Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:32 AM

Things Jesus Never Said - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Jesus Never Said (2764 Views)

3 Things Jesus Never Said / Dealing With Misconceptions : 10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation / Jesus Never Died, Said Myles Munroe The Occultist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by enilove(m): 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by enilove(m): 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
Segeggs: Jesus never said "celebrate my birthday".

jesus never said "celebrate easter" but you jaiye jaiye people love to simply because my pastor said...my pastor said...shut up! Wetin ur bible talk?

You are right; Jesus never said , celebrate my birthday.

I do not . The church I attend does not also.

We do not celebrate easter also.

We have to worship God in truth and in the spirit.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by enilove(m): 8:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
BizBloke: Enilove, nice one. smiley

Thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 9:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
enilove:

Thanks for the encouragement.
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by wazobiaforu(m): 7:11am On Mar 29, 2013
enilove:

What has fraustration got to do with this subject?
By the grace of God,I am above fraustration, even my grand children yet unborn.

Your last resort is always to abuse ,when you do not know what to say.

Jesus did not bring religion,because there was already a God given religion on ground.
He said he has not come to abolish the law,but to fulfil it.

John 4:22 " Ye worship ye know not what:we know what we worship:for salvation is of the Jews.

This indicates that Jesus worships God Almighty even in heaven, and there was a religion,given to Moses already on ground then.
But that religion could not be fulfilled except the messiah comes. Jesus is the messiah,that came to fulfill or complete the redemption.
Even Abraham when he died , he did not go to heaven,he was in the ground ,awaiting the coming of the messiah.

Therefore,everything Jesus said should be considered and taking seriously, because of the day of Judgment.
What Jesus did not say,is irrelevant. Do what he says you should do first,for your own good.This is not about religion,but eternal damnation.

Jesus when Nicodemus asked him what he had to do to make heaven, said "Verily,verily,I say unto thee,except a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God".

That is what Jesus said,and the greatest revelation in the bible.
What does it mean to be born again?It means to forsake your sinful ways and aknowledge that you are a sinner,you must tell God that you are sorry,then confess that you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. Then the spirit of God will come upon you, you are now a new creature, in the Spirit of God.2 Cor 5:17.

Another important revelation is in John3:16" Jesus himself told Nicodemus "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him should not perish ,but have everlasting life".
So,you have to believe he died for your sins and my sins,that we might enjoy eternal life after we depart from this world.

It is like someone trying to swallow an acid,and people are warning him , " you will die if you swallow that acid",if he listens, he would be saved,but if he refuses,it will take only the grace of God to revive him.

That acid is other religions outside Jesus Christ.
Jesus is not after whether people call you a Christian or not,he is after what you do with the oportunity he gave you ,through his death on the cross.

Do you believe?If you do not,you waste the oportunity of life.
Do you believe, but living in sin?You waste the oportunity.

Revelation 21:8 " But the fearful, and the unbeleiving,& the abominable, & d murderers &d whoremongers,& d sorcerers and idolaters and all liars,shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:which is the second death.

May we not be a pertaker in the second death in Jesus name.

This kind of discuss is more important to us than sport and accumulation of wealth.

My dear, the way you write show some level hot temper, if its to what Jesus said then am doing it but you hardly do what he said and do what he did say and even try force them on people.

You always use false idealogy and manipulation in your words, i need a very simple answer and not qouting like 10 verses to darudapo for it...... If religion was before Jesus and he came to complet it then:
TELL ME THE NAME OF THE RELIGION IN THE BIBLE

TELL ME WHERE JUSUS THE RELIGION I HAVE COME TO GIVE YOU IS CHRISTIANITY

How do you sure the religion is not buhdist?

Secondly, i have realized many xtian do not love Jesus,mind you a conditional love is not a real love,had it been Jesus prayer was answered and he did not die on the cross, then you will all see him like an ordinary man.

Do a research and ask thousand christian why do they love Jesus, their answers will be he died on the cross and he did alot of miracles .... Do you know pastor Abiara of CAC, i hv attended his preaching many time and he is a good pastor but not too popular bcus he do less of what christians wnated .. MIRACLE

Anyway i have God and i bliv in Jesus so i will have ever lasting life
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by enilove(m): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

My dear, the way you write show some level hot temper, if its to what Jesus said then am doing it but you hardly do what he said and do what he did say and even try force them on people.

You always use false idealogy and manipulation in your words, i need a very simple answer and not qouting like 10 verses to darudapo for it...... If religion was before Jesus and he came to complet it then:
TELL ME THE NAME OF THE RELIGION IN THE BIBLE

TELL ME WHERE JUSUS THE RELIGION I HAVE COME TO GIVE YOU IS CHRISTIANITY

How do you sure the religion is not buhdist?

Secondly, i have realized many xtian do not love Jesus,mind you a conditional love is not a real love,had it been Jesus prayer was answered and he did not die on the cross, then you will all see him like an ordinary man.

Do a research and ask thousand christian why do they love Jesus, their answers will be he died on the cross and he did alot of miracles .... Do you know pastor Abiara of CAC, i hv attended his preaching many time and he is a good pastor but not too popular bcus he do less of what christians wnated .. MIRACLE

Anyway i have God and i bliv in Jesus so i will have ever lasting life

I did not know that the way I write shows some level of temper.I will adjust and take to that correction.

Since you do not know me in person,it is a wrong judgment to say ,I don't do what Jesus asks me to do.

The children of Israel worshipped God b4 Jesus Christ came.

Is religion not about worshipping of God?
It is human beings that give names to religions not God. God called only Abraham and gave him ways to worship Him, and the only way of salvation. God did not tell him this religion is JUDAISM, CHRISTIANITY OR ISLAM.
People gave names according to their understanding and for identification.

No where in the bible will you see God calling religion by name,because as far as God is concern,you can name it anything you like.
Poeple say Judaism because it a religion identified among the ancient Hebrews and characterised by their belief in ONE GOD,who revealed himself to Abraham,Moses and other prophets in accordance with the scripture which Jesus came and braught to perfection with his death on the cross as a saviour for mankind.
People named the disciples of Jesus ,"Christians" ,in Acts11:26. This does not differentiate it from the religion of Abraham and the law of Moses is still applicable to anyone( except the laws regarding shedding of blood like circumcision,killing of doves ,etc).It is the same one God of Abraham.

So we have to beware of any religion that says God named this religion, "Sososss".

It is also a wrong judgment to say Christians do not love Jesus.
What does it mean to love Jesus.

John 14:21" The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves.The one who loves me will be loved by my Father,and I will love him and will reveal myself to him"
This is to say,if you do not have the commandments and obey what is written therein , the person is going to hell fire. As long as you obey the word of God,you love God and will escape eternal damnation.Prov 8:36, " But he that sinneth against me wrongeth HIS OWN SOUL,all they that hate me LOVE DEATH.
So,it is for their own good,that they love Jesus and keep his commandment,so that God can love them,or disobey him and go to hell.

It is always good to make reference to the bible ,as Jesus taught us.

god that cannot perform a mirracle is a magician god or a liar.
Creation of the world itself is a miracle.God knew that if He does not show how powerful He is people will not belief.
If God did not divide the Red Sea for the Israelites to escape,people will not believe He was the creator of the Seas,Oceans & everything inside it.

There was a showdown in Israel btw the Elijah the prophet of God and the prophets of Baal in 1 Kings 18:24 "And call ye on the name of your gods,& I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by FIRE ,LET HIM BE GOD.And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken" Verse 38" Then the fire of the Lord fell,& consume the burnt sacrifice,& the wood,& the stones....And when the people saw it ,they fell on their faces:& they said The Lord is the Lord,He is the GOD."
But d prophets of Baal were killed because their idol god could not stand where God is.That was God of mirracle.
Jesus performed mirracles and said ,in John 10:38" ........believe the works...

Satan through idol worshippers can perform satanic magics and miracles, which people will believe ,thereby following satan.

If God cannot heal and satan can heal,who would you believe is God?
If the name of Jesus cannot do wonders in your life until you go to streams and burn candles,or a man of God has to give you special water and anointing oil or soaps,you are not serving God.

Jesus said,anything you ask the Father in my name,the Father will do it unto you".

If my children are sick I should be able to say" Father in the name of Jesus heal my children,and surely they will be healed,all things being equal.

God answeres prayers and He is real and ready to please His children.
You just believe and give your life to Jesus ,then God will recognize you and answer you by fire.

Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by wazobiaforu(m): 2:35am On Mar 30, 2013
enilove:

I did not know that the way I write shows some level of temper.I will adjust and take to that correction.

Since you do not know me in person,it is a wrong judgment to say ,I don't do what Jesus asks me to do.

The children of Israel worshipped God b4 Jesus Christ came.

Is religion not about worshipping of God?
It is human beings that give names to religions not God. God called only Abraham and gave him ways to worship Him, and the only way of salvation. God did not tell him this religion is JUDAISM, CHRISTIANITY OR ISLAM.
People gave names according to their understanding and for identification.

No where in the bible will you see God calling religion by name,because as far as God is concern,you can name it anything you like.
Poeple say Judaism because it a religion identified among the ancient Hebrews and characterised by their belief in ONE GOD,who revealed himself to Abraham,Moses and other prophets in accordance with the scripture which Jesus came and braught to perfection with his death on the cross as a saviour for mankind.
People named the disciples of Jesus ,"Christians" ,in Acts11:26. This does not differentiate it from the religion of Abraham and the law of Moses is still applicable to anyone( except the laws regarding shedding of blood like circumcision,killing of doves ,etc).It is the same one God of Abraham.

So we have to beware of any religion that says God named this religion, "Sososss".

It is also a wrong judgment to say Christians do not love Jesus.
What does it mean to love Jesus.

John 14:21" The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves.The one who loves me will be loved by my Father,and I will love him and will reveal myself to him"
This is to say,if you do not have the commandments and obey what is written therein , the person is going to hell fire. As long as you obey the word of God,you love God and will escape eternal damnation.Prov 8:36, " But he that sinneth against me wrongeth HIS OWN SOUL,all they that hate me LOVE DEATH.
So,it is for their own good,that they love Jesus and keep his commandment,so that God can love them,or disobey him and go to hell.

It is always good to make reference to the bible ,as Jesus taught us.

god that cannot perform a mirracle is a magician god or a liar.
Creation of the world itself is a miracle.God knew that if He does not show how powerful He is people will not belief.
If God did not divide the Red Sea for the Israelites to escape,people will not believe He was the creator of the Seas,Oceans & everything inside it.

There was a showdown in Israel btw the Elijah the prophet of God and the prophets of Baal in 1 Kings 18:24 "And call ye on the name of your gods,& I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by FIRE ,LET HIM BE GOD.And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken" Verse 38" Then the fire of the Lord fell,& consume the burnt sacrifice,& the wood,& the stones....And when the people saw it ,they fell on their faces:& they said The Lord is the Lord,He is the GOD."
But d prophets of Baal were killed because their idol god could not stand where God is.That was God of mirracle.
Jesus performed mirracles and said ,in John 10:38" ........believe the works...

Satan through idol worshippers can perform satanic magics and miracles, which people will believe ,thereby following satan.

If God cannot heal and satan can heal,who would you believe is God?
If the name of Jesus cannot do wonders in your life until you go to streams and burn candles,or a man of God has to give you special water and anointing oil or soaps,you are not serving God.

Jesus said,anything you ask the Father in my name,the Father will do it unto you".

If my children are sick I should be able to say" Father in the name of Jesus heal my children,and surely they will be healed,all things being equal.

God answeres prayers and He is real and ready to please His children.
You just believe and give your life to Jesus ,then God will recognize you and answer you by fire.

Thanks for the correction.

First and foremost, know how to pray for people because we have different knowledge about prayer - God will answer YOU by fire - and God will answer me by love. That is one of my points that tradition has taken charge in many things, do you know the real reason why Jesus called people to follow him and be his disciples? Just for them to represent the world to ask: silly,foolish,good,smart and godly questions that may arise in future like now, so he gave answers to them before our generation. Where in Mathew Mark Luke and John did Jesus teach you to pray with Fire. Imagine some people will say Fire seven times before they start prayer;
FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE.

Anyway you have proved that there was no name of any religion while Jesus was on earth, some people just sat down on round table and discussed on what name they can call their religion, and after many suggestions, they picked Christianity, good

I can also sit down in a round table with my family and name our religion EASTERIANITY at least Jesus died and ressrected during easter

John 3:16 i bliv in Jesus so i will not perish but hv ever lasting life - religion is too complicated and full of problems, Catholic got away from CAN,very soon they may not accept to be call xtian again but just Catholic
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Freksy(m): 9:33am On Mar 30, 2013
Jesus never said we should use his blood like tarpaulin to cover things with...........oh Lord cover so and so with the bloooood of Jesus! With the blooood of Jesus!! With the bloooood of Jesus!!!

Jesus never said when praying we should shout "holy gho.........st fire! Holy gho.........st fire!! Holy gho........st fire!!!

Jesus never said we should pray to him, but through him........oh father Jesus, oh father Jesus, thank you lord, thank you Je..........sus! Thank you Je.......sus!

Jesus never said we should command his father or say repetitive kind of prayer, as if God is hard of hearing ........God I command you! God I command you!! God I command you!!! in Jesus name we pray, amen! In Jesus name we pray, amen!! In Jesus name we pray, amen!!! In Jesus name we pray, amen!!!!

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2013
Freksy: Jesus never said we should use his blood like tarpaulin to cover things with...........oh Lord cover so and so with the bloooood of Jesus! With the blooood of Jesus!! With the bloooood of Jesus!!!

Jesus never said when praying we should shout "holy gho.........st fire! Holy gho.........st fire!! Holy gho........st fire!!!

Jesus never said we should pray to him, but through him........oh father Jesus, oh father Jesus, thank you lord, thank you Je..........sus! Thank you Je.......sus!

Jesus never said we should command his father or say repetitive kind of prayer, as if God is hard of hearing ........God I command you! God I command you!! God I command you!!! in Jesus name we pray, amen! In Jesus name we pray, amen!! In Jesus name we pray, amen!!! In Jesus name we pray, amen!!!!

LOOOL
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by seyibrown(f): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
nzechu: Jesus never said the op should post things he never said on nairaland

#waiting for ur post on things Jesus said

grin grin grin Tell him and his fellow troublemakers, Bro! grin grin grin
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by seyibrown(f): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
Freksy: Jesus never said we should use his blood like tarpaulin to cover things with...........oh Lord cover so and so with the bloooood of Jesus! With the blooood of Jesus!! With the bloooood of Jesus!!!

Let people pray to Jehovah whichever they feel like! Jesus complained to you yet? Go easy on the Phensic o!

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Freksy(m): 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
seyibrown:

Let people pray to Jehovah whichever they feel like! Jesus complained to you yet? Go easy on the Phensic o!

"After this manner therefore pray ye : Our Father which art in heaven..." - Mtt. 6:9.......He taught us how and to whom we should pray.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by enilove(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Freksy:

"After this manner therefore pray ye : Our Father which art in heaven..." - Mtt. 6:9.......He taught us how and to whom we should pray.

That was a payer sample.
It is the Holy Spirit that teaches someone how to pray an effective prayers.

John 14:26 "FOR THE COMFORTER ,WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST,WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME,HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS,& BRING ALL THINGS ( WORD OF GOD) TO YOUR REMEMBERANCE,WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID UNTO YOU".

Luke 12:12 "And the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye should say."

The prayer for someone looking for the fruit of the womb will defer from that of someone seeking Spiritual growth.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Freksy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
enilove:

That was a payer sample.
It is the Holy Spirit that teaches someone how to pray an effective prayers.

John 14:26 "FOR THE COMFORTER ,WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST,WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME,HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS,& BRING ALL THINGS ( WORD OF GOD) TO YOUR REMEMBERANCE,WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID UNTO YOU".

Luke 12:12 "And the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye should say."

The prayer for someone looking for the fruit of the womb will defer from that of someone seeking Spiritual growth.

Sorry friend, you are somewhat off the point. The issue here is about whom we should pray to. I pray to the father through his son. What about you?
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by seyibrown(f): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Freksy:

John 14:13 --- And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Example: Father, I ask for sextuplets, In Jesus name! cool cool cool
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Freksy(m): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
seyibrown:

John 14:13 --- And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Example: Father, I ask for sextuplets, In Jesus name! cool cool cool

Ooh! I thought it should have been: Son, I ask for sextuplets, in father's name! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 1:33am On Mar 31, 2013
seyibrown:

grin grin grin Tell him and his fellow troublemakers, Bro! grin grin grin
Troublemakers? :O Wetin carry your legz enter here in the first place?
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by TheBigUrban2: 7:45am On Mar 31, 2013
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by TheBigUrban2: 9:30am On Mar 31, 2013
Christians should be mindful of our practices.......
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2013
The.Big.Urban:
Christians should be mindful of our practices.......
What's your point exactly?
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by TheBigUrban2: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2013
BizBloke: What's your point exactly?

Practices should be backed by scripture
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by brownbooby(f): 5:16am On Apr 15, 2013
jeses never said that ALL OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahhahahahhahahaahahhahahahahhah mabinu ooooooo cheesy angry grin shocked tongue embarassed[/color][color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 15, 2013
BizBloke: [b]3. #JesusNeverSaid I'm coming in 2013.

4. #JesusNeverSaid Obama is the Anti-Christ.

grin grin grin grin grin

hilarious!

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 15, 2013
Geewan: He never said we should worship him

true dat. cool
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 15, 2013
brownbooby: jeses never said that ALL OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahhahahahhahahaahahhahahahahhah mabinu ooooooo cheesy angry grin shocked tongue embarassed[/color][color=#770077]

welcome to the religion section mi babes. grin grin grin
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2013
brownbooby: jeses never said that ALL OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahhahahahhahahaahahhahahahahhah mabinu ooooooo cheesy angry grin shocked tongue embarassed[/color][color=#770077]
Kpele

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread For Members Of Celestial Church Of Christ / Why Do People Hate Jews? / Ifá Religion: What Is Ifá?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.