Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. (1204 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Why Rebellious Kids Make More Money Later In Life - see reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by kimba(m): 7:11pm On May 08, 2006
A Wife or the Mother of your Kids, A Husband or the Father of your kids

I was on a journey, sat beside a guy in the bus, and we soon struck up a conversation. First started with Police collecting 20Naira on the road, then proceeded to the woeful state of Nigerian Academic institutions, then to the ups and downs of finding a carrer and lastly on the finding a "good wife" issue.

We discussed a lot, and part/the major of what we discussed was after he put a question to me as a guy, which I answered, and I just felt I should share/put the question to NLs and see what you would say.

It goes like this:
As a man:
The dream of every man is be successful: career and family-wise. For everything to be well-rounded, he'll want to have 2-sides of the same coin:
1)He wants a wife who is loving,caring, humble, respective, virtuous, fun to be with,, etc.who possesses all the qualities he desires in a WIFE.
2) He would love to raise up a family with his wife, and kids(beautiful girl/girls, handsome boy/boys).

As a woman:
The dream of every woman is be successful: career and family-wise. For everything to be well-rounded, she'll want to have 2-sides of the same coin:
1) A good husband who protects her, loves her,cares about her, is humble, respective, virtuous, someone who is all she wanted, etc.
2) He would love to raise up a family with his wife, and kids(beautiful girl/girls, handsome boy/boys).

then he goes: If the "circumstances of life" are to totally prevent a man realizing #1 and #2, where (circumstances of life) could be everything that could hinder #1 and #2 to co-exist together, which would I choose of the two.

I thought within myself for like 3mins, and reply, I would choose #1.
My reasons: As much as #2 would bring its own fulfilment, ive always believed in a happily married man, that I coudn't imagine myself single at 60, that i would want to share my heart and life with someone really special, and that companionship comes before procreation, and that lastly, in todays world, a whole lot of ways are possible to realize #2.

He told me he would choose #2,stating his own reasons: its hard to find a trustworthy woman nowadays as wife, its easy that way for finance management, no need for inlaw palavers, he would still stay hot and available for the "fun-loving girls" etc.

so guys and gals, which would you choose, if you were to make a choice, between #1/#2 and not both.

pls dont divert from the topic. thanks
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by Seun(m): 8:49pm On May 08, 2006
If the woman of my dreams is incapable of bearing children, that would not hinder the marriage. I guess that means I choose option 1.

This is the 21st century for goodness' sake! You can always get a surrogate mother or sperm donor if your life partner is incapable, or adopt. Everyone should choose option 1.
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by LadyB(f): 3:58am On May 09, 2006
in any sucessful marriage there must first be option 1 before the proceed to option2. option 1 is the foundation.
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by kimba(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2006
in any sucessful marriage there must first be option 1,
good smiley smiley

wheres everyone?
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by LadyB(f): 4:01pm On May 09, 2006
:d
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by kajad(m): 4:24pm On May 09, 2006
Option 1 is best, but in Africa option 2 is optimal!
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by Seun(m): 8:35pm On May 09, 2006
I must add that the probability that I'll find a woman to fit option 1 is quite low. In that case I might be stuck with option 2. Yay!
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by eveseh(f): 9:44pm On May 10, 2006
mother of my kids
Re: A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. by mukina2: 9:47pm On May 10, 2006
depends cuz most mother of kids can be undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
well if i was a man i'll choose carefully so as not to dig ma own livivg grave

(1) (Reply)

If You Wake Up One Morning And Your Wifes Tells You That Your Children Do Not Be / Multi-wife Family / What Was Your Parents Instrument Of Choice For Disciplining You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.