Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! (12185 Views)

Ambrose Alli University 2013/2014 Academic Session / Obafemi Awolowo University For 2013/2014 Academic Session / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 5:49pm On May 20, 2013
Who else (like me) is planning to apply for a student visa without taking any English lanuage test?
My school(Uni of Birmingham) gives Nigerians admission using WAEC grades...but d ukba does not classify Nija as English speaking *rolling my eyes*. So am sort of confused cos with my CAS letter and funds, I'll still have 40points...

Is der some1 else in this same predicament?have you applied already?
Am not applying till mid July so will appreciate any info about this.tnx in advance.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 12:19am On May 21, 2013
Donsly1:

yea hopefully going to Salford, just paid the deposit.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 12:27am On May 21, 2013
miz Gene: Who else (like me) is planning to apply for a student visa without taking any English lanuage test?
My school(Uni of Birmingham) gives Nigerians admission using WAEC grades...but d ukba does not classify Nija as English speaking *rolling my eyes*. So am sort of confused cos with my CAS letter and funds, I'll still have 40points...

Am not applying till mid July so will appreciate any info about this.tnx in advance.
miz Gene: Who else (like me) is planning to apply for a student visa without taking any English lanuage test?

Lol are u serious, plan to apply around dat time also, dont mind the ukba when the school is fine with the WAEC already.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 4:00pm On May 21, 2013
awistle:

Lol are u serious, plan to apply around dat time also, dont mind the ukba when the school is fine with the WAEC already.

Yes o,no time for toefl ish..no spare cash to throw around.. But abeg o,any1 who has applied without any test of English lang shd holla at us let's knw wats up.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 8:05pm On May 21, 2013
miz Gene:

Yes o,no time for toefl ish..no spare cash to throw around.. But abeg o,any1 who has applied without any test of English lang shd holla at us let's knw wats up.

Miz, this TOEFL Wahala, is not funny at all. But u should double check to be sure, that u can scale through without TOEFL at British Embassy, if not, I'll just advice u make plans for TOEFL just in case it's needed, so that u won't to start running around at d last minute. I know some UK school don't request for English Test, But I don't know about those embassy Guys.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 8:08pm On May 21, 2013
awistle: yea hopefully going to Salford, just paid the deposit.
Congrats Man. All d best.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 10:49am On May 22, 2013
Donsly1:

Miz, this TOEFL Wahala, is not funny at all. But u should double check to be sure, that u can scale through without TOEFL at British Embassy, if not, I'll just advice u make plans for TOEFL just in case it's needed, so that u won't to start running around at d last minute. I know some UK school don't request for English Test, But I don't know about those embassy Guys.
Yea u hv a point,dts why am asking any1 who has gotten a visa widout toefl to let us know.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2013
miz Gene:

I seriously doubt the test of english stuff, cos my agency said nothing lyk dat and i ve friends dat went early dis year, but whatever tho lets get oda ppls opinion.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 8:30pm On May 23, 2013
I really want to advise you guys to take either IELTS or TOEFL. I took ielts last thursday @ IB and so many other peeps were there. The UKBA is getting stiffer with its entry laws, especially with all these terror attacks, etc. U guys shld try to take d tests. Ielts is N35,000.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Macdondoug: 10:48pm On May 23, 2013
Please good people of nairaland forum i need material for ptdf aptitude test.Send to macdondoug@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by StateOfMind: 12:17am On May 24, 2013
petreli12: I really want to advise you guys to take either IELTS or TOEFL. I took ielts last thursday @ IB and so many other peeps were there. The UKBA is getting stiffer with its entry laws, especially with all these terror attacks, etc. U guys shld try to take d tests. Ielts is N35,000.

Your result should be out already. Have you finally sent you application to the school? I sent mine 2weeks ago and I got a reply from them telling to to expect a feedback by late june or early july.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 9:47am On May 24, 2013
StateOfMind:

Your result should be out already. Have you finally sent you application to the school? I sent mine 2weeks ago and I got a reply from them telling to to expect a feedback by late june or early july.

My results are not yet out..29th May. I have also sent my application to Westminster and they have replied me. You are the third person I know d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ has sent the application. May God grant us favor.
Do u know if they use quota system for the scholarship winners?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by StateOfMind: 1:37pm On May 24, 2013
petreli12:

My results are not yet out..29th May. I have also sent my application to Westminster and they have replied me. You are the third person I know d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ has sent the application. May God grant us favor.
Do u know if they use quota system for the scholarship winners?

Okay then, and I say a big amen to your prayer. About the quota system, I have no idea about it.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 9:30pm On May 25, 2013
petreli12: I really want to advise you guys to take either IELTS or TOEFL. I took ielts last thursday @ IB and so many other peeps were there. The UKBA is getting stiffer with its entry laws, especially with all these terror attacks, etc. U guys shld try to take d tests. Ielts is N35,000.

I agree with petreli. One will need to write either IELT OR TOEFL, in order to avoid disappointment at the embassy, as these UKBA are getting more strict by d day. I saw on an article, that even if one's school doesn't Request for TOEFL/IELT and they AV actually grant someone unconditional admission, That they Ukba will still request for proficiency of English test. So friends, make arrangement for that, to avoid problem. Best of Luck.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 9:37pm On May 25, 2013
How was u're IELT Test Petrelis. Between IELT & TOEFL, which of them do u think in u're opinion is easier. With that I mean, the possibility of scoring 6.5 across board and above for IELT & and 95 and above in TOEFL.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 9:07am On May 26, 2013
Hi guys, i have a 2.2 in industrial chemistry.
I want to undertake a PGDipl in either Geology, Process or Petroleum Chemistry in the UK.
Which schools offer them (minus the expensive ones o! shocked)
What are the requirements (from scratch) and how much will it cost me generally for everything from TOEFL to Accomodation and Tuition.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 8:46pm On May 26, 2013
Donsly1:
How was u're IELT Test Petrelis. Between IELT & TOEFL, which of them do u think in u're opinion is easier. With that I mean, the possibility of scoring 6.5 across board and above for IELT & and 95 and above in TOEFL.

Hey boss..my test went well...the results will be out by Wednesday. You can take any of the exams, with adequate preparation you can score well in both exams..I wil advise you take the cheaper one tho..I dunno how much toefl cost. Ielts is N35000.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by hammariise(m): 12:24am On May 27, 2013
Please can i apply using NABTEB result?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by vandarsar(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2013
With no intention to derail this thread I announced to all intending candidates, willing to write TOEFL,GRE and GMAT, to contact me
for a cheap registration of the above mentioned exams? My contact details are:

Email: vandarsar@hotmail.com
Phone: 08093835330

The value pack from ets can immediately be procure for you as well.

Thanks and God help us as we apply and obtain our visas
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 10:47am On May 27, 2013
careytommy: Hi guys, i have a 2.2 in industrial chemistry.
I want to undertake a PGDipl in either Geology, Process or Petroleum Chemistry in the UK.
Which schools offer them (minus the expensive ones o! shocked)
What are the requirements (from scratch) and how much will it cost me generally for everything from TOEFL to Accomodation and Tuition

make una answer me na!
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 1:18pm On May 27, 2013
careytommy:

make una answer me na!

Dt one na jamb question o,..simply use google and u'll get better info than anytin any1 here can tell u.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by monchouchou: 4:10pm On May 28, 2013
Hey guys, anyone going to University of Manchester

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by monchouchou: 4:12pm On May 28, 2013
oh and I think this thread should be moved to the travel section of Nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 28, 2013
miz Gene:

Dt one na jamb question o,..simply use google and u'll get better info than anytin any1 here can tell u.
tanx but i've started garnering info via the internet.
anyone tried this link before?
www.globaleducation.me.uk/about-gesc-uk/nigeria-office
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 3:52pm On May 29, 2013
petreli12:

Hey boss..my test went well...the results will be out by Wednesday. You can take any of the exams, with adequate preparation you can score well in both exams..I wil advise you take the cheaper one tho..I dunno how much toefl cost. Ielts is N35000.
Thanks Man. I wrote TOEFL, I scored 92, I made more than the required scored needed for the reading, listening and talking section, unfotunately, I missed the writing requirement by 2 point. I had also exceeded the total minumun requirement. The short fall in writing section has made a mess of the whole result and as such I need to re-write an English test. Am a bit confused at the moment if I should enrol for d same TOEFL test again, or switch to IELT test. Please advice as I need to get this done in two weeks. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 3:55pm On May 29, 2013
Please advice. I wrote TOEFL, I scored 92, I made more than the required scored needed for the reading, listening and talking section, unfotunately, I missed the writing requirement by 2 point. I had also exceeded the total minumun requirement. The short fall in writing section has made a mess of the whole result and as such I need to re-write an English test. Am a bit confused at the moment if I should enrol for d same TOEFL test again, or switch to IELT test. Please advice as I need to get this done in two weeks. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 11:25am On May 31, 2013
Donsly1:
Thanks Man. I wrote TOEFL, I scored 92, I made more than the required scored needed for the reading, listening and talking section, unfotunately, I missed the writing requirement by 2 point. I had also exceeded the total minumun requirement. The short fall in writing section has made a mess of the whole result and as such I need to re-write an English test. Am a bit confused at the moment if I should enrol for d same TOEFL test again, or switch to IELT test. Please advice as I need to get this done in two weeks. Thanks.

Hey Boss, you were so close...I have gotten my ielts result, I scored 8.0/9.0 overall. I will advise you to consider IELTS, firstly, the speaking test is done on a diff day, while reading, listening and writing on the same day. Personally, I prefer Ielts to Toefl anyday
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
I got my cas some days back....It specifically tells the ukba that my English has been assessed by the University and that I need not present any further tests as proof...
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 11:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
miz Gene: I got my cas some days back....It specifically tells the ukba that my English has been assessed by the University and that I need not present any further tests as proof...
Exactly i told u so, dont know where all dese guys are getting theirs from.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
petreli12:

Hey Boss, you were so close...I have gotten my ielts result, I scored 8.0/9.0 overall. I will advise you to consider IELTS, firstly, the speaking test is done on a diff day, while reading, listening and writing on the same day. Personally, I prefer Ielts to Toefl anyday
Congrats my guy. nice score. u almost gave them an assignment. I'll be giving IELT a second though cos I don't understand these TOEFL people. They seems to be bias in the acceptance of TOEFL and IELT in UK and US respectively. TOEFL score of 75 is accepted in some pretigious US schools but not in UK. IELT of 5.5 is accepted in some pretigious UK schools but not in US. These two English test providers seems to be competing. How Many days between the speaking and the rest part of IELT test. As it is now, time is of essence.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
miz Gene: I got my cas some days back....It specifically tells the ukba that my English has been assessed by the University and that I need not present any further tests as proof...
Well Congrats Gene. U're school is not bent on providing an english language proficiency test like some other uk schools are.If they were, or they were not specific by telling the ukba, that u're good to go. It would have posed a problem for u at the embassy. Congrats once again.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2013
Donsly1:
Well Congrats Gene. U're school is not bent on providing an english language proficiency test like some other uk schools are.If they were, or they were not specific by telling the ukba, that u're good to go. It would have posed a problem for u at the embassy. Congrats once again.
Tnx.I jst hope it all works out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Scored 330 In The GRE Exam (Part 1) / Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? / ASUU Cautions Labour Minister, Chris Ngige, Over Blackmail On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.