Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Why This Controversy Over 2face's Choice Of Venue For His Wedding - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why This Controversy Over 2face's Choice Of Venue For His Wedding (636 Views)

Venue For Iyanya’s All White Birthday Party (Photos) / Annie Idibia Gushes Over 2face,shares New Photos / Nigeran Youths Angry Over 2face & Annie's Dubai Wedding See Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why This Controversy Over 2face's Choice Of Venue For His Wedding by launique: 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
I decided to write on this after I came across an article on Nairaland about Tuface's apology to Nigerians on his controversial choice of venue for his white wedding and believe you me, the argument has been raging on for long, albeit rather unnecessarily. I don't see any reason why Nigerians should bother themselves with an issue as trifling as this one when there are more pressing issues yearning for our attention. It is laughable if not totally uncalled for that a lot of Nigerians think that have the right to choose for this man where he will celebrate the happiest day of his life. Tuface owes no one any apology whatsoever over his decision not to have his white wedding here in Nigeria, besides it is his wedding, not ours. How many of those people that have called for his neck over the choice of his wedding's venue will have their in-laws or colleagues choose the venue of their wedding for them? I bet my hat that most of these people that have been crying "crucify him" would have done exactly the same thing if they could boast of half his net worth in their bank accounts.

This goes far beyond the issue of patriotism as many of us have painted it. Now the question is: Would Tuface's wedding in Nigerian have contributed to the economy and GDP of this country in any way? If we look at it critically we'll find out that the answer is a big NO. It would not have done much for the average Tuface fan in the streets of Lagos or in the markets of Onitsha had it been that he chose any city in Nigeria as the venue for his wedding. The average Tuface fan would have been denied access to the occasion for security reasons and none of the drinks that will be used for the event will be bottled in Nigeria. The fact remains that it is his wedding and he has the right to host it wherever he wants to — even on the moon.

http://amazinglyfresh..com

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

THE WORLD’S Most Powerful People / Omotola Jalade Among 2013 TIME 100 Most Influential People In The World / Opinion: What Do You Think About Actress Chika Ike's N5million Shaved Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.