Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Fish Farming Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fish Farming Business (597 Views)

How To Start A Mushroom Farming Business / Starting A Pigry Farming Business / Fish Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fish Farming Business by adfabb(m): 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hello, i will be talking about FISH farming just like we are already into catfish farming,tilapia fish,carps, and other fishes such as ornamental fishes plays important role in contributing to national economy of our so many countries of the world.Egypt is the highest producer of tilapia in africa,followed by Ghana and Nigeria has no place in Tilapia prodcution despite having huge freshwater resources than all the other two country mentioned above.Also Nigeria produce the highest tonnage of catfish in Africa today but we are yet to really tap into the gold mine of fishery resources.This is as result of lack of proper knowlegde about the practice,unscrupulus behaviour of scammers or fraudulent individual who parade themselves as expert,trying to cut corners,high cost of feeding catfish and lack of standard feed for tilapia,marketing problems as a result of strong cartel of market women that tends to make all the profit at the expense of the farmer ,also improper branding and lack of value addition to the fish are part of problems face by intending fish farmers. I intends to shed more light on these and so many others and hope that other member of the forum will help to contributes their experience and together we shall be able to add value to our farming operation and make more profit .
thanks
Adedeji Abdfattah Abiodun
Re: Fish Farming Business by MSEdLAW(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2013
Pls tell me more

(1) (Reply)

Reduced Call Tarrif From 1 April, 2013 - pls share your experience / Modern Petrol Station For Lease In Ibadan [afordable) / Compete Guide To Foodstuff Exportation Without Any Registration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.