S4
microsite Samsung
says the phone
'suggests different
programs based on
your preferences,
provides program
schedules, and does
the channel surfing for
you. The Samsung
GALAXY S4 even
allows you to remotely
control the TV or setup
boxes.'"

The Galaxy S 4 is
available on all
major carriers
including T-Mobile.

The iPhone has yet to
make its debut on T-
Mobile, leaving some
customers out in the
dark.
The Galaxy S 4 has a
sharper screen.
The iPhone 5's Retina
Display pushes out an
astounding 1136x640-
pixel resolution at 326
pixels per inch.
But, Samsung used an
HD Super AMOLED
screen and beefed up
the resolution on the
Galaxy S 4 to a
impressive 1920x1080
at 441 pixels per inch.

Google Now is light-
years better than
Siri.

This is an Android
feature but is still
counts as a reason the
Galaxy S 4 is better
that the iPhone 5.
Google Now is a
personal assistant that
comes included with
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
It uses all the
information available
in your smartphone to
provide you with
relevant information.
For example, your
phone knows the
route you take home
will prompt you to go
a faster way.
If you're about to take
a flight, Google Now
prompts you to check
in and even gives you
weather in the
destination city.
Siri just can't compete.

The Galaxy S 4 has
more memory
contributing to the
overall quickness of
the phone.

The Galaxy S 4 is
packed with 2 GB of
RAM. That means you
can run more apps at
once, have more tabs
open in your browser,
and it just contributes
to the overall
quickness of the
smartphone.
The iPhone 5 runs on
half of that, only using
1 GB.

The Galaxy S 4 has a
removable battery!

A removable battery
means that when your
phone is running low
you don't have to stay
tethered to a plug.
Samsung even sells an
extra battery kit
allowing you to get
some extra juice in a
hurry.
Users can expand the
Galaxy S 4's storage.
If you don't want to
shell out the extra
money for a 64 GB
Galaxy S 4, you can
expand the smaller
sizes (16GB and 32GB)
with a MicroSD card.
You can also save data
to the MicroSD instead
of your actual phone's
memory.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ibietela2(m): 6:33am On Mar 28, 2013
texazzpete:

Oga you don enter android??
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ibietela2(m): 6:36am On Mar 28, 2013
KazaaUpload:

Android has MOST apps but not the BEST app. I challenge any android user to suggest just ONE decent app that came to android before coming to iPhone. I can't think of any. Viber, Temple Run, BBC, CNN; even whatsapp, Instagram, you name it. Its a known fact thag developers will always create an iphone app first, and if successful then move tp android. At worse, they will develop both together. Now for the sake of paying $1 a year for whatsapp, I would rather have the benefit of knowing tht my phone will get the next good app first. (And ps; most people would rather avoid the hassle of 'rooting' their phone just to save $1).

Who first call police no be him dey win case

1 Like

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Hotdiamond(m): 6:49am On Mar 28, 2013
ibietela2:

Who first call police no be him dey win case
Crazy sentiments.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2013
ibietela2:

Oga you don enter android??

Na wetin I dey tell this small pikin wey dey call himself 'ewizard1'. I've always had an Android device since 2009. Always had an iPhone as my main device until last year when I went from HTC One X > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note 2

iPhone and iOS does so many things well, but the screen size is too damn small for my needs now.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2013
ewizard1:

Yes you!!!

The very definition of an immature fanboy. You've got a Desire S and you're here bragging about how the Samsung Galaxy S4 is better than the iPhone 5!
I'm not here to trade words with you...you're not even in the same league with the likes of 4llerbuntu or bigrovar who I have many stimulating discussions with.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 9:52am On Mar 28, 2013
texazzpete:

The very definition of an immature fanboy. You've got a Desire S and you're here bragging about how the Samsung Galaxy S4 is better than the iPhone 5!
I'm not here to trade words with you...you're not even in the same league with the likes of 4llerbuntu or bigrovar who I have many stimulating discussions with.

Now i see i dumb you are! Yes and yes. i use a DESIRE S. If i cld explore my DS dan ur GALAXY NOTE 2. Then shut up and continue the show-off.

Can you pls give me list of devices you have! BigMan!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Correct This Impression About "Data" / Benefit Of Pre-ordering Infinix Hot Note Now / How To Browse Using Mobile Data While Your Phone Is On Airplane Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.