Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) (52127 Views)

Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" / University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nigeria's First University(Premiere University Of Nigeria) cool

Zoological Garden of The University Of Ibadan, Ibadan Oyo State, Nigeria.

Gate Fee:
1.) Students(U.I. Students Only with ID Card) = N100
2.) Visitors = N200
3.) Visitors below Nine(9) years of age =N100

10 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by dominique(f): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ok maam, keep dem picss cominsmiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 12:55am On Mar 29, 2013
Thanks Dominique but I told you people not to interrupt wink

I'll be posting birds first

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 1:20am On Mar 29, 2013
I am on bed so if you don't see me upload again I don sleep be dat cheesy and continues anytime later.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 1:53am On Mar 29, 2013

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 2:20am On Mar 29, 2013
Reptiles: Snake

You have to look well to see the reptiles, the thick protective glass is not good for camera

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by dominique(f): 11:59am On Mar 29, 2013
How about the embalmed anaconda? Is it still there? Hope the lions are better fed now? They looked emanciated last time I was there lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 11:33am On Mar 30, 2013
Sorry for returning late, Easter things wink

More of reptiles

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2013
dominique: How about the embalmed anaconda? Is it still there? Hope the lions are better fed now? They looked emaciated last time I was there lipsrsealed

The first time I went there in 1999 the anaconda was still alive, the embalmed one I saw when I got there in 2008 isn't the one I saw in 1999, it's smaller and has a different color. As at now the embalmed one is not even there anymore angry
I also didn't see the python angry may be the present students have eaten them grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
dominique: How about the embalmed anaconda? Is it still there? Hope the lions are better fed now? They looked emanciated last time I was there lipsrsealed

About the lions, I think they are taking care of them well.

Just a lion was there at first.
Returning there in 2008 they have increased to I think 5
Presently they should be up to 8 or 9 and now in different cages, some are indoor and others outdoor.
They are the last I should be uploading

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2013

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
To be continued...

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:00am On Apr 01, 2013
Morning

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:02am On Apr 01, 2013
Monkeys, Baboons and Chimpanzees

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:03am On Apr 01, 2013

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by GalaxyNoteII: 6:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Omg poooor animals sad

Reminds me of that ph torture camp, abi na museum.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by GalaxyNoteII: 6:08am On Apr 01, 2013
Ponds re too tiny for those animals. Ah ahhhnnnn

Still cleaner than PH Zoo

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:09am On Apr 01, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
Omg poooor animals sad

Reminds me of that ph torture camp, abi na museum.

lol

you're pitying them! grin

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:12am On Apr 01, 2013
The second picture is where the Gorillas abi na chimpanzees play, normally the tunnel should be filled with water.

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:15am On Apr 01, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
Ponds re too tiny for those animals. Ah ahhhnnnn

Still cleaner than PH Zoo

I think UI has the best Zoo

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:16am On Apr 01, 2013

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 6:19am On Apr 01, 2013
Brb, have to convert those pictures to smaller sizes, most of them are 2MB angry
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 7:05am On Apr 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2013

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 9:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Now to the KING OF The JUNGLE.

Lions

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by GalaxyNoteII: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
Nice work ma'am, you did a great job smiley wink

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
Nice work ma'am, you did a great job smiley wink

Thanks

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2013

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
1)Brief history, facts about specific animals
2)Embalmed animals
-I think the tortoise at the front is the one that spent over 100 years before it death, can't remember.
-the left back is the embalmed body of the popular gorilla named Imade(not sure of the spellings)

Elephant died long ago with it skin embalmed, heard it stepped on nail which created home for insects and other termites and led to it death.

Also, the big tortoise I posted earlier is called 'Jide' grin

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by IB5(f): 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Done

8 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by dominique(f): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
Nice pics madam. I noticed there are two categories of lions (hasn't changed since my visit in '07) , the ones in cages and the ones in open field. The ones in cages are look bored and hungry while the ones in the field look well fed. I understand the ones on the field were donated by a conservative agency in Kenya. Why can't they put all the lions in one place (field) and promote inbreeding or somn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

KASU Students Beat NDA Cadets Over Girlfriend (Photos) / Who Is To Be Blame For Student's Poor Performance? / Offa Old Students Back To School, 35 Years After High School (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.