Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,765 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? (2022 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by leonshom(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2013
Why did God forbid sex before marriage if he made it so pleasant?
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by pelepeleb: 11:20am On Mar 27, 2013
God make it like that because if you did not marry and you have sex, you can easily abandon your partner in sex, making your partner incomplete for the persion that marry that persion. doing contrary to what God want is a sin. many sin are to the out side of the body but sin of this nature ( sex ) is to the body. so the wond is forever permanent on your body.
so do it not.
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by NoProphecy: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
This could be the sign of an incompetent god who had no idea of what he was doing. The sloppy (intelligent?) human design has many flaws that god hates, but he was not smart enough to design them out of his creation. Despite this, he keeps his expectations intact and is eager to punish people for exhibiting the flaws the he created.

Another option is that god loves to punish and torture people. The scenario that you describe is a clear case of entrapment. It is setting people up so that a very large amount of them will fail. This allows god to justify his infliction of eternal suffering on them.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by leonshom(m): 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
Are u an Atheist? u sounded like one !
NoProphecy: This could be the sign of an incompetent god who had no idea of what he was doing. The sloppy (intelligent?) human design has many flaws that god hates, but he was not smart enough to design them out of his creation. Despite this, he keeps his expectations intact and is eager to punish people for exhibiting the flaws the he created.

Another option is that god loves to punish and torture people. The scenario that you describe is a clear case of entrapment. It is setting people up so that a very large amount of them will fail. This allows god to justify his infliction of eternal suffering on them.
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by DeepSight(m): 3:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
Who says that God forbids s.ex before marriage? Who told you this? Where did you get this information from?

There are some ancient cultures who wrote in their mythical books such things, but do we then conclude that that is the voice of God? How do you know that that is the voice of God?
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Image123(m): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
soon na to ask why did God put precious metals and mineral resources deep down, or why put the ear on the head instead of on the chest.
@deepS, the Christian God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by DeepSight(m): 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
Image123: soon na to ask why did God put precious metals and mineral resources deep down, or why put the ear on the head instead of on the chest.
@deepS, the Christian God.

Are there different Gods?

God is the creator. If he puts a natural craving within your system, you had better not think urself wiser than him. Its there for a reason, just as surely as hunger and pain are there for reasons.

Now, I charge you, as your sacred master, fall upon the next thing in skirts around you and do holy justice to her.
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by ijawkid(m): 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Deep Sight:

Now, I charge you, as your sacred master, fall upon the next thing in skirts around you and do holy justice to her.

shocked
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by seyibrown(f): 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
@ OP:

God created sekz. Sekz is pleasurable. He created this pleasure to be had within the union of one man and one woman bound together till death parts them. Sekz outside marriage defiles your body - which is the temple of God. Sekz outside marriage will ruin your life, your relationships with others, and the lives of those around you to a great extent.
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by enilove(m): 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
leonshom: Why did God forbid sex before marriage if he made it so pleasant?

This shows that most people are ungrateful.
If God had made sex a painful experience,you would have called it an act of wickedness.

Your tongue is another organ of the body,God makes it possible for us to enjoy diff types of foods ( Sense of taste) .You can be stoned to death or arrested if you go to a Fast - food outlet and take things without pymt.

As long as you cannot take another person's food and eat without pymt or the consent of that person,likewise in intercourse.
A woman belongs to her parents,you do not have the right to make love to her since she is not yet your wife.You must pay for her dowry.
When you have paid the dowry to the parents,then you have been given the go ahead to meet with her.

Everything in life is with a purpose and there are procedures to be followed.

Nowadays ,people are bcoming rebelious more and more, which is the spirit of the end time.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Image123(m): 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
Deep Sight:

Are there different Gods?

God is the creator. If he puts a natural craving within your system, you had better not think urself wiser than him. Its there for a reason, just as surely as hunger and pain are there for reasons.

There are many gods but the Christian God is the true and living. Natural cravings are no excuse for lack of self control. There are procedures and standards to follow. If you naturally want to urinate, you look for where and even when to do it. Its no excuse to excrete right on the spot, or in the nearest gutter, or even in the opposite gender's toilet. Like enilov said, hunger is no excuse to take another's meal or eat uncooked food. There are standards and procedures. The same God that gave us emotions and desires also gave us reason(ing) and the two have to balance. It's usually a disaster to be propelled by one without respect for the other.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Goshen360(m): 1:33am On Mar 28, 2013
We discussed this subject few months back and yet, some of you didn't take out any time to go study it again. God help the church.
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by blahcknproud: 9:40am On Mar 28, 2013
Reading the Op's post reminds me of my childhood. As a kid, I remember going to the amusement park and my favorite was the scooter. I could drive in those things for hours, it was pleasure to me and my parents knew it.
But then I always wanted to drive a real car too (I was about 11 or 12 yrs) and was always mad at my parents when they denied me after seeing display skills on the scooter. Apparently, they knew the dangers I would be exposed to and I didn't. In the same way, we only see the pleasurable part of sex before marriage. It may be pleasurable, but it will ruin.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
Goshen360: We discussed this subject few months back and yet, some of you didn't take out any time to go study it again. God help the church.

Link, bro?
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2013

What did God make so pleasant? Sex itself? Or sex before marriage?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Alfamann: 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
blahcknproud: Reading the Op's post reminds me of my childhood. As a kid, I remember going to the amusement park and my favorite was the scooter. I could drive in those things for hours, it was pleasure to me and my parents knew it.
But then I always wanted to drive a real car too (I was about 11 or 12 yrs) and was always mad at my parents when they denied me after seeing display skills on the scooter. Apparently, they knew the dangers I would be exposed to and I didn't. In the same way, we only see the pleasurable part of sex before marriage. It may be pleasurable, but it will ruin.

No, it won't. Not if you know what you are doing. A 30 year old man that has never driven a car will be useless behind the wheels. It is not about age or mental capacity but about knowledge. If people study sex and follow safe sex procedure and take precautions, it is a very satisfying and rewarding experience. Just like driving.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
CAN YOU SHOW US WHERE IN THE BIBLE IT SAYS SO ?
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by tpia5: 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
hmm, wonder why no one responded to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1094025/castrated-men-live-longer
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Snowwy: 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
@enilove and image123, you have said it all. Sex is designed for the man and his wife. Just as one cannot just fall on someone else's wife or daughter so sex is for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by Image123(m): 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
Snowwy: @enilove and image123, you have said it all. Sex is designed for the man and his wife. Just as one cannot just fall on someone else's wife or daughter so sex is for marriage.
yes boss cheesy
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by vislabraye(m): 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2013

Or you may ask, "why not have multiple sex partners since it is so sweet?"

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by NoProphecy: 12:08am On Mar 29, 2013
leonshom: Are u an Atheist? u sounded like one !
An incompetent or evil, sadistic god is still a god. It has nothing to do with atheism.
Re: Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? by NoProphecy: 12:10am On Mar 29, 2013
Snowwy: @enilove and image123, you have said it all. Sex is designed for the man and his wife...

Where do you get this from?

(1) (Reply)

7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance. / Video: Blood-moon, Solar Eclipse, End Of The World, People’s Reactions / VIDEO - Pastor Caught Smashing His Member Pants Down In The Name Of Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.