Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership (4138 Views)

Top 10 Deadly Strikers In Europe This Season / Best Strikers In The World 2013 – A List Of Top Ten Strikers / I Am One Of The Best Strikers In Nigeria - Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by salehm(m): 3:56pm On May 08, 2006
Premiership Misfiring Strikers

The 2005/2006 Premiership season is come and gone plz soccer fans on Nairaland i know we had some Mis-firing striker this season plz who were they?

I think to me Emile Heskey should top the list. What do you think?

Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Skintite(f): 4:32pm On May 08, 2006
Drogba grin grin grin
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by LoverBwoy(m): 9:50pm On May 08, 2006
lol dat pic is harsh!!!

can u imagine they picked theo walcott in fromt of heskey for england!! shocked
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by spikelord(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2006
Heskey is no longer an active player, Drogba is just a novice in football
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by zebudaya(m): 10:26pm On May 08, 2006
kanu
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2006
spikelord:

Drogba is just a novice in football

What is the dictionary meaning of Novice sir?
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by nightrider: 9:08am On May 09, 2006
kanu has to be the pick of the lot.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by wascojasco: 10:07am On May 09, 2006
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
i think the worst stiker in the premiership shld be emily heskey and dider drogba,

Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Numerouno(m): 10:58am On May 09, 2006
Drogba can't be the worst sticker in the premiership with the likes of cisse, morientes, hesky and ameobi of newcastle all present.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 2:30pm On May 09, 2006
nightrider:

kanu has to be the pick of the lot.

How many goals did Reyes and Van Persie scored?
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by amodu(m): 3:05pm On May 09, 2006
Ameobi is the worst and disappointing stricker.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by nightrider: 3:50pm On May 09, 2006
abeg van persie has up to 11 goals for arsenal this season.
Kanu didn't just click even at a bottom club like west brom
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 4:06pm On May 09, 2006
nightrider:

abeg van persie has up to 11 goals for arsenal this season.
Kanu didn't just click even at a bottom club like west brom

11 Premiership goals?

What of Reyes?
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by topsydoo(m): 4:17pm On May 09, 2006
you see, u would have to have in at the back of yr mind dat wot happens to a player on the field has psychological, mental points, havin  a bad season doesnt mean u arent gud or u are worthless.id start with the scorers nt those that had meagre goals.

the first case is dat of didier drogba,the once mercurial forward in d days of guingamp and olympic marsielle holds a good record of bin one of d best defenders dis season, he has lost his scorin instinct and ball sense, (slyly good with offsides,flukish goals and handballs)goals scored are just as good as timothy anjembe or emeka ekueme of enyimba.ever since he got worn in 2 jose's style,he's gone from bad to worse.onli a change of environment would see him re-enact d old days.
second is my man, ruud, always prolific and dependable but the dark days seem to be settin in and its has given many a lot to say bt bid clubs still need him.
thirdly is shola ameobi,a one-time promisin star who has just refused to grow up, despite uncle shearer's limited options due to old age and injuries, he showed his stuff infront of goal.am reali sorry for shola<naija no want am again o!>
fernando morientes,seems to have lost a lot of potency and not just gud again.even in air,where he's most lethal,its bin a disappoinment.he's just 1 of the reasons why liverpool had early problems bfor stil-gud fowler came for rescue.

id will be partial if i dont mention a naive, an erratic and wasteful player in the name of djibril cisse, what he's doin i liverpool till 2day,nobodi knows, trust gerard houllier of lyon,he would have sent him parkin if he was stil dere.he's just good as an athlete nt a footballer.for liverpool to become a threat both domesticalli and internationalli, he must be the first to be shown the door.

milan baros, fearsome,quick witted,patriotic bt a mess in club football.thank God he won d champs lig wit the reds, he neva seemed to have seetled down since he came from banik ostrava years ago.but i bet u in the world cup, he'd stil shine
juan pablo angel,emile heskey,jose antonoi reyes are all fuckups dis season
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 4:23pm On May 09, 2006
topsydoo:

juan pablo angel,emile heskey,jose antonoi reyes are all fuckups this season

I agree with you on Drogba, he was so good in Marsielle.

He's not sharp in Chelsea but he's not bad afterall.

You better don't let Nairaland gunners see your comment on Reyes?
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by vichel(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2006
Numerouno:

Drogba can't be the worst sticker in the premiership with the likes of cisse, morientes, hesky and ameobi of newcastle all present.

what do u mean cisse was one of the worst strikers, do u realize that he score 9 goals in 11 premiership games. Or have u forgotten that he's wasn't really a first team player, every time that dude comes from the bench, he scores goals and creats lots of chances with his magnificent speed. I think cisse should be crowned the second best striker this season after the great thierry henry.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by twinstaiye(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2006
I beg to differ on Kanu, I wont like you people to wash him down like that, He is my idol and my role model any day anytime. The truth is, he belongs to a team with lots of bunch of inexperienced players. If you took time to watch Kanu play at WBA, you will noticed he is one hell of a skilful players, but he is a lone ranger in the midst of inexperienced players. His beautiful passes are almost wasted and he is not given a pointman striking role when it matters most. He is only given such role when his team are facing top team like chelsea, man utd or arsenal. So what do you expect of him? I put it to you that he is not a dissapointing striker.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 5:12pm On May 09, 2006
Akolawole:

You better don't let Nairaland gunners see your comment on Reyes?

i heard that,
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by enistory(m): 5:22pm On May 09, 2006
hi guys i am suprised hear that somebody talked about kanu as a dissapointing striker although he didnt score many goal this season he is d most experience playerin premirship,talking about Sir Didier Drogba it just happened every body knows he one of the best player when he wasat france he just lost form and besides i want u to notice that most of the players that came to chelsea at d same time with
him didnt perform well 4 u to know heis a great player.notice that
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by bami(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2006
didier drubbish certainly has no rival for the worst striker award
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Christino(m): 7:21pm On May 09, 2006
You guys are beating around the bush, what about Benjani Mwaruwari (1 goal in 16 games)? Where did you leave liverpool's strikers, with Gerrard topping the scoring chart.

How about Defoe. Take it or leave it, DROGBA is the best right now, next to Henry of course, check out his assists.

Aiyegbeni is both top scorer and assist for Boro. Those are players.

Reyes is top assist for Arsenal and Rooney for Man U.

If you yab Drogba and I get U, I go, no yan rubbish o if you no sabi football.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Nutter(m): 8:10pm On May 09, 2006
How anyone can put Reyes and Heskey in the same sentence with regard to strike quality I'd never know. angry

GOOO GUNNEEEERRRRRSSSSS!!!
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by 4Play(m): 8:14pm On May 09, 2006
Nwaruwari,Crouch,Defoe and Heskey
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by debosky(m): 8:18pm On May 09, 2006
Defoe played few games thats part of the reason he didn't score too many goals. Reyes as far as i'm concerned doesn't play as a striker, more like an attacking midfielder, he has the highest assists anyway plus 6 goals. that isn't fantastic, but its not bad. Drogba should take up pool diving, seems thats where his skills are, (i forgot to add acting). Morientes had a poor season, so did Heskey. Ameobi too messed up from most of the season, but started scoring at the end. what happened to Kevin Phillips? man that was a flop, so was Juan Angel. Not forgetting Albert Luque of newcastle.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2006
I am waiting for one day when Nairaland-gunners will criticize their own player.

They are all Silent on Reyes now.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by debosky(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2006
Akola i'm an arsenal fan, i don't have any problem's criticizing my players, gilberto had a rotten season till february when he got his act together, senderos too, striker wise, arsenal's strikers haven't done too badly van persie 11 goals (even with the 2 month layoff) adebayor started brightly but his last couple of games really sucked. Of course King Henry continues to show he is The Best player in the premiership.
Reyes has been more of a creator this season, but with the highest assists for arsenal, thats a good supporting striker if u ask me! not forgetting 6 goals of course
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by spikelord(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2006
Hey, You all are not talking about Crespo!
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 10:45pm On May 09, 2006
spikelord:

Hey, You all are not talking about Crespo!

I wonder why they hate Drogba o

debosky:

if u ask me! not forgetting 6 goals of course

Just 5 goals.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by debosky(m): 10:53pm On May 09, 2006
he scored 6 this season, one in the carling cup
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 11:01pm On May 09, 2006
debosky:

he scored 6 this season, one in the carling cup

5 premiership and 1 carling cup.

Too bad for "supporting striker" as well.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by sunny4all(m): 8:32am On May 10, 2006
DIDIE ;DR DROG angryBA
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2006
like i said, benjani is d worst, fowler has an even better strike rate,

i would not criticize reyes why? because he played as a midfielder 80% of the time,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? / How Uche Becomes Falcon's Perpetual Nkwocha! / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.