Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Happy Palm Sunday - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Palm Sunday (5962 Views)

The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday / ***happy Palm Sunday*** / Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Palm Sunday by talkryte(f): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
The essence of Palm Sunday in modern times is reflected in Mark 11:1-3 -"As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 3 If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.’”

Jesus Christ was never after worldly possessions. He borrowed only when needed for the gospel else we would have heard of the mansions, boats, horses and clothes he acquired. He lived amongst the people regardless of class. Our extravagant religious leaders need to imbibe this conduct of Christ. This is the much I can say for now.

“Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
Re: Happy Palm Sunday by nodullin(m): 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hey!!!
#Tot I was gonna b d 1st to comment# lol!!

Happi holy week in advance dear Eby!!! #uknwurself#

1 Like

Re: Happy Palm Sunday by Livinusc(m): 7:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Happy Palm Sunday.
Hossanah! Hossanah! Hosannah!
Welcome Jesus, the King of Kings.
Hossanah in d highest Blessed is he who comes in d name of Jesus...Hossanah in d highest
Re: Happy Palm Sunday by naptu2: 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ama28:

One of the inherent beauty of human nature is our ability to perceive the same experience and event differently and that is why we have opinions and belief systems that differs.

We acquire education, not to make noise but to be able to read and understand people other than ourselves. If you do not believe in a thing, it does not make it non existent nor void.

Ranting and calling names on social media is not communication remember. Your smart so I assume you understand my line here, the difference between your comments and activism of boko haram members is just a thin line.
Mr don't shove your believe down our throat! Respect ours!

Ok let the rattling begin!!!!

+100

3 Likes

Re: Happy Palm Sunday by adaybayor(m): 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
nbright: Where is that dude that said muslims don't derail/insult on Christian threads?..

What's the insult in what he said?
Re: Happy Palm Sunday by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
Dawdy: The truth that is undiluted is that Jesus A propet amongs the prophets of God never died for any one's sin. everybody will be held responsible for wha they did on the day of judgement.

Since he died for our sins and paid our debts, i guess there is no hell grin
Re: Happy Palm Sunday by BetaThings: 1:25am On Mar 25, 2013
Dawdy: The truth that is undiluted is that Jesus A propet amongs the prophets of God never died for any one's sin. everybody will be held responsible for wha they did on the day of judgement.

This is not a debate thread. I suggest you allow them to celebrate in peace according their belief
Salaam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism / Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated / Miracles Where Amputees Have Had Hands Or Legs Restored Have U Seen Or Heard It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.