Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

High BP In Pre Employment Test ... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / High BP In Pre Employment Test ... (1150 Views)

Pre-employment Test / How To Pass A Pre-employment Personality Test / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High BP In Pre Employment Test ... by obitwo: 10:05am On Mar 21, 2013
Hello

I recently had a pre employment test for a role in a telecoms company and my bp was taken twice and was high on the two occasions at 144 at first and then 130 next just ten minuted apart.

I was surprised at this because the last time I checked my bp a week ago, it was 115/70

Is there anyone in the house who has had a pre employment medical with high bp and still called for an offer?

Re: High BP In Pre Employment Test ... by obitwo: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2013
Hello?
Re: High BP In Pre Employment Test ... by 234GT(m): 4:14pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hello. Relax. The test is just for the coy to know about your health history, so they can know how to manage you when you come on board.
You will never be dropped.
Re: High BP In Pre Employment Test ... by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hahahaha. I once had a similar experience but mine was milder. It was also a pre-employment medical check and my BP was higher than usual during the check, though still within range. I later rechecked on my own and found my BP to be lower. I told the nurse. BP can vary based on your anxiety as at the time of check. You were probably not at ease during the check for fear of failing pre-employment test.
No need to worry. You don't need to develop high BP on the issue. Like 234GT said, you won't be dropped. wink

(1) (Reply)

a / Bsc(ed) Business Education,please A Confused Brother / The Complex Work Life Of An Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.