Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,697 members, 7,840,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? (1912 Views)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / The double standard displayed By Past. Lazarus Mouka's Lord's Chosen Ministry / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360: Obadiah777,

Don't misunderstand me. And you didn't answer my question still. I agree, events 'might' be SYMBOLIC. But how do you make out something being SYMBOLIC if actually IT NEVER HAPPENED AT ALL?
be like say you no read my post . make i recopy am for you chief

ok lets see. picture this. let me show you how the bible is written. i am about to let you in on how the scriptures is laid down.

SCENARIO - during the nigerian civil war, the biafrans wanted a seperate state and they fought nigeria for a long time but did not prevail and they eventually had to give up the plan to secede from nigeria. ok lets show you how the scriptures will put this monumental event down

AND JOSEPH GOT TIRED OF THE IMPOSING WAY OF HIS BROTHER JOSHUA AND REQUESTED A PARTING OF WAYS BUT JOSHUA SAID THAT IT WOULD BE TO THE BENEFIT OF THE FAMILY IF JOSEPH STAYED AT HOME. JOSEPH NOTWITSTANDING DISOBEYED JOSHUA AND COMMITTED TO LEAVING AND PACKED HIS BAGS BUT JOSHUA FORCIBLY RESTRAINED HIM AND JOSEPH ADMITTED TO THE STRENGTH AND CONVICTION OF JOSHUA AND DECIDED NOT TO LEAVE HOME.

now that story above is how a biblical prophet will hide the biafran war under a story between two brothers. this is how the bible is written. did the two brothers exist ? NO. <<<< did the event of the two brothers actually happen ? no
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
I read you well but your story and analysis doesn't parallel at all. Look at it this way, that is my question:

We can say Israel coming out of Egypt is symbolic of Christians coming out of the world BECAUSE THE ISRAEL-EGYPT EVENT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN HISTORY OR RECORDED IN SCRIPTURES.

For you to say, it didn't happen at all is what we question.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360: I read you well but your story and analysis doesn't parallel at all. Look at it this way, that is my question:

We can say Israel coming out of Egypt is symbolic of Christians coming out of the world BECAUSE THE ISRAEL-EGYPT EVENT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN HISTORY OR RECORDED IN SCRIPTURES.

i see where you err. you think for a story to be symbolic, it has to actually have happened. ok i will use a different word. 'allegoric'. with allegory you are simply representing one story with made up figurative story that didnt actually happen.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Who the hell told you lazaruz was re-tortured??.....you no see how lazarus himself dey happy when Jesus ressurect am??.......

Lazarus' family members were happy that lazarus was ressurected......infact Jesus removed the pains from the hearts of lazarus' loved ones by ressurecting lazarus.......I just don't know how you choose to establish rubbish from a good action that took place thousands of yrs ago....angry..........

Yes, dying is a form of torture. Well, anyone would be "happy" when their torture ends but that doesn't take away the fact nor the pain of the initial torture. Nor the fact that another torture, death, is a certainty.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by dorox(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann, your question would make no sense to you if you have ever suffered the pain of losing a brother or a sister or a spouse or parents to the heart wrenching coldness of death, at that point if it were possible most people would willingly trade their soul just to have their loved one back, even for a moment.
If there is any shred of human feeling left in you then it shouldn't be too hard for you to imagine how joyful lazarus and his family must have felt to be reunited again instead of your useless question about torture. Have you died before to know that we are tortured at death?

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2013
dorox: Alfamann, your question would make no sense to you if you have ever suffered the pain of losing a brother or a sister or a spouse or parents to the heart wrenching coldness of death, at that point if it were possible most people would willingly trade their soul just to have their loved one back, even for a moment.
If there is any shred of human feeling left in you then it shouldn't be too hard for you to imagine how joyful lazarus and his family must have felt to be reunited again instead of your useless question about torture. Have you died before to know that we are tortured at death?

Just listen to your choice of vocabulary and tell me how that is not torture? Infact the type of torture people would, according to you, give their soul for it to end. The worst type. Then imagine going through that twice because a god has no other less painful means of proving himself.

What is the point if that person is going to go through the same death again?
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Alfamann,its enuf cos u have no more reasonable point to back ursef up cos ur question has been answered.stop beign a confusionist.if christ hadnt raised lazarus,no one will believe in d resurrection on d last day.lazarus himself would be glad that even if he dies again christ would resurrect him,instead of ur stupid fear of second tortured.

THREAD CLOSED
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
Segeggs: Alfamann,its enuf cos u have no more reasonable point to back ursef up cos ur question has been answered.stop beign a confusionist.if christ hadnt raised lazarus,no one will believe in d resurrection on d last day.lazarus himself would be glad that even if he dies again christ would resurrect him,instead of ur stupid fear of second tortured.

THREAD CLOSED

first of all, you need to find out what killed lazarus the first time. i guess god did it in other to prove your point. After which he killed him again.

me fear jizz-us torture? hehe.

the more christians justify the sadism of their doctrins, the more stupid they sound.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by dorox(m): 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
Alfamann:

Just listen to your choice of vocabulary and tell me how that is not torture? Infact the type of torture people would, according to you, give their soul for it to end. The worst type. Then imagine going through that twice because a god has no other less painful means of proving himself.

What is the point if that person is going to go through the same death again?
Let me put it to you in a way that i am sure you will understand. I love everything about me life(family,friends,career and lots more)such that if i happen to die and later be raised by a man like Jesus, i will forever remain grateful to him for giving me the chance to raise up my child to adulthood, grow old with my lovely wife and just enjoy life to the full.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Goshen360: I read you well but your story and analysis doesn't parallel at all. Look at it this way, that is my question:

BRUV, IF YOU READ THE STORY, ITS AMAZING THAT A RIGHT THINKING PERSON WOULD THINK THIS IS A LITERAL ACCOUNT OF A GUY NAMED LAZARUS. OK LET ME PULL OUT SOME RIDICULOUS VERSES THAT MAKE YOU KNOW THIS IS A STORY TOLD TO ILLUSTRATE A SITUATION

'THE DOGS CAME AND LICKED HIS SORES' ? REALLY ? YOU THINK THIS IS A LITERAL ACCOUNT ? LOL OK ON TO THE NEXT RIDICULOUS PHRASE

'THE BEGGAR DIED AND WAS CARRIED INTO ABRAHAMS BOSOMS' ? REALLY ?

'IN HELL HE LIFTED UP HIS HEAD AND SAW ABRAHAM FAR OFF ' ? REALLY ? SO IN HELL YOU CAN SEE THOSE ENJOYING IN HEAVEN ? REALLY ?

'FATHER ABRAHAM HAVE MERCY ON ME AND SEND LAZARUS TO COOL MY TONGUE WITH WATER' ? REALLY ? PEOPLE HAVE THESE KIND OF CONVERSATIONS IN HELL WITH THOSE WHO ARE IN HEAVEN ? BEGGING THOSE IN HEAVEN TO BRING WATER FOR THEM ? REALLY ? PEOPLE HAVE THESE KIND OF CONVERSATIONS WHEN THEY ARE DEAD ? REALLY ?

LET ME JUST STOP HERE CUZ I CAN GO ON WITH HOW RIDICULOUS THE STORY IS IF TAKEN LITERAL. SOMEONE HAS TO BE A CRAZY PERSON NOT TO KNOW THAT THIS IS A PARABLE. IN FACT SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW THIS IS A PARABLE NEEDS TO EAT SOME MORE GREENS BECAUSE THEIR BRAIN POWER IS SORELY DEFICIENT. ( NOT REFERING TO YOU CUZ I KNOW YOU ARE PULLING MY LEG. SURELY YOU CANT THINK THIS IS A LITERAL STORY ? )

BROTHER MUSKEETO v I TROWAY SALUTE SIR

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Segeggs: Alfamann,its enuf cos u have no more reasonable point to back ursef up cos ur question has been answered.stop beign a confusionist.if christ hadnt raised lazarus,no one will believe in d resurrection on d last day.lazarus himself would be glad that even if he dies again christ would resurrect him,instead of ur stupid fear of second tortured.

THREAD CLOSED
Lazarus wasnt the first in the Bible to resurrect. Btw, a bit relevant to this discussion, what was the difference between the Saducees and Pharisees? His question is quite simple to answer, really... wink
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
dorox:
Let me put it to you in a way that i am sure you will understand. I love everything about me life(family,friends,career and lots more)such that if i happen to die and later be raised by a man like Jesus, i will forever remain grateful to him for giving me the chance to raise up my child to adulthood, grow old with my lovely wife and just enjoy life to the full.

Let me put it to you in a way that i am sure you will understand. I love everything about life(family,friends,career and lots more)such that if i happen to be killed by a most omnimpotent god and later be raised by a man like Jizz-Us, i will forever join his enemies and fight him hard so others don't go through the same torture. So that other lovely wives don't mourn their husbands for 4 days, and start all over again a few years later. So other children will not be traumatised for life by seeing the corpse of their dad for days and them seeing him walk again.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by ijawkid(m): 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
Alfamann:

Yes, dying is a form of torture. Well, anyone would be "happy" when their torture ends but that doesn't take away the fact nor the pain of the initial torture. Nor the fact that another torture, death, is a certainty.

You have no point my bro....if you've ever had one of your loved one ressurected from the dead even though you know he/she would still die again you won't put up this post...........

You know nothing about the joy associated with the ressurection of a loved one.....
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
Alfaman has no point. He's just got beef with GOD dats all.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by mbaemeka(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
Is Goshen still responding to Obadiah777?

Ah! That one is reading the bible written by Pope Francis na...haba!
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
ijawkid:

You have no point my bro....if you've ever had one of your loved one ressurected from the dead even though you know he/she would still die again you won't put up this post...........

You know nothing about the joy associated with the ressurection of a loved one.....

do you?

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by ichuka(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
Jhn11:21;Martha said,Lord,if you hadst been here,my brother had not died.our Lord replied Her saying;I am THE RESURRECTION and THE LIFE, (jhn11:25).meaning it's not a matter of time,whether,it's too early or too late ,it's a matter of HIM.if HE came five or three days eariler it would have been the same.now that HE's a few days late,it's still the same.

Here our Lord Jesus Christ reveals to His disciples and the world @large who HE actually IS.he's not limited by our Time and space,He's always on Time.whosoever Believes in Him,is no longer limited.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by seyibrown(f): 3:28am On Mar 25, 2013
obadiah777: http://www.godsplanforall.com/richmanandlazarus <<<< someone who gets the picture that it is not a literal account.

The Lazarus in the parable is not the same Lazarus who was Jesus' friend whom he raised from the dead. The parable was clearly identified as a parable and the resurrection was identified as an actual event! obadiah777, have you been mingling of late with those say Mary the mother Jesus was the Sister of Aaron the priest? You have been reading and translating the bible backwards more and more these days o!

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by seyibrown(f): 3:42am On Mar 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Alfamann:

do you?

I would give anything to have my maternal grandmother resurrected today and be with me for just one more day! My joy would know no bounds! cry

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Geewan(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2013
seyibrown:
have you been mingling of late with those say Mary the mother Jesus was the Sister of Aaron the priest? o!

And who are these people ma'am if I may ask?
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2013
seyibrown:

I would give anything to have my maternal grandmother resurrected today and be with me for just one more day! My joy would know no bounds! cry

so selfish. typical.

would your grandmother give everything to go through the pain of death twice?
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
Alfamann:

so selfish. typical.

your own grandmother would too,just to see ur face again(thats if she's dead).
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
Alfamann:

so selfish. typical.

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
Segeggs: your own grandmother would too,just to see ur face again(thats if she's dead).

no. thanks. she wouldn't.
our family are neither sadistic nor deluded.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
Alfamann:

no. thanks. she wouldn't.
our family are neither sadistic nor deluded.
is that all you know about them? Why do u think majority dont want to die?cos life is sweet. Resurection gives you a chance to undo ur errors,tell ur loved ones how much u love them,achieve what u never achieved etc. Death after all of that wont seem scary.

drop d argument man, u got no more point but a baseless beef with God.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
I will be glad if God use me to raise the dead anytime anyday grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? / Brethren, Help Me List Prayer Points That Move Heaven. / Catholic Priest Wakes Up From Coma After 17 Months, Converts To Isl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.