Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (3417 Views)

Dry Land For Sale In Trinity Gardens And Parks,ibeju Lekki @675k / Over 120 Plots Of Land @ Dominion Gardens & Parks, Ibeju-lekki For N750,000 / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hello guys,

Am not familiar with lekki axis,but I know that most of d land are gov acquired,so pls share whatever that u know concerning this place called dominion gardens that everyone is advertising here,.share anything whether good or bad .

Cheers
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
No one?
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Delafruita(m): 10:14am On Mar 22, 2013
the ibeju-lekki axis is opening up very fast with projects such as
-lekki free trade zone
-lekki deep sea port
-lekki refinery
-lekki international airport
etc

estate developers see opportunities in those areas and invest in them before they develop while the average person waits for the area to develop before buying at a much more expensive rate.it happened in mowe,igbesa,alapoti etc and the same is happening in ibeju-lekki.

the first thing an estate developer does is to check the status of the land.at least thats the first thing we do.we determine if its under government acquisition or not.thats why most developers have surveyors on their team.afterwards,the ownership of the land is determined which is why a lawyer is always handy.All in all,an estate developer wouldnt invest a large sum without ensuring his investment will be safe and yield profit.

please note that the explanation isn't specific for dominion gardens.its more an explanation of how estate developers work.we just make the acquisition of viable land easy for individuals.

our firm just recently acquired an expanse in the ibeju-lekki axis,close to the site of the lekki international airport and in honesty i cant say i know all the estates in that axis.however,in the other areas where we have projects such as igbesa and alapoti,i can list all the estates off my head.thats not to say dominion gardens isnt genuine.do your investigation.

one more thing to note is that a lot of lands in that axis are under government acquisition.many of the families will claim they are in the process of getting it back.they'd claim their gazette would soon be released and a lot of other stories.much as i am not privy to their dealings,we always pass on such offers no matter how cheap or attractive it is.some lands arent just under acquisition,they're committed and the government will never let go of them.some tried it in mowe,ofada and papalanto and after a few years,they realised some corrupt goverment officials just swindled them

all in all,its better and safer to patronise developers rather than omo-oniles.however,ensure its a firm with a previous project that can enable you have a hindsight into their track record.if you need more info,just say so on this thread and i'd be more than willing to provide
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thnk u my bro,
Pls give us as much info as possible,ask around about Dominion gardens pls,Am sure this thread will help both seller and buyers equally.I've found out that PWAN LTD is incharge and they had an estate called folkland which was a sold out in lekki,What do u know or heard about them?

Thnx again for ur time.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Anyone?
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Delafruita(m): 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
based on my enquiry,i have no reason to doubt the genuinty of PWAN LTd.they had a successful project in folkland estate phase 1-3.however,i have issues with the phrase "the gazette is almost out" as it pertains to dominion gardens.i have no issues with the sincerity of PWAN limited who i believe to be honest businessmen,however,the issues of gazettes are very flexible and could swing either way.many families do the surveys all in the hope of convincing the government either through genuine means or through bribery to release the lands to them.based on assurances of certain officials of government who might or might not have any influence of the process for excision,they start to sell those lands.sometimes it works out,other times it doesnt. most especially in that axis where government is scrambling for as much land as it can get so as to meet up its land commitment to foreign investors.

i am not in a position to determine if its a risk worth taking as i am not privy to the details of the process for excision of that particular land neither am i privy to the workings of PWAN limited,however,since PWAN limited has another project,Folkland estates,you could make enquiries on that or on the other numerous estates in the area.

i hope this little info has helped.would have given details of our estate also in that same area but its a little more expensive that dominion gardens.however aside from ours,there are some other ones too in that same area and others scattered around.

like i said,most developers in that area are genuine business people so feel free to do business with any of them.however,its good to do your private investigation
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Delafruita: based on my enquiry,i have no reason to doubt the genuinty of PWAN LTd.they had a successful project in folkland estate phase 1-3.however,i have issues with the phrase "the gazette is almost out" as it pertains to dominion gardens.i have no issues with the sincerity of PWAN limited who i believe to be honest businessmen,however,the issues of gazettes are very flexible and could swing either way.many families do the surveys all in the hope of convincing the government either through genuine means or through bribery to release the lands to them.based on assurances of certain officials of
government who might or might not have any influence
of the process for excision,they start to sell those
lands.sometimes it works out,other times it doesnt.
most especially in that axis where government is
scrambling for as much land as it can get so as to meet
up its land commitment to foreign investors.

Thnx 4 ur input,concerning d gazette,lawyer said dsame thing as u.what type and how?Do u recommend that we follow up with d investigation?this will help others too.

Cheers,

i am not in a position to determine if its a risk worth taking as i am not privy to the details of the process for excision of that particular land neither am i privy to the workings of PWAN limited,however,since PWAN limited has another project,Folkland estates,you could make enquiries on that or on the other numerous estates in the area.

i hope this little info has helped.would have given details of our estate also in that same area but its a little more expensive that dominion gardens.however aside from ours,there are some other ones too in that same area and others scattered around.

like i said,most developers in that area are genuine business people so feel free to do business with any of them.however,its good to do your private investigation
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by whirlwind7(m): 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hmmm. Euromilion and i are in the same predicament. I live overseas, and i am very much interested in getting a parcel of land in this area. However, i am still monitoring these threads to see how things go. There's been much hype about Ibeju-lekki lately. Let's hope for a positive result on the gazette.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by misterrex: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
Just the thread I was lookin for.

So many offers in that area but how do we know who's genuine and who's not?
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Delafruita(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
mister rex: Just the thread I was lookin for.

So many offers in that area but how do we know who's genuine and who's not?
its not about the developer been genuine or not.i believe most if not all are genuine businessmen.however,honest intentions have been known to cause a lot of losses.the attraction of getting a good piece of land for very low amount has been known to cause future heartache.for those who have had a measure of experience in the business,we know not to rely on promises like "the gazette would soon be out".its better if the promise is "the c of o would soon be out".at least in such case,you know the government cant come tomorrow and say the land belongs to them.

like i said earlier,we also have an estate around there (Hope Estate) but its much more expensive than dominion.(we sell at 1million while dominion sells at 600k).though am certain if the gazette is eventually done,their price will go up.so if you want to acquire from dominion,now is the time to do it
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Delafruita(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
whirlwind7: Hmmm. Euromilion and i are in the same predicament. I live overseas, and i am very much interested in getting a parcel of land in this area. However, i am still monitoring these threads to see how things go. There's been much hype about Ibeju-lekki lately. Let's hope for a positive result on the gazette.
ibeju-lekki is the way to go in terms of real estate development in lagos.for ogun state,it will be the ado-odo area.

in that area alone there is the free trade zone,deep sea port,international airport,refineries,tank farms etc\

however,any investor in the area should be ready to make the investment medium-long term
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2013
@Delafruita,
Thnx 4 ur input.I've never been confused in my life,until I decided to invest in Nigeria,noting goes straight forward in that country.

Thanx again.

Still confused.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Delafruita(m): 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
euromilion: @Delafruita,
Thnx 4 ur input.I've never been confused in my life,until I decided to invest in Nigeria,noting goes straight forward in that country.

Thanx again.

Still confused.
still confused?well thats normal.its not easy to part with one's hard earned money only to lose it.to help you,i'd need to know your plans.do you seek an investment?or you want to acquire land to build a house for yourself or for rentals?if its meant for personal use,then i wont advise ibeju-lekki at this time.perhaps a place closer to modern development though they might be more expensive.if the plan is for rentals,then you can consider somewhere on the mainland(which might be more expensive) or somewhere on the outskirts.places like igando,ijanikin,egbeda, where you can get land cheaper and rents are still quite high.

if its for investment,then you can make enquiries on the various estates in ibeju-lekki.however,you should be prepared to give it few years before attempting to see and ROI.

like i said,it all depends on your plan.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
@delafruitas,
I need it for investment,plan to hold it for few yrs then sell one to build a place for me.I need somewhere decent with tarred Rd and convents instead of tradinal gutters,infact somewhere well planned wit growth potential.

Thnx 4 ur interest.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by sandygechy(f): 7:59am On Mar 25, 2013
euromilion: @delafruitas,
I need it for investment,plan to hold it for few yrs then sell one to build a place for me.I need somewhere decent with tarred Rd and convents instead of tradinal gutters,infact somewhere well planned wit growth potential.

Thnx 4 ur interest.
Then invest in Crown Estate.Its a beautiful,serene,private gated estate.It has efficient network of paved roads and covered drainage,private water works with treatment plant,street light,steady light and above all,security is the best along this axis.I live and work in this estate! Its a place to be.We have several plots of land and duplexes for sale.Call 08037746256.My name is Sandra.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by Delafruita(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2013
euromilion: @delafruitas,

Thnx 4 ur interest.
then ibeju-lekki is good for you.

the reality is most estates have a similar plan for development.it now depends on where they are located and how far they have gone.an estate that is already be inhabited will naturally be more expensive than one that is still a virgin land.an estate with a c of o(either in their name or in the name of the family they acquired from)will be more expensive than one that is still awaiting a gazette.

all in all,it depends on your budget.

you can weigh the risks in dominion gardens,you can also check our crown estate which was advertised by sandra up there.

ours is hope estate located close to the site of the proposed international airport.previous projects include Newberry EState,Ruby estate and a partnership on Lead city estate.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by LondonCool(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2013
whirlwind7: Hmmm. Euromilion and i are in the same predicament. I live overseas, and i am very much interested in getting a parcel of land in this area. However, i am still monitoring these threads to see how things go. There's been much hype about Ibeju-lekki lately. Let's hope for a positive result on the gazette.

I live overseas too. I have been investing in these 'Estates'/ plots of land and I'm open to opportunities. Most of the vendors do have exit clauses in case you want to back out anytime where they refund to you your contribution ( minus admin fees), so you need to make up your mind. Once the gazette is out the price will increase, so you have to take a punt of taking the risk to invest early without the gazette at a cheap price, or invest later at a premium price once the gazette gets issued. You need to do your due diligence and make a decision. Check the track record of PWAN Ltd, have they delivered on similar projects? I'm in the same predicament as you but decided to test the water by opting in the Dominion Garden project and add it to my land portfolio. Only time will tell.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by LondonCool(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2013
sandygechy: Then invest in Crown Estate.Its a beautiful,serene,private gated estate.It has efficient network of paved roads and covered drainage,private water works with treatment plant,street light,steady light and above all,security is the best along this axis.I live and work in this estate! Its a place to be.We have several plots of land and duplexes for sale.Call 08037746256.My name is Sandra.

@sandygechy,
euromilion stated that he's looking to invest in land (Dominion Gardens) that would appreciate later on to enable him build his dream place and you just jump in offering Crown Estate. Hmmmm, guerrilla marketing. Why should he trust you seeing that you just registered on NL 3 weeks ago? Concentrate on your Crown Estate thread and stop ambushing genuine investors who have genuine concerns about making investment decisions with their money.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by AreaFada2: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
LondonCool:

@sandygechy,
euromilion stated that he's looking to invest in land (Dominion Gardens) that would appreciate later on to enable him build his dream place and you just jump in offering Crown Estate. Hmmmm, guerrilla marketing. Why should he trust you seeing that you just registered on NL 3 weeks ago? Concentrate on your Crown Estate thread and stop ambushing genuine investors who have genuine concerns about making investment decisions with their money.

LondonCool e no easy o. Being away from home makes these things difficult for us. I missed out big time on Lekki 10-15 year back.
You just don't know who to trust.

1 Like

Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by sandygechy(f): 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
@Londoncool- Jobless fellow!!!!! If u don't have anything reasonable to say,SHUT UP!!!!!!
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by yeboyes: 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
euromilion: Hello guys,

Am not familiar with lekki axis,but I know that most of d land are gov acquired,so pls share whatever that u know concerning this place called dominion gardens that everyone is advertising here,.share anything whether good or bad .

Cheers

I am in the same position as you.What irks me about all these developers is the lazy and unprofessional way they market their lands.If you look at what obtains in other countries developers put their clients minds to rest because :

They have a verifiable company registration certificate
They have a website
They post pictures of all their official agents online so that buyers can identify them
They provide you copies of land registration documents issued by the state Government
They provide crystal clear photos of the site and on going work
They provide a google map outline of the estate location
They provide you the set of rules under which the estate will be managed

Most of these developers do not have any of the above.I find it ludicrous that in this day and age ,developers who are in charge of lands worth millions do not have a website.I find it ludicrous that these developers are not confident enough to post their pictures online so that we can identify who they are and be rest assured.Go to any property website outside Nigeria and you will see the photograph of the agent involved in the land proudly posted on their website.

We Nigerians never follow due procedure and just do things anyhow hence why there is no peace of mind when buying lands or doing property deals in Nigeria.I hope they become more professional straight forward in their dealings.The Lagos state Government too are useless because i have never seen a country where developers can sell land when they have not been issued official documents for those lands.

At least with Mowe Ofada we saw some pictures of the estates and their gate houses.With Ibeju lekki developers we don't see anything,no pictures of the land ,no pictures of the gate house.Please developers step up your game and be professional ,there are many people who get turned off by your lack of professionalism.

1 Like

Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by LondonCool(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
sandygechy: @Londoncool- Jobless fellow!!!!! If u don't have anything reasonable to say,SHUT UP!!!!!!

Is that how you respond to advice? Calm down dear, a bad attitude is not good for business if you want to succeed in life.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by kopell: 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
@londoncool what did you expect, most of this people are predictors the watch and monitor your conversation online and see how thy will struck you. That name alone it's a target. Guys be careful with all the guys that have not feed then self three meal a day but trying to sell you 60- 100 million Naira land, just because we're are at other side of the world.

1 Like

Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by LondonCool(m): 12:05am On Jul 25, 2013
kopell: @londoncool what did you expect, most of this people are predictors the watch and monitor your conversation online and see how thy will struck you. That name alone it's a target. Guys be careful with all the guys that have not feed then self three meal a day but trying to sell you 60- 100 million Naira land, just because we're are at other side of the world.

True talk my brother, true talk
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by esoorita: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2013
yeboyes:

I am in the same position as you.What irks me about all these developers is the lazy and unprofessional way they market their lands.If you look at what obtains in other countries developers put their clients minds to rest because :

They have a verifiable company registration certificate
They have a website
They post pictures of all their official agents online so that buyers can identify them
They provide you copies of land registration documents issued by the state Government
They provide crystal clear photos of the site and on going work
They provide a google map outline of the estate location
They provide you the set of rules under which the estate will be managed

Most of these developers do not have any of the above.I find it ludicrous that in this day and age ,developers who are in charge of lands worth millions do not have a website.I find it ludicrous that these developers are not confident enough to post their pictures online so that we can identify who they are and be rest assured.Go to any property website outside Nigeria and you will see the photograph of the agent involved in the land proudly posted on their website.

We Nigerians never follow due procedure and just do things anyhow hence why there is no peace of mind when buying lands or doing property deals in Nigeria.I hope they become more professional straight forward in their dealings.The Lagos state Government too are useless because i have never seen a country where developers can sell land when they have not been issued official documents for those lands.

At least with Mowe Ofada we saw some pictures of the estates and their gate houses.With Ibeju lekki developers we don't see anything,no pictures of the land ,no pictures of the gate house.Please developers step up your game and be professional ,there are many people who get turned off by your lack of professionalism.
My brother, I agree 100% with you. Most of the promoters of estates in Lekki/Ibeju axis are like jokers to me. I can't just get my head around their business plans, they expect people to part away with a substantial amount of money and yet they are so mentally lazy to the extent that they can't be bothered to provide comprehensive information for a prospective stakeholder in their estate. I would rather put my money on a lottery ticket than buying a land from these jokers. Most of them wants to promote an estate without having a dime to their name, they're banking on the stupidity of the people who will be foolish enough to bankroll their gambling spree. If it goes well you're lucky , if it goes bad tough luck for those that put their money into it. My advise to these clueless estate barons is that to make money, you'll have to invest your money, don't just display the signpost of your proposed estate on a barren land and expect money to be rolling in for you like a magician.
Re: Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? by naijaOnly: 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hello Delafruita,
Please where is Newberry Estate Phase II located and do you have already completed homes for sale in any of your estates? Please kindly provide some details.

(1) (Reply)

Number One Supplier Of Roofing Sheets In Nigeria. BATLAN CONCEPT LIMITED / Roller Shutter Grill / What Is The Cost Of Building A House In Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.