Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,348 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning (6439 Views)

Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / (pastor Anita Oyakhilome “Birthday Celebration” or Goddess Worship / Is Happy Good Friday A Correct Saying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
Hello Nlders!

As Christians mark d day of d crucifixion of Jesus Christ, I want to hv ur opinion on how best dis day shld be marked! I regard Good Friday more highly dan xmas cos its cos of Good Friday dat we are living in d age of grace! Its cos of Good Friday dat we hv a 2nd chance in our life! But d norm among majority of christians (chruch goers) is ppl mourning, fasting,& nowadays, ppl put up crying smileys on dia dps wit supposed pictures of Jesus wearing a a crown of torns & hung on d cross (still think all those dps are disrespectful to our Lord Jesus Christ cos cameras weren't existing as at d time of Jesus)! I tink its a day of celebration cos Jesus took away all our worries, pains, sufferings, & sin on dat fateful day which we're marking!

I cld be wrong....I don't hv anything against ppl fasting today....though I'm totally against ppl rejecting meat only on Good Friday....I'm not clamouring 4 ppl to get drunk today or eat beyond their belle circumference! But I think its a day of thanksgiving & singing praises, hymns, & worshipping our saviour 4 His unending luv 2wards mankind!

So wats ur own opinion

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Monzuur(m): 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
If today is good friday does that means all other fridays are bad?.........and does that means you are happy coz jesus christ died?....hmmmmm just curious....no offence pls..........am i d 5th?
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by harlos: 6:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Danykooko: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
JUBILATION
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by ChristyIsaac: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
Mourn dats wot I did anyways
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by irebombo: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
I will not mourn in Jesus name
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by crackhaus: 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
Christy Isaac :
Mourn dats wot I did anyways
LAIDE LINUS!!!!
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Orikinla(m): 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
Day of celebration and that is why we call it Good Friday.
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
Its a day of mourning and sober reflection,though there is a great cause indeed for celebration and jubilation. Sober reflection in the sense that though the loving Father meant today for our liberation,redemption,healing,deliverance,..we are feeling the pain are remorseful,that our Lord Jesus went through great suffering and agony on the way to calvary and on the cross where He bore our sins and died and rose up on the third day........The blessings attached,that emanates from the death of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ this day are way far enough for mankind to celebrate and be joyful. It affords us to stand in faith and holiness and righteousness and having done all and declare that it is finished,over with unpleasant,unenviable,..conditions,circumstances buggling our respective lives. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by jmoore(m): 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
We celebrate a good cause, don't you?
The "good" in the friday means it is worth celebrating.
It calls for reflection on why Jesus died for the whole world. He died for the redemption of mankind
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by free2ryhme: 6:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
working day for me
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by oluwadarey: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
I think you are quite right Mr porter. But i also think its a day everyone should reflect on their lives .thanks for the post
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by bigfat08: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
[size=15pt]i guess we should all be crying [/size] tongue

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by franca30(f): 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
Its a day of celebration cos Jesus gave up his life 2 save mankind even though d boko boys fail 2 realise this.
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by vanstanzy(m): 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
Part mourning and part celebration. smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
Why would we mourn someone who's alive?

he rose from the dead, remember?

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Chomzy19(f): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
wise_many2k: Hello Nlders!

As Christians mark d day of d crucifixion of Jesus Christ, I want to hv ur opinion on how best dis day shld be marked! I regard Good Friday more highly dan xmas cos its cos of Good Friday dat we are living in d age of grace! Its cos of Good Friday dat we hv a 2nd chance in our life! But d norm among majority of christians (chruch goers) is ppl mourning, fasting,& nowadays, ppl put up crying smileys on dia dps wit supposed pictures of Jesus wearing a a crown of torns & hung on d cross (still think all those dps are disrespectful to our Lord Jesus Christ cos cameras weren't existing as at d time of Jesus)! I tink its a day of celebration cos Jesus took away all our worries, pains, sufferings, & sin on dat fateful day which we're marking!

I cld be wrong....I don't hv anything against ppl fasting today....though I'm totally against ppl rejecting meat only on Good Friday....I'm not clamouring 4 ppl to get drunk today or eat beyond their belle circumference! But I think its a day of thanksgiving & singing praises, hymns, & worshipping our saviour 4 His unending luv 2wards mankind!

So wats ur own opinion
its a remembrance of the mourning, but its actually a day of joy, because without christ dying,I pity a sinner lyk myself
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by Gombs(m): 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
Monzuur: If today is good friday does that means all other fridays are bad?.........and does that means you are happy coz jesus christ died?....hmmmmm just curious....no offence pls..........am i d 5th?

I'm glad he died...if not, I can't be a christian, I wud av been a terrorist or Buddhist or muslim or an atheist sef.

He loved me n had to die dat I may have eternal life, a big sacrifice u cnt understand...yet.

Oda fridays r gud as well,just dat dis one is 'gooder' cos of remembrance of Jesus' death.
Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by try69: 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
I was passing by some churches today and I hear loud singing and dancing in "good friday" service and I only but wonder if they even know what they are commemorating.

Two words: SOBER REFLECTION

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning by zonax(m): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2013
Its a day of joy, because it usheed us into the new covenant that we now enjoy. Likewise, its a day of sober reflections on the death and resurection of Jesus because to enjoy the new covenant, one must die and resurect (spritually and through the way we live) with him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look Up To God...not Man! / Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members / 28 Funny & Hilarious Church Memes You Have To Check Out This Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.