Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu (750 Views)

DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits / Lagos International Trade Fair 2015 / Agro Allied Stands At Abuja Trade Fair in pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu by soma042(m): 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
A fight erupted inside the ongoing 24th international tread fair in enugu today, between the traders and the enugu state chambers of commerce .
The traders who angrily storm inside the chambers office demanding the refund of their money for low patronage from the public which should be blame on the part of the organizers of the fair .
speaking with one of the shop owner at the fair, she complained bitterly that the organizers collected half a million for just a little space inside the fair complex but have not made up to 5 sale since the the beginning of the fair, and today is day 8 remaining 2 days to go.
The rest of the traders was also complaining about same low patronage,poor organisation, location of the fair, and also the gate fee was high 150 naira for both the young and old .[b][/b]
At this point, the cloud demanded that the police should bring out the chairman out who has been hidden since the trouble started , and also that the gate fee should be made free for the rest of the days.
when i decided to take a work myself i found out that truly the fair is empty for real. it was only innoson that showed up among the big companies we have

soma reporting from enugu
Re: Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu by Inik(m): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Wrong organization and poor publicity. There shouldn"t be a gate fee for trade fair
Re: Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu by soma042(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
Inik: Wrong organization and poor publicity. There shouldn"t be a gate fee for trade fair

150 naila for your little kids is cool? even if they 5 altogether
Re: Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu by Rocktation(f): 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
People did not really want to buy anything. Simple. Cos 150 bucks is not enough to make one overlook the absurdly cheap stuff from trade fair.
But again, the organisers must be mad.
I never attended any trade fair that I've had to pay gate fees before.
Re: Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu by feminancy(m): 12:23am On Mar 23, 2013
Rocktation: People did not really want to buy anything. Simple. Cos 150 bucks is not enough to make one overlook the absurdly cheap stuff from trade fair.
But again, the organisers must be mad.
I never attended any trade fair that I've had to pay gate fees before.

really mad.
I just pity those who paid such a huge money to get a stand at the complex without recovering their capital.
Re: Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu by doctokwus: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
Wrong.Lagos international trade fair has always charged a gate fee,d enugu one too is not new.D problem is d lack of adequate publicity and proper arrangement frm d organisers coupled wt d exorbitant cost of a stand.Half a million for a stand in a trade fair organised in a largely civil servant occupied city is bankruptcy.D timing too is poor,3wk of d mth wen salaries are still being expected& d one for d last month most times exhausted,is just d wrong time to expect anybody to spend,not minding d forthcoming easter
Re: Traders Fight At Trade Fair In Enugu by Trut(m): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
This year Trade Fair is weird because of the location. I went their on sunday with my gf and we paid N150 each for gate fee. When we get inside, we didn't buy anything because no attractive goods to buy.

(1) (Reply)

AGO Supply In Port-harcourt! / Make N1000 Naira Selling Wat U Gat(best (9ja Online Biz) / Lists Of Largest Forums Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.