Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,333 members, 7,846,466 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Married And Mature Advice Pls - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married And Mature Advice Pls (3166 Views)

I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Please Nairalanders I Need Mature Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
chaircover:

For me, the major concern is why you are having so many arguments and why he is verbally abusive towards you. Now that to me is more important than getting him to marry you. Its the relationship that is sick and not the "I am not marrying you right now" and that is the priority. What is the point of getting married in january if God forbid you are going to go your separate ways in december?

You said it!!

jennykadry: It's not about making him marry her but her happiness. This woman is clearly unhappy but have chosen to keep the MRS title (or whenever he marries her).

Marry him in the registry if you like, my main question is, LOOK DEEP DOWN (sentiments aside) AND ASK YOURSELF : ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THIS MAN?

So did you!!
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by Doncolio(m): 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
dominique:

Oga, pls consult your dictionary and look up the meaning of couple and point out where it specifically states they have to be married.
Infact let me help you out

Couple (n)- Two people who are married,living together or having a sexual relationship.
Capish?

Madam, my concept of couple is married folks. Not minding my dictionary's expression of the word. Dnt really like cohabiting persons to refer to themselves as a couple. Bcoz reality is beyond the word. You get my drift? Coz I get urs.
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by dominique(f): 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
chaircover:

Generally speaking a number of Yoruba families do not collect a cash brideprice . ..or better said the husbands family do bring it, but the brides father returns it/does not take it/gives it back to the husband etc etc

The husbands family is still expected to bring the usual traditional wedding things such as yams etc and that is shared within the family

I am a freebie myself embarassed embarassed grin

Me too tongue I prefer the word priceless tho cool
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by dominique(f): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Doncolio:

Madam, my concept of couple is married folks. Not minding my dictionary's expression of the word. Dnt really like cohabiting persons to refer to themselves as a couple. Bcoz reality is beyond the word. You get my drift? Coz I get urs.

Yeah I do but regardless how you look at it, two people in a relationship are a couple weather or not they cohabit wink.
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by JoannaSedley(f): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=chaircover]

Generally speaking a number of Yoruba families do not collect a cash brideprice . ..or better said the husbands family do bring it, but the brides father returns it/does not take it/gives it back to the husband etc etc

The husbands family is still expected to bring the usual traditional wedding things such as yams etc and that is shared within the family

I am a freebie myself
hmmm, i was sold then. Cos they gave 2000 and my family gave back 1000.
Well, i believe the op should get out fast, since the bride price is cheap and the man still refuse to.
But, if a woman is worth it, i do not think any man will hesistate or even postpone to seal the deal.
op, i do not think you mean anything to this man.

1 Like

Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Jo

2000 $ or Naira? cheesy

Now that boggles mind why not Kuku take it all? grin

Anyways your quick deduction bout OP you don't know is shocking too, you just don't get it do you? The problem here is not the bride price and aso ebi but their rocky relationship they need to work on , the deed is already done , she can't kill the baby abi?

She brought her predicament because she's entangled about her decision. Pls advice constructively rather crying over spilled milk.
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by JoannaSedley(f): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
I don't think she has any predicament.(IMO)
She is either inside or outside, currently she is outside begging to enter the home of someone that have the potentials of an emotional abuser. Knowing how women behave, she's been drumming it into the man's ears consistently for ages and still the man refuse to budge.
@op,I wonder whether you will continue to beg him to marry you till infinity.
Give him space if he is not forthcoming, walk with your baby.

1 Like

Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
Your own opinion .Go help her pack with the baby then. undecided

1 Like

Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by bukatyne(f): 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
bukydiamon: pls help me get out of this mess.

i got pregnant in july, 2011. my husband to be came to meet my parent to pick a date when he and his family will come for the intro. after this, i got sick and was admitted for 2 months. i was later advised not to do any wedding until after delivery. i moved in with him afterwards and i'm still living with him as i write.after the naming of our child, i told my husband to go see my parents. he said i should give him time to gather some money b4 he will do that. my baby will be a yr this april and its still the same excuse. my problem now is, anytime we had aurguement, he will reign causes on me and tell me he is not sure he will ever get married to me.i dont blame him though cos i moved in with him. pls how do i make this man pay my bride price so that i can live with peace of mind with him. i thought of going back to my parent's house so that when he didn't see me, he will do the right thing. at the same time, i look back cos of my child. pls Nl. help me!

Hi Bukky (you are my namie smiley),

1 fact I am so sure is that 'there is nothing you can do to make anybody love/accept/pay your bride price/respect you'

A man that values a woman always chases her for marriage. It's a man that is eager to pay bride price etc etc. Your been hospitalized is NOT an excuse not to pay your bride price; I have actually never seen a bride present when the envelope is exchanging hands so to speak.

This man has proven (from your story) that he doesn't want you and love can't be forced. It's not cast in stone that you marry the father of your child. It's important and best but there are some exceptions in life. It might even be that God wants you to know whom you are dealing with before you tie the knot. You are still 100% free to pack your things and leave now. You have made no vow before God or man. There is nothing binding you both (apart from the child)

Deep down you know if the man hates you or is reacting to how you behave to him. You know if he was never into you and you thought that a 'baby' would make him love you more. If it's the former, please pack your things to the smallest pin and don't look back till you are 101% certain he has changed. If it's the latter, try to adjust and amend your ways.

God bless you.
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by vanitty: 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hmmm life is not usually black or white, there is always a shade of grey hanging about.

All relationships have ups and downs, Things are said doing argument that people tend to regret later. Not everyone is "perfect"
Please don't let us all be so quick to tell a lady to pack out of her child's father house. It easy? Poster needs to come and explain fully what the so called brideprice consists off. Do we know the stress the man is going through. Is the woman working etc? Could it be possible that wifey and hubby both needs re orientation?

The man had the intention of marrying her in the first place. Just a few words here and there does not mean the man does not love or want her.

You might want to repackage yourself. He probably thinks he has seen you all, "o ti ri e tan" hence the reason why he has no urge to do it legally. Repackage yourself. I don't know your background but most time, just a bit of re packaging is needed for the man to come back to his senses especially since he had the intention of marrying you before baby came along. He had the intention so he is not being "forced" to marry you.
Re: Married And Mature Advice Pls by princessmoi: 10:39am On Mar 25, 2013
Why don't you go back to your parents house? If he really loves you, he will come looking for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Fell-Off A Storey Building, Needs Your Prayer NOW! / My Wife Is Abusing Me. (help Me Thread) / Should A Wife Know How Much Is Her Husband's Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.