Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,463 members, 7,823,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Top Quotes From Novels You've Read - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top Quotes From Novels You've Read (16797 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by keandre: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2016
"charity is not merely an act of giving. It is an attitude. It does not demand or set conditions"...

Heart of the lonely exile-B.J Hoff.

1 Like

Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by Kxke(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2016
Tom, don't let anybody kid you. It's all personal, every bit of business. Every piece of shit every man has to eat every day of his life is personal. They call it business. OK. But it's personal as hell. You know where I learned that from? The Don. My old man. The Godfather. If a bolt of lightning hit a friend of his the old man would take it personal. He took my going into the Marines personal. That's what makes him great. The Great Don. He takes everything personal Like God. He knows every feather that falls from the tail of a sparrow or however the hell it goes? Right? And you know something? Accidents don't happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult. Micheal Corleone

--Behind every successful fortune,there is a crime.
from the Godfather.

2 Likes

Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by titsqueez(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Babymumsy:
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold, mere anarchy is loosed upon the world - Chinua Achebe, Things fall apart.
yes chinua Achebe made that quote very popular amongst us Nigerians. But the origin of that line came from William Butler Yeats in his epic poem 'the second coming'.

1 Like

Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 07, 2016
I shine not burn..

Diana Gabaldon Outlander Series
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by thedarklord(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2016
Valon4ego:
'Children are dying.'
Lull nodded. 'That's a
succinct summary of
humankind, I'd say.
Who needs tomes and
volumes of history? Children are dying.
The injustices of the
world hide in those
three words. Quote
me, Duiker, and your
work's done.' The bastard's right.
Economics, ethics, the
games of the gods - all
within that single,
tragic statement. I'll
quote you, soldier. Be assured of that.

From Malazan book of the fallen
Memories of Ice eh?
I'm presently on The House of Chains
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by sokoh400(m): 10:59am On Jun 07, 2016
A man who cannot take care of his family cannot be a real man.
The Godfather, Maro Puzo.

I cannot allow my destiny be decided by what a woman chooses to put in her vagina.
Omerta, Maro Puzo.

Death is beyond my powers, i will never joke about it, i am always alert for it.
Fools Die, Maro Puzo.

If a woman loves you, you can piss in her sink and get away with it .if she doesn't you can make her the queen of England she will still shit on you.

The Last Don, Maro Puzo.

3 Likes

Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by Halib(m): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2016
"A bird at HAND worth million than thousand bird in the forest"
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by Halib(m): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2016
"A bird at HAND worth million than thousand bird in the forest" "A bird at HAND worth million than thousand bird in the forest" "A bird at HAND worth million than thousand bird in the forest"
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by Valon4ego(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2016
thedarklord:

Memories of Ice eh?
makes sense. Who's your favourite character so far?
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2016
Stay, you imperfect speakers, tell me more.
By Sinel’s death I know I am thane of Glamis.
But how of Cawdor? The thane of Cawdor lives,
A prosperous gentleman, and to be king
Stands not within the prospect of belief,
No more than to be Cawdor. Say from whenc
you owe this strange intelligence, or why
Upon this blasted heath you stop our way
With such prophetic greeting. Speak, I charge you. (SPOKEN BY Banquo to the first witch in the book (Macbeth)
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by sheriffman(m): 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
How easy it will always be to reach the truth if preconceived ideas did not falsify our judgements. Dan Brown, The DaVinci Code
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by uzolexis(f): 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
"those whose palm-kernels were cracked by a benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble" things fall apart
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by allaboutobed(m): 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
no man is lost wen a good woman had found him. Moll Flanders
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by Davecafary(m): 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
"Hand to hand is how it will be, life and death fight against the fiend, and he whom death bears off shall submit to the judgement of the Lord."
Beowulf
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by 0gbeni(m): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
“ Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter--tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning-- So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. F. Scott Fitzgerald , The Great Gatsby

1 Like

Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by thedarklord(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2016
Valon4ego:
makes sense. Who's your favourite character so far?
Hmm, hard to pick but I loved whiskeyjack and I hated that Steven Ericsson killed the character. Though something tells me he'll come back as an ascendant probably
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by leahcimzil: 11:25am On Jun 11, 2016
"tell me, do you bleed?" Malazan tales of the fallen. So good, it was used in Batman vs Superman Dawn of justice

2 Likes

Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by leahcimzil: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2016
thedarklord:

Memories of Ice eh?
OMG there are people who have read this magnificent series on here. i've finished the whole series...planning on starting again. Do you care for spoilers?
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by thedarklord(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
leahcimzil:

OMG there are people who have read this magnificent series on here. i've finished the whole series...planning on starting again. Do you care for spoilers?
Lool not keen on spoilers but answer me this- Did whiskeyjack come back in any capacity, as an ascendant probably? Or he stayed dead?
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by leahcimzil: 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
thedarklord:

Lool not keen on spoilers but answer me this- Did whiskeyjack come back in any capacity, as an ascendant probably? Or he stayed dead?
hehe He came back commanding the Army of the dead(undead). They were pretty badass too
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by CallMeBIRA(f): 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
''Unless the penis dies young,it would surely eat bearded meat.''Arrow of God(page 144)
Re: Top Quotes From Novels You've Read by thedarklord(m): 12:32am On Jun 14, 2016
leahcimzil:

hehe He came back commanding the Army of the dead(undead). They were pretty badass too
Hahaha I knew it!!!! Though I sorta predicted he'd come back as an ascendant and take a throne to himself (probably kurald emurlan) like dancer and the emperor did, u know?

Anyways I just knew he'd be back.

Any other bad ass fiction you'd recommend?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Day I Died : April 14 / Untitled / ANOTHER FLOWERBOY TALE (Perfect Addiction (18+) By Blezzed Abraham...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.