Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Jewels Of Africa - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewels Of Africa (46156 Views)

Church Of England Issues Formal Apology Over Betrayal Of Africa's First Bishop / Jewels Of Lucifer- A Play By A Nairaland Boy, Cosmos Nuel AKA Emyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:18am On Apr 03, 2013
BukkyDan: Yo sis! Nice write-up.
I learnt something...you know...#smiles#
wink wink thanks.

Tell me what you have learned
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2013
Gracie, now a lot of people are now following ur stories, thanks i ds lovely story u re sharing wit us, NAKUPENDA

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2013
Damex333: Gracie, now a lot of people are now following ur stories, thanks i ds lovely story u re sharing wit us,
its nice doing what I love, hoping that somewhere, someone will learn from my work
Damex333:

NAKUPENDA
Haki ya nyuma saa wewe
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Haki ya nyuma saa wewe
madame, interprete please.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by luvmijeje(f): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: thanks dear, I hope I am not in trouble. Yes its her first time
This is a question to the house, is there any female that enjoyed her first sex?
HBG back to the discussion I want to have with you.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
luvmijeje:
This is a question to the house, is there any female that enjoyed her first sex?
HBG back to the discussion I want to have with you.
ok, is this question part of the discussion?

Let's look at this ;
Malaika: He was a gentle yet thorough lover, moving with liquid ease, he guided
her to the plateau of fulfillment.
his gentleness made everything to go smoothly, the pain didn't matter because it didn't last. 'Plateau of fulfillment' means... Ok, I give up. lipsrsealed
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Damex333: madame, interprete please.
it means 'right back at you'
Re: Jewels Of Africa by luvmijeje(f): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
You stated that the reason why Malaika acceptetd abuse from Femi was due to the training she receive from her parent which begs the questions-
Does it mean every young lady in that country have that same mindset or is it just Malaika's family?
Why would a young beautiful lady that came a from a good family particularly has a strong mother accept an abuse from a guy she barely knew for more than a month? This is an answer I hope to find in your subsequent updates.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by luvmijeje(f): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: ok, is this question part of the discussion?

Let's look at this ; his gentleness made everything to go smoothly, the pain didn't matter because it didn't last. 'Plateau of fulfillment' means... Ok, I give up. lipsrsealed
Lol.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
luvmijeje: You stated that the reason why Malaika acceptetd abuse from Femi was due to the training she receive from her parent which begs the questions-
Does it mean every young lady in that country have that same mindset or is it just Malaika's family?
Why would a young beautiful lady that came a from a good family particularly has a strong mother accept an abuse from a guy she barely knew for more than a month? This is an answer I hope to find in your subsequent updates.
your smart....I will do my best to answer yours truly in a satisfying way.
luvmijeje:
Lol.
grin
Re: Jewels Of Africa by BukkyDan(f): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: wink wink thanks.

Tell me what you have learned

hehehehehe, alot of thingy, the last episode between Malaika and her guy nah...the make-up tinz#covers face#
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Bluediamond1(f): 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
Yea! yea!! yea!!! She 's back again.u r d real deal HBG.kip d dice rolling.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by Bluediamond1(f): 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
BukkyDan:

hehehehehe, alot of thingy, the last episode between Malaika and her guy nah...the make-up tinz#covers face#
bukky bukky,what a fast learner u r.of all d lessons in there*winks*.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
Blue diamond: Yea! yea!! yea!!! She 's back again.u r d real deal HBG.kip d dice rolling.
thanks dear...lol go easy on Bukky o. She is a learner grin grin right Bukky?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by princesa(f): 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
am waiting for update here
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
The rain had just stopped, it has been raining the whole day and the girls were not sure if it was a good idea to go out and celebrate Malaika's birthday.

She was officially twenty one!

How long had she been waiting for this day? Ts'oarelo; her house mate from Lesotho had told her that at twenty one she was free to do whatever she wanted to do.

“That means we can go out and party ladies?” She asked. The girls were snuggled and curled up on Malaika's bed as a flick chick movie played on her laptop.

Ife scratched her head before replying Malaika. “That could be arranged,” she said winking at the other girls. “Mike will take us out. ” She didn't wait for their replies but grabbed her phone and called him.

She told Mike that Malaika needed to go out and they had no transport. Ife had told Malaika that she didn't like Mike, but because he was the next best thing, she tolerated him, she would give him away, any day if someone better shows up. Her other excuse was that he was married, which Malaika doubted.

After what seemed like forever, the girls were ready to rock the night away. They had learned to tolerate each other and lived peacefully. The Southern girls were not as bad as the West and East girls thought they were. Malaika had realized that both Southern girls languages were actually the same, just a slight difference here and there. That's why they were laughing at a certain joke the first time Malaika had seen them.

“Angie,” Botshelo, her flat mate from Botswana called her from the living room. “Your phone!” She shouted.

“Who is calling?”

“Femi!”

“poo! I have forgotten to call him back, I'll be there in a jiffy.” She hurried to pick her phone before she missed the call. She didn't want to upset Femi on her birthday and during that trying time in his life. “Miss Evans at your beck and call, how may I help you?” She joked.

“Hi, was just checking on you.” He said with a heavy voice. Femi had lost his older sister in the Dana crash the past week and had to fly home to be with family until his sister was buried.

Malaika had never lost someone dear in her life, she didn't know how it felt and she couldn't imagine what her boyfriend was going through. “How is everything?” That came out wrong. “I meant, how is your mom holding up? It can't be easy on your sisters either hey?” She asked thoughtfully.

“Time heals everything Angie, enough about me. Did the girls plan anything for you? Are you guys going out?” He tried to sound cheerful but Malaika could hear the pain through that cheerful voice. She couldn't push it, she had to wait for him to come back.

“Well, it rained the whole day, we kinda had no plans but it has stopped now, ” She said casually. “We might go out though, Ife's treat.”

He said nothing, maybe he got pissed when she mentioned Ife's name. Femi said Ife was bad influence on her and didn't want to hear her name mentioned at all.

“Baby...?”

“Sorry about that, look, I have to go, will call you before I sleep alright? Take care of yourself. I don't want stories that hurts.”

“Ok, bye and I love you.”

“Yea, bye.” He ended the call

what the hell?

Malaika was baffled. Femi ended their call like that? Did he want to cause trouble or what? Because she knew very well if the tables were turned he would have been furious.

“Angie, come on let's go. Mike is waiting downstairs. ” Ife called taking out the keys from the main door, the other two had already left.

Mike was talking to the other girls when Malaika and Ife got downstairs.

“Your man looks hot tonight girl. ”

Malaika's eyes trailed from Mike's head to his shoes. He looked, posh and classy, he was wearing black jeans, black coat, black ankle sneakers and a grey scarf around his neck. The bloke had taste in clothes, well the same went for his girlfriend. Mike didn't act like a married man, nor did his dressing.

“Why do you always say Mike is married Ife? ” She asked after exchanging pleasantries with Mike. Ife rolled her eyes.

“Oya ask him o,” She groaned. And watched helplessly as Malaika blurted the question out. It came out like a piss from a child being changed.

“Mike,” he turned to face Malaika . “I need to know something, I haven't talked to you before nor have we met but please help me through this will you? ” Mike raised an eyebrow looking at Ife, who shrugged.

“Ok, shoot madam, we don't have the whole night. ” He said sitting on the bonnet of his car. Malaika couldn't help feeling a little apprehensive. Ife was eloquent, persuasive and formidable.

Malaika's inexperience might hurt their cause. She couldn't possibly play miss nice and seduce Mike while Ife fish for a new boyfriend.

“Oh well, whatever I do tonight stays tonight's issue. Its having fun after all.” she thought before continuing.

“Are you married? ” Malaika's own voice startled her.

Someone coughed, Mike chuckled. “Girl, I am not married....” He seemed like he wanted to add more but decided to change the subject. “Dinner at Cafe in Hartfield, then real fun at my place? Birthday girl? ”

“I am not so sure,” Malaika muttered, real fun at his house? She knew that Ife would do something to annoy Mike then the dude will seek solace from one of them. She searched the other girls faces, they nodded in encouragement.

She took a deep breath, suddenly she felt a jolt of adrenaline surge through her, a boost of confidence. Mike said they would go to his house, which would be a disadvantage to Ife, the only guys there would be Mike's friends. She wouldn't stoop that low, would she?

She gestured the others to get into the car. “Ladies, let's do this! ” She said beaming.

“Finally, this is music to my ears.” Ts'oarelo said as they drove away.
Upstairs, Malaika could hear Ife and Mike tearing down the house in Mike's bedroom. Ife was one hell of a noisy lady, she always made sure she huffed the house down when she was upset.

Inviting whoever cared to listen. A door opened and closed and there was silence. The girls who had their ears pricked ran upstairs to Mike's room. They still had last night's clothes on a proof of just how drunk they had been. Malaika felt dizzy from climbing the wooden stairs, was it hangover as Ts'oarelo had described it? She felt her insights stuck at her throat.

She was feeling sick.

The toilet!

With her right hand covering her mouth she gestured to Ife that she needed to use the ladies. She could taste the bitter stale vomit in her mouth, she swallowed it and rushed to the direction where Ife directed her to. Opening the door, she didn't hear Ife's disagreement; she was standing in front of Mike who threw her a disgusted look and stormed out of the room.

Malaika held her own vomit in her hand, too disgusted in herself that she couldn't hold it anymore. She kneeled down and emptied her stamach on the lavender rag, looking around she realized that she was in Mike's office. It had a computer table, office chair and a printer not far from the table. On top of the table was a computer system and a notebook and a framed photo of Mike in an army uniform.

Reality slowly started to kick in, she had just puked in MIKE's office!
Terrified she made for the door and met the girls horrified faces, Ife had a mop and a bucket in her hands. Malaika was too angry to speak to her, too ashamed to be staying in Mike's house. What would he think of her?

“Ife-Oluwa! Clean this mess, its your fault I threw up in here.” Malaika hissed storming out of the room.

Ife sighed, dipping the mop into the bucket. “Hangover make people do crazy things I see,” she muttered. Raising her voice, she called back,

“Help yourself with some painkillers, you should get rid of that headache.”

Botshelo's cranky voice came next, “The toilet is on the left Angie. Don't go on puking all over the house now.” They all roared in laughter as Malaika made her way out, she stopped a taxi and went back to the flat.

Malaika had to endure feeling sick every morning, everything seemed to be going wrong for her. The other girls were too busy with their exams to notice and by the time they were done they went home. She had to come up with an excuse not to go home, her mother would fish the news out of her in a flash. She could be isolated and her scholarship would be cancelled, all her dreams would be flushed down the toilet and the 'golden girl' title her father gave her would be a thing of the past.

After five positive different tests over the counter and a urine test at her GP, she made up her mind to talk to Femi, who seemed to be too occupied with his own life he had forgotten about Malaika.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵✽̈CHAPTER 3✽̤̈·̵·̵̭̌«̶⌣

“I haven't seen you since you came back Femi, what's going on? ” Malaika said looking up from her laptop. She was checking her mails and had meant to ask Femi if they could hook up later but it seemed he also had planned to surprise her, well the usual. She was still in her night gown when he called telling her that he was at the door, she had told him to let himself in.

He opened his arms and Malaika flung herself against his chest. He released her after some time. Retreating to a couch next to her, he asked her to come sit next to him.

“I have been busy, nothing is going on. You look beautiful than the first time I laid my eyes on you.” He said looking down at her fondly.

Femi always had a way of turning Malaika into an emotional wreck. She was always unsure of herself, and her looks, well ever since she met Ife-Oluwa that is. Femi's complement meant great deal to her.

“Thank you Femi, your not bad yourself. ” Experiencing a rush of gratitude that he could make her feel so good about herself. After what seemed like hours of catching up, from the day Femi's sister died to her birthday mini celebration. Malaika felt it was time to tell him.

“Femi, ”

“Huh? I miss her, I am sorry for being so distant.” His voice was weary and lifeless. He was laying on the couch with his eyes closed. Malaika wasn't so sure then of how to break the news, he had too much on his plate.

“I am pregnant!”

She blurted it out in her home language. She waited for his reply but he remained silent.

“I am scared Femi.” still no answer. Malaika moved closer to him.

“Femi? Are you still with me?” She ran her fingertips lightly on his silky eyebrows.

“Let's talk this through.”

“Leave me alone.”

“No.” Anger nipped at her, and she dropped to her knees beside the couch.

“We are in this together, I know its my fault. I forgot to take the pill when I got here, but we can't go back now please.”

His eyes slid sideways to look at her. “It is over.”

“No, it isn't . Its not over, you love me and I love you. ” She tried to smile, but it didn't feel right. “Come on,” she urged, burying her head on his laps. “This isn't like you. You were supposed to be in control and...”

“No!” His voice rang out as he jerked up to a sitting position and glared at her. “Read my lips. Its over! I will give you money for the abortion...”

“Over my dead body!” Malaika gripped his knees and leaned into him until her face was inches from his. “I can't have an abortion, God would never forgive me. ”

Femi chuckled, “Your such a hypocrite Malaika, where was God when you gave yourself willingly to me? Do us both a favor and get rid of that thing before you lose your precious scholarship. ”

She stared at his cute face and wanted to slap it. “If I have an abortion, will we still be together?”

Femi shrugged off the questions and cradled his head in his hands as he propped his elbows on his bend knees. “I should have made sure you took those pills, now your tricking me into this! ”

“Me? Tricked you? Femi that's absurd...I..” She clumped her lips before saying something she would regret later. He glared at her, his eyes stormy and swimming with defeat. “Your optimism is turning my stomach.”

“Femi...” She slipped an arm across his wide shoulders. “I betrayed your trust, I know but to err is human baby, to for....”

He shot up from the couch and grabbed his sweater. “I have to go.”

“Where are you going? ”

“I need fresh air, this place is stuffy, especially with you in it. ” He stuck his arms into the sleeves and headed for the door. “Don't bother calling me, text me your account number and I will send you the money, that's if you need it rich girl. ”

“Femi, can we at least talk?”

“Nothing to talk about.” He opened the door and was gone.

Malaika fell on the couch and wept. Femi was just too upset and still mourning his sister's death. He couldn't make any rational decisions, he still loved her, because she still loved him too, she thought. She decided on having the abortion but first she needed to talk to her father.

Her father picked the call after the third ring.

“Angie...” Her father sounded happy to hear her voice. Where would she start? “Are you well my daughter? ”

Father and his formalities... his voice consoled her in a way.

“I am well father, how are you? ” She hardly ask about her mother whenever she called her father. She knew he would tell her that her daughter sends her greetings. Even when she didn't, he was a bridge between two women who loved each other deeply but were in conflict because of culture and religion.

“We are still breathing my child, His grace has kept us till today. We were just sad that you couldn't come home.”

“School work father.” She needed to get to the point before her father start talking about politics and economy and if she was still going to church.

“Father, if there was something you did, and it brought bitter results, you feel ashamed and want to get rid of it though getting rid of it has bitter consequences. If you keep it, you might lose out in life, what would you do? ”

Her father pondered on her question before replying. “I always tell you to pray first, then look at the situation. Will solution A be long term? will you benefit from it? Is it negative or positive? You can do that with solution B too. ” She thanked her father, promised to call again soon and ended the call. She knew what to do.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
princesa: am waiting for update here
enjoy smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
No comment after two days? Is it that bad?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by An0nimus: 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: No comment after two days? Is it that bad?
Lol no its not smiley... I'm loving the story more with each update. Keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
Wow,its awesome very awesome.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
An0nimus:
Lol no its not smiley... I'm loving the story more with each update. Keep it coming.
thanks but the silence kills me.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by luvmijeje(f): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
HBG,beautiful write up. Well done.
But you are leaving alot to our imagination. Let me explain-
You alluded that they are going for dinner, then from there they are going to Mike house whose friends are also coming.
You didn't follow up on any of these. I would have love you to describe Mike's house, at least one of his friend, also what did happen in Mike's house i.e how did they catch their fun and end up drunk.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Ollyfad(f): 8:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
D story is gr8 bt dia r sum confusin scenes dat jst dnt add up nd sum unfinishd sentences.i cnt type dem kus am usin my fone,kindly revise nd correct dem.i luv ur writin style
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
luvmijeje: HBG,beautiful write up. Well done.
But you are leaving alot to our imagination. Let me explain-
You alluded that they are going for dinner, then from there they are going to Mike house whose friends are also coming.
You didn't follow up on any of these. I would have love you to describe Mike's house, at least one of his friend, also what did happen in Mike's house i.e how did they catch their fun and end up drunk.
still more to come on Mike's house, I left its description for a later use.

I won't disappoint you
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ollyfad: D story is gr8 bt dia r sum confusin scenes dat jst dnt add up nd sum unfinishd sentences.i cnt type dem kus am usin my fone,kindly revise nd correct dem.i luv ur writin style
will do, thanks dear.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Bluediamond1(f): 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
HBG,i dnt bother askin u questions coz i knw u knw wat 2 do,u r gud @ killing one wit suspense but it's all gud,am down wit it.
Weldone gal.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by princesa(f): 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
yeah i enjoyed it, but as they said, they were some omitted scenes, i got lost inbetween, but i found myselfsmiley

keep it coming!

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by BukkyDan(f): 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
Another one! Malaika what's up nah? That guy isn't worth it at all..kicking you around like what I don't know...

@ sis HBG, nice write-up, just that I had to imagine some parts..you know....God bless ya

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
BukkyDan: Another one! Malaika what's up nah? That guy isn't worth it at all..kicking you around like what I don't know...

@ sis HBG, nice write-up, just that I had to imagine some parts..you know....God bless ya
you have no idea how I struggled to put that together, hope to improve by the next update.

God bless you too Bukky
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
OMG, HBG who composed that siggie 4 u? U? Yoruba? shocked:-O

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail / Letter To My Friend Overseas / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.