Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk (15190 Views)

Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by pahtahkee: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2008
@ Bumper,

Which tribe are you from? What do you mean by motor mouth
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by lucabrasi(m): 4:29am On Apr 08, 2008
@bumper

wow,seems like you r realli pissed off with nigerians and foreigners of any kind being in the united kingdom,pls take it easy as migration will always happen and theres little anyone can do about it
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2008
lucabrasi:

@bumper

wow,seems like you r realli pissed off with nigerians and foreigners of any kind being in the united kingdom,please take it easy as migration will always happen and theres little anyone can do about it

You are wrong mate, I harbour no ill-feeling towards anyone who needs to migrate to seek a better life for themselves or their families, I only dislike freeloaders like every other law abiding taxpayer.

Besides, I am an offspring of an immigrant. Every one in the UK who is not of "white" descent is either an immigrant or the child of one.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ Bumper,

Which tribe are you from?

I am from the source, Ile-Ife.

pahtahkee:

@ Bumper,
What do you mean by motor mouth

grin grin grin
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by MrPataki1: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
I see. How come you can speak Igbo? tongue How you doing? Seems that previous night you were a bit high. Are you back now? cheesy

Wetin dey laugh you? cheesy Abeg give me explanation jare. You dey show me your teeth. tongue
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by winnteam(m): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2008
Hi all,

I do not agree that the main reason most people go abroad to give birth is for citizenship or status symbol.
I speak from experience.

I got married in 2000 and never had plans to have my children outside Nigeria (i never imagined it). But, 20 weeks after my wife got pregnant we lost the baby. This happened 3 times and non of the doctors could give any eason even after series of tests.

In one of the hospitals in Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria, the doctor himself advised us to go abroad which I of course did not listen to. We eventually had a baby that died after 4 days while still in the hospital. This was the lowest period of my life.

My wife was eventually able to get over the trauma of the loss and we started attending a clinic owned by one of the professors in LUTH and also another private hospital. By this time I had made up my mind we were not going to take chances, my wife traveled abroad with her case note from LUTH.

On getting there, it was discovered that all the tests performed in LUTH were wrong and she had to be admitted into hospital 10 days before her EDD.

To cut a long story short, we had the baby, the baby had the same challenge the one that died had but, because of greater care and better value for life my baby was diagnosed and treated promprtly. But, in Nigeria th one that died was in the incubator for the 4 days she lived and the owners of the hospital would switch off the power generating set in the night to conserve fuel a the expense of human life.

They gave us a death certificate claiming cause of death to be sepsis. But, we were told what the issue was in the UK.

We were given a bill of over N400,000.00 for a dead child. We were reAdy to pay our bill in the Uk and we PAID.

If you guys found yourselves in such a situation what would you do? A lot of Nigerians have had this experience.

Mark you I LOVE NIGERIA but my joy was at stake here.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 2:49am On Apr 14, 2008
winnteam:

Hi all,

I do not agree that the main reason most people go abroad to give birth is for citizenship or status symbol.
I speak from experience.

I got married in 2000 and never had plans to have my children outside Nigeria (i never imagined it). But, 20 weeks after my wife got pregnant we lost the baby. This happened 3 times and non of the doctors could give any eason even after series of tests.

In one of the hospitals in Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria, the doctor himself advised us to go abroad which I of course did not listen to. We eventually had a baby that died after 4 days while still in the hospital. This was the lowest period of my life.

My wife was eventually able to get over the trauma of the loss and we started attending a clinic owned by one of the professors in LUTH and also another private hospital. By this time I had made up my mind we were not going to take chances, my wife traveled abroad with her case note from LUTH.

On getting there, it was discovered that all the tests performed in LUTH were wrong and she had to be admitted into hospital 10 days before her EDD.

To cut a long story short, we had the baby, the baby had the same challenge the one that died had but, because of greater care and better value for life my baby was diagnosed and treated promprtly. But, in Nigeria th one that died was in the incubator for the 4 days she lived and the owners of the hospital would switch off the power generating set in the night to conserve fuel a the expense of human life.

They gave us a death certificate claiming cause of death to be sepsis. But, we were told what the issue was in the UK.

We were given a bill of over N400,000.00 for a dead child. We were reAdy to pay our bill in the Uk and we PAID.

If you guys found yourselves in such a situation what would you do? A lot of Nigerians have had this experience.

Mark you I LOVE NIGERIA but my joy was at stake here.

Glory be to God.

To be fair to the OP, he was only trying to warn people about travelling into the country with a "visiting visa" whilst pregnant in order to . . . and paramountly, I already made a statement about people procuring "visa for medical purposes", the route which your wife probably utilised.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by LondonCool(m): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2008
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by EloSela(f): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2008
Midolo:

Elosela, where did you hear that they are now taking fingerprints of all visitors to the UK? We just landed yesterday at 7.30am and nobody took our fingerprints.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7186492.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6936139.stm
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2008
They take it when you apply for a visa or when you go to request for/renew a visa.
Never thought I'd say this, but the poster above is/was right. tongue
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2008
My local hospitals Queens in Romford would not even accept you in an emergency situation without first seeing proof of ID, just because they have to appease their residents to stop voting for BNP, who have a stronghold in the area.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by LondonCool(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2008
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by funkybaby(f): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2008
@Londoncool
Will fingerprints also be taken from people LEAVING the UK from respective airports or is it going to be limited to entry? Thanks.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by Mystery11(m): 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2008
So my child will be a british citizen if born in london??

Need an explanation plsss
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by presido1: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2008
Why do we always complain when something involves Nigerians. If you leave in UK just take a look around you and see how many Somalians are working. Are they not enjoying that your tax more than you do. They have more than one wife, their wives don't work and the husband works only two days in a week. Where do you think they get the support they need for the up keep of their families? I believe its not from this Somali land i leave in. The system in UK is being abused both by Immigrants and Sons and daughters of the soil. If others abuse the system i don't think Nigerians should be singled out as target.
I really don't blame anybody but the Government. How can you give a healthy somebody free house,free water, free electricity and free money as well. Most of them benefit takers earn more than most people that work 40hours a week.
big_bumper:

You are wrong mate, I harbour no ill-feeling towards anyone who needs to migrate to seek a better life for themselves or their families, I only dislike freeloaders like every other law abiding taxpayer.

Besides, I am an offspring of an immigrant. Every one in the UK who is not of "white" descent is either an immigrant or the child of one.
Haven't you noticed that offspring of immigrants don't normally like immigrants. Michael Howard, Nikola Sarkosy just to mention the popular once.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by spoilt(f): 1:11am On Apr 22, 2008
I always tell my friends who can afford it to have a baby overseas at least once. Just so they can see how a woman should be treated when she's in labor. In  nigeria you are virtually treated like cattle. Women are beaten, yelled at and verbally abused while giving birth. Their horror stories have me aghast and reeling in disbelief.
Many go overseas because of the citizenship status these babies will have. I on the other hand encourage many to go just to be treated like human beings. If there is indeed a clamp down then its not worth trying to risk deportation. There are many other countries where you can go. My heart just bleeds for the ones that have to face those mean insensitive nigerian nurses. God will have mercy.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by LondonCool(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2008
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2008
presido1:

. . . Haven't you noticed that offspring of immigrants don't normally like immigrants. Michael Howard, Nikola Sarkosy just to mention the popular once.

Is that a fact or are you talking out of your 
nice to meet you too grin grin grin
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2008
Mystery 1:

So my child will be a british citizen if born in london??

Need an explanation plsss

Sorry for the long-winded reply;

If either you or the dad is a citizen or has settled status, your child is a British citizen at birth.

If your child was born between 1st Jan 1983 and 1st Jul 2006, the dad (if he is the citizen) has to be married to the mum, but if the mum is the citizen, she does not have to be married to the dad. If the child was born after 1st July 2006, there is no need for the parents to be married.

If none of you is a citizen or has settled status, i.e. you are here to work, study, visit, entered illegally or in breach of any immigration laws, your child is not a British citizen at birth. The child would have the rights to registration as a British citizen if the child lives in the country continuosly for 10 years or if the either or both of the parents gets settled status before the child gets to the age of 18.

If your child is over 18, he/she would have to apply for naturalisation.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by Dreloaded(f): 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2008
Haven't you noticed that offspring of immigrants don't normally like immigrants.

Very true. Sadly many populate Nairaland sef.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by spoilt(f): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2008
do they have any reason to feel superior?
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by Dreloaded(f): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2008
spoilt:

do they have any reason to feel superior?

they are more "civilized" and "authentic" slaves to the Queen?
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2008
actually, that applies everywhere -
all those americans who keep beefing wetbacks and illegal immigrants are immigrants(three generations removed) what the hell - indians were there first. . .so one can assume that caucasians, latinos, negroids, mongolids etal are all immigirants. . .
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 8:09pm On May 01, 2008
presido1:

. . . Haven't you noticed that offspring of immigrants don't normally like immigrants. Michael Howard, Nikola Sarkosy just to mention the popular once.

Thank God I sabi my place as a second-class citizen twice-removed. Grrrrrrrrr those whitey and their fake smile does my head in big-time.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by erico2k2(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2008
Bumper 80% of what you said was corect however, there is this unwritten rule in becomming a british citizen by birth
if you have had a child here in the UK in the last 2 years you would notice that the process for registering your child has change and if you dont register your child=No birth certificate
Both parents have to be present nowadays to register the child in the Dad's name or else it stays on the woman's name of which if she dont have a Red kpali she cant do either.
Take a look at the new passport application form if you are below 18 your parent or guardian has to sign your form, the have to put thier passport number(british only) now at this point, if none of you have a british passport trouble
if you are above 18 now you need to show your full birth cert.it has to contain father and mother's name, now if at time of birth both parent where not married, the Mum has to be a red-passport holder.
Now the Big one, you can no longer add you kids in your passport in order to take them abroad they have to get thier own passport, os if they cant have passport the are stock till they are 18.this is the new situation we find ourselves in the Uk, the are clamping down hard, real hard.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by landis(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2008
the are clamping down hard, real hard.

so come back home.

Yaradua has just declared emergency on power.

all is well now.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by Busybody2(f): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2008
erico2k2:

Bumper 80% of what you said was corect however, there is this unwritten rule in becomming a british citizen by birth
if you have had a child here in the UK in the last 2 years you would notice that the process for registering your child has change and if you don't register your child=No birth certificate
Both parents have to be present nowadays to register the child in the Dad's name or else it stays on the woman's name of which if she don't have a Red kpali she can't do either.
Take a look at the new passport application form if you are below 18 your parent or guardian has to sign your form, the have to put their passport number(british only) now at this point, if none of you have a british passport trouble
if you are above 18 now you need to show your full birth cert.it has to contain father and mother's name, now if at time of birth both parent where not married, the Mum has to be a red-passport holder.
Now the Big one, you can no longer add you kids in your passport in order to take them abroad they have to get their own passport, os if they can't have passport the are stock till they are 18.this is the new situation we find ourselves in the Uk, the are clamping down hard, real hard.

Just stumbled on this whilst passing by and minding my own business. The post sef nearly wan make me choke on the sausage wey I dey chop

There are 5 "ifs scenario" in the post of Big_Bumper causing the bone of contention, so your assertion that 80% is correct means 4 out of the 5 "ifs" were right, so care to expain which was the wrong "if"  or the iffy one? undecided
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by erico2k2(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2008
I go home all the time lol my mum and Dad are all there, he has to declear Emergency on power, its a technical procedure, its a system abdopted by the west for ages and it work, they have set wasy of dealing with emergency meaning all Emergency procidure would be taken in dealing with the issue, no more lagging awards of contract etc
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by erico2k2(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2008
@@@@@Busy Body
well this is a very wide topic, could you please tell me the ifs in Bumper's statement you think is the bone of contention  lol, I will reply in full I promise,I have two kids here in the UK, I have gone fru all that so I think I can answer any question regarding these issue
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by LondonCool(m): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2008
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by erico2k2(m): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2008
LondonCool I understand what you are saying, and Im confident in what answer I have to give and I can point to the required legislature that backs this,just to add a lil spice in it, I work for the NHS,I no B Docotr oh but in CLinical audit and Pals.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by erico2k2(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2008
and most of these so called rule are unwritten, some you can only understand or apreciate if you gone fru that circumstance etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) / 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) / Petrol Tanker And Car On Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.