Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership (4141 Views)

Top 10 Deadly Strikers In Europe This Season / Best Strikers In The World 2013 – A List Of Top Ten Strikers / I Am One Of The Best Strikers In Nigeria - Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by bchairman: 2:09am On May 14, 2006
Didier drogba should not be hated because he kicked you out of nations cup. I accept he was so good in france, but he scored 10 goals in the premiership. How many strikers scored up to that in the season??
Morientes was a mess. Kanu was a big mess. Heskey was a bigger mess. Ameobi , the biggest mess. Cisse, a double mess. Crespo scored 10 goals too, but really misfired.
Drobga was named one of the best strikers,and assist this campaign and you guys are here saying trash about him. He did a good job,but not as he did in france,
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by ojd(m): 2:12am On May 14, 2006
ALL HAIL GUNNERS on the forum.

criticizing REYES is not called for as he played a midfield role in most of ARSENAL's marches.

Try looking at Crespo's performance in all competitions and u'll see a real disappointing striker
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by mochafella(m): 2:19am On May 14, 2006
b_chairman:

Morientes was a mess. Kanu was a big mess. Heskey was a bigger mess. Ameobi , the biggest mess. Cisse, a double mess. Crespo scored 10 goals too, but really misfired.

um, I do not agree with the amount of criticism levelled at Drogba. I think you'll find most of it is because of a dislike of Chelsea. However I think you'll find none of those fellows you listed cost 24 million pounds. For that price tag, you tend to expect more.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Christino(m): 8:33am On May 14, 2006
You guyz should dust your ass and move to another level with people like robinho and baptista or even John Carew, add them all together, including Adriano and add up their achievement this season and compare with that of 22[b] year old Jaan- Klaas Huntelaar[/b]?
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Priscila(f): 10:09am On May 14, 2006
Everyone here is that jealous of Drogba huge cheque!
the subject is most disappointing Strikers and Drogba was among the best!
Why slot in his name?
The man gained form after that disappointing play in CAF and he is in top ten strikers in premiership-his goals by left foot and head kicks. who else?
Infact apart from Gerrard,Henry and RoOney who use alot of force Drogba is 4th best in premiership
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 7:01pm On May 14, 2006
@christino

huntelaar was dropped in the final netherlands squad to the world cup
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by dokey2g(m): 9:38pm On May 14, 2006
priscila plz spare me that !!! if u are trying to count good strikers in premeirship Drogba shouldn't be mention out all.

well !!!!!!!! he remains a disappointment grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Skintite(f): 12:24pm On May 15, 2006
Dragba
top ten
nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For the amount he cost, he shud be competing with henry grin
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by nightrider: 12:46pm On May 15, 2006
i'm dissapionted huntelaar was dropped for hessilink. He should have been given a chance. i think Van basten made a mistake
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lalaboi(m): 1:53pm On May 15, 2006
I c dat writers her ar gunaz. How can a striker (drogba) score 16 goals n u cal him misfiring. Heskey tops d chat, followd by al d stikers of sunderland. We culd also add djibril cisse 2 d list.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lalaboi(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2006
U cnt compare d french league 2 d premiership. In just a seasn he performd wel n evribody startd praisn him. He cam 2 chelsea he undaperformd. Henry went 2 italian league n 4kdup. I'm sure wen he came 2 arsnl he didnt score as much as drogba. 4me dis seasn drogba playd a big part in chelsea winnin d premiership. I tink its because chelsea disgracd arsnl dis seasn dy dcidd 2 take on drogba. Qoute me, adebayor wil b misfirer of nxt seasn. N b4 i go. Al gunners speak 2 defend dier players n dier team. 4me i'lk rate drogba 7/10 dis seasn.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Christino(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2006
lordimpaq:

@christino

huntelaar was dropped in the final netherlands squad to the world cup

Ol boy, i was shocked. If England had huntelaar, they'll play 12 - 10 - 1 formation sad
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Christino(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2006
FYI,
No player has scored more goals than Huntelaar this season and he's only 22 years of age!
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by spikelord(m): 3:56pm On May 15, 2006
Oh I forgot Adebayor, I guess Henry must have been frustrated by now!
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by debosky(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2006
Adebayor scored 4 goals in 12 premiership appearances, not bad for someone just coming to the premiership, watch out for him next season. Why is Cisse being counted among the worst? he has scored in most of the games he played for liverpool this season, Rafa wasn't just crazy about the dude, so he didn't play as much as he wdve.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by sage(m): 9:39pm On May 15, 2006
Deviating

I think Van Basten has made a big mistake in his squad selection. Y drop Huntelaar for Vegnoor of Helsink. Y leave Seedorf, Davids and Roy Maakay
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by jagenne(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2006
Didier Drogba tops the list of the most disappointing striker in 2005/06.
I think he ranks numero uno on this list because he had no excuses for not scoring at least 25-30 goals for Chelsea.
His price-tag was high. He plays for a top manager and he plays in a very good team.
Why compare Cisse,Reyes,Heskey and Jon Stead to Drogba?
Cisse,Reyes,Adebayor and Heskey wld have scored 20 goals plus easily in a team like Chelsea that has got the best defence and the best midfield in the Premiership.
For Drogba's price,he is a major disappointment this season. In a team like Real Madrid,he wld have been discarded like a used sanitary pad.
End of Story.

Marco Van Basten doesn't just believe in names especially old ones.
I believe this was where Nigeria got it wrong at the last nations cup.
Why take Okocha and Garba Lawal when we all know they have expired.

Bes' believe it, Van Basten's team are the team to beat in Germany.
I forsee em making it to the semis come summer.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lalaboi(m): 7:36am On May 16, 2006
Dis gunaz jst lik defending dier playe. He scored 4 goals in 12 games n u praise him. Tseew. Rubbish.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Christino(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2006
Drogba is back,

Kanu is back,

Reyes is doing well over there

Crespo is doing fine over there too

Adriano lipsrsealed

Let's see what happens this season.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 / Arsenal Won’t Win Any Trophy, Until The New Royal Baby Becomes King - TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.