Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala (734 Views)

This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW / How To Move My Contacts From My N8 To My New PHANTOM A+ / Pls, How Can I Transfer My Contacts From Nokia E71 To Iphone5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by Joe50(m): 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
i just got this htc desire android phone, i was using nokia e6 before in which i use netqin mobile guard to backup my contacts to their server.

i downloaded netqin on the htc android phone and restore my contacts back. believe me almost every two days all my contacts i restored always wipe out.

please is there any way to stop this?
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by Joe50(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
android gurus wia are u na grin
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by Joe50(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
Is like my problen is beyond nairaland tongue embarassed
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by donlyone(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
Maybe you bought a used phone, if this is true, delete any google account on the phone before restoring your contacts on it.
You see contacts are usually backed up with google, the owner of the account may be deleting it whenever they appear on his new phone.

This is if your phone is ANDROID.

Let me know if I was helpful.
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by Joe50(m): 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
donlyone: Maybe you bought a used phone, if this is true, delete any google account on the phone before restoring your contacts on it.
You see contacts are usually backed up with google, the owner of the account may be deleting it whenever they appear on his new phone.

This is if your phone is ANDROID.

Let me know if I was helpful.

thanks man, yep d fone na used one! but i have deleted d guy account and login with my own b4 restoring d contacts.
what i noticed on d phone is dat any time i restart it dats wen it will wipe d contacts on d phone living d sim contacts untouched.

this is getting annoying, restoring contacts anytime phone switch off, just thinking of going back to my nokia.
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by donlyone(m): 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
delete all accounts including yahoo, whatsapp, skype, etc. If this doesn't work, do a factory reset.
Google how to do it.
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
After restoring your netqin contacts, you could 1. Go to your contacts options and select 'merge with google or 2. Export your contacts to sd and then import the saved contacts to google through gmail.
Android contacts options has the 'contacts to display' option, go through it to make sure you have your preferred contacts display option selected.

1 Like

Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by Joe50(m): 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
sting_224: After restoring your netqin contacts, you could 1. Go to your contacts options and select 'merge with google or 2. Export your contacts to sd and then import the saved contacts to google through gmail.
Android contacts options has the 'contacts to display' option, go through it to make sure you have your preferred contacts display option selected.

noted!!!
Tanx... Wud dat asap.
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by Joe50(m): 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
sting_224: After restoring your netqin contacts, you could 1. Go to your contacts options and select 'merge with google or 2. Export your contacts to sd and then import the saved contacts to google through gmail.

noted!!!
Tanx... Wil do dat asap.
Re: My Contacts Always Delete - Android Wahala by mavtrevor(m): 8:09am On Mar 30, 2013
...and hw has it gone? Cos i use netqin to backup my contacts on my HTC widefire and have never had an issue.

(1) (Reply)

Apple Set To Lunch New Iphone 5S On June 20, Go On Sale July, Claims Report!!! / Is Glo Discouraging Downloads? / Blackberry Says Nigeria Iis Second Fastest Growing Mobile Market In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.