Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? (681 Views)

ASK Me The License Key To Unlock Your PC Software. / Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? by bigt2(m): 8:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
Seriously, I am personally guilty when it comes to reading the terms and agreements before accepting to install softwares, or even confirmations from mail providers, and the rest.
Though I have not been a victim (or anybody that i know) of the consequences of ticking the ''I Accept'' agreement, I just want to ask the right thinking members of this forum the ten million dollar question.
The agreements ranges from mail confirmation, software installation, even confirming to abide by the terms of opera, ucweb and others that i cant remember presently!
Re: How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
Never. I just click on accept to get it done asap. No time.
Re: How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? by bigt2(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
nikkyshyne: Never. I just click on accept to get it done asap. No time.
why? Does it ever occur to u that u r accepting to be bound by the license agreement?
Re: How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
^^ But if I don't accept nothing will be done undecided. So why do I need to waste my time reading some tiny boring gospel when I have only one option to proceed.

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 01, 2013
When I'm doing 'accept next next finish' most times I don't read that text, it is usually too long to even read.
Re: How Often Do You Read Through The License Agreement When Installing Softwares?? by tessyade: 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
I've not come across anyone that admit to reading those long, uninteresting stories. Why waste your time reading it when you MUST accept the terms to install the software?

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Laptop Os To Buy Window 7, Ubuntu Or Mac / Free Video Tutorials / Where To Download Free Android Multimedia Apps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.