Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 (10119 Views)

The Biggest Mistakes Logo Designers Make / Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results / Free Nairaland Web Banner Ad Designs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ZinoFego: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2013
This is like a classroom, everyone is learning...Seun our Mr. Lecturer...kinda cool though...But Sir, I didn't get a review, does that mean a pass? I'm on "0" page!!!
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Kakatazz(f): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
SEUN,
Why have I been prevented from making comments and contributions in the "Travel" section? This has been on for about four days now.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
@bros12345: Your web design intro page is down. Please fix asap!
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by nihinlade(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
Landing page

http://nihtem.com/web-design-service.html

thanks for the opportunity.

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by MyICThub: 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ZinoFego: 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by nihinlade(m): 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Just an amendment pls:

landing page:

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by jideflash(m): 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
i got a perfect review. soo excited, now celebrating with chicken peppersoup and a cold bottle of guinness. Cheers to Greatness wink

Seun: @incometrader: Not bad, but you can make your text bigger and bolder still.
@ace1: Your text is too tiny. I can't read the words on your ad at all. Please make it legible so we can accept it.
@jideflash: Perfect!
@lemm: Your fonts are stretched. Please try to use unstretched fonts so we will be able to accept the ad.
@fizanos: Not bad, but your choice of font face and size could be improved!
@webplay: Not bad, but I wonder if you're trying to attract web design customers or random Hot males with that picture.
@bros12345: Not bad, but I wished you used the space to display more useful things than the giant click here button.
@gideong: What does "sweet" web design even mean? Also, text is far too small apart from the main line.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by bros12345: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
Seun: @bros12345: Your web design intro page is down. Please fix asap!

I have fixed it Seun. Thanks. I was actually doing a backup and update. Thanks again

https://fortune51.com/web-design-intro/
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
I'm pleased to inform everyone that the new ads are up on the same page: www.nairaland.com/webdesigners

We had only 18 winners this time. If you see your ad on the page above, then you're one of them. wink

Some people were disqualified because their text was illegible. Others for ads that were the wrong size. Sorry about that.

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by GideonG(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
I am so happy to be among the winners( http://gideongeorge.com ) in the second consecutive week!
No be by my power, Na God!
I am so excited. It's a dream come true and a beginning of a successful journey of greatness!

God Bless Nairaland!
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ZinoFego: 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
We won again! https://SpringWebHost.com. I'm grateful to our developers and much more to NairaLand! i love you guys.

Seun: I'm pleased to inform everyone that the new ads are up on the same page: www.nairaland.com/webdesigners

We had only 18 winners this time. If you see your ad on the page above, then you're one of them. wink

Some people were disqualified because their text was illegible. Others for ads that were the wrong size.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by MyICThub: 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
Pls Would Like To know why My Ad Was Not chosen So I Can Learn

Thanks

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
I'm sorry that I had to exclude your entry. Reasons below:
1. You used the Nairaland Forum header in the ad without the owner's permission.
2. The aesthetic quality of the ad was much lower than the others. You need a designer!

The concept was great, however.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by MyICThub: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
Thanks
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by otodeluxe(m): 12:16am On Mar 31, 2013
Uncle Seun, I've just noticed that some of this people you have given free ad space their landing page is not even responsive. What do you think about that?

I'm a webmaster but missed it.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 1:57am On Mar 31, 2013
otodeluxe: Uncle Seun, I've just noticed that some of this people you have given free ad space their landing page is not even responsive.
How many of them and which ones? Also, are you using mobile?
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by WebsiteGuy: 8:07am On Mar 31, 2013
Also for learning's sake, we will like to know why our ad is not among sir.
nihinlade: Just an amendment pls:

landing page:

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by GideonG(m): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2013
My site will go amazingly well on any type of mobile phone,tablet or any browser!
It's responsive, if you know what I mean. I use twitter bootstrap.

Seun, I am getting MAD TRAFFIC walahi, I use analytics to track and I will give you full statistics later.

As I'm waiting for conversion, I am working on Java/Android... OMG! I love programming I can't do without programming.

For my web design clients I use CodeIgniter PHP framework and twitter bootstrap to create CMS sites for them to be able to manage their content. I don't use wordpress,joomla or drupal anymore, this is 2013! Very soon it's going to be Python's Django and twitter bootstrap(Yes! just like Seun another PHP programmer moving to Python)But until then I need to master Android. I absolutely love what I do! passion and determination too much! If you love programming like me then you don't have sleep. No time to sleep...

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by GoldPencil: 9:40am On Mar 31, 2013
Seun:
The contrast between your main text "for your top class web designs" and the background is too low. Low contrast ads don't grab peoples' attention easily. Can you make the background darker and also make your text white? Thanks a million.

Hi, Seun
Thanks for the review. Effecting these changes wont be a problem. I came home to find out,my niece just spilt hot chocolate on my laptop, fried the circuits. have ordered for another. Amazon should get it here by thursday, after restoration of lost files,est. ill make changes as requested. Thanks for the opportunity bruh, you the best.
Cheers smiley,
GoldPencil
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
Seun: Some quick reviews:
@greenmouse: Can you make your text bigger?
@inpeace: not bad, but you forgot the single pixel border all round.
@goldenimp: I find the horizontally compressed head disturbing. Pls use a more natural aspect ratio. Also, can you include your website address at the bottom?
@muyi magic: Your text is tiny and blurry. Can you redesign the ad for the new size?
@amazingworldng: I hope the last variant you uploaded is the best one, because that,s the one I'm going to pick!
@flexi-net: I wish I knew what the lady's head represents. I also wish the line "website development" was more legible.
@lincolnpix: classy, but do your prospective clients know what "responsive web design" means. I would use the term "mobile-friendly"
@godman01: You included 22 words instead of 10 - 12. It's best to have fewer words and to make them big and bold.

@afolsnetworks: Not bad. Abuja residents will be drawn to it. wish you could get rid of the white halo around your text, though.

@mcfranc: Nice, but your text should be bigger and bolder, especially the url.

With the comment in bold, I'm surpriced my ad was not included in the display.

Any reason for this pls?
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: With the comment in bold, I'm surpriced my ad was not included in the display.
Any reason for this pls?
Image size. sad
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2013
Seun: Image size. sad

Dont really understandi o. I will check d image sha, just tat I cant reach ma lappy right now. But kindly consider my entry for the Abuja n environs. Thanks bro.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: Dont really understandi o.
You don't understand that the image size should be 154 by 95 pixels?
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ace1(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
@Seun Thanks 4 the ad
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by sisqology(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
Nice one again
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by chibundo7: 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pls find an0tha way 2 help ur b0ys rather than this @seun.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
Seun:
You don't understand that the image size should be 154 by 95 pixels?
Sorry I was 1pixel over.
Attached is the right size. Thank you.

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ZinoFego: 1:37am On Apr 01, 2013
WebsiteGuy: Also for learning's sake, we will like to know why our ad is not among sir.

Though the question wasn't directed to any other than Seun, but the reason bolden below may just be one of the reasons why you weren't taken:

This contest was contextual and the seat wasn't in any way appropriate for the banner especially considering the conditions specified by the Mod.

Thank you
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
WebsiteGuy: Also for learning's sake, we will like to know why our ad is not among sir.
Actually, the only reason is that you didn't meet the submission deadline.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by goldenimp(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
@seun Thanxxx for the ad
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by GideonG(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
I am getting traffic every single day.
More updates coming...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chicken Core: The Rise Of Kings - Nigeria's 1st Animated Short Film / I am TeddyArt. Check out my Toon Gallery. ( Photos) / Ikebe Super Or Lolly Magazine's Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.