Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

A Thread For Winners Of Nairalands Web Design Contest - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Thread For Winners Of Nairalands Web Design Contest (496 Views)

[deleted] / Web Design Contest- Fuoye Offers N100,000 In Total Reward For Foss Site / What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Winners Of Nairalands Web Design Contest by Techwriter: 1:26am On Mar 24, 2013
The web design and internet at large is an emerging industry in Nigeria and Nairaland should be commended for being at the forefront of projecting it. The last design contest in which 23 winners emerged is a welcome development but beyond that I believe its high time those in the field define minimum standards that should guide practice. Its obvious that the Internet will dominate business issues in the near future so why not brainstorm on the way forward. If you go to CAC for instance to register some professional based fields they will ask you 4 certain criteria but every Tom and harry can go there and apply for web designing and no one gives a hoot with wether he can do it before issuing him CAC certificate. They arre the ones that fill Lagos streets with posters that design websites for 5k

My question is what can we do to make the industry a respectable reputable one
Re: A Thread For Winners Of Nairalands Web Design Contest by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 25, 2013
Nice one, bro.

One of the problems we are currently facing is that the Nigerian community is still yet to appreciate the beauty/importance of owning a website. Seeing some government websites pisses me off at times due to the mannerism of approach they give to it [Poor design, lack of constant update, e.t.c.].

A lot really needs to be done, my brother!

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of An S.M.F Manual Or Guide. / I Want To B A Computer Programmer, Networker, Web Designer And A Blogger Before / Wordpress Facing Serious Hack Attempts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.