Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom (22408 Views)

How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Yr Old Delta King / Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by RandomAfricanAm: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
Time out: (I have a question)
I've been out of the loop for awhile but it seems something in the air has changed. I remember when this first started we were talking about(as in most cultural topic) general information for the sake of knowledge. There seems to be a hint of politics shoved into the fray were people "got something to prove" to some other person.

Am I missing something or what?
Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Wulfruna(f): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: Time out: (I have a question)
I've been out of the loop for awhile but it seems something in the air has changed. I remember when this first started we were talking about(as in most cultural topic) general information for the sake of knowledge. There seems to be a hint of politics shoved into the fray were people "got something to prove" to some other person.

Am I missing something or what?

i noticed that too, bruv! grin Been following thread. Enjoying all the stuff about a fascinating Central African kingdom.... Then suddenly it was all about slave statistics and which Diasporic Black looks 'Angolan/Kongolese'

Lovely thread messed up! angry

1 Like

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by RandomAfricanAm: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wulfruna:

i noticed that too, bruv! grin Been following thread. Enjoying all the stuff about a fascinating Central African kingdom.... Then suddenly it was all about slave statistics and which Diasporic Black looks 'Angolan/Kongolese'

Lovely thread messed up! angry

Thank you! I'm sitting here reading old ethnography books and came across old congo info I could possible put down in this thread.
When I come here I'm like wait a min(sniff sniff hmm) ...WTF the deal!

Who dropped a dooky in here? angry
Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Wulfruna(f): 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
LOL! Drop the info, anyway. I've been here all day looking for something actually 'cultural' to read. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Are These Yorubas? / Okwu Ntabi Ile / Any Regret Not Knowing How To Speak Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.