Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? (1763 Views)

Gtbank Mastercard Debitcard With Facebook Ads and Google Ads / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by webplay: 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
I just noticed i havent seen any google ad on NL for sometime now, there's none even on the homepage, except the jobberman ad which i dont think
is streamed by Google ads. Is NL looking to handle its own advertising now?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by webplay: 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2012
Any update?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by cyberteam: 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2012
webplay: Any update?

dont know but i am

Selling google adsense account 3$ money on it and 1000+ Page impression in 4$ liberty reserve
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by hostingnaija: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
cyberteam:

dont know but i am

Selling google adsense account 3$ money on it and 1000+ Page impression in 4$ liberty reserve

You must have misunderstood the question asked by webplay, as buying an adsense account was not his intention.
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by pneumaticos(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
How much do u intend seling it
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by mrkels(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2012
I have one with 30 dollars in it o. Who wants to buy?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by kentochdis(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
I was also wondering about the missing Google ads, also jobberman ad below is definitely not a Google Ad.
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by pneumaticos(m): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
mrkels: I have one with 30 dollars in it o. Who wants to buy?
name ur price
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
Google has strict ethics. Nairaland may have deliberately or indeliberately run afoul to their terms and conditions. Just a guess undecided
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by mrkels(m): 2:25am On Sep 09, 2012
pneumaticos: name ur price
$100 sharply grin
PS-No jokes,contact me asap
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by webplay: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2012
Una be fool: Google has strict ethics. Nairaland may have deliberately or indeliberately run afoul to their terms and conditions. Just a guess undecided

I doubt that. I mean NL is an adsense partner, and as such, cannot have its account suspended just like that.
Guess He's doing his own ads nw...Maybe we will soon be seeing a NL AD Network.
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by Widow(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
I'm watching this thread,
If mighty nairaland can be suspended, I will be interested in the reasons,
If nairaland dumps adsense, I will be interested too.
Whichever way, I intend to learn something new.
How come this thread is attracting few comments, considering the
fact that this is a topic that should concern most webmasters. angry
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by pneumaticos(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
seems nl still have the mobile version of google ads on it..i saw ads on mobile everyday
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by ponana(m): 7:54am On Sep 10, 2012
How much does Seun charge for ads ?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by kentochdis(m): 5:59am On Sep 17, 2012
This is a great news, I just saw nairaland notification about placing ads on nairaland. Good show, for proudly naija products. Please, has anyone figured out the advert rates?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by webplay: 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
Wow...NL ads are now live.
Nice one. But is NL off Adsense for good?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by auwal87(m): 12:40am On Sep 19, 2012
The screenshot below should answer OP's question

Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by webplay: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
Link pls, if you dont mind...
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by news9ja: 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
For the avoidance of doubt, Google hasn't suspended Nairaland in anyway.

To Prove this, Right under Nairaland Header, you still have Google Custom search. If a site is banned or suspended by Google, none of Google's AdSense features works on such site..

Seun is probaly learning how to make 10times what Google can offer. Nothing pays more than being a 1st party publisher than a 3rd-party publisher
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by miracle4(m): 2:54am On Sep 26, 2012
auwal87: The screenshot below should answer OP's question
you must be very funny aren't you still seeing ads when you make a search via nairaland custom search bar?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by auwal87(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2012
miracle4: you must be very funny aren't you still seeing ads when you make a search via nairaland custom search bar?
Oh right?

You don't need Adsense to create google custom search engine for your website. They will add ads to the result even if you are not on adsense, just like they do on their own site. Whether NL is banned or not, what do I stand to benefit by saying it is banned? After all it is a query that lead to the result, not my own opinion.

To create your own Google Custom Search Engine go to http://www.google.com/cse/
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by webplay: 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
news9ja: For the avoidance of doubt, Google hasn't suspended Nairaland in anyway.

Seun is probaly learning how to make 10times what Google can offer. Nothing pays more than being a 1st party publisher than a 3rd-party publisher

My tots exactly.
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1049481/placing-adverts-nairaland

Seun:
Dear Sirs & Madams,

There are 10 advert slots on Nairaland. Each advert slot costs ₦10,000 per day.
The ads on these slots will be shown on every public post/topic page on Nairaland.

For each slot, we will require up to 4 full-color banners 154 pixels wide and
95 pixels tall, in the PNG format, and a web page that each one should link to.

If you need help with designing suitable ads, this thread might interest you:
https://www.nairaland.com/1054718/results-web-banner-design-contest

When you're ready to place your ad, please send an e-mail to
(cc: nairaland@gmail.com) indicating:
1) Your real name, phone number, company name (if applicable), and website.
2) The name and description of the products and services you want to advertise.
3) The number of ad slots you'd like to buy and for how long.

Thanks for your interest in advertising on Nairaland.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun:
We're not abandoning Adsense completely, but for now we want to run with this new approach and see where it takes us

https://www.nairaland.com/1054718/results-web-banner-design-contest
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by debosky(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
100k per day from advertising on nairaland??

Seun is raking in the money big time! grin

Semidee abi you sef dey collect cut? Abeg settle your bro abeg. grin
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by omotayokay: 1:14am On Sep 27, 2012
debosky: 100k per day from advertising on nairaland grin
indeed, here is Naira# land!

Are happy now?
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2012
debosky: 100k per day from advertising on nairaland??

Seun is raking in the money big time! grin

Semidee abi you sef dey collect cut? Abeg settle your bro abeg. grin

Debo, garri don spoil your eye. Look well, na N10,000/day (Ten Thousand Naira) not N100,000 tongue

Me thinks it's a fair price. As per the settlement level, I go see you for area wink
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2012
Adverting on a website like nairaland with just #10,000/day is wholly ludicrous & absurd! shocked .Now do the maths! #10,000 x 30= #300,000 per month for one advert slot and that is a division of 2 of the least amount which an advert slot should cost. But #300,000 x 10 ad slots= #3,000,000 per month grin that is huge ooo. That is the total amount(#3 million) the owner plans receiving per month as revenue from this website when adverts bookings get more traffic.

But no doubt, when bigger companies start pleading for advert slots, the price will jump to #50,000/day.i.e estimately #15,000,000 as monthly revenue shocked.. It no big deal though cos that's the cash amount I plan collecting on daily basis in 5 years time when I finish the purchase of Dangote cement and globalcom grin
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by zangiff(m): 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
See level, dis one na another level for nairaland boss
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by debosky(m): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Debo, garri don spoil your eye. Look well, na N10,000/day (Ten Thousand Naira) not N100,000 tongue

Me thinks it's a fair price. As per the settlement level, I go see you for area wink

Bros na 10 ads now? 10X10,000 no be 100k again? I never forget wetin Uncle Fred teach us oh. cheesy

Abeg when we go jam for area? I need cash abeg. grin
Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by akraym(m): 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
As Nairalander, Seun suppose reduce money if we want do advert

http:///caae8xf

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nairalands' Google Ads? by pneumaticos(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
akraym: As Nairalander, Seun suppose reduce money if we want do advert

http:///caae8xf

dead link

(1) (Reply)

10,000 Real Traffic To Your Blog/website Everyday / How To Know How Many People That Click On The Links You Shared On Facebook / PDF Expert 2.4.23 Serial Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.