Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? (1904 Views)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / The double standard displayed By Past. Lazarus Mouka's Lord's Chosen Ministry / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
I mean the man went on to die again. This is pure turture.

After suffering and dying, people should be allowed to rest in peace. But somehow, jesus got it into his head that it is better to bring them back to life in order to suffer death a second time.

I guess none of you have died or knows what it feels to be dying. It is the worst experience anyone can have. How can a supposedly loving god be inflicting two deaths on one man? Just to show off? It is like torturing a child over and over again just to show you have power over him. It is wrong.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by braine(m): 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
You have a point. I never really thought about that.
I think its just to show the unbelievers how powerful Jesus is. I'll hang around for reasonable answers.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by jonaboy: 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
I am sure u should keep that question and ask Jesus christ on the last day since u muslims belief he is coming to justify islam as the right religion,untill then keep spitting your hate and blasphemy.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
jonaboy: I am sure u should keep that question and ask Jesus christ on the last day since u muslims belief he is coming to justify islam as the right religion,untill then keep spitting your hate and blasphemy.

I will pretend I didn't read this.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by plaetton: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann: I mean the man went on to die again. This is pure turture.

After suffering and dying, people should be allowed to rest in peace. But somehow, jesus got it into his head that it is better to bring them back to life in order to suffer death a second time.

I guess none of you have died or knows what it feels to be dying. It is the worst experience anyone can have. How can a supposedly loving god be inflicting two deaths on one man? Just to show off? It is like torturing a child over and over again just to show you have power over him. It is wrong.

Good question.
It makes no sense because it did not happen.
Read the scriptures carefully and what you see is an initiation ritual, wherein the initiate, Lazarus, dies a symbolic death in order to be resurrected by his master or guru , Jesus,. This ritual is usually designed and carried out at auspiciously designated astrological dates in order to attract specific cosmic radiations into the life of the born again initiate.
The initiate , after the resurrection, assumes a new name and a new identity to begin a new life.
That explains why the name Lazarus was never mentioned thereafter in the bible, because he was now living under a another name, most probably the disciple Simon.
This is from whence we get the term " being born again."
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by braine(m): 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
jonaboy: I am sure u should keep that question and ask Jesus christ on the last day since u muslims belief he is coming to justify islam as the right religion,untill then keep spitting your hate and blasphemy.

Who said anything about Islam here? Please park well. kiss
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by SIRcumalot: 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
Shows the awesomeness of God's power and gave lazarus popularity and ensured his named would stand the test of time to still be discussed till today a PR stunt many in the bible would kill for.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
Shows the awesomeness of God's power and gave lazarus popularity and ensured his named would stand the test of time to still be discussed till today a PR stunt many in the bible would kill for.

Exactly what I said. A show off. What type of god needs to torture his creations in order to show off?
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by SIRcumalot: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Waoh Don't quote out of context to understand this you have to read up on the lazarus story as I remember lazarus was sick one of sisters came to call jesus,he was busy and arrived late and lazarus was already dead and buried.since if jesus came on time it wouldn't have happened am sure he felt honour bound to resurrect him.this is my thought sha as am just a mere mortal I cannot understand the working of the mind of the almighty.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
If you're asking questions to mock, we'll leave you to yourself but if you're asking with the heart to learn and accept the truth, we will tell you the truth.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann: I mean the man went on to die again. This is pure turture.

its a parable.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
^ You don start again abi...did you read it was a parable. When parable are told, Christ always say it was parable. Where did you read Lazarus's case was a parable? Na so you dey do every Friday....you wan start again abi? grin

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360: ^ You don start again abi...did you read it was a parable. When parable are told, Christ always say it was parable. Where did you read Lazarus's case was a parable? Na so you dey do every Friday....you wan start again abi? grin
lol the last argument na you start am oo bros. you say i done dey yarn rubbish all through the thread. so me sef catch fire come throw am your way lol. i hope you were not offended. i was returning fire for fire. scripture do say it is a righteous thing to recompense those who trouble us 2 thessalonians 1 vs 6 grin grin

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+parable+of+lazarus&aq=f&oq=the+parable+of+lazarus&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.7065&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 <<< so many links to choose from. pick your choice
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by CarCam: 7:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
Alfamann:
Exactly what I said. A show off. What type of god needs to torture his creations in order to show off?
SIR cum a lot:
Waoh Don't quote out of context to understand this you have to read up on the lazarus story as I remember lazarus was sick one of sisters came to call jesus,he was busy and arrived late and lazarus was already dead and buried.since if jesus came on time it wouldn't have happened am sure he felt honour bound to resurrect him.this is my thought sha as am just a mere mortal I cannot understand the working of the mind of the almighty.

It had nothing to do with giving lazarus popularity or to ensure his name would stand the test of time to still be discussed till today

It has nothing to do with a PR stunt or showing off either.

Jesus deliberately waited for 4 days. This is important because Jews believed that the soul left the body after the third day.

At any rate, it was more a case of demonstrating that, as Lazarus was raised from the dead by Jesus, so will Jesus too, be raised from the dead after 3 days

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
@ Obadiah777,

Abeg comot for road joor. When did Wiki became your Bible interpreter? What happened to the Spirit of truth in you\us to help us interpret. I said, show us where it was stated that Lazurus' case was a parable? maybe with the phrase, "And he spake this parable unto them saying....". This phrase often introduces what is parable or not by the writers. Show us this in John 11 in the case of Lazarus.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by ijawkid(m): 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
Its like asking why a mechanic would revive a dead engine when he knows that in the long run that same engine would end up disintegrating(no machine can last forever).......

One good reason why Jesus ressurected lazaruz was to prove to many that he was from the living GOD ...........another reason was to give many a fore-glimpse of what he'll do in his kingdom.......

Chikena......

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid: Its like asking why a mechanic would revive a dead engine when he knows that in the long run that same engine would end up disintegrating(no machine can last forever).......

One good reason why Jesus ressurected lazaruz was to prove to many that he was from the living GOD ...........another reason was to give many a fore-glimpse of what he'll do in his kingdom.......

Chikena......

Indeed bro and also to show what will happen on the last day when at the voice of Jesus all the dead in Christ will rise from their graves.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360: @ Obadiah777,

Abeg comot for road joor. When did Wiki became your Bible interpreter? What happened to the Spirit of truth in you\us to help us interpret. I said, show us where it was stated that Lazurus' case was a parable? maybe with the phrase, "And he spake this parable unto them saying....". This phrase often introduces what is parable or not by the writers. Show us this in John 11 in the case of Lazarus.
but you do err bros. lazarus is job is daniel is israel. its an allegoric representation of the plight of israel. the rich man is the gentiles. the gentiles have all the riches while israel is under the deuteronomy curses in hell and poor and wretched.
romans 11 vs 12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? <<< gentiles got all the moola. what do israel got ?

zechariah 6 vs 6 The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country. the black horse is the control of the worlds resources. it goes to the north country which is the gentile nations. the grisled or pale horse go to the south country which is the home of the israelites. the pale horse is 'hell'

the poor man is israel and the rich man is the gentiles. judgement starts first with israel so they are poor first and tasting the fire. next it will be the turn of the gentiles
1 peter 4 vs 17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

<<< judgement started first with israel. this is why they are poor and wretched.

psalms 9 vs 17 The wicked shall be turned into sheol, and all the nations that forget God. <<< the judgement israel is going through which is why they are poor. they have been turned to hell. they got judged first wink

chief frosbel and emperor ijawkid. i troway salute like sergeant
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid: Its like asking why a mechanic would revive a dead engine when he knows that in the long run that same engine would end up disintegrating(no machine can last forever).......

Chikena......

frosbel:

Indeed bro and also to show what will happen on the last day when at the voice of Jesus all the dead in Christ will rise from their graves.

and I ENDORSE this TRUTH.....and adding the words of the Master,

New Living Translation (©2007)
Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
@ Obadiah777,

I don't like quoting all your writings. Are you saying the event of Lazarus didn't happen literally as a miracle?
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360: @ Obadiah777,

I don't like quoting all your writings. Are you saying the event of Lazarus didn't happen literally as a miracle?
did not happen at all. its a symbolic story
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2013

Chikena......

Except engines don't have feelings. They are machines. They don't suffer pain and agony of death. Their families don't have to mourn them twice.

Why retorture people to prove a useless point? If that is how his kingdom is going to be, then people should be really afraid.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
obadiah777:

did not happen at all. its a symbolic story

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

43When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” John 11

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Alfamann: 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360: If you're asking questions to mock, we'll leave you to yourself but if you're asking with the heart to learn and accept the truth, we will tell you the truth.

Why do you feel mocked whenever an aspect of your religion is questionned? You are showing some traits of insecurity in your belief. Stop bothering about my intentions and try to answer the question. Your answer might have a good effect and enlighten someone else even if I intended mockery.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

43When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” John 11
but you err. that will be the resurgence and re-emergence of israel from poverty and hell to ownership and rulership of the world again when christ returns . DANIEL 7 VS 18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever

one thing you gone find out is that almost all biblical tales are allegorical and symbolic. the bible aint the story of individuals. no human is that important to be focused in the bible
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
http://www.godsplanforall.com/richmanandlazarus <<<< someone who gets the picture that it is not a literal account.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
obadiah777: but you err. that will be the resurgence and re-emergence of israel from poverty and hell to ownership and rulership of the world again when christ returns . DANIEL 7 VS 18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever

one thing you gone find out is that almost all biblical tales are allegorical and symbolic. the bible aint the story of individuals. no human is that important to be focused in the bible

There is difference between IT DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL and IT IS SYMBOLIC. I do understand and do not err as per being SYMBOLIC but that it DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL is complete FALSEHOOD.

Question: If it DIDN'T happen at all, how does WHAT DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL then becomes SYMBOLIC
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by ijawkid(m): 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann:

Except engines don't have feelings. They are machines. They don't suffer pain and agony of death. Their families don't have to mourn them twice.

Why retorture people to prove a useless point? If that is how his kingdom is going to be, then people should be really afraid.

Who the hell told you lazaruz was re-tortured??.....you no see how lazarus himself dey happy when Jesus ressurect am??.......

Lazarus' family members were happy that lazarus was ressurected......infact Jesus removed the pains from the hearts of lazarus' loved ones by ressurecting lazarus.......I just don't know how you choose to establish rubbish from a good action that took place thousands of yrs ago....angry..........

1 Like

Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by ijawkid(m): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
@goshen and buzugee....ona don start??.....

I dey go call mopol for ona...grin
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goshen360:

There is difference between IT DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL and IT IS SYMBOLIC. I do understand and do not err as per being SYMBOLIC but that it DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL is complete FALSEHOOD.

Question: If it DIDN'T happen at all, how does WHAT DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL then becomes SYMBOLIC
ok lets see. picture this. let me show you how the bible is written. i am about to let you in on how the scriptures is laid down.

SCENARIO - during the nigerian civil war, the biafrans wanted a seperate state and they fought nigeria for a long time but did not prevail and they eventually had to give up the plan to secede from nigeria. ok lets show you how the scriptures will put this monumental event down

AND JOSEPH GOT TIRED OF THE IMPOSING WAY OF HIS BROTHER JOSHUA AND REQUESTED A PARTING OF WAYS BUT JOSHUA SAID THAT IT WOULD BE TO THE BENEFIT OF THE FAMILY IF JOSEPH STAYED AT HOME. JOSEPH NOTWITSTANDING DISOBEYED JOSHUA AND COMMITTED TO LEAVING AND PACKED HIS BAGS BUT JOSHUA FORCIBLY RESTRAINED HIM AND JOSEPH ADMITTED TO THE STRENGTH AND CONVICTION OF JOSHUA AND DECIDED NOT TO LEAVE HOME.

now that story above is how a biblical prophet will hide the biafran war under a story between two brothers. this is how the bible is written. did the two brothers exist ? NO.
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid: @goshen and buzugee....ona don start??.....

I dey go call mopol for ona...grin
lol i actually enjoy sparring with goshen. he has staying power. plus the best arguments you can have is with someone who has strong convictions. hey scripture do say 'debate thy cause with thy neighbor' wink
Re: What Was The Point Of Raising Lazarus From Death? by Goshen360(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Obadiah777,

Don't misunderstand me. And you didn't answer my question still. I agree, events 'might' be SYMBOLIC. But how do you make out something being SYMBOLIC if actually IT NEVER HAPPENED AT ALL?

(1) (2) (Reply)

BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus / The Genuin Gift Of Tongue / Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.