Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ (798 Views)

Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser / Test Your IQ / Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ by Inova(m): 1:16am On Mar 23, 2013
I have an above average IQ so I'd say I'm very intelligent. Now where the problem lies is that I just can't seem to win a single game of chess. As chess requires that you have a good decisive mind and strategy, does dat mean I'm a dull and unintelligent person? Nairalanders I need your candid opinion on this
Re: How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ by Inova(m): 1:18am On Mar 23, 2013
Hmmm. Just lost another game of chess. Walahi I no dey play dis game again jor
Re: How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ by Walexz02(m): 3:54am On Mar 23, 2013
Na who tell u say ur IQ reach above average b4?
Re: How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ by FXKing2012(m): 6:16am On Mar 23, 2013
Inova: Now where the problem lies is that I just can't seem to win a single game of chess. As chess requires that you have a good decisive mind and strategy, does dat mean I'm a dull and unintelligent person?
Yes!
Re: How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ by Inova(m): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2013
Walexz02: Na who tell u say ur IQ reach above average b4?
Definition of candid: frank, honest.
Now if this is the best you can do as a honest opinion,I would say you are not the person I need on this thread. IQ (Intelligence Quotient) is not an assertion by mouth. It is measurable. I suggest you find out how to assess you IQ and know your true IQ rather than come here talking anyhow.
If you were Intelligent you would hv addressed the issue rather than deviate
Have a lovely day my brother
Re: How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ by FXKing2012(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2013
^^^^ I'm a chess tournament player, so when it comes to chess I've gone far. I have literatures on chess and when you go through them you will discover all International Masters and Grand Masters are very very intelligent - there is a very close correlation between success at chess and intelligence.

You have to be very intelligent to understand the thinking behind the different chess opening variations and being able to extrapolate your opponents move even up to seven moves ahead.
Re: How Does Playing Chess Affect One's IQ by FXKing2012(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
^^^^ I think what you really need is more practice. With all the intelligence in the world, wuthout adequate training and practice, you will only end up a below par chess player.

You could practise online or you get chess software if there is no one to play with.

(1) (Reply)

Most Likes Wins!! / Nairalanders What Would You Do If You Were The Husband? / Real And Genue Property In Lagos ( Feel Free To Read And Call )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.