Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). (15403 Views)

The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday / ***happy Palm Sunday*** / Palm Sunday Was Kegyte World Gyration By AB Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2013
Today is Palm Sunday, a day to mark the Triumphal Entry of Christ to Jerusalem.
Christians Worldwide mark this day and some go on a procession round town to celebrate this great event.
As I am spending this day in Offa, Kwara State - Nigeria, I will be posting pictures from the Procession in Offa.

Hossanna to Him who comes in the Name of the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 11:04am On Mar 24, 2013
Pls Note: The first picture was copied from the net.

OK, Am Back. Here we go....

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
Procession through Oloffa Way - Ibrahim Taiwo Road - Osunte...

1 Like

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hossana to Him who Comes in the Name of the Lord.

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by HenryQuest(m): 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
Oluwa bu Eze nke ora nile

3 Likes

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
Different groups provided Music...

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
To Olofa's Palace...

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by ayobashade(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
Maa joba lo oluwa... Maa joba lo oluwa
Oba ta ko le ro loye
Alagbara ta ko le shegun ni
Ijoba re dun mowa yeye o
Maa joba lo oluwa

Reign in. Majesty oh Lord
The king that can never be dethroned
The undefeated conqueror
We relish your reign
Reign on oh king eternal

That was the theme song of our procession in ilorin today. God bless

4 Likes

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
Olofa's Palace. We were well received.

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Celebration at the Palace...

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
More
The Olofa of Offa, HRM Oba Moses Gbadamosi, Esuwoye I, joins in the celebration.

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Royalty1(m): 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mod, kindly move to front page.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by stevic1(m): 4:23am On Mar 27, 2013
Halleluyah. It was fun all the way.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Alfamann: 11:06am On Mar 27, 2013
bow my head. (in shame)
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by sunnyt1(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wait a minute, what was this abt?
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by ezedolar: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
Good petures
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Rastamann: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
Good to see!
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Jarus(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tha's my small London wink

3 Likes

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by sammynaijaguy(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
grin ;Dsee that Girl looking at that old man with contempt
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by Jarus(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
I know the man sitting on the floor (left) in the last picture. Know him very, very well. I used to go do my salats in his house's mosque at Osunte.

1 Like

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by POLICECAP: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
Idolatry all in d name of Christianity. SMH

We should also set aside a day to celebrate when jesus came out of the wilderness after been tempted by the devil.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by ZACHIE: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
This is what Boko Haram and Co do not want to see.
Offa is mixed community of both Christians and Muslims, yet they cohabit peacefully at the fringes.
That is why it is heart warming to see this procession in a Yoruba community like Offa.

Do Not Do This At Home (Home being a Boko Conclave)

7 Likes

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by greall1: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
Awon omo jesu.
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by tunyus(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
VERY BEAUTIFULL PICTURES

THE PEOPLE ARE VERY BEATIFULL AND THE TOWN "OFFA" LOOK VERY DECENT AND CLEAN JUDGING BY THE PICTURES

THE PALACE "AAFIN OLOFFA" IS VERY BEAUTIFULL ALSO.

I ONCE HEARD THE KING OF THE TOWN IS ONE OF THE TOP 3 RICHEST KING IN YORUBALAND
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by phemmyutd(m): 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Good Job my Boss......... I dey feel u
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by amusbay(m): 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
Though that is my Jerusalem, mecca and medinah, the kingdom on earth, pls beware of ERIN-LE people ooooooooo
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by collins123(m): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=14pt]Idolatry in 3D[/size]

1 Like

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by thelegend1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
This is a commendable feat by Offa residents!
Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
ZACHIE: This is what Boko Haram and Co do not want to see.
Offa is mixed community of both Christians and Muslims, yet they cohabit peacefully at the fringes.
That is why it is heart warming to see this procession in a Yoruba community like Offa.

Do Not Do This At Home (Home being a Boko Conclave)
Maiduguri Kano Zaria Bauchi Yobe Sokoto Kaduna infact i no finisham. God punish BH and their sponsors

1 Like

Re: Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures). by surugede(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
the legend: This is a commendable feat by Offa residents!

i am confused, why should the celebration of Christ's triumphant entry end in the home of a village chief. couldn't the chief have joined in celebrating Christ The king right from the church.

sincerely, i am confused here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / 2015 Prophetic Prayers, Declarations And Confessions / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.