Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) (52179 Views)

Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" / University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
ItsModella: see as the eagle looks like street chicken, a whole eagle...na wa.
Eko Atlantic: We've got a zoologist as the president, this is where he should be.
two of una no go kill me with laugh this night
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Jarus(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
UI easily has the best zooming Nigeria
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by delors(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
Was there in 1996-1997-ish and one of my friends passed out when we went to the reptile room and he saw the indian python (last in the glass cage)...we had to rush him out and left him somewhere while we continued our tour. I enjoyed watching the gorilla ('Imade': dead and embalmed) and the chimps. We made the peacock and vulture spread their feathers and wings respectively becos we threw stone pebbles at them (c'mon, what do u expect from curious high school students? wink).
Good to know they are taking care of the zoo. then, we paid N5 for a group of 3 students. smiley
Good old days - Loyola College, Ibadan.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by codernoni: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
Wia is the black mamba? *in dbanj's voice*
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by aAK1(m): 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
abes: I remember aruna...
pls is that thin still alive?I was.I was 7 years old the last time I visited that place.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by amanikondo: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Aruna don die tey tey. I wish they name another one jonathan.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by faceliftnaija(m): 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
point of correction, the embalmed gorrila's name is Haruna. Imade is the wife to Haruna, and she is the female gorrila, that you find still alive at U.I Zoo now.

frm http://faceliftnaijablogspot.com
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by igbsam(m): 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
[size=14pt]Where is Obasanjo ? I heard he's a zoo animal.....Or they don't have it there ?[/size]
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Abrantie: 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
-

I give that zoological garden 3 months, all those exhibits will end up in pepper soup.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by 190: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
SEE AS PEPE YE JUST FULL WATER

better duck meat be that
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by 190: 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
but why so much snakes and crocrodilus in that zoo btw

dont they have animals as well
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
Not bad for a West African"Nigeria" zoo cuz I heard they've eaten all the animal. Nice op
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
delors: Was there in 1996-1997-ish and one of my friends passed out when we went to the reptile room and he saw the indian python (last in the glass cage)...we had to rush him out and left him somewhere while we continued our tour. I enjoyed watching the gorilla ('Imade': dead and embalmed) and the chimps. We made the peacock and vulture spread their feathers and wings respectively becos we threw stone pebbles at them (c'mon, what do u expect from curious high school students? wink).
Good to know they are taking care of the zoo. then, we paid N5 for a group of 3 students. smiley

na Loyola u go? u dey go back of chapel? Up loyola
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Egbagirl(f): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Abrantie: -

I give that zoological garden 3 months, all those exhibits will end up in pepper soup.

wrong. they have been there for years! In fact, there is a wider variety of animals there now.

@topic: The place is looking better than it did when I visited about 2 years ago. But those birds though... lipsrsealed

I liked the back of the zoo, it was more interesting than the reptile joint. I think they need to renovate the joint and change the glass and all. Thanks for posting, btw.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by kponkedenge(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
I wanna work there I wann eat sum freah meat how do I apply sad sad sad
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by An0nimus: 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
ItsModella: The zoo looks well maintained and has more variety of animals unlike the PH and Benin zoos I visited. Those ones are apologies.
That Ph zoo that has more monkeys than the Congos grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by DisGuy: 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
Eko Atlantic: We've got a zoologist as the president, this is where he should be.

wont even trust him to manage a Zoo!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by DisGuy: 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
thanks I-B
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by An0nimus: 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
igbsam: [size=14pt]Where is Obasanjo ? I heard he's a zoo animal.....Or they don't have it there ?[/size]
Posts like this make me wish NL had a straight face smiley.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
Abrantie: -

Bwahahahahahahaha @ the bolded...

The place looks dirty and unkempt - everything about naija is so so________.

I won't be surprised when they start feasting on the animals.... grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by mu2sa2: 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Animals should not be behind bars -that's imprisonment. Pls animal rights activist get these animals out of the dungeon they call zoo at University of Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dear UI - can I get some lion meat in my pepper soup, plz? wink
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by dominique(f): 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
ibiso1986: Seems UI zoo is the best in 9ja. Lovely pictures. For Ph zoo, the monkey wey I see slim like broomstick. No wonder the monkey dey beg for alms(money)

grin grin grin
Reminds of the thread okija_juju did on ph zoo. Everybody kept asking, where are the animal? grin

www.nairaland.com/1064414/nigeria-52-celebration-port-harcourt-zoo

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by ManTiger(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
delors: Was there in 1996-1997-ish and one of my friends passed out when we went to the reptile room and he saw the indian python (last in the glass cage)...we had to rush him out and left him somewhere while we continued our tour. I enjoyed watching the gorilla ('Imade': dead and embalmed) and the chimps. We made the peacock and vulture spread their feathers and wings respectively becos we threw stone pebbles at them (c'mon, what do u expect from curious high school students? wink).
Loyola Loyola
The best in everyway,
Loyola Loyola,
We always win the day,
We are student from the college
that is in Ibadan town
We have made the promise not,
To let the college down,
We stand for truth an knowledge,
We stand for wisdom too,
We are strike for perfection yet,
In everything we do...
Chorus...
Does the name Olu Commercial rings bell?
1999 set.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by anitank(f): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
That eagle looks like a vulture
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
dominique: Nice pics madam. I noticed there are two categories of lions (hasn't changed since my visit in '07) , the ones in cages and the ones in open field. The ones in cages are look bored and hungry while the ones in the field look well fed. I understand the ones on the field were donated by a conservative agency in Kenya. Why can't they put all the lions in one place (field) and promote inbreeding or somn?
The lion pride can not take more than 1 alpha male at a time. If they put all of them together, they are going to fight till there s one man standing

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Dawdy(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ever since I've been visiting this Zoo, I've never seen an elephant there. I wonder why they can get one.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by 190: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
anitank: That eagle looks like a vulture
grin grin grin

with its red neck

It actually looks like Billy our cockrel (1991-2004)

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by brosdoncome(m): 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=I-B.]

About the lions, I think they are taking care of them well.

Just a lion was there at first.
Returning there in 2008 they have increased to I think 5
Presently they should be up to 8 or 9 and now in different cages, some are indoor and others outdoor.
They are the last I should be uploading[/quote

U r lying....I was there last month....its just one sick hungry ribs revealing lioness I saw, to God who made me. Nigerians can neva b sincere....smh!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by brosdoncome(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
I-B.:

About the lions, I think they are taking care of them well.

Just a lion was there at first.
Returning there in 2008 they have increased to I think 5
Presently they should be up to 8 or 9 and now in different cages, some are indoor and others outdoor.
They are the last I should be uploading

U r lying....I was there last month....its just one sick hungry ribs revealing lioness I saw, to God who made me. Nigerians can neva b sincere....smh!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by 190: 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
^

cant Goodluck buy more lions undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
dominique:

grin grin grin
Reminds of the thread okija_juju did on ph zoo. Everybody kept asking, where are the animal? grin

www.nairaland.com/1064414/nigeria-52-celebration-port-harcourt-zoo
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilag Pg 2019 Thread / Notice: ABU Zaria 2016/2017 Admission Screening Exercise / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.