Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With (1420 Views)

I Want To Hire A Beginner Who Is Willing To Learn New Skills / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by webcalculator(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2013
my questions are:
what version of pythn should i start with and what is the difference between python3.3 and 2.7 as i hav both installed in my pc.
Is python 3.3 compatible with all other versions of python
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by auxizain(m): 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
i would say use 2.7 becos it has many packages
and pyhton 3 is not backward compatible with many
third party libraries .
python 3 is yet to get many packages

1 Like

Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by webcalculator(m): 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
auxizain: i would say use 2.7 becos it has many packages
and pyhton 3 is not backward compatible with many
third party libraries .
python 3 is yet to get many packages

Thank u very much, i appreciate. Do u know of any "practice ebook" that will really challenge me
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by webcalculator(m): 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by Picomon(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
Start with python 2.7 and read THINKPYTHON.

1 Like

Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by ektbear: 1:35am On Mar 31, 2013
2.7 bros

1 Like

Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by auxizain(m): 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
try this site very informative ......teach u step by step
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2013
i guess it's been long you guys ran a search on ur favorite python library for py3
i use python 3.2 and have no issues getting whaever library i need.
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by Ajibel(m): 5:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
@Webdezzi
which libraries are compatible with py3000?
cuz am just sticking with python 2.7 which has a gud number of libraries & free tutorials
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
webdezzi: i guess it's been long you guys ran a search on ur favorite python library for py3
i use python 3.2 and have no issues getting whaever library i need.
Then the libraries u need is the Python Standard Library that ships with the software. But if u need to do most other things like scientific or hardware programming etc, u will be needing other 3rd party libraries which arent compatible with py3000 yet.
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 06, 2013
well, so far for projects am working on, all libraries i need are available
matplotlib, pywin32, pyQt, cx_freeze, Psycopg, PyODBC, MySQL-python, Numpy
I get to generate pdf with pyQT's QPrinter.

check this link for most of the libraries, Though i must confess, some are still not available for py3

http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
Re: Which Python Version Should A Beginner Start With by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hmmm. Thanks webdezzi for that info on pyQT's QPrinter. I think I will find it useful.

(1) (Reply)

Google To Bring Free Wifi To The World / Mathematical GUI With Graphs Plotting / When Your Brain Throws Stackoverflow Error - Debug This JAVA Code If You Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.