Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Pidgin English! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pidgin English! (1585 Views)

Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings / Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pidgin English! by KHAMILEON(m): 10:55am On May 09, 2006
Nman I jest notice say one of una regulations, na say make all man no dey yarn pidgin, I just wan say that is unaceptable!, Yes this is ur site, but even you dont have the right to barn Pidgin as it is the most spoken Language in Nigeria today and as far as i know this is a naija joint!,

Its like telling Jamaicans not to speak patoise on their web
Or telling African Americans not to speak Slangs-ebonics (thats what a lot of them can actualy speak)

So whatever ur reason for saying this, just know it wont hold, and I am here to speak Pidgin and would encourage others to do, If u barn me, i go re-sign in again as a new guy, so dont even bother, Pidgin is a language that i am proud of and will speak forever, Gbam! na im be that
Re: Pidgin English! by Rhodalyn(f): 2:27pm On May 09, 2006
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy i feel u boy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pidgin English! by Skidoc(m): 2:28pm On May 09, 2006
Hahahaha! I dey hail you my guy! Na you biko. The problem is that there are quite a number of Afro-americans, oyinbos and peops from other countries on this site. They won't catch the vibe but maybe we should have a special place for slaughtering pidgin english, abi no be so? By the way, I think I know you (that's actually why I'm replying to this thread grin) U be musician or u just picked up the guy's name?
Re: Pidgin English! by KHAMILEON(m): 3:02pm On May 09, 2006
Re: Pidgin English!
« #2 on: Today at 02:28:24 PM » 
Posted on: Today at 02:28:24 PMPosted by: Skidoc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hahahaha! I dey hail you my guy! Na you biko. The problem is that there are quite a number of Afro-americans, oyinbos and peops from other countries on this site. They won't catch the vibe but maybe we should have a special place for slaughtering pidgin english, abi no be so? By the way, I think I know you (that's actually why I'm replying to this thread ) U be musician or u just picked up the guy's name?

I feel you my guy!,  The problem with ya tori be say this na NAIJA JOINT!!,  How you go enter HOLLAND and you go say make the citizens no speak DUTCH because you get visitors??,   Its just not possible,  I don dey online for at least four years and this na the very first Joint to yarn like this and the ironic thing about it, be say this na Proper Naija based Joint!,   If persin yarn pidgin and a few people no understand I know a million peeps always dey on hard to translate,  Same happens when people speak yoruba,  Abeg make the Modrators go change that warning because the thing no hold water at all!!,  Unless them want make i go bring ma Area-boys to come flood this joint with pidgin.  Nonsense & trying to be onyibo gramma gramma sad

PA J??  WHERE ARE YOU??,  YAWA DEY GAS FOR HERE O!!!!!!!
Re: Pidgin English! by vichel(m): 4:02pm On May 09, 2006
ma brother this thread dey make my belle sweet well well. anyways i think say if we wan trowey pidgin english for this forum, we fit do am, as long as we try to translate am for does wey no go fit get am. na ma own two kobo be dat.
Re: Pidgin English! by Seun(m): 2:51pm On May 16, 2007
Moved to culture section
Re: Pidgin English! by YOUNGDICEs(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2007
that english sound like hausa to me.
Re: Pidgin English! by Adetife: 12:50am On May 17, 2007
Be lik say i don find my post for dis NL o - Seun self no fit talk! grin
Re: Pidgin English! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
[size=13pt]Wetin Dey do you. . . . !! grin errr . . . I see your own kolo don ripe like plantain. *Trouble maker* abeg Run lost! cheesy[/size]
Adetife:

Be lik say i don find my post for dis NL o - Seun self no fit talk! grin

(1)

How Much Is A Carat Moissanite Ring? / Urhobo Wa Do / Am I Cursed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.