Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking (9384 Views)

Omeruo Reclaims Eagles Shirt / Tiger Woods Reclaims World Number One Title In Golf / Tiger Woods’ Ex-wife Bulldozes $12 Million Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Elai147: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
[img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20130326&t=2&i=716322110&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=300&r=CDEE92P0EDK00[/img]

(Reuters) - Not even a ferocious storm that pushed the Arnold Palmer Invitational to a Monday finish could stop Tiger Woods from winning an eighth Bay Hill title and reclaiming the world number one ranking.

Looking like his old imposing self, Woods completed a final-round two-under 70 for a two-shot victory over Briton Justin Rose to collect his 77th career PGA Tour win and begin his 11th reign as world number one.

After accepting the sparkling silver trophy from tournament host Arnold Palmer, a clearly delighted Woods was left feeling on top of the world as he returned to the top of the rankings for the first time since October 2010.

"There are certain events that are more special," Woods told reporters. "When you have Arnold Palmer on the 18th green or you have Jack (Nicklaus) at the Memorial ... it's special to be able to walk off the 18th green and see these guys there.

"They're living legends of the game."

Woods has held the number one ranking for a staggering 623 weeks but in the 29 months since he last abdicated his throne Britons Lee Westwood and Luke Donald, Germany's Martin Kaymer and, most recently, Northern Irishman Rory McIlroy, have all occupied the top spot.

Woods's eighth victory at Bay Hill equals Sam Snead's mark for most wins at a single PGA Tour event. It also leaves him just five shy of matching the World Golf Hall of Fame member's record of 82 career PGA Tour victories.

In five starts this season, the 37-year-old American has collected three wins, the earliest he has won three titles in a season since 2008, marking him out as the clear favourite going into next month's Masters.

But success in his final tune-up heading into Augusta has never translated into victory at the year's first major. Each time Woods has won his final event before the Masters (2000, 2003, and 2008) he failed to reach the Augusta winner's circle.

Still, few will be betting against Woods slipping into a fifth green jacket next month.

"If I get healthy, I know I can play this game at a high level," said Woods, who has battled back from knee injuries and struggled with a swing overhaul the last few seasons.

"I know I can be where I'm contending in every event, contending in major championships and being consistent day in and day out, if I got healthy."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/03/26/woods-number-one-golf-idINDEE92O0AS20130326

2 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by sholay2011(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2013
Congrats to him!

He rose...fell...and has risen again.

16 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by dridowu: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2013
9ce 1 Eldrick Tont Woods ( TIGER )
U made me believe that the downfall of a man is not the end of d journey.
Congrat

4 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by alaoeri: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2013
Abinibi is different from ability.

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Fadelex(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2013
Downfall of a man is not the end of he that believeth in himself..... Twas a great feat..... From 58th in 2011 to 1st in 2013, I never should av doubted ur ability, congratz man

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by oyeleyemaureen(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2013
so happy for him
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by ogb5(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2013
A nice come back.
Hope he Will not allow any daughter of eve to mess him up next time

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53am On Mar 26, 2013
And he is on his way down again since he has decided that it is only Oyinbo Kpekus he will be shining.. angry

Why wont brothers learn that White girls are the devil?!

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by nairaman66(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2013
That's what a real man is made of!! He won't showboat, that's not Tiger!! Kudos to him though..
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Nuzo1(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2013
The downfall of a man is not the end of his life!

No biggie in falling. It becomes a big deal if you don't make an effort to get up again.

I encourage Blackface to take a cue from Tiger.

Lastly, with the right woman/man by your side, the sky will be your limit.

Congrats Tiger!

6 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by chyseth(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2013
this is a clear incidence of 'persistence pays big time'
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Chima2012: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2013
After every storm, comes serenity; after every tunnel comes silver lining. I hope Mr Tiger learns his lessons and embrace a new begining. Congrats
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by devour129: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2013
That's the difference between a person with pure talent and a mediocre . He will fall but like a Phoenix will rise again.

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Areaboy2(m): 9:56am On Mar 26, 2013
Well, his new blondie is doing a great job inspiring him. kudos
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Gooogle(m): 9:56am On Mar 26, 2013
Wow, what a good news. Once a champion, always a champion.
I have always known that if you know how you got to the top, you can always sustain it.
Thats why also Bill gate would always be there no matter what, its only in some fraudulent places
and trasactions that you dont get to rise again once you fall, cos you dont know how.
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Areaboy2(m): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2013
Okija_juju: And he is on his way down again since he has decided that it is only Oyinbo Kpekus he will be shining.. angry

One man food devil is poison an angel for another.

It's really his choice if he wants blondies only, undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by sammynaijaguy(m): 10:00am On Mar 26, 2013
Am happy for him wondering. How his ex wife would be feeling now cry
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Canisma(m): 10:01am On Mar 26, 2013
I think he should forget about marriage, at least for now.his libido is way too high to be married.
He has the money to ru.mp any type of woman that he wants from any nationality.
If I were him, I ll Bleep ladies from the whole world nationalities, I would do it alphabetically from AAfghanistan pu.nny to Yemenese pu.nny.
That's the only way a man can Fvcck da world. Hahaha

4 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by zglobalsim3: 10:01am On Mar 26, 2013
champion
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by demelza: 10:01am On Mar 26, 2013
Finally!
Erm... Rory Macaroni, thanks for holding down the top spot buh your services will no longer be needed.
The Tiger is back prowling!

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Kaxmytex(m): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2013
[size=28pt]nw d tiger iz bak afta so many years in d wood[/size]

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 26, 2013
THE AFTERMATH OF DETERMINATION. LIFE NEVER ENDS WHEN A MAN FALLS
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 26, 2013
Tiger am happy for u . the greatest in Golf.
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 26, 2013
up he will stay through out the remaining years of his career. congrats
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Nuzo1(m): 10:06am On Mar 26, 2013
Okija_juju: And he is on his way down again since he has decided that it is only Oyinbo Kpekus he will be shining.. angry

Its well known that he started his re-accention during the period he started seeing the lady.

The game of golf is all about precision. And to achieve precision, you must be physically, mentally and most importantly emotionally balanced.

Some achieve this with drugs, food, friends, alcohol, prayers, good sex or love.

Spot at least 2 that works for Tiger? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Okijajuju1(m): 10:07am On Mar 26, 2013
Area_boy:

One man food devil is poison an angel for another.

It's really his choice if he wants blondies only, undecided

NA LIE JOR!!

Nobody don ever use Otapiapia take cure Cough.. angry

He is only winning in Golf because of his limitation.. Make ehn switch to Black girls and see his ministry move.. Ehn go even start to win Lawn Tennis, Football and rugby sef.. angry

Make Tiger try any of these Nwa babies and make we see wether ehn no go graduate from Tiger to Lion .. angry

- Kirikata Kwari Kwari Kwa.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by shiftbutton: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2013
Back from the woods
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2013
He is number one again, them white people will be on him again like white on rice.... Non of them will actually remember that he was termed a cheat and everybody avoided him like a plague

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by iykak47: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2013
Golf is Tiger woods, Tiger woods is golf. The ONLY golfer many can remember is Tiger Woods. Who are really his challengers?

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2013
Congrats,Woods! I love it when a man puts the past behind him and marches on to a beautiful future.I've been wishing for him to regain his number 1 spot.Good he has.
Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by Okijajuju1(m): 10:12am On Mar 26, 2013
ARES: He is number one again, them white people will be on him again like white on rice.... Non of them will actually remember that he was termed a cheat and everybody avoided him like a plague

PREACH!!!

And the freaking biitchass Tiger would now start purring like a tomcat at the sight of white girls.. angry

Re: Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking by agabaI23(m): 10:12am On Mar 26, 2013
The Tiger never gives up without fighting back
He is true to his name.

Tiger Iroko wood

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIGERIA betting websites and Their maximum winnings / NFF Plans Special Ceremony For Vincent Enyeama’s 100th Cap / FIFA, Anambra Govt. To Build International Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.