Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! (12186 Views)

Ambrose Alli University 2013/2014 Academic Session / Obafemi Awolowo University For 2013/2014 Academic Session / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
This is a thread for all Nigerian prospective graduates going for post graduate studies in UK Universities For 2013/2014 Academic Year. It meant to network, offer advice and discuss all that pertains to Postgraduate studies in the UK and also Living Experinces in the UK during the Study period. Prospective UK students and their Alumni are welcomed to say their opinion and also share their experinces. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
Donsly1: This is a thread for all Nigerian prospective graduates going for post graduate studies in UK Universities For 2013/2014 Academic Year. It meant to network, offer advice and discuss all that pertains to Postgraduate studies in the UK and also Living Experinces in the UK during the Study period. Prospective UK students and their Alumni are welcomed to say their opinion and also share their experinces. Thanks

Hello House! I am wondering if there's anyone in the house that is going to uk this year to further his or her studies. I will like us to rub her minds together. Personally, AV got offers from Heriot-watt Uni, RGU, Uni Aberdeen, Coventry and Salford. Am wondering if there's anyone going to any of the above institutions. We could share our thoughts and experinces together.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Jnr. Prof! Do u recruit only for Swansea University? Do U not AV link with other UK Uni?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2013
Anyone heading for Westminster, London? Just got my admission for Masters.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
petreli12: Anyone heading for Westminster, London? Just got my admission for Masters.

petrli12 How far have u gone with u're admission process? Which stage are u now?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Donsly1:

petrli12 How far have u gone with u're admission process? Which stage are u now?
Hey, have got my admission offer after 7weeks. But I have to write Ielts exam as my masters is for a science course. How far with u? Do u intend applying for their scholarships too?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2013
hey peeps...pls do Nigerians win scholarships for UK uni? I nid help as I am about to apply. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hello Donsly1, I first must commend you on such an informative thread. However, I'd like you to assist me in ways to secure a post-graduate Masters degree admission (in Wireless/communication/electronics engineering related course) in a UK or EU university (preferrably the non-competitive varsities), as i am very naive in it. I studied electrical/ electronic engr, with a CGPA in percentage of 79. I'm currently a 2012 batch B corper. I dearly look forward to a favourably response. My email if needed will be provided. Thanks. Yours sincerely.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by okehsmiley: 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
Study in the heart of London at the London School of Commerce with partial scholarship for Nigerian students. Contact Okeh(princessagwa@gmail.com)for more info.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by StateOfMind: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2013
petreli12: hey peeps...pls do Nigerians win scholarships for UK uni? I nid help as I am about to apply. Thanks

Yeah! I know a friend that just graduated from university of westminster and he was on full scholarship.

I just got a conditional offer from the same school, and I have downloaded their scholarship form. I'm required to write english exam though, cos they need the score and the reslut and then a 400-word essay. I hope I get lucky for the scholarship.

What course did you apply for?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2013
StateOfMind:

Yeah! I know a friend that just graduated from university of westminster and he was on full scholarship.

I just got a conditional offer from the same school, and I have downloaded their scholarship form. I'm required to write english exam though, cos they need the score and the reslut and then a 400-word essay. I hope I get lucky for the scholarship.

What course did you apply for?

Hey, got admitted for Msc applied microbiology and biotechnology. Am taking the ielts exam next month. I hope to send my application next month too. How did dat person wiin the scholarship? How many Nigerians usually benefit?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by StateOfMind: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
I got an offer for MSc Biomedical Sciences. I'll be writing my toefl exams on the 27th of this month. The person went through just this same process and he got shortlisted. He's a first class student also. I really can't place a figure on the number of nigerians that get this scholarship but I do know its usually very competitive. Much focus should be on the personal statement which is giving me headache, I think it really gives one an edge.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
All the best in your toefl exam. I hope I can write persuasive enough for the scholarship. Put my trust in God. Do you know other scholarships for d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ school? Was your friend given a full or partial scholarship? When does the result usually come out? Sorry for my many questions.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
Donsly1:

Hello House! I am wondering if there's anyone in the house that is going to uk this year to further his or her studies. I will like us to rub her minds together. Personally, AV got offers from Heriot-watt Uni, RGU, Uni Aberdeen, Coventry and Salford. Am wondering if there's anyone going to any of the above institutions. We could share our thoughts and experinces together.
I am a graduate of phy presently serving in delta state. I want to do my masters but I don't know how to go about it. I would love τ̲̅ȍ​ travel out for it, if I can afford it but does anyone knows about masters in UI. Pls if anyone do put me thru
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
I am a prospective student,still waiting to get an admission though...
For all those who are not aware,UKEAS is organising an exhibition in Eko hotel on 1st May.40 UK Universities will be there.It is an opportunity for you to meet representatives direct from the school of your choice.
You should go with all your credentials. For more detail follow the link below,if it doesn't work for you,just google UKEAS Nigeria.Hope this helps.
http://www.ukeas.com.ng/ukeasnews-news-detail.php?from_page=/ukeasnews-news-list.php&new_current_page=2&id=460&
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 10:21am On May 03, 2013
petreli12: hey peeps...pls do Nigerians win scholarships for UK uni? I nid help as I am about to apply. Thanks

Yea petrelis, U could get scholarship to study in UK Universities. Some of the Scholarships are sponsored by common wealth and other organizations, some by the school itself. Scholarship applicable to your school will most likely be advertised on the school website and respective deparment of the school.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 10:28am On May 03, 2013
letsurvey: I am a graduate of phy presently serving in delta state. I want to do my masters but I don't know how to go about it. I would love τ̲̅ȍ​ travel out for it, if I can afford it but does anyone knows about masters in UI. Pls if anyone do put me thru

author, the first thing for u to do is to find out if UI offers Master's programm on the course u're interested in. If u visit UI's website, u may be able to get more information about the programme u're interested in, and also their entry requirement. If u're lucky too, u could meet a fellow Ajuwaya who studied at UI, u could get first hand info too. But I will suggest, that u visit the school site.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 10:38am On May 03, 2013
StateOfMind: I got an offer for MSc Biomedical Sciences. I'll be writing my toefl exams on the 27th of this month. The person went through just this same process and he got shortlisted. He's a first class student also. I really can't place a figure on the number of nigerians that get this scholarship but I do know its usually very competitive. Much focus should be on the personal statement which is giving me headache, I think it really gives one an edge.

Congrats on u're admission offer. How was u're TOEFL exam? wat score are u hoping for? just as u rightly pointed out, there are lot of Nigerians applying for the same scholarship so the competition is really high. So to stand out from the crowd, u need to present a nice personal statement. This is what might just give some people an edge over others that are equally qualify too. Am waiting to get some more good news from you. I wish U all the best Man.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 10:43am On May 03, 2013
petreli12:

Hey, got admitted for Msc applied microbiology and biotechnology. Am taking the ielts exam next month. I hope to send my application next month too. How did dat person wiin the scholarship? How many Nigerians usually benefit?

COngrats on u're admission. am just curious, wat made u settle for IELT over TOEFL. just want to know. u're the first person av seen talk about IELT, I'll like to know how it all went. I wish u all the best in your scholarship endeavors. Best of Luck Man
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 10:50am On May 03, 2013
emahnwel: Hello Donsly1, I first must commend you on such an informative thread. However, I'd like you to assist me in ways to secure a post-graduate Masters degree admission (in Wireless/communication/electronics engineering related course) in a UK or EU university (preferrably the non-competitive varsities), as i am very naive in it. I studied electrical/ electronic engr, with a CGPA in percentage of 79. I'm currently a 2012 batch B corper. I dearly look forward to a favourably response. My email if needed will be provided. Thanks. Yours sincerely.

Thanks for u're compliment emahnwel, I appreciate. With regards to u're postgraduate issue, u'll first of all need to decide on which of the country u which to study in, then wich of the schools further more also crosscheck their admission requirement, tuition and cost of living. It is only when u've sorted all this out, that u can then proceed to apply for the admission. As long as you meet all the admission requirement, the rest becomes easy and straight-forward. I wish u all the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by cnnamoko(m): 3:17am On May 04, 2013
for over 10,000 research papers, term papers, essays visit http://nairaproject.com
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 8:24pm On May 04, 2013
Donsly1:

COngrats on u're admission. am just curious, wat made u settle for IELT over TOEFL. just want to know. u're the first person av seen talk about IELT, I'll like to know how it all went. I wish u all the best in your scholarship endeavors. Best of Luck Man

Thanks man..IELTS seems more appealing to me than Toefl. It boils down to my preference since both exams are of equal standing any where in the world. Just pray d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ my scholarship application is granted. Are you based in 9ja or UK? I wouldn't mind if u tell me more.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 10:16pm On May 06, 2013
petreli12:

Thanks man..IELTS seems more appealing to me than Toefl. It boils down to my preference since both exams are of equal standing any where in the world. Just pray d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ my scholarship application is granted. Are you based in 9ja or UK? I wouldn't mind if u tell me more.

Alright. We all pray for the best. I wish u d best though. Am based in Niaja.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 3:30pm On May 07, 2013
Any1 here going to Uni Birmingham ds year?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 7:11pm On May 12, 2013
Why is ds thread ds dry? Abi ppl aint planning on travelling ds year?..na wah o.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 13, 2013
Not to discourage pple. I got two admission into university of leeds and university of strathclyde engineering but with no funding. I'm still hopeful for how I'll fund the admission but I'm reluctant to even use my own personal money. Im concerned about the cost benefit ratio of going to the uk to school especially when I'll be paying. I know a couple of pple that did masters in the uk and now they are in Nigeria looking for job after their program. After ur program finishes like this, they'll pursue u comot from their country. They dont want you competing for job space with their citizens. So you're on your own. I wouldnt advise anyone to school in the uk with his own funds tho except your papa na dangote and money aint a thing grin. I'm hopeful for ptdf too sha. God dey.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 1:36am On May 15, 2013
Nawa o, it seems ppl aint travelling dis year or are dey doing it lowkey, anyway who here is going to the Uni of Salford.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 4:05pm On May 18, 2013
[quote author=awistle]Nawa o, it seems ppl aint travelling dis year or are dey doing it lowkey, anyway who here is going to the Uni of Salford.[/quote

Sup awistle! Uni Salford was one of d schools I got admission with. Still contemplating on which school to settle with. Are u heading 2 Salford?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Scored 330 In The GRE Exam (Part 1) / Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? / What To Do After JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.