Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? (1520 Views)

I Met Our Boss Today And It Worth It / Beware Of Trailer Drivers On Long Distance Journeys / Is Time Spent On Nairaland Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by thestar2(f): 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2008
I am currently in a long distance relationship, i dont mean, in a different city, i mean hes in another continent! I have found over the years that it has it ups and downs, like any other relationship. But mine is mostly on its ups, Maybe thats because of the way i percieve things or the way i feel for him, or maybe im just lucky! I am happy with with my boyfriend and cant wait for the years ahead.

What are your views on long distance loves?
Either the same country but different city, different continent, or even down the road, but still too far for you lazy ones! lol
i'ld like to know your views and ideas,
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by Encomium(m): 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2008
Yes ofcourse, when based on trust and sincerity.
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by Encomium(m): 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2008
Yes ofcourse, when based on trust and sincerity.
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by moshoodn(m): 10:10am On Apr 02, 2008
It depends on d perception of d duo in love,

Remember,

"Absence makes d heart grow fonder, "

OR. .

"out of sight,out of mind."

Whether he lives down d street,or in Australia,

It all depends on d mind of d individuals involved.
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by sistajay(f): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2008
I guess it depends, it takes two to make anything WORK.
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by chicicy(f): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2008
It depends
on both parties involved.
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by mistamalik: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2008
Long distance relationship my foot!
wont touch it with a ten-foot pole
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by Teekay82(f): 9:39am On Apr 03, 2008
I think dat if both partners love, trust and are faithful to one another the relationship should work out just fine,  we should not 4get dat we are only human, staying away 4 too looooong might make the other partner to be tempted to do "things" dat may break up the relationship.
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by popoyeh(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2011
the_star:

I am currently in a long distance relationship, i dont mean, in a different city, i mean hes in another continent! I have found over the years that it has it ups and downs, like any other relationship. But mine is mostly on its ups, Maybe thats because of the way i percieve things or the way i feel for him, or maybe im just lucky! I am happy with with my boyfriend and cant wait for the years ahead.

What are your views on long distance loves?
Either the same country but different city, different continent, or even down the road, but still too far for you lazy ones! lol
i'ld like to know your views and ideas,

You speak exactly like my girlfriend would, your description fits my situation perfectly and l also think am extremely lucky. Also, am in Naija, but shes studying in the UK.
One neccessity to make long distance relationship (LDR) work is trust, I completely trust my gf and I also absolutely believe shes the one for me, the answer to my prayer, my very own Pocahontas e.t.c. Knowing I have found the ideal bone of my bones has made it easy for me to say NO to the numerous attention I get from 'seductresses' called Naija girls. What I have missed though is the intimacy of sitting close to my gf and just listen to her talk, while looking deep into her eyes being nonplussed by the perfect beauty she possesses.
Altogether, LDR is good if you can maintain it and it is easily maintained if you trust your partner and believe he/she is custom made for you. It sure makes it easy for me. Cheers.
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by kaynik(f): 2:14am On Jan 11, 2012
I was involved in a long distance relationship of about 3years,. We are both in different continents. Even though my ex always said the long distance relationship is what causes the strain between us, I always begged to differ. About 2years back he suddenly developed a bad habit of verbally abusing me. He blamed me for the distance because i cant return his visit. Before the long dist relationship ever started, I asked if it would work, I asked if he would visit and I told him I may not be able to visit till we are properly married. He encouraged me and said it will work.
He has forgotten all of his promises and when he gets stressed he reigns ugly abuses on me, insults that keep me miserable and depressed for months and then after a while he apologises. Then he does it again weeks later. So my take on long distance is, it depends on the individuals involved. Some times long distance relationship isnt actually the problem. It may be a cheating partner, an abusive partner, a partner that fails to communicate etc. Its the people in the relationship that break or make it!
Re: Long Distance Relatonship: Are They Worth It? by paulbesi: 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
MOST TIMES WE DONT TELL ONE ANOTHER THE TRUTH
ONE COULD OR WOULD BE CHEATING ON THE OTHER
AND CLAIM ALL IS WELL OR EVEN BOTH COULD BE
CHEATING ON EACH OTHER,COS EVEN RIGHT UNDER
YOUR NOSE PEOPLE DO IT.

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy And Sugar Daddy / Bomb Blast In Un Building Abuja 300 Trapped / Where Is The ''new Topic'' Link on Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.