Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits (31489 Views)

How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? / Diamondbank May Be Bankrupt; Disengages 400staffers Cannot Affort To Payentitles / How Diamondbank Stole My #20,000 Via ATM Debit (2) (3) (4)

DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Adesiji77: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2016
A marketer with Diamond Bank Plc, Okota branch, Lagos, who reportedly fled with a sum of N309,000 collected as deposits from traders, has been arrested by the police.

The bank had contracted the suspect, Isiaka Abiodun, from Strategic Outsourcing Limited in the Lekki area of the state in 2013.

It was learnt that Abiodun had collected the sum from one Mrs. Nneka Eze, a trader in Lekki, and two others, identified only as Ebulu and Chidera.

PUNCH Metro, however, gathered that only Eze, whose deposit was N300,000, had approached the bank on the alleged fraud.

Our correspondent was told that the 28-year-old suspect had obtained the sum from the traders sometime in July 2015, but disappeared from the bank in November, when the fraud was discovered.

The bank was said to have reported the crime to the company through which Abiodun was employed. It was learnt that the chief security officer of the firm consequently reported the case at the Ajah Police Division.

The police said the suspect was later tracked down to his house on March 7, 2016.

But in his statement to the police, Abiodun said he used the money to pay the medical bill of his mother who had a stroke. He said he intended to refund the money piecemeal from his salaries, adding that he had repaid N50,000.

He said, “I am a contract worker with the bank and I have been working there for three years. It is true that I collected N309,000 from the bank customers. But I used the money to treat my mother who had a stroke. I travelled in November to attend to her. I have paid N50,000 to the bank. I intend to pay the balance in instalment from my salary.”

A police prosecutor, Inspector I. Okeke, brought the suspect before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court on Monday on one count of stealing.

Okeke told the court that the defendant had confessed to the offence, which is punishable under Section 285 (7) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

The charge read, “That you, Isiaka Abiodun (28), sometime in July, 2015 at Diamond Bank, Okota branch, Okota, in the Lagos Magisterial District, being a marketer attached to the bank from Strategic Outsourcing Limited, Southern View Estate, Lekki, Lagos, did steal a sum of N309,000 given to you for saving, being property of one Mrs. Nneka Eze, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 285 (7) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.”

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the count and elected summary trial.

He was granted bail by the presiding magistrate, Mr. A. Adefulire, in the sum of N400,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The magistrate added that the sureties must tender evidence of tax payments and details of their residential addresses to the court for verification.

The case was adjourned till April 20, 2016.
Tinubu Magistrates’ Court

http://www.punchng.com/bank-marketer-flees-with-lagos-traders-deposits/
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2016
Hmmmm

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by uboma(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2016
Abiodun did wrong to have tampered with the clients money. He deserves to be punished.

It is high time the bank industry too reviews its policy on hiring contract staff. Imagine having worked with the bank for 3 years as contract staff with no career and personal development whatsoever.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Elzends(m): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari sef undecided
With an economy like this, wat did you expect, even gala don dey sell 4 #60 angry......... The guy should be punished tho

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Bsc(m): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hmmmm u go thief moni wey no fit ruins visa to dubai...if u want to thief , thief big ... Do Visa run ...when u make it, come bk and pay the person 3ple times.. Mumu

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by hazyfm1: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
SEE GOBE'

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by helphelp: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
How much be the guy salary?
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Nathdoug(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bad market. 4 d guy...its dougi

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by amdoyin82(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Diamond bank itself na one yeye useless bank. I hate dem wit passion.

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by drizslim(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Akawo people don come bk again

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by gungab(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
eyah I nearly made ftc
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by tahir01(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
EYAH!

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by wilcox(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Not good for his career
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by MzMercie: 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Eyah, poverty at work
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by macaranta(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
A sympathetic story...but that judge sha..400k bail? grin

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by MCMXCVIII(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
See how he disgraced Nigeria Association Of Thiefs(NAT) Lagos branch..

MUMU

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by 9jatatafo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
I see modern banking job as new era slavery

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by tuna4servi(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
Sharp guy
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by TaiKuun(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
The last eight people above me have no sense

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Critiqual(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
Chai! #309,000 only??

Some pple don mad o... Na small moni b dat nau.

Biko who read am finish?

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
It was learnt that [size=16pt]"Abiodun"[/size] had collected the sum from one Mrs. Nneka Eze, a trader in lekki, and two others, identified as Ebulu & Chidera..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Siberia101: 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Sorry bro
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by bonganee: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
The money small ooo

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by richidinho(m): 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
ghen ghen

Tinubu Magistrate Court? shocked shocked shocked
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by rawtouch: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
No one can be trusted anymore
Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by RedCapChief(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nigeria is not for the poor man.

Alex Badeh is accused of stealing 3.9 billion naira. Court sets bail at 2 billion naira.
Raymond Dokpesi is accused of stealing 2.1 billion naira. Court sets bail at 400million naira.
Attahiru Bafarawa is accused of stealing 4.6 billion naira. Court sets bail at 250 million naira.

Poor man turn, ghen ghen
Isiaka Abiodun has confessed to stealing 309,000 naira. Court sets bail at 400,000 naira

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by knightsTempler: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2016
Can you imagine ?

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Gbadeade(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
Elzends:
Buhari sef undecided
what has he [buhari] got to do with dis

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by aameyah(f): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
MzMercie:
Eyah, poverty at work. He should av asked for loan na, it wud av saved him from dis disgrace

You obviously don't know how loans work/ are disbursed.

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by Critiqual(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
MCMXCVIII:
See how he disgraced Nigeria Association Of Thiefs(NAT) Lagos branch..

MUMU

ahahahahaha wayray!

Re: DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits by NobleAngell(f): 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
'Runs Away'? Now this is just too funny. Cant stop laffin. Op u should've used another word, but 'runs away' sounds very funny.
Now back to the topic, I don't blame him. The hustle is real mehn.

Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount / Throwback Photo Of Billionaire Femi Otedola And His Daughters / 100TPD Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory; A Project I Got From Nairaland (Photo