Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other (23949 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / Famous Lies We Tell / Lies We Have Told Our Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by scobaba: 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nice One.

But I will rather continue with the lies dan say some truth the way you suggested.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by signified: 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
I love you( when we know it's not true
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Ifedechidex: 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
ZackiGp: op,if we do all these things,dont u think we'll be too blunt and harsh on friends?
I'm busy is not a lie in anyway.one can be busy sleeping,eating,seeing gf e.t.c
And one can also be busy doing nothing
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Chitexs250(m): 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
Kaymisola: 1. "Let's hang out some time" This is usually said when you run into a former friend, enemy, frenemy or colleague...We need to stop doing this. I understand that this line serves as a go-to conversation closer for many awkward encounters. But have you ever thought of what would happen, if your counterpart actually said, “yes” and expected a follow-through plan to hang out? Lol...Don’t take the risk. More importantly, we have no intention of hanging out with this person out of our own free will, so why pretend? If you need a conversation closer, “Glad to see you’re still alive. Take care and have an awesome life.” has never failed me.

2. "I'll be in 5minutes or I'm almost there" this is typically said when planning on meeting someone ASAP but you are running late...Do you know why you won’t be there in 5 minutes? Because you haven’t left your house yet. It’s obnoxious because what we’re really doing with this lie is giving someone an expectation that their wait time will be short. Waiting for people is annoying enough, but having to wait for longer than expected is just not cool. Would it really be so bad if we just told each other that due to tardiness, we will be meeting later than we had planned? No it wouldn’t. Unless you are in fact 5 minutes away, let’s stop this ridiculousness.

3. "I didn't get that text" this is frequently said when your friend asks why you didn't respond to their text. First of all (go down low), I completely empathize with the annoyance that you feel when a friend asks about why you didn’t respond to a particular text. Obviously you didn’t reply because you didn’t want to. But choosing to lie is silly because more than likely, your friend knows that you probably got the text in question. Own up and tell him or her the stone-cold truth: you simply didn’t want to.

4. "I'm just so busy" This is said by everyone, all the time. We’re all busy – every single one of us. Some people are busy doing nothing but let’s not get into details here. “Busy-ness” is the excuse that no one can argue with so it’s the perfect white lie in a lot of ways. No, I can’t make it to your house party on Saturday because I’m busy. Yes, I missed your incredible dinner-event-thing last Sunday because I’m busy. Sorry, I haven’t seen, called, or texted you because I’m just so busy, okay? Actually, I’m not. I mean I am busy and yes that might affect going to things or seeing people once in a while. But the truth is I probably just didn’t feel like it. And as terrible of a human being I am to tell you this, whatever you wanted me to do was deemed not as important as my Saturday afternoon nap or Sunday evening date with Netflix. Now you know, and now we can all just be honest about it and feel good. And I know it’s just a white lie, but the truth will in fact, set you free....

Know of any more white lies, pls feel free to share at comment section...

http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/03/guilty-as-charged-white-lies-we-need-to.html?showComment=1364247596954#c3932912783273530492

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Chomzy19(f): 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
dick hardener: uti nice to meet u. grin grin grin
i thought as much too; buh dis ur name sef; dick hardener ke
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Desloaaa(f): 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
#2.kai!
Even when am just getting dressed,i'll tell you am close'by,and can see you.
God forgiv me
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
Give me 5 minutes please. I'll call you back in 5 minutes. Definitely!
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Cashio(m): 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
If de truth is gonna prolong issues,why not truncate it with a simple lie(ooops funny those things u mentioned are no even lies.they are just excuses)
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Georgesmartt(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Two moments when Lies are accepted 1. During interviews 2. To little children
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
lieing is not sin. stop being fooled by christianity.

you can even lie to save someones life. also, small lies dont matter.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by rezzy: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
sureteeboy: 4 bedroom flat is waiting for Liars in hell
Grab ur copy while offer last
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by rezzy: 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
Desloaaa: #2.kai!
Even when am just getting dressed,i'll tell you am close'by,and can see you.
God forgiv me
Amen
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by buccal(m): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
A man who has never lied to a lady has no respect for her feelings

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lol. Not sure we can possibly not tell at least one of those lies daily oooo. Chineke it is not easy, lol
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
buccal: A man who has never lied to a lady has no respect for her feelings
undecided
buccal: A man who has never lied to a lady has no respect for her feelings
Really?
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by bank2k4real(m): 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
LG= LI(f)E IS GOOD grin
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by GooseBaba: 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Mind you, Juju is not the same thing as what I implied as their propensity of presenting God as the reason for a cause, an excuse, and justification. I'm sure what you really meant by your incorrect usage of the word "juju" is actually is the widespread false believe in urban superstitions and deliberately distorted understanding of our native sciences by religious societies, not withstanding the need to research the existence and advancement of the efficacy of •supernatural affect'• erroneously called juju.

Bros! Calm down with your unnecessary grammar...weda you like am or not you are simply worshiping foreign juju... Ifa or sango, orumila, esu, amadioha you refer to them as juju, and your own not! how so!? No be spirit all of una dey fear and worship...so my friend.! All na juju ...!

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by kinsab(f): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
gboss4sure: I use no 1 as a discharge bullet and no 2 is what i learnt from my oga at the top. Not my fault

dickhead grin your own go different grin even self you don't remember the 10 commandment of God again grin
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by onlymase(m): 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
You need to watch the movie. The Intention Of Lieing
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you can even lie to save someones lies. also, small lies dont matter.

True

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Bearshare(m): 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

False
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
That Santa claus is real

That Nigeria will (not) break up
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Jovanna(f): 12:47am On Mar 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ur username ve said it all...Jesus is the only way! Dont be decieved by d tins of these world! Heaven is real! Hell is real!
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Claroo(m): 1:14am On Mar 27, 2013
Crime:It is the work of the Devil
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by DESMONDIME1(m): 1:34am On Mar 27, 2013
All liers shall find their place in the lake of fire.Satan-the father of all liers.So if u tell lies then satan na ur father.na bible talk am ooooh,so better repent if u don't want to feast with lucifer in hell.God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 27, 2013
Those are friendly excuses not actually like telling lies. I think some condition might warrant one or two on the list. Like being late while stocked in traffic and such excuse is good for somebody who refuses to understand.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by dabrake(m): 4:03am On Mar 27, 2013
Ever since the day I, out of courtesy, asked someone to join me share my lunch(the food sef small and e for no belleful me.) with the belief he will reply "no. Thanks" . . . but this guy cleared my doubt, arranged a big spoon for himself, devour my food(he was rushing and piling it) and made me curse his generations in my heart(i don almost cry, I wish sey I for fit uproot the baggar head), I made up my mind never to invite someone share in my meal again.

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by ghostofsparta(m): 4:28am On Mar 27, 2013
GooseBaba:

Bros! Calm down with your unnecessary grammar...weda you like am or not you are simply worshiping foreign juju... Ifa or sango, orumila, esu, amadioha you refer to them as juju, and your own not! how so!? No be spirit all of una dey fear and worship...so my friend.! All na juju ...!

Brother, you got it wrong. What do you mean by "worshipping foreign foreign juju" ? Maybe if I'm to get you correctly then you should know that juju as a foreign term isn't of African origin by mother tongue, in modern times Juju is perceived from the educated/white man's point of view as any object believed by backward thinking primitives to hold certain irrational powers or effect. On the other hand Juju here in Nigeria is regarded as anything that is deem worthy of scorn and demonization given the religious disapproval whilst the crucifix, rosary, cross and tesubiu are sanctimonious.

A lot of peeps got so many of these things wrong and twisted, very few knows there's the differences between what can be classified under juju(ishegun) and traditional practices of orisha/irunmole worship (isheshe). Just like you they always mix them mix them all up, falsely assuming them all up under the scary evil...JUJU!

You mentioned Ifa, eshu, Shango, etc placing them as spirits, or demons, etc only shows that, just like so many of you in Odudualand, *so sorry to say* are all lost. Most of you know so much about the so called holy books of the foreign Abrahamic religions but absolutely nothing of your ancestor's traditions, or at most distorted understanding of some, mainly gleaned from the improperly produced Yoruba films or what your clergymen interpretedly fed for you for years, both of which keep deforming nd misrepresenting the original thing. How dare you imply it's because of fear, what you call spirit are being worshiped? I'm sure the worshiping driving/entering of vehicle or the purpose of gun are because of the fear that either of them can one day be turned against us.

What a shame..

Let's free ourselves from mental slavery and religious barbaro-dogmatism
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 27, 2013
Ok oo Ill be here in 5 minutes to comment.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 27, 2013
Dat "I'l b dere in five mins" is d most annoying one sha esp wen u're in a hurry to go elsewhere nd d persn dosn't show in five mins
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 27, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Ok oo Ill be here in 5 minutes to comment.
Ur own full ur body ooo guy
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 27, 2013
Jovanna: ur username ve said it all...Jesus is the only way! Dont be decieved by d tins of these world! Heaven is real! Hell is real!

As usual the white man is the only way for a black fool.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / What Are Your Fears In Life? / FG Targets 13000MW Solar Electricity- Amina Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.