Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,419 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas (22012 Views)

5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema / 10 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas / Can Uti Nwachukwu, Bryan Okwara & Ors Make “true Citizens” Fly In Cinemas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Orikinla(m): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Jollof: My girl and I went to see Jack and the Beanstalk Jack the Giant Slayer last night and it was more entertaining than I had anticipated (Though I never noticed any female giants, which begs the question, 'How on earth were such a mythical army of 'males' born in the first place?). We arrived in good time, bought the calorie-adding popcorn and fizzy drink, plus we were the third couple to walk into the screening room, allowing us to pick choice seats. Unfortunately there was one critical factor we were completely unprepared for and had no way of predicting - the unpredictability of Nigerian cinema goers. *flexes fingers*

1. Talking on their phones. Whilst we watched Fee Fi Fo Fum confront Jack, I had to hold myself from not confronting the buffoon on my row who was answering a mobile phone call. He made no attempt to whisper - you could hear every single word he was saying (so much so that I heard him say he would call back in 10 minutes when he knew fully well that the movie had another hour to go! Seriously?!!). He must have talked for a good 3 minutes with no interruptions - not even a 'shush' from anyone in the audience...bizarre. I know what I was thinking of telling him (To know what that was, click here only if you're 18 or older).

2. Putting their feet up on the seat in front. Despite the fact that the seats in Silverbird Cinemas Ikeja can be reclined (just like you have on airplanes) some movie goers here still feel the need to milk every possible position of comfort. Not only is putting your feet up on someone else's seat bad manners but it also makes the poor person sat in that chair look like a bunny rabbit with dirty ears! (imagine the soles of two shoes on top of someone's head).

3. Bringing babies under 1 year. I'm no expert on babies but I'm pretty sure that exposing their tiny eardrums to thunderous explosions aptly amplified by Dolby surround speakers (just for good measure) would not aid hearing development. I can understand the challenges of finding a trustworthy babysitter or persuading a relative to watch over the baby. However, there's always the earplugs option, the rent-a-DVD option or the wait-till-the-movie-comes-out-on- DVD option. For God's sake, prioritize! baby first, giants later!

4. Talking to the cinema screen. We all get carried away sometimes. But when there are other people around you there should be limits. At what point would a movie watcher realize that all his warnings and pockets of advice are not being ignored by the movie characters - THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE IT IS ONLY A MOVIE! Or maybe they just feel the people around them are probably so dim that we need an indirect explanation to bring us up to speed >> 'Thanks but I watched the movie synopsis, I'm familiar with this sort of mythological theme and story-line, and most importantly I have over 25 years of movie-watching experience!' Keep your commentary to yourself and STFU refer to the link in point 1.

5. Standing up minutes before the movie ends. Some Nigerians just don't get the full value of what they pay for simply because they lack patience. Take for instance the blockbuster movie The Avengers which had some added movie footage after the credits. Other notable movies with added footage include, THOR and Fast Five. It wouldn't hurt to just sit tight for another 3 minutes just to be sure that you haven't missed a sneak preview into any possible sequels. Or don't they even want to know the name of that really good actress with the nice butt and sexy accent or the hunk with the biceps and piercing blue eyes? (for example). I frankly don't care if they stay or go but they usually disrupt my viewing pleasure as they make no attempt to crouch as they pass in front of me - inconsiderate bunch of *#@%?!!

Alas, I have come to the end of my intended rant. If you've been a victim then I'm sure you can relate to this article. If you have other annoying things people (not necessarily Nigerians) do in the movie theaters then please spill the magic beans wink
[size=28pt]
Majority of them grew up without movie theaters so they lack the company manners.
Actually majority of Nigerians are ill-bred by parents who are intellectually re-tarded.[/size]
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dyt: Unnecessary screaming
If u know u can't take d heat, y nt jst simply watch in ur house
I haven't seen a girl make more nonsense of herself. God forbid I date an uncultured girl like you. No single class at all and I doubt you can even fake it if you try. Bush girl, I know picking your nose in public is acceptable to you.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by kekilika: 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
how this your ranting and co ranter take affect the price of garri for oshodi market?

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Nuzo1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
Waasseerree!!! shocked angry cheesy
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by UjSizzle(f): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
I can't stand incessant talks when a movie is on(cinema n off), dunno why people won't shut it like the next line isn't as important. It's kool to laugh at the funny scene but really do u still have to keep talking about it 10mins later

And the loitering, God i hate it!
Eat dump on the floor...like seriously??!!
Murray Bruce is the best thing that's happened to Nigerian TV n entertainment...only wonder how he feels now with ill bred people patronizing undecided
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Desloaaa(f): 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hugoboi:

Is there even anything like the bolded?
grammer tinzz..
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by manny4life(m): 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]
Majority of them grew up without movie theaters so they lack the company manners.
Actually majority of Nigerians are ill-bred by parents who are intellectually re-tarded.[/size]

Mr bred well behavior, this is standard behaviors in most theaters, at least for the ones mostly in the U.S., and in my own area. The bottom line is you get used to it with time or simply don't go, it's not all movies that I go to see, better yet, I go when there's a lesser type of crowd and timing is important. If u go around 9pm, there's less children and more adults than if u go around 12-7pm...
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Dyt(f): 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
blink182: I haven't seen a girl make more nonsense of herself. God forbid I date an uncultured girl like you. No single class at all and I doubt you can even fake it if you try. Bush girl, I know picking your nose in public is acceptable to you.

WTF are u talkin abt?
U high on excessive a55 bangin?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by omonnakoda: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Jona!wetin be movie
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Revolva(m): 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
manny4life:

Mr bred well behavior, this is standard behaviors in most theaters, at least for the ones mostly in the U.S., and in my own area. The bottom line is you get used to it with time or simply don't go, it's not all movies that I go to see, better yet, I go when there's a lesser type of crowd and timing is important. If u go around
9pm, there's less children and more adults than if u go around 12-7pm...
I beg help me tell d idiot..that's just sit down in fron of his laptop ..claming prince of engand well brought up...is it not the same america some one came to the cinemas with.a gun and killed innocent souls..he is there insulting nigerians..look naija dey suffer and smile leave dem let's dem make noise in d cinema - na dem money dem pay..after all the cinema screen is BIG and large ...so no body fit block each other view while standing
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
billante: See forming for here Mtcheew! people wey never go a cinema or dey ogbomosho dey follow talk undecided
Going to cinema na luxury for you abi?
Guy for uyo, na 300 naira per movie!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Orikinla(m): 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
manny4life:

Mr bred well behavior, this is standard behaviors in most theaters, at least for the ones mostly in the U.S., and in my own area. The bottom line is you get used to it with time or simply don't go, it's not all movies that I go to see, better yet, I go when there's a lesser type of crowd and timing is important. If u go around 9pm, there's less children and more adults than if u go around 12-7pm...

Many of them just go there as social functions and dating and not really movie buffs.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by MrCork17: 5:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
huh? .. you people hav cinima ther in NIgeria?? when?undecided
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by otilexy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
fuckluv: This is what happened in a crowdy place, so not surprised. Ve never been to the cinema here in naija cos i know how "my pple" behave. sad
na u sabi. No be dem find. U trouble ? How we for take no say u just return Frm yanki?...hypo!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by otilexy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
ITbomb: Cuddling a girl in the front row
c'mon there are darker out-of-sight seats around. I paid for the 'hunger games', not for 'bold 5 babes'
busy body,jealousy! Who ask u not to come wit ur neighbor since u don't ve a girlfriend?
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Some people are jes wannabes. They jes wanna prove they are better. For ur mind now u think silverbird is the epitome of cinema?
There are some cinemas u might not be able to visit in the developes countries, and those ones like silverbird are open for anybody!
Av downloaded me some pirated movies and seen them do much worse!
Yet u plunged urself here like d wite men don't even defecate!

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by elnino3(m): 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
clue:
Going to cinema na luxury for you abi?
Guy for uyo, na 300 naira per movie!

My guy na 250 bucks o...

but on a serious note, aside from the entertainment factor there is always and informative factor to every movie( not naija ones sha) so even me i do wait read the credits learn who did what etc. also if the movie had a nice soundtrack you can see the artist and writer along with the credits....Now thats informative...
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by adexsimply(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
el_nino:

My guy na 250 bucks o...

but on a serious note, aside from the entertainment factor there is always and informative factor to every movie( not naija ones sha) so even me i do wait read the credits learn who did what etc. also if the movie had a nice soundtrack you can see the artist and writer along with the credits....Now thats informative...
now sum1 is thinking in the right direction
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by OCcool: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
otilexy: busy body,jealousy! Who ask u not to come wit ur neighbor since u don't ve a girlfriend?
Oh pls just shut up ur mouth, ok?

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Crixina(f): 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]
quoting all these just to insult majority of nigerians tells us how intellectually sound you are.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by dedons: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
rhymz: hahahahhaha. . . This got me cracking. Grand dad and his knack for turning everything into a song.
Can't even remember the last time I was in a Cinema. . . That time silverbed and co never dream of cinema na. . . . Those days of Indian and Chinese films, then Commando Rambo and co. . . I remember that Cinema in Ola market, the space has been taken over now by Redeem. . . You go dey watch film like this person go dey shout on to reactions. . .lol. . Mehn, who get time these days sef for such.
bros na ilasa u dey stay?
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Dubemkelly(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Cinema z a public place n u shud learn 2 tolerate, peeps gatta do wah dey deem fit, u cnt stop screaming esp by gurls,moving in nd out is humane, just see d movie n take ur ass off d cinema....No dull urself on top bike cos Oga @d top has nva sent u there,I presume u hv gone there out of ur own will
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dubemkelly: Cinema z a public place n u shud learn 2 tolerate, peeps gatta do wah dey deem fit, u cnt stop screaming esp by gurls,moving in nd out is humane, just see d movie n take ur ass off d cinema....No dull urself on top bike cos Oga @d top has nva sent u there,I presume u hv gone there out of ur own will
If I am to use your line of reasoning and begin to call you unprintable names, laying claim that this is a public forum, bla bla bla, would you tolerate it?
Yes we have fundamental rights! But are they absolute?
If I must tolerate any untoward behaviour, what about the other fellow? Will he/she tolerate mine?
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by fitzmayowa: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
People wey never go cinema before go follow comment for this thread ooo...naija dey sabi form die

1 Like

Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by Urine: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
adexsimply: y wuld i go to a cinema? a waste of precious coding time

God bless you!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by rhymz(m): 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
dedons: bros na ilasa u dey stay?
lol. . . . Not too far from ilasa. . Around that Cele-ijesha side. You sabi sabi that Odo-eran or Ola market? Na that side I been dey. . But lately sha, i don move on. . Lol. . If u know wat i mean
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by foward1212(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
I feel u, u do make sence, a lot lake manners, they don't know how 2 behave in public. They justbehave like animals

Orikinla:
[size=28pt]
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by deniyor: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Jollof: My girl and I went to see Jack and the Beanstalk Jack the Giant Slayer last night and it was more entertaining than I had anticipated (Though I never noticed any female giants, which begs the question, 'How on earth were such a mythical army of 'males' born in the first place?). We arrived in good time, bought the calorie-adding popcorn and fizzy drink, plus we were the third couple to walk into the screening room, allowing us to pick choice seats. Unfortunately there was one critical factor we were completely unprepared for and had no way of predicting - the unpredictability of Nigerian cinema goers. *flexes fingers*

1. Talking on their phones. Whilst we watched Fee Fi Fo Fum confront Jack, I had to hold myself from not confronting the buffoon on my row who was answering a mobile phone call. He made no attempt to whisper - you could hear every single word he was saying (so much so that I heard him say he would call back in 10 minutes when he knew fully well that the movie had another hour to go! Seriously?!!). He must have talked for a good 3 minutes with no interruptions - not even a 'shush' from anyone in the audience...bizarre. I know what I was thinking of telling him (To know what that was, click here only if you're 18 or older).

2. Putting their feet up on the seat in front. Despite the fact that the seats in Silverbird Cinemas Ikeja can be reclined (just like you have on airplanes) some movie goers here still feel the need to milk every possible position of comfort. Not only is putting your feet up on someone else's seat bad manners but it also makes the poor person sat in that chair look like a bunny rabbit with dirty ears! (imagine the soles of two shoes on top of someone's head).

3. Bringing babies under 1 year. I'm no expert on babies but I'm pretty sure that exposing their tiny eardrums to thunderous explosions aptly amplified by Dolby surround speakers (just for good measure) would not aid hearing development. I can understand the challenges of finding a trustworthy babysitter or persuading a relative to watch over the baby. However, there's always the earplugs option, the rent-a-DVD option or the wait-till-the-movie-comes-out-on- DVD option. For God's sake, prioritize! baby first, giants later!

4. Talking to the cinema screen. We all get carried away sometimes. But when there are other people around you there should be limits. At what point would a movie watcher realize that all his warnings and pockets of advice are not being ignored by the movie characters - THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE IT IS ONLY A MOVIE! Or maybe they just feel the people around them are probably so dim that we need an indirect explanation to bring us up to speed >> 'Thanks but I watched the movie synopsis, I'm familiar with this sort of mythological theme and story-line, and most importantly I have over 25 years of movie-watching experience!' Keep your commentary to yourself and STFU refer to the link in point 1.

5. Standing up minutes before the movie ends. Some Nigerians just don't get the full value of what they pay for simply because they lack patience. Take for instance the blockbuster movie The Avengers which had some added movie footage after the credits. Other notable movies with added footage include, THOR and Fast Five. It wouldn't hurt to just sit tight for another 3 minutes just to be sure that you haven't missed a sneak preview into any possible sequels. Or don't they even want to know the name of that really good actress with the nice butt and sexy accent or the hunk with the biceps and piercing blue eyes? (for example). I frankly don't care if they stay or go but they usually disrupt my viewing pleasure as they make no attempt to crouch as they pass in front of me - inconsiderate bunch of *#@%?!!

Alas, I have come to the end of my intended rant. If you've been a victim then I'm sure you can relate to this article. If you have other annoying things people (not necessarily Nigerians) do in the movie theaters then please spill the magic beans wink

I found the cellphone part very annoying. To make matters worse...the guy I went with was the one talking so loudly, I felt like take the phone and smashing it. Just told him he was disturbing everyone.
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by foward1212(m): 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
I feel u, u do make sence, a lot of people lake manners, they don't know how 2 behave in public. They justbehave like animals

Orikinla:
[size=28pt]
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by samkoro: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Is this Nigeria's problem.We need better things to discuss here please
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by BashToks: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dyt: Unnecessary screaming
If u know u can't take d heat, y nt jst simply watch in ur house

NIGERIANS AND THEIR FOOLISH MENTALITY.
It's a public place.. Idiots like you are the kind that say "Go and read in your house if you complain of them making noise in the library".
Decorum has no meaning to them.
Barbarians!
Re: 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas by BashToks: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Mzflakkie: undecidedU no get work abi. Iranu undecidedU no get work abi. Iranu

Orde!!
I sabi ur kind.. Work like drones all ur life.. Die of a stroke at 50. What do u do for fun?? Errr.. Sleep abi. SMH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: “I Want Rico Swavey To Cook For Me" - Lady / BBNaija Disqualification: Beauty’ll Work On Managing Emotions – Brother / Most Interesting TV Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.